• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Pummel (193)
Assist (130)
Headshot (113)
Revenge (86)
Avenge me (50)
Needle Kill (46)

Headshots are lower, but I rarely ever play swat/dmr. My pummel is higher because Im coming from TF2 where I'm very much an in your face kind of player

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
godhandiscen said:
Yeah, I did HD. I will get 50 mins later.

edit: it's rendered.

Wow, Bungie's web dev team is pretty cool. That was a very smooth experience.

TY for the render. The clip isn't especially skillful, but it was a nice "GTFO" moment for me :lol

Edit: I just realized you can see me killing another dude through the base, at the very start of that clip. Never noticed that before.

Hey You

Really urk?

This is like the Reach beta forum all over again.:lol

Edit: That's not a bad idea actually. Is this serious or just trying to be funny? It might work better than individual threads.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
"The Halo: Reach Power Weapons Thread"

"Please discuss how mad you are on a scale of 1-10 that Power Weapons dominate every map, like Boardwalk (best map ever)."

Kapura

Banned
Arena (4 proz):
Headshot (328)
Assist (193)
Revenge (94)
Pummel (86)
Rejection (77)

Competitive (4 broz):
Headshot (330)
Assist (158)
Pummel (147)
Double Kill (83)
Revenge (82)

Neuromancer said:
Dieses Bild wurde gelöscht!

GELOSCHT!
(Iforgot to remove the bungie logo on the right. after removing the Halo Reach logo on teh left. hence why i deleted that one)

Fixed Reuploaded & fixed OP

Hey You

10 pinned topics is too many. There's gotta be a different way to do it. Might as well lock the Optimatch forum to new threads and just have official threads.

999 Headshots (120 Sniper)
328 Assists
285 Pummels
208 Doubles
172 Revenges

Get shit on bad kids.

Just realized I had one of these in Competitive

Thank_the_Maker%21.png

Win a game when a Bungie employee is on the other team. Get shit on random Bungie employee. :D

Tashi0106 said:
Lets post top medals in competitive again. I wanna see something

1. Headshots (1120)
2. Assists (389)
3. Revenge (218)
4. Double Kill (192)
5. Sniper Headshots (186)
6. Pummel (148)

To everyone who wants to list their tops medal, be sure to include the amount of pummel medals you have. That's what I'm most curious about.

Thanks.

I haven't had a chance to play in over a week but here goes.

1. Headshots (721)
2. Assists (298)
3. Pummel (238) (I am Green Thumb and have always had a high pummel count)
4. Revenge (168)
5. Double Kill (157)
6. Reload This (101)
7. Avenger (97)
8. Killing Spree (94)

Went to eight because... Well those were just the ones with numbers over 90. :p

Edit: I think along with this we should include the following stats.

Total Kills: 1,936
K/D: 1.77
Playtime: 0d 18h 8m
Top 3 Competitive Weapons:

1. DMR - M392
Kills: 769 | Deaths: 383

2. Melee
Kills: 306 | Deaths: 191

4. Sniper Rifle - SRS99
Kills: 140 | Deaths: 99

Arena:

Headshots (802) <-- only 32 sniper!
Assist (395)
Pummel (182)
Revenge (223) <-- I'm a vindictive bastard :D
Double Kill (63)
Killing Spree (42)

Kapura said:
Tashi, you and I seem to be the only people in GAF who think this is shite.

And Shake, and me, and probably everyone else.

I honestly think that shield damage should be counted - if you literally strip someone from full to no shields you should definatly get the assist.

bobs99 ... said:
And Shake, and me, and probably everyone else.

I honestly think that shield damage should be counted - if you literally strip someone from full to no shields you should definatly get the assist.

Definitely me. I lived off assists in Halo 3. In Reach, I feel like I'm competing against my own team instead of helping them.

MrBig

Dani said:
The rumours of the Falcon being patched are greatly exaggerated. :D

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b177/iamnotevilness/partay.jpg[/IMG]
I even tried it twice since I was forced off live by the update and it didn't work. Must have been because of tilt.

Gui_PT

Dani said:
The rumours of the Falcon being patched are greatly exaggerated. :D

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b177/iamnotevilness/partay.jpg[/QUOTE]

So, how do you do that? I PP the Falcon multiple times but it doesn't come down. Is there a trick to it?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Gui_PT said:
So, how do you do that? I PP the Falcon multiple times but it doesn't come down. Is there a trick to it?

If Emile is in the Falcon or the Falcon is being used as a waypoint, you can't PP it. Easy way to do it, load up Mission Point Alpha on Normal, quick drive, grab a PP and you'll be in the air in a minute.

I managed to get Carter, Jorge and Emile in at the same time, plus an Elite and a Grunt ridin' dirty on top. So much fun.

Gui_PT

Dani said:
If Emile is in the Falcon or the Falcon is being used as a waypoint, you can't PP it. Easy way to do it, load up Mission Point Alpha on Normal, quick drive, grab a PP and you'll be in the air in a minute.

I managed to get Carter, Jorge and Emile in at the same time, plus an Elite and a Grunt ridin' dirty on top. So much fun.

Sounds like great fun. Will try. Thanks.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Well, 5 straight matches of SWAT, which might be the worst game type I've ever played in an FPS. Is there any word on making this it's own option?

Dear, Bungie, remove Boneyard from BTB, or switch the bases up to the ship and the building, because right now, it is sooooooooooooooooooo unfair for red team in any gametype, I will not rant like I did last time, but seriously, I want to know what you guys were thinking when you decided it was a good BTB map, really I do?

Cuban Legend said:
(Iforgot to remove the bungie logo on the right. after removing the Halo Reach logo on teh left. hence why i deleted that one)

Fixed Reuploaded & fixed OP

Danke

Currently in a 6v4 Invasion Slayer on Boneyard before the game even started FFFUUUU

Safe Bet

Banned
Shake Appeal said:
It's not hard to grasp.
The way the system works now, assists are basically a consolation for someone else finishing your kill.

You take a guy's shields down +<40% of his health...

A teammate pops him with a headshot...

You get an "assist".

Etc..

Starting to think I'm better with the magnum than the DMR. :(

It feels really clumsy not having it to switch to at short range in Slayer Pro right now.

Huh. In competitive my DMR K/D is 1.8 and my magnum K/D is 3.58. :lol

Alucrid

Banned
I have a question about the xp cap they have. How much is it and is it only for credits you get in game or does it also void challenges / commendations?

Also, this happened earlier...

Screenshot.jpg

MrBig said:
It not something any normal player would run into. People have been running into it at around 80-120k

Oh wow. Never mind then...I thought I heard someone say something about 25,000 or something like that. Thanks.

MrBig

Alucrid said:
I have a question about the xp cap they have. How much is it and is it only for credits you get in game or does it also void challenges / commendations?
It not something any normal player would run into. People have been running into it at around 80-120k

Just had my first "I'm going to throw my controller at the TV if I don't stop playing" night of Reach. Every second of every game was INFURIATING. Hemmorage five times in a fucking row, 2-3 quitters a game at the vote screen, Fucking SWAT...

RAAAAGGGGEEEEE

Got a double headshot sniper kill with a single round on two guys at the peak of Asshole Mountain on Paradiso earlier that I forgot to clip. From my base. Felt good.

Thagomizer said:
Just had my first "I'm going to throw my controller at the TV if I don't stop playing" night of Reach. Every second of every game was INFURIATING. Hemmorage five times in a fucking row, 2-3 quitters a game at the vote screen, Fucking SWAT...

RAAAAGGGGEEEEE
I have got steadily worse at the Arena, I think. The standard feels so high (few people actually seem to be playing it consistently, and I see the same dudes a lot), I either scrape into the top four or crash and burn when teammates quit. About once every ten games I'll go 1600+, but otherwise I am getting stomped on repeatedly.

Adjusting some power weapon timers, removing radar, and giving me a magnum in Pro would help.

Mutagenic said:
Well, 5 straight matches of SWAT, which might be the worst game type I've ever played in an FPS. Is there any word on making this it's own option?
I think it's getting it's own playlist in October.

MrBig

Shake Appeal said:
Got a double headshot sniper kill with a single round on two guys at the peak of Asshole Mountain on Paradiso earlier that I forgot to clip. From my base. Felt good.
There needs to be a soft kill barrier up there.

Shake Appeal said:

I have got steadily worse at the Arena, I think. The standard feels so high (few people actually seem to be playing it consistently, and I see the same dudes a lot), I either scrape into the top four or crash and burn when teammates quit. About once every ten games I'll go 1600+, but otherwise I am getting stomped on repeatedly.

Adjusting some power weapon timers, removing radar, and giving me a magnum in Pro would help.

It'll get better once True-skill gets more data. I'm in tin or whatever because I've quit so much, but I still play against unranked people that end up in Silver or higher. I'm not gonna quit out of ANY games next season and see where I land, lol.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
So... I don't know if anyone has noticed this or not about hunters, but they are super easy if you just attack their spines (above their head) first and knock them off. This will expose their back and make them easy work since they walk around in a stooper after you do so.

At least from what I've noticed. You can even knock the spines off from picking at them from the front.

I'm talking about targeting them from the front specifically. It seems you can completely avoid "dancing" with them.

Alienshogun said:
So... I don't know if anyone has noticed this or not about hunters, but they are super easy if you just attack their spines (above their head) first and knock them off. This will expose their back and make them easy work since they walk around in a stooper after you do so.

At least from what I've noticed. You can even knock the spines off from picking at them from the front.

I'm talking about targeting them from the front specifically. It seems you can completely avoid "dancing" with them.

Cool. I'll try that in the club scene on my Legendary co-op run.

dslgunstar said:
It'll get better once True-skill gets more data. I'm in tin or whatever because I've quit so much, but I still play against unranked people that end up in Silver or higher. I'm not gonna quit out of ANY games next season and see where I land, lol.
See, I can't remember laying eyes on an Iron player. I don't even really see Bronze players (which is where it's dumped be to after being Silver for much of the season). I mostly see unranked people, or Gold people. Consistently. A few times today I was matched with or against Onyx players, and yeah, those guys are clearly much better than me. Gratz, TrueSkill. Ya got me.

MrBig

dslgunstar said:
Cool. I'll try that in the club scene on my Legendary co-op run.
You can also turn on the
siege of madrigal/never surrender
egg and completely bypass that part. I did it for my legendary run.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Wow, SWAT on Pinnacle is the worst gametype in the game. You spawn, walk two steps and someone spawns right behind you.

We were on the banshee spawn pad and had both entrances covered and got assassinated by two guys that spawned in behind us.

Get SWAT out of multiteam too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom