• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dirtbag said:
I thought it's one of the prettier Halo maps ever, though not the best looking of the trio. To each his own.
Anchor 9 is already in my list of favourite overall Halo maps of all time. Soo good on so many levels.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
enzo_gt said:
Anchor 9 is already in my list of favourite overall Halo maps of all time. Soo good on so many levels.

LOL for real?

I mean, enjoyed the few matches I played on it but that's quite a bold statement.

Dirtbag

^agreed. If anything I'd say that Tempest would be the likely favorite of the bunch for me.

enzo_gt said:

I like it, but I need to A). play it 4 vs 4 as intended B). Play it with armor lock disabled because the times I've played it have seen heavy AL which ruins my fun, and C). Give it some time before I'd dare rank it that high off of a gut reaction. The halo series has seen my favorite mp maps of all time across any FPS, so I don't won't place it in my favorites just yet... but it definitely looks primed for such a consideration.

Trasher

Nutter said:
When is the last time you played Halo? :lol

Anchor 9 is good, Tempest is good. Breakpoint is not good.
Yesterday. When it let me play for one fourth of a game before disconnecting me. I tried to ask you guys for an invite last night, but I don't think any of my messages went through. This game doesn't even let me play when I want to play it. :lol

So how's it going over there Mr. I'm Not on Facebook Anymore?

Louis Wu said:
Heh - I had a lot of fun playing it last night. My first game was against Brutes - turned out to be difficult to keep my eyes on the baddies and still kill the Elites. I learned by the second game - and when I was playing as an Elite, I hung back with a Needle Rifle. Worked really well. :)

You and Dax may feel that the health allotments drive gameplay in the 'wrong' direction - but I loved the change of pace. I WISH there were a version of Firefight where some good shooters would hang back and try and take me out from a distance... the different tactics would keep me on my toes more. (Score Attack is pretty rote these days; I do things the same way, every time, because it's efficient and it works.)

The problem is, the Needle rifle is a 7/8 shot kill? While the Spartans only need 3 shots to kill. So against competent players shooting from distance is not gonna work. Most of my games in Firefight Versus the Spartans just camp a room with shotguns. :(

I sort of hate to say it, but im not sure Tempest is anywhere near as good as standoff or Valhalla for me, running the flag seems more fun. But in straight slayer games its not got the standoff rocks that cause suck fun 'standoffs' or the Valhalla hill to control - its just a bit of a messy clusterfuck with players running around everywhere like headless chickens. :lol Maybe its the spawn structure?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Tashi0106 said:
LOL for real?

I mean, enjoyed the few matches I played on it but that's quite a bold statement.
For real. Hey I didn't say it was the BEST map to play on or the most BALANCED map to play on of all time, just a favourite. It lends itself well to splitscreen play, which I care about 10x more than matchmaking or whatnot.

Plus it's only been out for like, a day.

Did anyone figure out just how far away you have to be to get the DMR achievement? I swear the enemy's heads I was popping off were no bigger than an ant on my screen.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Major Williams said:
Did anyone figure out just how far away you have to be to get the DMR achievement? I swear the enemy's heads I was popping off were no bigger than an ant on my screen.

How big is your TV?

:p

Hey You

Willeth said:
Just had the most ridiculous game of Invasion. Both phase 1 and 2 were capped with one second on the clock against us.

There was also a Bungie dude in the game - does anyone know B5D Raiden? Thank him for the brospawnage if so. Assuming he wasn't a modder. :lol
I don't recall him being an employee, unless he was hired recently. (I was an admin of Facility B5D).

He probably did that glitch with his service tag to show the Bungie logo.

Major Williams said:

Got mine on Breakpoint. Was near the base and killled a sniper in the middle area where the Wraith spawns.

edit: oh and IIRC I got all the shots on him, no one assisted. Not sure if that affects the achievement so yeah.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Imperial Hot said:
The best way you're going to be be able to do that is to gather 11 other people with the Noble Map Pack and play Invasion.

GG to Gui, neoism and the bajillion other Gaffers I just played with.

MrBig

Good games today GAF.
Dirtbag said:
I love how a day or two after release everything is all roses and hearts on the new maps.
I'll be real curious to see what people really think about breakpoint in a few weeks.
I personally think its a pretty shitty map but then again I already think invasion is pretty garbo. So any map built with invasion in mind is going to be trash for me anyway. I think breakpoint really points out some of the other weaker points of the game besides armor lock. Like just how ridiculously accurate an unbloomed DMR is, and how it rapes ground movement on breakpoint. Or how weaksauce the warthog is, and just how innefective a jetpack renders a wraith. While armor lock seems to be a poor choice over the jetpack here, an armor lock negated splatter is still just as frustrating as ever and seems to be the only reason to choose AL on the map. Breakpoint is basically a giant version of Rat's nest with even less structure. It reminds me of the bastard love child of Avalanche and Rat's Nest.

Reach killed BTB, and vehicle combat sucks balls now. There I said it.
Banshee controls the map. Got a perfection with 25 kills, 16 of which were with a banshee today.

Plywood said:
The best way you're going to be be able to do that is to gather 11 other people with the Noble Map Pack and play Invasion.
This is lame.

So, say you don't have 11 friends with the DLC... what are the chances of Invasion Breakpoint showing up?

FourDoor

NullPointer said:
This is lame.

So, say you don't have 11 friends with the DLC... what are the chances of Invasion Breakpoint showing up?

I say pretty good. I played last night with 6friends who had the DLC and our first attempt in Invasion yielded Breakpoint. My guess is that Breakpoint is heavily weighted right now in Invasion if all the people have the DLC.

(plus you have a ton of achievement whores out there that want to get the bomb achievement too).

FourDoor said:
I say pretty good. I played last night with 6friends who had the DLC and our first attempt in Invasion yielded Breakpoint. My guess is that Breakpoint is heavily weighted right now in Invasion if all the people have the DLC.

(plus you have a ton of achievement whores out there that want to get the bomb achievement too).
One can hope I guess.

It never showed up for any of my invasion games last night, but I only gave it maybe half a dozen tries. Spent the lion share of my time in the Noble playlist, which was always a good time.

MMaRsu

TheOddOne said:
Wat? Anchor is way more beautiful then the rest of the maps.

In other news...

UUJMA.png

Got 'em :D

We need to play some games soon man..

Dirtbag

I'm ready for a new game. 343 bring it.
I hate saying this, but this is the flatest MP experience ever offered in a Halo title. It's got some of the most ho-hum boring gunplay in the series, some extremely frustrating decisions, framerate problems (which aren't a huge deal breaker for me), lame vehicle combat, and the list goes on. IMO this is the biggest waist of a stunning engine and glorious netcode ever conceived. My friends list apparantly got the message, as practically no one plays this game. I'm talking people whom I'd spend at least an hour a day with online playing halo. I've played this game for what 8-9 years, the magic is gone.

Best campaign yet, but at what cost.

Dirt out

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Major Williams said:

I had the same issue on Breakpoint or whatever that snow map is. I think the achievement may be a bit weird.

Dirtbag said:
I hate saying this, but this is the flatest MP experience ever offered in a Halo title. It's got some of the most ho-hum boring gunplay in the series, some extremely frustrating decisions, framerate problems (which aren't a huge deal breaker for me), lame vehicle combat, and the list goes on. IMO this is the biggest waist of a stunning engine and glorious netcode ever conceived. My friends list apparantly got the message, as practically no one plays this game. I'm talking people whom I'd spend at least an hour a day with online playing halo. I've played this game for what 8-9 years, the magic is gone.

Dirt out

Perhaps you are just burned out on Halo? For everyone saying they don't like Reach, there seems to be the same amount of people who love it.

I didn't get a chance to get into 2 or 3 much while I was in the Army, but I don't see Reach as THAT far of a departure, the game has changed greatly from each iteration to the next.

Perhaps you and your friends are just burned out, perhaps it IS the worst Halo MP experience, but I don't see it, but as I said, I'm no expert.

Jin34

Kuroyume said:
Ah, thanks this weill be helpful.

Weird how one side gets the laser but not the other:

dlc_breakpoint.jpg

Laser and plasma launcher

Where on bungie.net do they have these pics? I substituded breakpoint for anchor9 and got that pic but it doesn't work for tempest. Would be nice to see for all the maps but navigating their web page is a pita to find what you want.

Dirtbag

Alienshogun said:
I had the same issue on Breakpoint or whatever that snow map is. I think the achievement may be a bit weird.

Perhaps you are just burned out on Halo? For everyone saying they don't like Reach, there seems to be the same amount of people who love it.

I didn't get a chance to get into 2 or 3 much while I was in the Army, but I don't see Reach as THAT far of a departure, the game has changed greatly from each iteration to the next.

Perhaps you and your friends are just burned out, perhaps it IS the worst Halo MP experience, but I don't see it, but as I said, I'm no expert.
well I am an expert, and having played the shit out of this game, I now know exactly what I liked about the previous halo's and it's not here. Bungie makes quality/polished titles. It's why I still turn the game on for a bit here and there... But when the poster child halo is getting beaten by two sequels of the same game in COD, I know I'm not alone.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Dirtbag said:
well I am an expert, and having played the shit out of this game, I now know exactly what I liked about the previous halo's and it's not here. Bungie makes quality/polished titles. It's why I still turn the game on for a bit here and there... But when the poster child halo is getting beaten by two sequels of the same game in COD, I know I'm not alone.

Eh, COD appeals to a more broad audience. That isn't really evidence, and while you are not alone, there are others who like Reach they aren't alone either. Like I said, I'm not saying you are wrong, but perhaps you are just feeling franchise fatigue.

Don't let what others enjoy effect your opinion on a game, you seem to use your friends list and the UU list from Major Nelson a lot to vindicate your position, personally that is the last place I would look to determine a good game.

Halo Reach is still the best multiplayer shooter on Xbox right now, from support, to polish, to game mechanics it trumps every offering currently on the table.

GhaleonEB

Jin34 said:
Where on bungie.net do they have these pics? I substituded breakpoint for anchor9 and got that pic but it doesn't work for tempest. Would be nice to see for all the maps but navigating their web page is a pita to find what you want.
At the top of the OP is a link.

Alienshogun said:

Nah trust me on this, Reach is a HUGE departure, you can really feel it. Thats a good thing for a lot of people though, dont get me wrong. There are a lot of high level changes, and a whole host of low level changes that change gameplay.

I personally find some of the decisions a bit odd, and find that this is a slower game than before.

This isnt an angry rant, more subjective, hopefully constructive critism - for example one little change in Reach comes from the fact that the shield recharge rate is a lot slower. This change baffles me, and doesnt seem to do the gameplay any good at all. On Halo 3 you were able to have a battle, and then travel to your next battle safe in the knowledge that your shields will recharge by the time you get there - sure your vulnerable, but with good movement you could traverse the map. It was actually quite exciting. On Reach I find that I literally have to drop out of the action for a bit otherwise im pretty damn disadvantaged - this isnt a major issue with the game, but its just an example of one of the reasons I find Reach a little bit more slow.

Its not even a tactical thing, on older Halo you had to tactically move towards your next battle when weak. On Reach your better off just sitting somewhere for a bit. Its a change I cant quite understand, but if its a change to balance something like Armour lock then tut tut Bungie. :p If it was to balance the health mechanic, I still dont get it.

I could have explained this better, but im too lazy, theres a whole host of low level balancing decisions like this that just serve to sort of slow down the pace of the action. Dont get me wrong - Reach is a REALLY good game in its own right, and im getting my fair share of fun with the map pack playlist. But considering only 6v6 or BTB excites me thus far. Reach for me is the poorest Halo MP experience so far - I REALLY miss the exciting 4v4 arena based games. Hopefully MLG will change that but we will see. Im also hoping for a patch, but I sort of understand that people prefer Reach as it is and they aint gonna change the game just on my say so. :lol

As I said though, Reach is a awesome game in its own right and I will continue to play it to death, but I dont feel satisfied as a long term Halo fan. I enjoy it, but its not at the level that past Halo was at.

I sort of echoe Dirtbag when I say that I think the campaign was the best of the bunch, but came at a cost. Feeling like a Spartan 3 in campaign is awesome, but its a step down from playing as a Spartan 2 and kicking ass in the multiplayer. :p

Striker

Dirtbag said:
Sounds like me heading from Halo 2 into Halo 3. If you aren't having fun, bail out. This is right behind Halo 2 for me, so the fun is there.

Dirtbag said:
Let's not act like Halo 3 didn't get out-shined consistently, because it was often behind COD in the charts. The COD rise has nothing to do with Reach and its level of quality. This has been around since Nov. 2007.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
bobs99 ... said:
Nah trust me on this, Reach is a HUGE departure, you can really feel it. There are a lot of high level changes, and a whole host of odd low level changes that just serve to slow down the gameplay.

This isnt an angry rant, more subjective, hopefully constructive critism - for example one little change in Reach comes from the fact that the shield recharge rate is a lot slower. This change baffles me, and doesnt seem to do the gameplay any good at all. On Halo 3 you were able to have a battle, and then travel to your next battle safe in the knowledge that your shields will recharge by the time you get there - sure your vulnerable, but with good movement you could traverse the map. It was actually quite exciting. On Reach I find that I literally have to drop out of the action for a bit otherwise im pretty damn disadvantaged - this isnt a major issue with the game, but its just an example of one of the reasons I find Reach a little bit more slow.

Its not even a tactical thing, on older Halo you had to tactically move towards your next battle when weak. On Reach your better off just sitting somewhere for a bit. Its a change I cant quite understand, but if its a change to balance something like Armour lock then tut tut Bungie. :p If it was to balance the health mechanic, I still dont get it.

I could have explained this better, but im too lazy, theres a whole host of low level balancing decisions like this that just serve to sort of slow down the pace of the action. Dont get me wrong - Reach is a REALLY good game in its own right, and im getting my fair share of fun with the map pack playlist. But considering only 6v6 or BTB excites me thus far. Reach for me is the poorest Halo MP experience so far - I REALLY miss the exciting 4v4 arena based games. Hopefully MLG will change that but we will see. Im also hoping for a patch, but I sort of understand that people prefer Reach as it is and they aint gonna change the game just on my say so. :lol

As I said though, Reach is a awesome game in its own right and I will continue to play it to death, but I dont feel satisfied as a long term Halo fan. I enjoy it, but its not at the level that past Halo was at.

I sort of echoe Dirtbag when I say that I think the campaign was the best of the bunch, but came at a cost. Feeling like a Spartan 3 in campaign is awesome, but its a step down from playing as a Spartan 2 and kicking ass in the multiplayer. :p

I understand all that, but to completely throw it under the bus as a bad game like Dirtbag seems to be doing is what I don't get. Just because it isn't number 1 and his friends aren't playing it doesn't make it "worse" than COD, which seems to be where he attempts to vindicate himself a lot.

It may be an overall 'less than Halo 3 experience' to some of you, but it's still arguably the best Live experience available and others may think it's the best Halo experience. Not all changes will be universally accepted, nor should they ever expect to be.

Alienshogun said:
I understand all that, but to completely throw it under the bus as a bad game like Dirtbag seems to be doing is what I don't get. Just because it isn't number 1 and his friends aren't playing it doesn't make it "worse" than COD, which seems to be where he attempts to vindicate himself a lot.

It may be a overall less than Halo 3 experience to some of you, but it's still arguably the best Live experience available.

Comparing Halo to CoD is like comparing apples to oranges. I prefer to compare Halo to Halo. :p

I love CoD (all of them), and I love Reach - but I still prefer Halo 3 to both at this point. Reach's map pack has sure put Reach a few notches up though - and so im warming to Reach a lot. More playlist updates that incorperate the maps and will be awesome - I still find fualt with some of the game mechanics, but the aweful disk maps really overexaggerated the issue.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
bobs99 ... said:
Comparing Halo to CoD is like comparing apples to oranges. I prefer to compare Halo to Halo. :p

I love CoD (all of them), and I love Reach - but I still prefer Halo 3 to both at this point.

Actually, it's like comparing Granny smith apples and Golden Delicious apples, both are FPS that "taste" different.

Regardless, I'm not talking about game play. I'm talking about polish, support, pure amount of things that can happen in Halo Reach, in addition to everything one can do.

COD doesn't come close, never has. It's a fun game, but it isn't even on the same level.

IW/Treyarch are not on the same level as Bungie. Bungie is up there with Blizzard Bioware and Valve.

Blueblur1

Dirtbag said:

Dirt out
I feel the same way. After yesterday's initial excitement, I'm not compelled to buy the new maps at all. Hell, I rather be playing games from my backlog than playing a bajillion hours of Reach (I used to do that with Halo 2 and, to a lesser extent, Halo 3). The game isn't terrible but it isn't to my liking.

Alienshogun said:
Actually, it's like comparing Granny smith apples and Golden Delicious apples, both are FPS that "taste" different.

Regardless, I'm not talking about game play. I'm talking about polish, support, pure amount of things that can happen in Halo Reach, in addition to everything one can do.

COD doesn't come close, never has. It's a fun game, but it isn't even on the same level.

IW/Treyarch are not on the same level as Bungie. Bungie is up there with Blizzard Bioware and Valve.

I dont wanna go down this route AT all but I will say that Treyarch have taken a leaf out of Bungies book. They have copied theatre mode, online pictures + render to video. And have pretty detailed stats tracking (albiet in game). They have also put out a bunch of patches, and have done the whole playlist update thing.

Bungie innovate Treyarch copy. :D

Comparing features is one thing, CoD and Reach are actually quite equal now but it did take CoD four games to catch up. :lol Comparing gameplay is impossible though, because in my opinion both games really are totally different. It would be like comparing Gran Tourismo to Burnout!

Some awesome games guys. Seriously, PLAY WITH OTHER GAFFERS. I was getting donged on pretty hard on my last game but it was hilarious. Far more enjoyable.

Hydranockz said:
Some awesome games guys. Seriously, PLAY WITH OTHER GAFFERS. I was getting donged on pretty hard on my last game but it was hilarious. Far more enjoyable.

You donged on my pretty hard in that snipers game. But it was fun - again sory for bailing out, match was gonna last a bit tooo long and I was already overdue leaving.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
bobs99 ... said:
I dont wanna go down this route AT all but I will say that Treyarch have taken a leaf out of Bungies book. They have copied theatre mode, online pictures + render to video. And have pretty detailed stats tracking (albiet in game). They have also put out a bunch of patches, and have done the whole playlist update thing.

Bungie innovate Treyarch copy. :D

Comparing features is one thing, CoD and Reach are actually quite equal now but it did take CoD 4 games to catch up. :lol Comparing gameplay is impossible though, because in my opinion both games really are totally different. It would be like comparing Gran Tourismo to Burnout!

Yeah, I have Blackops and all the stuff they added seems well and good at first, but most of it isn't even working correctly. Following the lead of great developer does not a great developer make.

Alienshogun said:
Yeah, I have Blackops and all the stuff they added seems well and good at first, but most of it isn't even working correctly. Following the lead of great developer does not a great developer make.

Yeah agreed. Point is though that I just dont think you can possible compare Halo and CoD. They offer similar stuff sure - but the way they play is totally different. You cant say Reach sucks in comparison to CoD, because quite frankly that would be like saying showering sucks compared to bathing. You just cant quantify something like that, it really is personal choice when you come to that level.

Yeah thats right, I just went there... Showering is so much better than bathing

FourDoor

My personal experience with Halo XBL:

Halo 2 was 8v8 customs 2 to 3times a week followed by Clan/BTB almost every night until 3AM when the east coasters would log off.

Halo 3 was BTB almost every night until 3AM in the morning with friends.

Halo Reach thus far has yielded me only 26 BTB games to date. Yes I know I wasn't around during the Reach launch but I was hoping that by the time I came back people would still be playing but they're not. :(

I love Halo and I love Reach but I refuse to play team games (especially BTB) with randoms so I just don't play at all. I guess I need to clean up my friends list a bit and add some more HaloGafffers that play regularly.

Dirtbag

Alienshogun said:
Eh, COD appeals to a more broad audience. That isn't really evidence, and while you are not alone, there are others who like Reach they aren't alone either. Like I said, I'm not saying you are wrong, but perhaps you are just feeling franchise fatigue.

Don't let what others enjoy effect your opinion on a game, you seem to use your friends list and the UU list from Major Nelson a lot to vindicate your position, personally that is the last place I would look to determine a good game.

Halo Reach is still the best multiplayer shooter on Xbox right now, from support, to polish, to game mechanics it trumps every offering currently on the table.

Halo appeals to a broad audience. It is the reason xbox exists.
I was pretty clear that while I do think its a quality game, I think it's the weakest in the series.
And I promise you I'm one of the least influenced people on what I like and don't like based off of other people's opinions.

This game is head and shoulders above countless other shooters on the market, but as far as feeling and playing like a good halo game (by my own expectations and opinions) it is a very weak offering. They took the series in a direction I just flat-out don't like. I'm not even talking small things, but the core of the experience. Something about the pacing of everything just feels totally off for me and it's hard to really put in words but the gunplay is both flat and unsatisfying. The things I'm finding rewarding are the perfect jetpack manuever on the cage, or the pro-pipe... but few other things have that sense of accomplishment. I'm ready for the next attempt.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
bobs99 ... said:
Yeah agreed. Point is though that I just dont think you can possible compare Halo and CoD. They offer similar stuff sure - but the way they play is totally different. You cant say Reach sucks in comparison to CoD, because quite frankly that would be like saying showering sucks compared to bathing.

Yeah thats right, I just went there... Showering is so much better than bathing

I think you are missing what went on, I merely said that Halo is the better Live experience which is clearly opinion, which was only to address Dirt's comments about Halo being less popular than COD. I understand some will prefer COD, which is why I said it appeals to a broader audience, but there really is no disputing that Halo is the better quality game.

GhaleonEB

Alienshogun said:

This may be true, but it doesn't really speak to the kinds of things that bother guys like Dirtbag (and to a degree, myself) about Reach's multiplayer game. The feature set and (to a lesser degree) polish are supreme in Reach, but there are some design decisions that I cannot fathom and which damage the game considerably for me. I mean, I really appreciate the passion behind the absurdly detailed visuals, the art, the astounding UI. The multiplayer options and the depth of the gameplay are formidable. But stuff like mêlée combat and Armor Lock in Reach just make it a lot less fun to me. I know Dirtbag wants to throw his controller across a room every time someone Armor Locks. Me, I just haven't played much MP as a result (well, that and the maps on offer, which just got a big upgrade IMO).

I've been meaning to do a long "review" post on Campaign, one for Firefight, and one for MP, and have notes made about each so that I can more fully flesh out my opinion of the game. It's nuanced and even self-contradictory. But short version is Campaign - awesome (mostly), Firefight - awesome, Multiplayer - less than awesome, and depending on the setup really bad. And that stems from the base gameplay in conjunction with how the matchmaking options are configured, and how those jive with my preferred Halo game types. I mean, I played the hell out of Halo 3's MP but can't get into Reach, yet. I've stopped Forging (and writing about Forging) because I just can't get that enthusiastic about the MP gameplay that takes place on Forged maps. I seldom have fun in customs.

That said, I'm going to try and give the new maps/playlist a nice long romp and see how it sticks. I really think they represent the best of Reach's offerings and have a few that are near the top of the entire series.

Alienshogun said:
I think you are missing what went on, I merely said that Halo is the better Live experience which is clearly opinion, which was only to address Dirt's comments about Halo being less popular than COD. I understand some will prefer COD, which is why I said it appeals to a broader audience, but there really is no disputing that Halo is the better quality game.

Nah I understood fully what went on. Im just saying that your kinda using flawed logic by saying that its opinion that some people prefer CoD but its a fact that Halo is the better quality game. :lol

Its all totally opinion, especially when you compare Halo to CoD. The only comparison you can make is Halo to previous Halo. Sadly I have to say that this iteration of Halo seems pretty weak in comparison to the older entries and Dirtbags ancidotal evidence that his Halo buddys dont play as much is kinda proof of that. I see the same trend.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Dirtbag said:
Halo appeals to a broad audience. It is the reason xbox exists.
I was pretty clear that while I do think its a quality game, I think it's the weakest in the series.
And I promise you I'm one of the least influenced people on what I like and don't like based off of other people's opinions.

This game is head and shoulders above countless other shooters on the market, but as far as feeling and playing like a good halo game (by my own expectations and opinions) it is a very weak offering. They took the series in a direction I just flat-out don't like. I'm not even talking small things, but the core of the experience. Something about the pacing of everything just feels totally off for me and it's hard to really put in words but the gunplay is both flat and unsatisfying. The things I'm finding rewarding are the perfect jetpack manuever on the cage, or the pro-pipe... but few other things have that sense of accomplishment. I'm ready for the next attempt.

I said more broad, there really is no denying in today's culture COD games and games of it's ilk will attract more people than Halo.

As for the rest of your post, like I said before, you don't like the changes, others do.

And as odd as I feel saying this, it's exactly like Striker pointed out, some people HATED Halo 2 to Halo 3. You're feeling this now with Reach.

It all boils down to opinion, I was just getting the impression from you that you were looking for vindication of your own opinion based on UUs and your friends list, which would raise the question on if your opinion is as "solid" as you are making it seem if your opinion alone isn't enough vindication.

bobs99 ... said:
Nah I understood fully what went on. Im just saying that your kinda using flawed logic by saying that its opinion that some people prefer CoD but its a fact that Halo is the better quality game. :lol

Its all totally opinion, especially when you compare Halo to CoD. The only comparison you can make is Halo to previous Halo and I personally have to say I prefered the older style Halo.

Quality wise it IS a superior game, it's far more polished, supported, and works better in execution.

I'm not talking about which game type I prefer, I'm talking about the games ACTUAL quality.

Dirtbag

Alienshogun said:

None of this even remotely matters. I just see so much potential in what this game could have been, but I just don't understand or agree with the changes. Halo was always it's own entity, I just don't need another shooter with recoil or gimics. The watered down the core of the experience to bring something new to the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom