• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trasher

Ganhyun said:
Yea man, for sure. I couldnt stop laughing at the one of my 2 random teammates who kept getting mad at you. :lol :lol :lol
Yeah he sounded pretty frustrated. :lol At least he was a pretty nice guy though.

I'm really starting to hate zealot. Not just for the camping, but also for the sight lines that only last for about 1/4 second, unless you are on the top where it's just terrible corridor combat.

X26 said:
Tried invasion for the first time, and couldn't figure it out. How's it work?

As Mr. Big said, then there's a few more wrinkles.

For bro spawning, stay out of of fire for a minute and you're battle bro can spawn on you, like you are playing co-op.

At the start of each stage power weapons spawn (look for "Ordinance" on your hud).

Make sure to press up on the on the spawn locations, you never know when a sweet tank is going to be there ready for you to spawn right next to it.

Victrix

*beard*
electricpirate said:
I'm really starting to hate zealot. Not just for the camping, but also for the sight lines that only last for about 1/4 second, unless you are on the top where it's just terrible corridor combat.

I kind of agree. I want to like this map, but the lower level is dangerous to walk around on, as are the center walkways (we'll just ignore space entirely)

Gui_PT said:
Apparently, if you turn your xbox off, the 17 mulitplayer games challenge restarts. Don't turn your xbox off =(

Yeah I just came here to post this. I played a fair few games earlier. :(

I wonder if this is by design or a glitch?

Gui_PT

bobs99 ... said:
Yeah I just came here to post this. I played a fair few games earlier. :(

I wonder if this is by design or a glitch?

If it's not a glitch, it's stupid.

Btw, the game really wants me to boot people. Someone betrayed me accidentally. I forgive him, but the game asks me if I want to boot him 3 or 4 times after that, while I was still dead :lol

Raiden

Banned
Gui_PT said:
If it's not a glitch, it's stupid.

Btw, the game really wants me to boot people. Someone betrayed me accidentally. I forgive him, but the game asks me if I want to boot him 3 or 4 times after that, while I was still dead :lol

That is kinda stupid lol.(not you, da system :p)

I can honestly say i never booted anyone, really. But i have been booted myself plenty of times, each and every single one of them an accident.

Some people are just ...ugh.

Edit: For example, my latest boot, i confront this guy i sticky him, he shotguns me, runs into my friend who came sprinting in BAM, betrayal ... got booted :lol

Victrix

*beard*
The people who play Firefight are dangerously trusting, or haven't experienced the booting system - I'm not sure they realize that betraying me at the end of a match could result in them losing all of their credits for that match :lol

Not that I'm that much of a dick, but still, you'd think they'd have been kicked a few times already and figured that out

Victrix said:
The people who play Firefight are dangerously trusting, or haven't experienced the booting system - I'm not sure they realize that betraying me at the end of a match could result in them losing all of their credits for that match :lol

Not that I'm that much of a dick, but still, you'd think they'd have been kicked a few times already and figured that out

I'll be honest - I don't understand why teamfire is on in Firefight anyway.

divisionbyzorro said:
I'll be honest - I don't understand why teamfire is on in Firefight anyway.

Because otherwise any sense of tactics gets thrown down the drain, that's why.

Grab a power weapon and spam it no matter what, who cares if there's a teammate in the middle.

metareferential said:
Because otherwise any sense of tactics gets thrown down the drain, that's why.

Grab a power weapon and spam it no matter what, who cares if there's a teammate in the middle.

Okay, I'll rephrase slightly then.

Why is it on in Rocketfight/Sniperfight?

Hugbot

Hey, could someone please point me to where you can see your percentile for the last arena? I can see my division, but not my rank. Sorry if this has been asked before, I went back a few pages and all I could see was the dead baby fiasco and fallout.

divisionbyzorro said:
Okay, I'll rephrase slightly then.

Why is it on in Rocketfight/Sniperfight?
So people can ruin your "Survive a round in firefight" challenges if you decide not to Score Attack, clearly.

Trasher

Hugbot said:
Hey, could someone please point me to where you can see your percentile for the last arena? I can see my division, but not my rank. Sorry if this has been asked before, I went back a few pages and all I could see was the dead baby fiasco and fallout.

So people can ruin your "Survive a round in firefight" challenges if you decide not to Score Attack, clearly.
For some reason it isn't giving percentiles for certain people. I checked your gamertag and it wasn't showing one. :(

So as a Bungie Pro subscriber when do I get my render minutes for this month? Was hoping I'd have some today since it's a new month now.

Edit: Well that's lame. It says my 5 minutes won't recharge until October 28th... I specifically used them all the other night thinking I'd get more today. =/

feel

Fuck you Arena, I'll never give you a chance to tell me how much I suck at Halo.. I plan to stay at 0 Arena Games Played for as long as possible.

Raiden said:
That is kinda stupid lol.(not you, da system :p)

I can honestly say i never booted anyone, really. But i have been booted myself plenty of times, each and every single one of them an accident.

Some people are just ...ugh.

Edit: For example, my latest boot, i confront this guy i sticky him, he shotguns me, runs into my friend who came sprinting in BAM, betrayal ... got booted :lol
I have accidentally betrayed near 10 times so far, and haven't been booted once, not all people on live are immature childs. I always forgive betrayals too, unless I'm 100% sure it was on purpose and with no enemies around.

Hugbot

Trasher said:
For some reason it isn't giving percentiles for certain people. I checked your gamertag and it wasn't showing one. :(
Lame, I wanted to see how close to the bottom of the pile I was. If it did show up, would it have just been in the tooltip you get when you hover over current rank?

LiK

i was so badass with the falcon last night in a CTF Spire map. got two gunners in my plane and we were rawkin. i managed to easily keep my plane safe from dmg and i was protecting the flag guy by hovering near him. teamwork actually works! :p

Kuroyume

Banned
Victrix said:

Happened in a game yesterday... :lol Rocketfight or whatever it's called and the last enemy was dead and all of the sudden I see some dude killed another dude followed by the killer dying himself and the message "_____ quit" pop up on the HUD. :lol He was the top scorer too. :lol You just have to time it right. There's a window where you can betray without the boot prompt popping up on screen.

Btw, anyone have the link of a video that was posted here a few days ago of a mod? I didn't click the link so I can't describe the video but apparently it was a weapon mod or something of the sort.

Gui_PT said:
Can't turn your xbox off!
Seriously? That's retarded. Wake me up when the challenges are interesting, give you enough credits to be worthwhile and they don't require you to play 17 games in one sitting :)

IronRinn

About 5000 into Warrant Officer Grade 2. What the hell is with this damn rank? Looking at getting another 94000 cR is just...disheartening.

Wizpig

Grats ShinAmano. :D

Oh, and i'm sure i did one of these "play X games" challenges in two sittings.

But maybe it's just this one that is bugged? :(

Hugbot

IronRinn said:
About 5000 into Warrant Officer Grade 2. What the hell is with this damn rank? Looking at getting another 94000 cR is just...disheartening.
It's looking like WO g.3 is going to be where I break down and campaign farm during dinner or something. Fuck that hump, get back into some more reasonable ranks for awhile.
Mr. Sam said:
Somehow, I don't think Rumble Pit is the place to get the streak challenge.
Infection should make it pretty easy, and that shouldn't be too hard to find a game of.

Gui_PT said:
Apparently, if you turn your xbox off, the 17 mulitplayer games challenge restarts. Don't turn your xbox off =(
This is ridiculous. I played Reach all night after I got off work (5+ hours) and I'm pretty certain I didn't play 17 matches. :lol

Seriously, though. I played 19 matches in that amount of time.

Hugbot said:
It's looking like WO g.3 is going to be where I break down and campaign farm during dinner or something. Fuck that hump, get back into some more reasonable ranks for awhile.

Infection should make it pretty easy, and that shouldn't be too hard to find a game of.
I tried the Target Locator thing on ONI last night and after getting a couple commendations to Onyx, you really don't advance that far. It's like 20k cR or something in about 20 minutes, then about 5k every 30 minutes. Not really worth it at all, unless I'm doing something wrong.

Definitely not going to help you get to 94k very quickly.

Hugbot

The Lamonster said:
I tried the Target Locator thing on ONI last night and after getting a couple commendations to Onyx, you really don't advance that far. It's like 20k cR or something in about 20 minutes, then about 5k every 30 minutes. Not really worth it at all, unless I'm doing something wrong.

Just enough to make about 1/3rd of the grade 3 bar disappear though and I can take the twenty minutes while I'm eating so it's no big. I'm already ~1/4 of the way through the bar so anything to speed up getting over the WO hump.

S1kkZ

ok, infection on zealot is just unfair. the non-zombie team just camps in the zero gravity zone, no chance in hell to get there as a zombie.

Hugbot said:
Just enough to make about 1/3rd of the grade 3 bar disappear though and I can take the twenty minutes while I'm eating so it's no big. I'm already ~1/4 of the way through the bar so anything to speed up getting over the WO hump.
Yeah definitely. I would feel bad about abusing the system in a Halo game, but some of these credit requirements are fucking ridiculous and I want to get my Spartan customized sooner than a year from now.

I don't understand what's up with Bungie.net. I've been a player since day 1 and my online profile has yet to update my spartan, my co-op legendary run, or my division ranking percentile. Anyone else experience this?

IronRinn

The Lamonster said:

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall seeing that the dip after 20K is from doing so in one session or day. If you were to quit for the day and retry that section you would be back to the 20K pace. Again, I could be misinformed. Certainly, 20000 cR helps but there is definitely no quick and easy way through Warrant Officer. A seriously intimidating speed bump for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom