• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: Trump can't book talent for inauguration. Trump Tweet: Nuh uh, your face!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that people often say that 'any exposure is good exposure' but in this case, I don't see anybody playing at Trump's inauguration walking away with a positive image after this

Orange Asshole supporters will likely go nuts and instantly become fans of them, IMO.

The only thing they should be worried about is whether they're comfortable having his supporters as their main fanbase. How desperate for a big break do you have to be if you're willing to have that as your audience?

nded

Just saw the news that the B-Street Band dropped out

Sad! Would have liked to see some random cover band be on such a big world stage. I guess they can go back to doing weddings or whatever.

Part of me thinks they should have stayed on to play Johnny 99.

Maybe the Johnny Cash version to really catch out people who only pay attention to surface details.

andthebeatgoeson

Minamu

I feel like I can't miss this shit show. How can I from Sweden watch this, preferably live? Not sure if my local channels will cover it but maybe I suppose. Any live streams happening?

Firebrand

I feel like I can't miss this shit show. How can I from Sweden watch this, preferably live? Not sure if my local channels will cover it but maybe I suppose. Any live streams happening?

It's on SVT2, 18:00. Going to be interesting to see if people are as cheerful as at Obama's inauguration, lol.

cyba89

MwNILwA.jpg

Beautiful. :)

Loudninja

The Piano Guys wrote a lengthy explanation as to why they decided to accept the invitation to perform at the Inauguration, in light of all the backlash they've been receiving.

TLDR:
- They love women.
- They love minorities.
- They love and respect people of all religions and faiths.
- They love refugees and immigrants.
- Something about Mother Theresa and the civil rights movement.
- They decided to perform because they want to spread positivity and happiness in a time when the country is so divided.

I've been a fan of these guys since their early YouTube days. When they say that they harbor no prejudices, I do believe them - they've always seemed like a cool bunch. But guys, the quickest way to make people think you're racist is to write a letter about how totally not racist you are. If you have to actually write a letter to your fans outlining all of this shit, you probably fucked up. They seem genuinely surprised that a large chunk of their fans would see this as them supporting Trump and the garbage he spews. Like, come on guys -_-

So silly.

This is the opposite of spreading positivity,if they want to do this why not have thier own event?

Sushi Nao

After the constant fire they've had under his ass for the past week? That would be a shock.

It is far too risky for a large media company, having been called out for being insufficiently sycophantic and losing viewers because of it, to make a hard turn into tough journalism. They will play whatever kind of ball is asked of them.

It wouldn't even matter if they did get tough, their credibility has been demolished by the fake news claim. Their only choice is puff pieces.

adj_noun

The Piano Guys wrote a lengthy explanation as to why they decided to accept the invitation to perform at the Inauguration, in light of all the backlash they've been receiving.

TLDR:
- They love women.
- They love minorities.
- They love and respect people of all religions and faiths.
- They love refugees and immigrants.
- Something about Mother Theresa and the civil rights movement.
- They decided to perform because they want to spread positivity and happiness in a time when the country is so divided.

I've been a fan of these guys since their early YouTube days. When they say that they harbor no prejudices, I do believe them - they've always seemed like a cool bunch. But guys, the quickest way to make people think you're racist is to write a letter about how totally not racist you are. If you have to actually write a letter to your fans outlining all of this shit, you probably fucked up. They seem genuinely surprised that a large chunk of their fans would see this as them supporting Trump and the garbage he spews. Like, come on guys -_-

They're the only ones that really stung.

Blader

Just saw the news that the B-Street Band dropped out

Sad! Would have liked to see some random cover band be on such a big world stage. I guess they can go back to doing weddings or whatever.

That's surprising, because their frontman had this interview in RS just a couple days ago where he was talking about how they're contracted to do it, that they agreed to the show years ago before they even knew who was running, that they couldn't drop out if they wanted to because they'd be sued, etc.

Boem

For people who want a look inside the mind of Dan Nainan (the guy, and this cannot be repeated enough, claims to be in his 20s while he's obviously and proven to be over 50):

http://brianmcguinness.tumblr.com/post/8108071490/dan-nainan-is-the-worst-human-being-ever-the

This is a set of e-mails he sends out to a group of comedians who call him out for being a bit of a dick and a liar. It's pretty insane. Note that most of the big, five star hotels in Dubai gig-stories are complete fabrications and people have called many of the places he claimed to have performed at, only to be told they had no idea who that guy was. The guy is off his rocker.

They're made for each other.

Here's an article about how he's lying about his age (which is super weird):

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...ite-millennial-is-a-55-year-old-comedian.html

For people who want a look inside the mind of Dan Nainan (the guy, and this cannot be repeated enough, claims to be in his 20s while he's obviously and proven to be over 50):

http://brianmcguinness.tumblr.com/post/8108071490/dan-nainan-is-the-worst-human-being-ever-the

This is a set of e-mails he sends out to a group of comedians who call him out for being a bit of a dick and a liar. It's pretty insane. Note that most of the big, five star hotels in Dubai gig-stories are complete fabrications and people have called many of the places he claimed to have performed at, only to be told they had no idea who that guy was. The guy is off his rocker.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...ite-millennial-is-a-55-year-old-comedian.html

Holy fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. The Daily Beast article is fucking hilarious and everyone needs to read it. Wow.

“Then there was that email he offered to fight me to the death on the Isle of Man.”

That’s not a joke.

“Yeah, he gave places you’re allowed to legally fight to the death,” said Maher. “No, we’re not going to fight you to the death. By the way, my buddy has kids. He’s gonna fight to the death? Just be 55. It’s OK.”

LOL.

Gattsu25

Banned

Ahh yes, I was just about to link to that DailyBeast article.

Pbae

Amazing.

I cannot believe that the Presidential Inauguration has less star power and talent than a state fair.

Hell, I'd wager that this shit is worse than some Bar Mitzvahs.

God Bless America.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
So this Nainan guy lies about everything, is super thin-skinned, and attacks everyone who calls him out on his bullshit.

Sounds familiar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom