• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: Trump can't book talent for inauguration. Trump Tweet: Nuh uh, your face!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biske

Yossi Rosenberg, 36, of upper Manhattan, told the Daily News he bought a pair of tickets to Friday's Washington, D.C. event from a woman in Westchester County for $700, thinking he could flip them for at least twice as much.

700 bones?

Sweet lord.

Mistaaaaaaaaaake.

"Nobody wants to buy them," Rosenberg told The News. "It looks like I'm stuck with them, I might even have to go."

Daaaaaamn. Ice cold.

Wii U launch all over again

2528758-2609457303-24417.jpg

Teggy

Stop posting fake news. Tickets are going for $1 billion, no dresses are available and there is a record shortage of 14 year old girls for babysitting.

Teggy

I can guarantee you, regardless of the attendance, Trump will tweet that they had the biggest ever inauguration crowd. It's just what he does.

Not sure why the guy seems so intent on going just because he's stuck with the tickets. Holding onto them would at least give a good story about how you were stupid enough to think you could scalp tickets to Trump's inauguration and you lost $1400, which people are probably going to more entertained by than a story about you actually going.

I want Trump with a statement on this, lol. It's the political equivalent to Super Bowl tickets not selling out and going below face value. Loser! Sad! Etc!

:lol at Toby Keith. His restaurant here in town got closed down less than a year after it opened. It stopped paying rent and got kicked out by the mall.

Fury451

Banned
The Piano Guys wrote a lengthy explanation as to why they decided to accept the invitation to perform at the Inauguration, in light of all the backlash they've been receiving.

TLDR:
- They love women.
- They love minorities.
- They love and respect people of all religions and faiths.
- They love refugees and immigrants.
- Something about Mother Theresa and the civil rights movement.
- They decided to perform because they want to spread positivity and happiness in a time when the country is so divided.

I've been a fan of these guys since their early YouTube days. When they say that they harbor no prejudices, I do believe them - they've always seemed like a cool bunch. But guys, the quickest way to make people think you're racist is to write a letter about how totally not racist you are. If you have to actually write a letter to your fans outlining all of this shit, you probably fucked up. They seem genuinely surprised that a large chunk of their fans would see this as them supporting Trump and the garbage he spews. Like, come on guys -_-

I believe them. I respect how they came to their decision based on reflection and prayer and everything they cited.

They should still back out. The hit isn't worth it to be associated with such a scumbag, even if their goals are noble.

Teggy

I feel like I can just post "who?" to The Piano Guys and not have it taken as being edgy, right? First I've ever heard of them.

Gnome

I feel like I can just post "who?" to The Piano Guys and not have it taken as being edgy, right? First I've ever heard of them.

I think they got popular through YouTube and by doing covers, so I suppose they're not that well known.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
They're relatively small-time imo but they have some popularity on Youtube.

I don't think they're household names, so it's fair to ask who they are.

Teggy

I think they got popular through YouTube and by doing covers, so I suppose they're not that well known.

They're relatively small-time imo but they have some popularity on Youtube.

I don't think they're household names, so it's fair to ask who they are.

Have 0 clue who the are. Don't feel bad lol..

Oh, ok.

Well, maybe their goal of playing at the inauguration is for someone to know who they are ;)

So Bill OReilly and a bunch of Trump voting donors raised over 500k for one HBCU band to perform at the inauguration.

I hope that Talladega College is happy taking money from people who support Jeff Sessions, Steve Bannons and wish to take the country back to 50s.

So Bill OReilly and a bunch of Trump voting donors raised over 500k for one HBCU band to perform at the inauguration.

I hope that Talladega College is happy taking money from people who support Jeff Sessions, Steve Bannons and wish to take the country back to 50s.

School will take the loot. Kids will do what they're told. Shitty situation, for sure.

School will take the loot. Kids will do what they're told. Shitty situation, for sure.

I mean, they did ask for 75k (probably for travel expenses), but it almost feels like theyre taking 400k in bribe money to perform for the modern day George Wallace. I really dont think that school's alumni will look back kindly at this decision.
Funny how conservatives are suddenly okay with HBCUs now that they want one of their bands to put some Black faces in this joke of an inaugural ceremony.

Betty

Banned
So it's pretty much a guarantee Trump's inauguration won't be anywhere near as packed as Obama's, which I remember being momental

It's a marching band, I assume? I'm sure there are a number of instrumental songs they could play as a subversive commentary on the election. Remember when Third Eye Blind played the RNC? I'm hoping other acts take the same opportunity.

I wasn't aware that the Springsteen cover band wasn't invited to be part of the official inauguration. I assume they are a good band (most slavishly-authentic group cover bands are), but it's pretty sad nobody thought to bump them up to the big gig. That was their best act!

Stasis

Though it does nothing to diminish my utter disappointment and outright terror at what this man can do to the world...

Him failing at having ANY popular celebrity/artist at his inauguration makes me fucking smile. Because despite whatever he says to make himself feel better, we all know he's going absolutely insane over the fact that no one will come. It must be driving him fucking crazy. If the protest crowd is even similar in size to his actual crowd? Icing on the cake.

Trump lives for attention. Celebrity attention. recognition. Support. His whole presidency thrives on the support of the stupid who think he'll MAGA. He used to live for the spotlight with celebs, being seen with X, Y, Z. Now that it's all over... now that no one will actually perform at his inauguration? NOW he's all about the people. No need for stars. LOL. Fuck off. This shit is eating at him. He's comparing himself to Obama and crying. He still insults Streep, SNL, etc. This man CARES about public opinion. So much.

Shout it loud. Shout it proud. You want this man out? Make it known.

edit: What we need is all the celebrities he's asked up until the last minute to come out and say it. Prove it. Recordings. Too bad HE won't be on the recordings. His followers will just swallow him saying he never asked.

Just saw the news that the B-Street Band dropped out

Sad! Would have liked to see some random cover band be on such a big world stage. I guess they can go back to doing weddings or whatever.

darkwing

The Piano Guys wrote a lengthy explanation as to why they decided to accept the invitation to perform at the Inauguration, in light of all the backlash they've been receiving.

TLDR:
- They love women.
- They love minorities.
- They decided to perform because they want to spread positivity and happiness in a time when the country is so divided.

I've been a fan of these guys since their early YouTube days. When they say that they harbor no prejudices, I do believe them - they've always seemed like a cool bunch. But guys, the quickest way to make people think you're racist is to write a letter about how totally not racist you are. If you have to actually write a letter to your fans outlining all of this shit, you probably fucked up. They seem genuinely surprised that a large chunk of their fans would see this as them supporting Trump and the garbage he spews. Like, come on guys -_-

they love women? by supporting someone who grabs them by the pussy?

goodness gracious

Komo

Banned

TLDR:
- They love women.
- They love minorities.

Money is a powerful thing

akira28

piano guys love women, minorities, lgbtq, mother teresa, refugees, and their chance and a big break and national exposure. They might really love that last one.

Komo

Banned
piano guys love women, minorities, lgbtq, mother teresa, refugees, and their chance and a big break and national exposure. They might really love that last one.

I know that people often say that 'any exposure is good exposure' but in this case, I don't see anybody playing at Trump's inauguration walking away with a positive image after this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom