• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

danthefan

Ffy5w4D.png

Well Russia said it's fake guys so I guess everyone can go home. We're being unfair.

It's like he's confirming everything in the reports here.

So a Russian intelligence asset is about to be President. Can't wait to see the presser today if it happens

I always figured Manafort was the key to unlock. His whole background and resignation was a massive red flag for anyone paying attention (which wasn't a large group of voters obviously)

President Elect openly dismisses/questions American intelligence agencies, but immediately distributes Russian talking points.

What planet am I on...

This whole thing is straight up ridiculous. Even if the whole report is fake, his response is just......wat

It's like we're in 2016 New Game+. Drunk Earth can't be sobered up.

Again I want it to be proven, I want it to be confirmed and I really want Trump to get his but these are the same people who pulled the email fuckery.
I will revel in being wrong this once.

You what would help clear a lot of this up? Trump releasing his tax returns. He could disprove the section of the report about his business ties to Russia and discredit the entire thing. If he doesn't release his returns, I'd say that's pretty damning.

*Splinter

The actual issue is foreign policy, rather than internal policy. Trump and the Republicans/Alt-Right will be able to contain this as I said above (creating just-good-enough deflection) but that will be far harder to do internationally.

If Europe/China/Japan/Britain etc view the US as being very closely tied to Russia, it'll represent a dramatic shift in the post Cold War international political paradigm - the two nuclear superpowers and their satellites versus everyone else.
I wonder if this was the real goal? I'm amazed at the sheer volume of stuff alleged in that report, and it does feel like the Trump-Russia connection has been exceptionally poorly hidden.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Omg. How is this real?

I have to believe that Trump supporters are under a magic spell. There is no way they can believe him otherwise. No way.
The magic spell bit made me burst out laughing! This is so good. The most insane news story ever.

RM8

He could say "yup, totally did! but Mexicans are dangerous", and nothing would change. The people who elected him don't mind these kind of things.

You know what, fuck it. Forget the impeachment. Let's just keep poking the dumb motherfucker on Twitter until he gives himself a stress-induced breakdown.

enoki

Nope, elections don't work like that. If Trump were to resign/be impeached, Pence would become president.

Pence was Manafort's pick. If this document is verified, Manafort is directly implicated, as well. I can't imagine Pence would be allowed to immediately step into the seat.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Remember everyone that Trump is actually a genius who tweets utter nonsense to distract us from the real news. Totally didn't elect an actual idiot.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
What a weird time in history... his tweets, the responses to his tweets, just have me, like... what a weird time in history.

WHEN YOU WRITE WITH CAPS LOCK YOU LOOK MORE INNOCENT, right? Or was it the other way around? Like a little child lying to his parents when they busted him.

America elected a manchild.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
He could say "yup, totally did! but Mexicans are dangerous", and nothing would change. The people who elected him don't mind these kind of things.

You can't change the minds of people who have none. But you can sure as hell lock him up for treason.

I've mostly been reading as following all of this is just harrowing.

Ultimately either there is going to be a huge embarrassment for the media and intelligence services and criticisers of Trump are going to be shutdown so hard their internet will turn itself off.

Or the mad man gets some comeuppance.

I know most want the second, but the first is far more scarier. Unprecedented times. It'll be one hell of a hard lesson to take in the digital information sharing age. I'm also going to assume Buzzfeed would probably be sued into oblivion.

The memes are hilarious but I think most should take a minute or two to realise how serious this is either way.
We're on the same page. I really worry about how this is going to play out based, in part, on previous Trump controversies.

I could say the same that this is all bunk created by me in order to fool duh mainstream mediuhhhhhh.

It's an attempt at deflection. Screenshots can be doctored.
I'm not saying it isn't just troll opportunists but considering the severity of what's being claiming and the lack of substantive proof to verify at present; healthy scepticism is perfectly reasonable and caution should be the de-facto stance right now.

For the record I'm anti-Trump, just in case there was confusion. What I'm guarding against is the scenario Audioboxer highlights where this potentially undermines the media going forward and ends up being nothing but a boon for Trump.

kmax

The disgraced puppet hasn't even been inagurated yet. At least keep it together until then, clown.

There's not a chance on this earth that Donald Trump won't be impeached.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
"I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH RUSSIA!" "RUSSIA SAID THIS TO ME PRIVATELY A FEW MINUTES AGO"

Ugh. Just the way he reacts, like an unhinged child, when there is any pressure on him, should be enough to have the entire country call for him to be removed from power, even if this isn't true. I can't believe the reality I now live in.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
His own son confirmed he does business there. Why is he lying now? Dude is insane. We're watching him melt down in real time!

Seeing him bury himself is like the ultimate payback for all his shit. It's his kryptonite being made a mockery of, and it's happening! (Sorry for my poor grammar - it's late).

tbm24

Ffy5w4D.png

Well Russia said it's fake guys so I guess everyone can go home. We're being unfair.
It's amusing how stupid Trump is. Is briefed that Russia acted maliciously against the US, despite Russia's claims that they didn't, he wouldn't turn around and quote them again to prove anything. Here we are again.

Remember when Obama started frantically twitter-shouting about how he wasn't secretly a Muslim and you could even ask prominent Iranian imams to prove it?

Carn82

Donald is on a roll.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 2 min.2 minuten geleden

I win an election easily, a great "movement" is verified, and crooked opponents try to belittle our victory with FAKE NEWS. A sorry state!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom