• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audioboxer

C12UrgoXAAABWbu.jpg:small

#watersportsgate is nothing. I had a turd in a lift the other week
https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumps_/status/818974200580964353

Ffy5w4D.png

Well Russia said it's fake guys so I guess everyone can go home. We're being unfair.

Honestly you can see what the current talking points are in the Russian media and within hours Trump will tweet the same. He's basically a Russian media outlet. This goes back quite a way.

No, whether the content of the document was proven.

BuzzFeed put the caveat of it being unverified right in the first paragraph

The document apparently made it through four agencies before being handed off to POTUS and PEOTUS

This didn't just drop yesterday, it's the same document that hit some outlets back in November

Wouldn't it be quite ironic if fake news, the reason he got so high up, would also be his fucking downfall?

Anyway, hopefully it's true and not some made up hoax, because that would strenthen him immensely.

How can Trump supporters see those tweets and think "Phew, not a big deal after all. Thanks for the clarification, Donald! I knew it all along.". Like, how can you even be remotely content with Trump's response?

Carnby

BuzzFeed put the caveat of it being unverified right in the first paragraph

The document apparently made it through four agencies before being handed off to POTUS and PEOTUS

This didn't just drop yesterday, it's the same document that hit some outlets back in November

Absolutely. And the story will remain unverified. That's the problem.

Kusagari

Honestly you can see what the current talking points are in the Russian media and within hours Trump will tweet the same. He's basically a Russian media outlet. This goes back quite a way.

His constant "witch hunt" shouting is also the exact same term the Kremlin keeps using.

He doesn't even try to hide it.

Boke1879

No, whether the content of the document was proven.

Well it's still being verified, but the sources are believed to be very credible. The dude who broke watergate has vouched for his sources.

But the idea of Trump being tied to Russia isn't going away. It's going to loom over him for a while and if anyone is congress thinks he's compromised there will be hearings about this.

I mean just look at what he just tweeted.

Hex

Banned
Again I want it to be proven, I want it to be confirmed and I really want Trump to get his but these are the same people who pulled the email fuckery.
I will revel in being wrong this once.

Absolutely. And the story will remain unverified. That's the problem.

You're assuming agencies aren't working over time to verify this stuff. I think given the amount of content generated from completely bullshit DNC email leaks it's ok for this document to be reported on with the 'unverified' disclaimer. I see this as a way of saying "We can't stop talking about these potential links".

I thought there was a report from December in the full package?

November/December, yeah. I was saying November based on what I saw a reporter on Twitter say.

Guys, my handlers assure me that they have not compromised me in any way. It's fine.

The GOP really needs to take this opportunity to remove him. Even if this turns out to be completely false, it's basically the fallout of him taking potshots at one other significant politician (McCain) and about a week's worth of tweets shitting on the intelligence community coming to roost. This is what the political fallout of doing that shit actually looks like. Now, think about how many other GOP dinosaurs he's dropped a deuce on and how many other twitter escapades he's gone on, and try to imagine a situation where you can keep this leaking ship afloat for four fucking years.

The actual issue is foreign policy, rather than internal policy. Trump and the Republicans/Alt-Right will be able to contain this as I said above (creating just-good-enough deflection) but that will be far harder to do internationally.

If Europe/China/Japan/Britain etc view the US as being very closely tied to Russia, it'll represent a dramatic shift in the post Cold War international political paradigm - the two nuclear superpowers and their satellites versus everyone else.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Shouldn't he be distancing himself from Russia and not repeating their own defence claims to prove his innocence? What a cretin. LOL

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
President Elect openly dismisses/questions American intelligence agencies, but immediately distributes Russian talking points.

What planet am I on...

Guy.brush

Ffy5w4D.png

Well Russia said it's fake guys so I guess everyone can go home. We're being unfair.

So what is he saying? The CONTENT of the report is an utter fabrication or the whole idea of the report itself? It seems he is admitting that at least the existence of the report is real as he mentions his opposition paid for this.

Please be video evidence. Please put an end to this nightmare or at least make it a slightly less terrifying nightmare, with Trump out of the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom