• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the allegations on the secret report are true, I wonder why the Russians didn't share the details they have gathered about Clinton as detailed in the first pages of the report. They didn't shy away in leaking various stuff about Clinton during the US election.

Maybe because if such information are to be given to another party, they can be easily traced back to the Russians?

In any event, it is interesting that now Trump is facing his own favorite method of disseminating news, that is, to purport allegations that cannot be verified in a sound way. It would be interesting to see how this may impact him in the days to come.
Even Russia thought that it was very likely that Clinton would win in the end (see how surprised Russian insiders/politicians were). They were no doubt saving the worst dirt they had to influence Clinton if she became president (similarly to how they are playing Trump right now, though probably not with as compromising material fpr Clinton (not like they would have had to with the current double standards in US politics)). Now that Clinton is dead in the water (her career is finished) that dirt is pretty worthless. Sure, they might still release it when this shit goes AWOL to discredit the democrats, but even then it'll have lost most of it's value.

Audioboxer

His twitter is the most entertaining thing I have read in years, it reads like a reactionary emotional outburst of random thoughts just popping into his mind.

Sort of like the majority of responses on GAF in threads like this (including my own.) difference is though, he will be running a country, we are just a bunch of people ranting on a message board.

I suppose I have to somewhat admire his inability to control his thoughts as it proves he isn't a complete political robot however at the same time it reminds me of the recent South Park episodes where Mr Slave made him nearly bomb a country because he called him a bitch, his reactionary emotional outbursts are quite worrying for the stability of a country.

So yeah, entertaining but dangerous in equal measure, kind of like his haircut.

His hair isn't dangerous, it's so fluffy!

But yeah, similar points to what I was saying above. His way of behaving is so backwards to being Presidential, but it's sadly part of the reason he's as popular as he is. The first shit-posting, trolling 4chan President. You almost hope some of these allegations are true because if you think his Twitter is bad now, best router/IP block access to Twitter in your home if he gets cleared.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
He's now claimed he has absolutely NO ties. That's gonna be the next thing proven to be a lie. He's toast.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Carl Bernstein BLASTING the trump campaign on validity of reports and their attempts to derail the issue.

Bernstein was rrsponsible for watergate.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Oh my,

BBC reporter just stated that when he tried to investigate these claims in November he was informed that whilst unverified they were considered credible, and get this, the information has more than one source not just the ex-intelligence agents oppo research.

*popcorn*

Oh my,

BBC reporter just stated that when he tried to investigate these claims in November he was informed that whilst unverified they were considered credible, and get this, the information has more than one source not just the ex-intelligence agents oppo research.

*popcorn*

What is to be derived from that?

Really dont see anything positive coming from this.

Nothing is gonna happen to trump, none of this shit has been verified and its apparently been floating around for months.

so nothing comes of it, and trump gets to further push his "main stream media is LYING" agenda. Plus, now the intel communities have REALLY pissed him off, and he has full reign to basically completely dismantle them.

if he holds his press conference at all, all hes gonna do is denounce this shit. theres no evidence. its he said she said, or "alt right said media said".

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 58s58 seconds ago
Intelligence agencies should never have allowed this fake news to "leak" into the public. One last shot at me.Are we living in Nazi Germany?

Ho

ly

fuck

ZBn7cEl.gif

He lost it

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Ah yes, I remember the biggest crime of Nazi Germany: "Leaking" information about the integrity and trustworthiness of the "future" president to the press and the people of "the" country.

No wonder everybody hates the Nazis

Even Russia thought that it was very likely that Clinton would win in the end (see how surprised Russian insiders/politicians were). They were no doubt saving the worst dirt they had to influence Clinton if she became president (similarly to how they are playing Trump right now, though probably not with as compromising material fpr Clinton (not like they would have had to with the current double standards in US politics)). Now that Clinton is dead in the water (her career is finished) that dirt is pretty worthless. Sure, they might still release it when this shit goes AWOL to discredit the democrats, but even then it'll have lost most of it's value.

But if they had anything on her and thought she was going to win, surely it would have made sense for them to release it through WikiLeaks? I don't think Russia would have been so afraid of her if they thought they could control or influence her.

As a non-American, I'm curious how it must feel as an American to see your country so comprehensively tactically beaten by Putin. I mean he played you guys right in your most sacred institution... your democracy.
Its feels fucking embarassing. Feels like we're a third world banana republic taken over by foreign interests.

Oh my,

*popcorn*
Was that on Twitter or via broadcast (got a link)? I've read from multiple sources now that a lot of publications and journo's have sat on this since Autumn last year due to the crazy/provable (we don't want to get sued into the ground by the most litigious man in existence) ratio.

His twitter is the most entertaining thing I have read in years, it reads like a reactionary emotional outburst of random thoughts just popping into his mind.

Sort of like the majority of responses on GAF in threads like this (including my own.) difference is though, he will be running a country, we are just a bunch of people ranting on a message board.

Kotaku says Scalebound is cancelled! Where is the proof? Only truth is that they hate Japanese games! Sad!

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Was that on Twitter or via broadcast (got a link)? I've read from multiple sources now that a lot of publications and journo's have sat on this since Autumn last year due to the crazy/provable (we don't want to get sued into the ground by the most litigious man in existence) ratio.

Broadcast.

E-Cat

Old. And silly, since freedom of movement in the EU means that you can fly to Germany and then drive/take the train elsewhere without dealing with customs.
Plus, I don't think he knows what fake news means. It is not "fake news" to report that there was a leaked report, regardless of whether its contents were fake or not. That is, unless the existence of the report itself is a lie - which it obviously isn't.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Will Trump apologize to Holocaust survivors for his callous rhetoric... or does Trump team deny that too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom