• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeviantBoi

If Nixon could get impeached, why can't Trump?
Cause of the Republican majority in both houses. Republicans want to keep Trump because he'll let them do whatever they want.

Now, I can see a scenario where they backstab Trump the first chance that they get so that they can Pence in power so that they don't have to keep dealing with his childish behavior.

We'll see.

Maybe people should start to accept that, if you are a big player in policies, the outdated netiquette is changing for better or worse. At least many people can relate to it and 99,9% of the people here would produce the same or even worse reactions compared to Trump. It is amusing how people outrage because of a behavior they best know from themselves and their everyday lives.

If this thing is fake, like many of the stories before, i can only salute him.

Personally i dont really care. I'm german and i imho it does not matter. Clinton, Obama, Trump...it's cancer anyway. But at least now someone directly expresses his feelings and does not lie and grin, when talking to you.

Yes, go and salute your leader. Salute him with a stiff arm in the air.

Boke1879

Maybe people should start to accept that, if you are a big player in policies, the outdated netiquette is changing for better or worse. At least many people can relate to it and 99,9% of the people here would produce the same or even worse reactions compared to Trump. It is amusing how people outrage because of a behavior they best know from themselves and their everyday lives.

Personally i dont really care. I'm german and i imho it does not matter. Clinton, Obama, Trump...it's cancer anyway. But at least now someone directly expresses his feelings and does not lie and grin, when talking to you.

Yea no. You're trying to play this "both" sides card right now. Trump lies and has no problem lying.

You're just praising his lack of restraint in being a fucking idiot.

Audioboxer

Why would 4C want to make up stories about their chosen one?

How does that benefit "The Donald"

Oh wait it doesn't. It's an attempt to discredit any reports by saying "it's a hoax".

The argument isn't that it's to attack their chosen one, but prove mainstream media and intelligence can be "trolled". As many have stated if nothing comes of this places like the donald will be insufferably noisy. Way more than they are now.

They trolled Clinton with Pepe, but this is like trolling on such a level a new Mission Impossible with Tom Cruise would have to be made to defeat trolling.

Anyone else forgetting hes supposed to sneak in a bunch of confirmations today that havent had a full ethics review?

This is fucking christmas for him if it goes unverified. Completely distracts everyone, furthers his "Main stream media is lying" agenda, and gets a bigger hate boner for intelligence communities.

neptunes

Because the Republican Party of the 21st Century controls both chambers of Congress and they care more about power than the Constitution and the integrity of the country's governmental institutions.

Cause of the Republican majority in both houses. Republicans want to keep Trump because he'll let them do whatever they want.

Now, I can see a scenario where they backstab Trump the first chance that they get so that they can Pence in power so that they don't have to keep dealing with his childish behavior.

We'll see.
Wouldn't they see Mike Pence as a better alternative?

jay

Trump doesn't lie. Good point.

What the fuck are you talking about? Donald Trump lies about everything. He's a habitual liar. He lies in his SLEEP.

UberTag

The actual issue is foreign policy, rather than internal policy. Trump and the Republicans/Alt-Right will be able to contain this as I said above (creating just-good-enough deflection) but that will be far harder to do internationally.

If Europe/China/Japan/Britain etc view the US as being very closely tied to Russia, it'll represent a dramatic shift in the post Cold War international political paradigm - the two nuclear superpowers and their satellites versus everyone else.
If I was a foreign superpower, I wouldn't even talk to the United States government while Trump is in power. Just cut to the chase and broker all trade deals, treaties and pacts with Russia directly. Bypass the middle man stooge - he'll just go along with whatever Big Brother Vladimir is on board with.

Bolivar687

Banned
He survived like a dozen different scandals, all of which should have sunk his campaign. He's not going anywhere.

None of those remotely compare to this. Not saying no President has done this but this kind of information is unprecedented in American history.

Lol, Trump is the embodiment of some who grins and lies to your face

F5jXPjo.jpg
Haha

Is fanfiction the new term for slander? I'm confused.

Edit: Not that I give 2 fucks about Trump. Just wondering if this dude caused a hoax.

4bGR4sD.jpg

ohgod

tagline for Trump Towers in Mumbai

also (topic moves too fast to keep up) apparently Trump claims no one ever showed him the memo at the briefing :p

ozymandiass_look_from_watchmen_1.jpg

This, America, is what you get, for flirting with apocalypse.

You deserve everything you get for allowing this to happen.

The entire world is laughing at you now, more than ever.

All conspiracy theories are real until they're about Daddy.

You should see the reddit conspiracy subreddit, apparently the mods over there made the post about this have a "Unverified Allegations" tag (And now just have it as a 4chan hoax), "everything is a conspiracy unless it's about Trump! in which case, guys don't be crazy think for a minute!"

Kusagari

I know Trump is just too stupid to actually make a comparison that checks out, but the Nazi Germany quip only really makes sense if Trump's implying he plans to consolidate power like Hitler and take out the press.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member

Clinton and Obama are cancerous? And in the same sentence as Trump? You don't know shit.

ozymandiass_look_from_watchmen_1.jpg

This, America, is what you get, for flirting with apocalypse.

You deserve everything you get for allowing this to happen.

The entire world is laughing at you now, more than ever.

A lot more of us said "Fuck no" to this dude than voted for him. It's just that a stupid quirk of our particular democracy puts him in charge anyway.

PnCIa

No. 99% of the population would not produce tweets like this in such a situation. If you have problems controlling your impulses then yeah...otherwise no.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
You know what's funny? He has no self-preservation instincts. Sometimes it's good to take the L. I have a feeling he's going to hate being president.

If Nixon could get impeached, why can't Trump?

Well for one, Trump technically isn't president yet

Secondly, this information is still unverified. This is the first the public is seeing it and we don't know how much the intelligence agencies have fully verified yet. This was an opposition report and the information in it is pretty damning so you have to expect them to tread carefully. You can't just get this report and immediately march down to Trump towner and arrest him.

Unfortunately the years of crying wolf have made us numb to the comparison, because now it actually rings true.

I grew up under the Bush administration and angry liberals loves to called him a fascist. Now we have nothing to call Trump because we have devalued the language. Why would Trump supporters take us seriously when we call him a fascist dictator when we've wasted those words on George Bush?

And, like, I hated George Bush. But when we call Trump a racist or a fascist nobody cares. We had to drag up the totally toothless "demagogue", which has zero impact on anybody who reads it because nobody knows what a fucking demagogue is and it sounds like a fantasy creature with big googly eyes.

I am a deep-blue liberal and I will be until I am murdered. But I totally get the "people hate liberals because liberals always lose" thing. I'm so fucking sick of losing and I'm so fucking mad at all the years and years of pathetic and impotent attempts to make actual administrative progress with calm and boring rhetoric juxtaposed against the flagrant misuses of language by the progressive laymen.

Not being able to call actual Nazis what they are, Nazis, because everyone has been comparing everything to Nazis and Hitler for the last thirty years, is just part of my impotent liberal angst.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
If a president gets impeached during a term of office the VP takes over, right?

But what if they never get to that point? Arguably the people voted for a specific person so would it still be fair for the VP to start as president? Is there any precedent for a potential reelection (unlikely as that may be, it'd be glorious to see and possibly the highest turnout ever)

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
I like how 4Chan is trying to take credit for this with zero proof... but people going to believe an anonymous poster just because?

Though honestly the piss thing is the funny part of all this, but the rest of it is the more interesting parts. That Russia tried to weaken Hillary to divide the country and weaken her presidency so that it'd weaken NATO and get the US off what Russia is doing with the Baltics.

The fact Trump won is beyond what Russia expected, and maybe didn't actually want... as they view him as unstable. They might have blackmail on him, or not.. but it's obvious that Trump's position changes on certain things seem to coincide with things that Russia would prefer the US do... so either they have blackmail, or Trump is stupid and doing it because he likes Russia.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I didn't mock the Holocaust. I love the Holocaust -- I mean no one loves the Holocaust more than me. It was wonderful, beautiful people... but I was being attacked. It was very unfair. The media. It was unfair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom