• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same problems with russians that i do with the many refugees that are looking for a better life. That is exactly zero problems.

Your warmongering administration made europe to what it is today. If anything changes with Trump, than i welcome it, because, believe it or not, more and more people are sick of the many wars the US started in europe.

Many of you americans would need some lessons of the younger european history and the many wars, that started the last 20 years. Some knowledge about the NATO would be good, too, i guess..

You have no problem with the remnants of the UdSSR but you begrudge the US with starting wars in europe???

jay

I have the same problems with russians that i do with the many refugees that are looking for a better life. That is exactly zero problems.

Your warmongering administration made europe to what it is today. If anything changes with Trump, than i welcome it, because, believe it or not, more and more people are sick of the many wars the US started in europe.

Many of you americans would need some lessons of the younger european history and the many wars, that started the last 20 years. Some knowledge about the NATO would be good, too, i guess..

So your proposed solution to American and Western imperialism is the spread of right wing regimes?

I was born in Ukraine. I can tell you that current Russian government is pure evil. When you prioritize some imperial ambitions over quality of life of your population and kill thousands of you neighbors there's no excuse. The fact that Putin beat US in their own game doesn't change this fact.

What wars have the US started in mainland Europe?

kmax

Of course there's proof. He's in denial mode, full stop.

Behavior such as denial is an unconscious defense mechanism that protects against the experience of unbearable pain. With disordered characters, what we commonly perceive as unconscious defenses (e.g., denial) are more often deliberate tactics of impression-management, manipulation, and responsibility-avoidance.

source

He better hope that there isn't proof, because with so many enemies, especially within the intelligence community, he will most certainly be done if any of that stuff surfaces.

He's done.

thefro

If a president gets impeached during a term of office the VP takes over, right?

But what if they never get to that point? Arguably the people voted for a specific person so would it still be fair for the VP to start as president? Is there any precedent for a potential reelection (unlikely as that may be, it'd be glorious to see and possibly the highest turnout ever)

If Trump/Pence both got frogmarched out before January 20th I believe Biden would become acting President.

Otherwise it'd be Pence appointing a new VP before he got impeached or President Ryan.

RM8

The only thing funnier than him saying "Russia just told me it's totally a lie" is 4chan saying "please stop believing this information about this person we worship, and blame us instead! ahaha, we're so tricky and annoying, aren't we? ;)".

Chumly

The most hilarious part about this is that trump is getting pissed about this when trump himself and his surrogates are the kings of fake news pushers and this is a lot more credible than half the shit they push

Wouldn't they see Mike Pence as a better alternative?

Oh, definitely. However, it again boils down to the question of political power. Trump has a rabid fanbase among voters, Pence doesn't. And if they should decide to throw Trump under the bus, they would also turn not only him but the most hardcore base of his voters into their worst enemies.

nomster

Trump saying he has nothing to do with Russia when his kids have been on record saying they have interests here (which isn't illegal) just proves this guy gives no shits about lying

Carcetti

That's a scarily whitewashed view of the European history. Europe is who made Europe and screwed up every other continent on the side by developing war and oppression into art forms.

gcubed

The only thing funnier than him saying "Russia just told me it's totally a lie" is 4chan saying "please stop believing this information about this person we worship, and blame us instead! ahaha, we're so tricky and annoying, aren't we? ;)".

Honestly, 4chans reaction to this makes me give it a bit more credence that it could have true parts

npm0925

If there's any truth to these allegations, it could force establishment republicans (the ones whose main goal is to make the 1% wealthier) to act and possibly impeach him. Trump's base, however, is the most ignorant and misinformed in our nation's history, so I doubt that it would have much effect on them.

mAcOdIn

I love watching Trump get his, even if this is fake and it goes away I still love watching him squirm, but he never said Russia told him anything, Russia has publicly denied the allegations.

This period of political history is going to get studied in fifty years.

doubtful

they'll just correctly point out that the american electorate is full of idiots and nobody will question it beyond that

once they glance at the demographics of all the voters in these far right nationalist "movements," the scholars of 2070 won't even doubt how they were capable of such stupidity. they'll be viewed as unfavorably as we view people who owned slaves and didn't let women vote

You'd also think that given Putin has many years of rigging his own elections to stay in power (he was in control of Russia even as Prime Minister after being President) that people would be more open to this suggested series of scumbag manoeuvres.

You only need to look at the visibility of the current PM and former President Medvedev to see that the yes men keep the seat warm for their dictator.

The only reason that Putin was PM was to get around term restrictions. He still ran the show.

Mobius 1

Just saw the summary, what the fuck. If a tenth of this turns out to be true and Trump isn't immediately impeached or prosecuted, we may as well start calling the US the Fourth Reich and be done with it.

Fuck.

I mean. Release the tapes. If its real just release the tapes and move on to President Pence after impeachment.

Also hope that Donald doesnt hold the office of President hostage with the nuclear codes.

Otherwise, shut up about it IMHO.

If the Russian government's aim was to diminish the credibillity of US leadership, they seem to have acheived their goal. It's insane that we're getting an incoming President and administration seriously considered by our intelligence community to be under the influence of an unfriendly foreign power.

Just saw the summary, what the fuck. If a tenth of this turns out to be true and Trump isn't immediately impeached or prosecuted, we may as well start calling the US the Fourth Reich and be done with it.

Fuck.

If only a fraction of this turns out to be false it delegitimizes the entire thing and Trump can play the victim of fake news and going forward it will be even harder to criticize him.

yyzjohn

Banned
He's not even in the whitehouse yet and already he's the most famous president of all time. It's going to be a crazy 4 years.

MUnited83

For you.

I'm European and you don't know shit about history or NATO. Also hilarious that you in the same breadth say that you don't have a issue with Russia, after they pulled the shitshow that the Crimea situation was and still is.

slit

Europe made Europe what it is today and that includes starting the deadliest war in human history which is why things are the way they are even all these years later.

Would love a gif of Hillary saying "Trumped up tinkle down economics" if it hasn't already been made.

The producers of NBC never released the footage of Trump being racist so I doubt this video will leak, but anything that makes him angry, defensive and unhappy is a good thing.

Typo, sorry. Wars startet in asia and the impact on europe.

That's not a typo. Those are completely different ideas.

Wars starred in Asia and there impact in Europe instead of:

Wars started in Asia and their impact in Europe is a typo.

What wars do you mean specifically and what impacts on Europe?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
If Trump/Pence both got frogmarched out before January 20th I believe Biden would become acting President.

Otherwise it'd be Pence appointing a new VP before he got impeached or President Ryan.

I would think it unlikely that Pence could disaccociate himself with anything this big.

Bollocks

C12meZSW8AUfTtu.jpg:large

10/10 love that new meme

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

What exactly is Europe today?

I mean. Release the tapes. If its real just release the tapes and move on to President Pence after impeachment.

Also hope that Donald doesnt hold the office of President hostage with the nuclear codes.

Otherwise, shut up about it IMHO.

He would be forcibly removed and his credentials would be revoked, that's not really realistic.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member

How can you spew that we Americans need more knowledge when you put Obama and Clinton in the same camp as Trump. Have you ever read shit yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom