• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump doesn't lie and grin when talking to people?? That's what he does best.

Yeah, that's literally all he does and has ever done. I don't know what frame of mind you have to be in to think "wow, finally, and honest politician" when he has done nothing but demonstrate he is the most foul and most corrupt and most disgusting and most untrustworthy creature to ever hold an American office.

But apparently you can say "actually, Hillary and Obama and The New York Times are the most corrupt" and lose the argument. Because arguments based on nothing versus arguments based on literally everything the person has ever done always tend to end on the side of ignorance.

JohnsonUT

How would Pence not be tied to this as well? It appears to have been the entire game plan of the campaign to use Russian influence. Everyone involved in the campaign can be tied to this.

I am not sure we actually know what Pence does or what role he has played. There was early speculation that he would be the one steering the administration, but it is possible Pence has been pushed aside in favor of others.

I hope this is a turning point in a good way for real news vs fake news. If he gets through this then everyone is fucked and might as well stop watching the news as it'll really be whatever the state decide it wants

That's why this fevered celebration is both reckless and premature. The left is, unfortunately, just as thirsty for scandal that they'll perpetuate unsubstantiated accusations as fact only to be left in a lurch when the story fizzles.

If we reach for every shiny object related to this incoming administration, we're going to lose our arms to traps more often than not. For all his inadequacies and insanity, Trump has built an empire on lies, deceit, and manipulation.

Couleurs

How would Pence not be tied to this as well? It appears to have been the entire game plan of the campaign to use Russian influence. Everyone involved in the campaign can be tied to this.

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if Pence had nothing to do with this, since there was all that talk about how Trump didn't want him to be VP and was trying to dump him around the time of the convention.

Now whether other Republicans knew what was happening with Russia and were trying to insert someone they wanted as VP, under the expectations Trump would eventually be impeached if he won, is another story.

I mean, no? Even if Trump survives this, if the claims are never 100% debunked, they won't. A full-on state sponsered media is going to take more time and effort than that, especially considering the people and corruptions behind the current news media.

FOX news might as well be a propaganda machine at this point though. If the GOP has a president they bend over backwards for them but if the Democrats do they villify them.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
This is going to be an interesting week, and he has a press conference tonight. If he backs out it'll make him look worse and if he goes he's going to be hammered with questions and we know how well he responds to criticism. Seems like a win win for us. This is going to be an interesting week.
Press conference in less than 2 hours!

lazygecko

Russia's goal was to make the US isolated on a global stage as well as create political chaos.

Without Trump their geopolitical goals are basically impossible because NATO would actually be kept intact with any other POTUS. Their endgame lies with the destruction of NATO and Trump was the key to that. That's why they made the play.

I imagine just plain old destabilization would work just as fine for them in the current scenario. A faltering NATO I think in all honesty would be a pipe dream even with Trump in charge.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Trump's praise of Russia and Putin.
Trump's SoS appointment.
Trump's rhetoric on NATO.

This couldn't be more obvious.

Are Republican politicians low enough to tolerate blatant treason from the President?

The non-stop defense of and deference to Russia is legit insane...

‏@Penthouse
ATTENTION:
We are offering up to $1-million for exclusive rights to the FSB tapes of Donald Trump's #goldenshowers

2017 is weird.

We have quickly shifted from the darkest timeline to the dankest timeline

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
So... has he cancelled his press conference already or is he will do it last minute?
IMO he'll go ahead with it and either try to charm people, go into an apoplectic narcissist rage against the media, or do the quiet sad trump act in an attempt to win people over. And someone will probably drop the tapes while it airs. Lol.

I imagine just plain old destabilization would work just as fine for them in the current scenario. A faltering NATO I think in all honesty would be a pipe dream even with Trump in charge.

Trump has openly said and continues to say that he would not defend NATO members who "have not paid their fair share"

That's literally an open invitation for an invasion of a Baltic member and the collapse of NATO when the US does nothing to intervene.

IMO he'll go ahead with it and either try to charm people, go into an apoplectic narcissist rage against the media, or do the quiet sad trump act in an attempt to win people over. And someone will probably drop the tapes while it airs. Lol.

If he has that press conference they're coming at his neck, even if they only get one question

Wilsongt

I wonder how Russia feels now that their gamble is blowing up in their face before the finish line

Nothing. GOP is stilll in control and probably won't punish them at all.

Or, they are shitting themselves thinking "All we wanted to do was invade Ukraine in peace. What have
we done?!"

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Trump's praise of Russia and Putin.
Trump's SoS appointment.
Trump's rhetoric on NATO.

This couldn't be more obvious.

Doesn't matter that it's obvious. We liberals are idiots and facts mean jack shit, apparently. Ain't nobody got time for reality. Gotta go to the other side, the pseudo realm.

So... has he cancelled his press conference already or is he will do it last minute?

I expect a Wizard of Oz routine.

In other words, he'll bring some celebrity or respected Intelligence Agency guy with him, to stand very close to him, so he can hide behind the curtain and avoid as much media stuff as possible.

I'm curious though if any reporters will have the balls to ask him about the hookers in Russia peeing on a bed the Obama's slept on. Just seeing his reaction to that would be worth the waste of time this conference will be.

NimbusD

I hope this is a turning point in a good way for real news vs fake news. If he gets through this then everyone is fucked and might as well stop watching the news as it'll really be whatever the state decide it wants
It's kinda crazy. The media, as least credible media, is just reporting that there is a breif. That's really it. That makes sense. It exists and it's their job to report on it. In the same way they reported that there were investigations into Clinton emails.

BuzzFeed isn't exactly a credible source. They have their moments, but they have no obligation to stick to any sort of personal ethical code when deciding to release the actual breif that's unverified.

So if it all turns out to be false. Honestly all I see is that it's social media working itself into a frenzy over something that's never been verified and no one said it was.

To say it makes news any less credible is at best confirmation bias from those who would think that anyway.

llehuty

We need a GAF poll now. :p

It needs to be released (or at least given to intelligence agencies).

Who was that guy going around saying he had The Apprentice audio tapes of Trump but never released them?
Paul Wood is the BBC correspondent who has reported this. He's the current Washington correspondent and just said on News 24 that he has close ties the private company that the MI6 agent worked for (speaking to it's authenticity) and has - through an intermediary - been told by US intelligence officials that they regard the sources (note plural) and material as "credible".

All the alleged tapes/audio are said to be in FSB possession. It's also claimed that they have smear from not just his stay in Moscow but another occasion when he was in St Petersberg. Pretty damning if not confirmation.

Completely destroys the narrative that emerged of it being fake (doesn't speak to it's accuracy however clearly).

NotLiquid

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 58s58 seconds ago
Intelligence agencies should never have allowed this fake news to "leak" into the public. One last shot at me.Are we living in Nazi Germany?

Ho

ly

fuck

tumblr_mn1r17qUMD1qb6825o2_r1_500.png

kaskade

How long are the conferences usually? Trump seems to make it about 20 mins before he starts going off the rails. He did that practice town hall which was supposed to be 90 minutes and ended up only going on for 30 or so.

I have a feeling the media is going to be like a pack of wolves waiting to ask him stuff.

Nothing. GOP is stilll in control and probably won't punish them at all.

Or, they are shitting themselves thinking "All we wanted to do was invade Ukraine in peace. What have
we done?!"

The GOP are opportunists, they knew Russia was using Trump and rode the coat-tails.

If Trump is removed they will not be buddy buddy with Russia, they will absolutely keep sanctions and most likely increase them.

This isn't going to be some major save for liberals, but this is going to be a major save for Europe if Trump is removed and we hold firm with out commitments to NATO.

This is all so crazy it feels like the Left's Pizzagate equivalent. Except there's enough existing worries about Trump's relations with Russia to give this all an air of plausibility. With all the claims of this being a 4chan hoax, I don't even know what to believe anymore.

Zyae

This is all so crazy it feels like the Left's Pizzagate equivalent. Except there's enough existing worries about Trump's relations with Russia to give this all an air of plausibility. With all the claims of this being a 4chan hoax, I don't even know what to believe anymore.

its not a 4chan hoax

Except one was a 4chan hoax and the other is substantiated and corroborated by BBC with a fake image being passed around on 4chan in attempts to discredit the BBC.

If you can't differentiate between the two you're being obtuse.

How about don't believe 4chan? also read stuff like this:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/10/fbi-chief-given-dossier-by-john-mccain-alleging-secret-trump-russia-contacts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom