• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ewo

What's the picture?! I can't get it to
Load

It says:
What's important here is that the IC leadership decided to brief a small circle of the most senior American officials on that dossier's findings. They don't do that, ever -- treating raw private intelligence reports by foreigners as worthy of briefing to "the top" -- unless they can corroborate significant portions of it.

They would have to pick someone else. Of course right now with all that is going around anyone who would likely say Yes would be shit. Mattis was one of the few good people Trump picked and the only reason he got picked is Trump views him as a General Patton

Ah, Patton - the only general Trump knows, because he saw the movie. I'd love to see him try to pick the real Patton in a side-by-side with George C. Scott.

Hari Seldon

That's not really a great excuse to leak his name. I don't see the point of doing so unless to draw (unneeded) attention toward him. Shows Murdoch's colors brightly in this case.

I mean yeah ideally you wouldn't out him, but with a story of this magnitude of world-wide significance he was going to be outed. If you want to verify this report step #1 is finding this guy.

The funny thing is, if all the Russians have on Trump is some sex tapes, it really doesn't matter. He's already admitted to actual assaulting women and no one cared. I'm guessing he's more worried people will "learn" that he lied about his dick size.

Personally it seems silly. Or not. Yet obviously unexpected.

Makonero

Please let this be Mattis finally having had enough and bailing on this epic clusterfuck of an incoming administration (and hopefully short-lived one at that).

no, if Mattis goes then no one sane will be near Trump

we need Mattis to take one for the team

digdug2k

You are forgetting the whole "sex tape led to treason" aspect.

Even beyond that; a video of him enjoying piss play is a far cry from the tape that was dismissed as locker room talk.

The "Y matter, Trump already did X and he was still elected," is akin to slippery slope arguments. We live in a country where starting wars based on lies is less of a big deal than not wearing a flag pendant to some people; so what they may or may not take offense to is hard to predict. Sexual kinks are generally scoffed at far more than a man being sexually aggressive.
I don't really buy that the people who didn't care about the pussy tape would suddenly care about a video of pissing. They could release video of Trump himself aborting a baby and those people would still be fine with it. "At least he's nominating people who will vote against it... maybe."

But yeah, like was said, I guess if trying to hide the sex-tape no one cared about eventually led him to colluding with Russia on something, then he's taken something dumb and made it toxic.

McCain never liked his ass and he fucking hates Russia too

I'll laugh forever if Hillary is the one who just walks up and puts the tape into the VCR

avaya

Hypothetical: If by some miracle it is confirmed 100% and verified that he he committed treason, is he not subject to the death penalty?

TyrantII

always knew deep down mccain was a good guy when he jumped on the parks and rec bandwagon :p

Sarah Palin.

McCain fed the monster that gave us Trump when it was expedient. She paved the way for the Donald.

The only thing that can redeem him is a blood sacrifice to the beast to save us all.

I won't hold my breath.

cress2000

I mean yeah ideally you wouldn't out him, but with a story of this magnitude of world-wide significance he was going to be outed. If you want to verify this report step #1 is finding this guy.

I guess. But I get the feeling the opposition will just keep looking for ways to discredit, harass, or kill him no matter what he says or does.

McCain never liked his ass and he fucking hates Russia too

I'll laugh forever if Hillary is the one who just walks up and puts the tape into the VCR

i want it to be melania. like this
CGMZriyWYAE8Cz9.jpg

Zips

This will now be a race to confirm any of the details to a level that could be taken to court, and on the other side a race to destroy any links/evidence that still exist that could be used for that purpose. Trump and his team I guess have settled on their public approach being just harping about fake news to try and discredit the report now. I certainly hope someone is able to find hard evidence supporting this stuff, and takes it to court.

In the meantime, I guess things otherwise proceed as if normal? Unless some hard evidence is found very soon.

I hope Trump does not have the ability to just squash this in the CIA/FBI.

People should Not forget this:

http://m.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2017/01/guardian-fbi-asked-warrant-monitor-trump-aides

The Guardian has learned that the FBI applied for a warrant from the foreign intelligence surveillance (Fisa) court over the summer in order to monitor four members of the Trump team suspected of irregular contacts with Russian officials. The Fisa court turned down the application asking FBI counter-intelligence investigators to narrow its focus. According to one report, the FBI was finally granted a warrant in October, but that has not been confirmed, and it is not clear whether any warrant led to a full investigation.

So basically the FBI wanted to spy on members of the Trump team(easy guess as to whom) and were able to convince a judge. They just asked for too broad surveillance powers.

So Comey(as hypocritical as he looks) staying silent on this makes sense as they don't want to tip off their targets.

I imagine Trump and co. are running anti virus scans constantly lol.

TyrantII

Please let this be Mattis finally having had enough and bailing on this epic clusterfuck of an incoming administration (and hopefully short-lived one at that).

Only helps of he holds a long press conference to drive a stake right through Trump.

People need to speak out on this farce loud and often. Truth to power.

I hope the collusion claims here properly get looked into.

Setting that aside, this whole thing made me realize that I need Trump to star in an off-broadway, Russian adaptation of Urinetown.

You are forgetting the whole "sex tape led to treason" aspect.

Even beyond that; a video of him enjoying piss play is a far cry from the tape that was dismissed as locker room talk.

The "Y matter, Trump already did X and he was still elected," is akin to slippery slope arguments. We live in a country where starting wars based on lies is less of a big deal than not wearing a flag pendant to some people; so what they may or may not take offense to is hard to predict. Sexual kinks are generally scoffed at far more than a man being sexually aggressive.

unless the video has him decapitating a stripper who is dressed as jesus, drinking the blood from her severed neck, and saying, "death to america," the GOP will do absolutely nothing about it, and they hold all of the cards.

L Thammy

I don't really buy that the people who didn't care about the pussy tape would suddenly care about a video of pissing. They could release video of Trump himself aborting a baby and those people would still be fine with it. "At least he's nominating people who will vote against it... maybe."

But yeah, like was said, I guess if trying to hide the sex-tape no one cared about eventually led him to colluding with Russia on something, then he's taken something dumb and made it toxic.

The public being fine with something has nothing to do with whether it has value in court. If it has value in court, that's when Trump will be affected.

I can just imagine the responses to an actual video of Trump that his defenders will say

"It was CGI"

"They framed him with a body double"

FyreWulff

Hypothetical: If by some miracle it is confirmed 100% and verified that he he committed treason, is he not subject to the death penalty?

Nobody will ever be executed for treason in the United States ever again

Also the Constitution lets Congress decide the punishment

manakel

I went through a wave of emotions following this thread this morning - sources claiming they had video/audio evidence, then it was "debunked", then it was possible again, then it was "debunked" again.

Is it back to being a possibility?

After reading the comment section of the conference I now genuinely believe that Trump can do whatever he wants and people will still cheer because he tells it like it is

8 years of this garbage, what a time to be alive

He's already been accused of treason and having golden shower parties with Russian hookers, and he's not even President yet.

I would be surprised if he's still president 3 months from now, let alone 8 years.

Ohnonono

I went through a wave of emotions following this thread this morning - sources claiming they had video/audio evidence, then it was "debunked", then it was possible again, then it was "debunked" again.

Is it back to being a possibility?

Yeah wtf is going on now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom