• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't read all 80 pages of this but uh.... yeah isn't this what the Mother Jones article back in October was talking about? It made few waves back then but I guess it's resurfacing now?

Holy shit impeach this motherfucker already, America. :

Ahem. I do recall at least one lady in politics explicitly referring to Trump as Russia's puppet.

Of course, the accused simply answered that no, he wasn't the puppet, and that she was the puppet. And somehow the subject was dropped and millions still voted for him. :

It gained traction this week because IC debriefed the POTUS & PEOTUS, and they wouldn't have done that if they had not corraborated some of that info

Apharmd

I would think if the Russians knew, this pro secret agent man would be aware of the possibility. He wouldn't have a good reason to be afraid until -now-.

Syncytia

I think the cat was out of the bag as soon as they said "former british MI6 agent based in Russia kn tbe 90s"

I guess that gets you pretty far but giving a full name makes it's easy for trolls to harass the shit out of him and his family. Not to speak of people who may have some serious grudge against him now...say, oh I don't know, the Russians?

Mr. Thiel says: “On the one hand, the tape was clearly offensive and inappropriate. At the same time, I worry there’s a part of Silicon Valley that is hyper-politically correct about sex. One of my friends has a theory that the rest of the country tolerates Silicon Valley because people there just don’t have that much sex. They’re not having that much fun.”

Wow, what an asshole. Condemning someone for suggesting power means you can grab women by the pussy is "hyper-politically correct?" What's wrong with this guy? Yeah, they don't like sexually assaulting women, must not get laid enough.

He is not wrong about the prevalent sex deprivation in Silicon Valley though.

Nafai1123

Banned
At least the guy had the wherewithal to bail realizing it was only a matter of time before his name was out there. Dude really is secret agent man.

Liha

Banned
Well got to say that explains your positions a little better.

It's amazing to me how many people get their news from alt right websites and places like pol and 4chan.

But then, we do have a President Peelect Donald Trump so maybe amaze is the wrong word. Scares me. That's it.

The Intercept isn't alt right...

Edit: I'm glad that we finally know his name.

BBC

C16RYBxXAAQwAtL

I think the cat was out of the bag as soon as they said "former british MI6 agent based in Russia kn tbe 90s"

Yea, the article says that once his nationality was revealed he was already in Panic mode, he felt his name was inevitable, and he was right.

The Telegraph said:
Christopher Steele, 52, fled from his home in Surrey on Wednesday morning after realising it was only a matter of time until his name became public knowledge.

Audioboxer

In a certain sense, doesn't outing the MI-6 officer, might protect him? Now if he dies, everyone knows?

It's not just about that. His life is in the shitter till any of this can be proven or disproven. Heck, even after that is done his life will never return to normal. Obviously, if it's all bunk he might face charges. If something is real he'll always have a target on his back for uncovering.

Basically he should be the go-between guy, not the guy the media plaster his name everywhere. Heck at worst the WSJ should have used initials and said they knew who the source was. Not just outed the name. It seems the guy had already fled given this morning in the UK is like 12 hours ago. Something must have tipped him off the media may break.

ZOONAMI

I would be too.

I would literally be getting on someone's sailboat or some shit and just live in anonymity for the next x amount of years until I felt safe. Like ok get me down to South Africa, then let's get over to the Caribbean and just chill.

Tahnit

Banned
Let's say it comes to Trump being impeached because of treason, would Pence be president?
(sorry if this has been asked already )

Probably not. Everything trump and his campaign has done or assigned would be called into serious question.

Raven117

The MI6 dude is "underground."

Regardless of the authenticity of the report, this is making for an incredible spy drama.

Dalek

Damn. WSJ knew exactly what they were doing revealing that mans name. There's nothing to be gained by the public knowing his identity other than to be punitive.

Zereta

Something hapens to this guy and it could basically confirm his report has real information.

Not quite. It just makes him a dead end. Not enough evidence.

Sure, everyone will know exactly what happened. But unfortunately, not enough to act on it.

jelly

Damn. WSJ knew exactly what they were doing revealing that mans name. There's nothing to be gained by the public knowing his identity other than to be punitive.

Total dick move. Murdoch empire is a cancer to society.

I guess the UK government won't point fingers at their overlord, the spineless fucks.

Mully

NBC News with Lester Holt just said the two page memo was put inside the, "Disinformation Annex," of the IC report to Trump and Obama last week. Their intelligence sources said that the third party memo would have been used as an example of disinformation if Trump or Obama asked about it.

JCreasy

Holy shit have you guys read this: http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/01/can-donald-trump-really-compromised-agent-russian-influence/

He, apparently, gave his dossier to the FBI against the firm's advice. And the former MI6 agent is not the only source for the claim about Russian kompromat on the President-elect. Back in August, a retired spy told me he had been informed of its existence by ”the head of an East European intelligence agency". Later, I used an intermediary to pass some questions to active duty CIA officers dealing with the case file – they would not speak to me directly. I got a message back that there was ”more than one tape", ”audio and video", on ”more than one date", in ”more than one place" – in the Ritz Carlton in Moscow and also in Saint Petersburg — and that the material was ”of a sexual nature". The claims of Russian kompromat on Trump were ”credible," the CIA believed. That is why these claims ended up on President Obama's desk last week, a briefing document also given to Congressional leaders and to Trump himself.

Last April, the CIA director was shown intelligence that worried him. It was – allegedly — a tape recording of a conversation about money from the Kremlin going into the US presidential campaign. It was passed to the US by one of the Baltic States' intelligence agencies.

Neither Trump nor his associates are named in the FISA order, which would only cover foreign citizens or foreign entities, in this case, the Russian banks. But ultimately, the investigation is looking for transfers of money from Russia to the United States, each one, if proved, a felony offence. A lawyer– outside the Department of Justice but familiar with the case – told me that three of Trump's associates were the subject of the inquiry. ”But it's clear this is about Trump," he said. I spoke to all three of those identified by this source. All of them emphatically denied any wrongdoing. ”Hogwash," said one. ”Bullshit," said another. Of the two Russian banks, one denied any wrongdoing, while the other did not respond to a request for comment

KHarvey16

NBC News with Lester Holt just said the two page memo was put inside the, "Disinformation Annex," of the IC report to Trump and Obama last week. Their intelligence sources said that the third party memo would have been used as an example of disinformation if Trump or Obama asked about it.

This has been discussed. NBC said it was unvetted info, not false.

Zophar

Wasn't the California Secessionist movement being funded and aided by Russia?

Putin just wants to disrupt every Western country. Confusion is potentially more lethal than something more defined.

I think it's abundantly clear at this point that the rise to prominence of both the alt-left *and* the alt-right has been enabled at least in some part by Russian disinformation campaigns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom