• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
CNN is now talking to Acosta about early today. With him getting denied a question and with CNN being attacked.

Acosta just said the press secretary threatened to throw him out today. So freedom of press is gonna be fucked.

I am jumping back between CNN,MSNBC, and You've Got Mail.

I won't say that I'm not conflicted. I usually don't take kindly for mocking anybody, especially over something they do in privacy that doesn't hurt anyone or isn't illegal. If it were a random celebrity or even another politician like Jeb Bush, I would not join in. I admit there is a bias there because I hate Trump.

It's not kinkshaming when the "kink" is to disrespect Obama.

L Thammy

I hope not. The real issue isn't Donald's fetish (and who really cares what he's into. It's none of anyone's business if it's consensual.). The real concern should be that the report suggests that he has been, potentially, groomed to be a puppet for Russia since 2011.

Ultimately, Americans (for the most part) are a sexually repressed lot who obsess over people's sex lives and denigrate them for it (Bill Clinton for example). We like our bread and circus to distract us from being active members of our democracy. This in turn has led us into our current oligarchy. Sad really.

Doesn't his fetish in this case involve peeing on a bed that Obama once slept in specifically because Obama slept in it?
Considering Donald's involvement in the birther movement, there's also a weird political edge in there.

Who cares about the pee?

What matters is the compromise of the Trump Campaign by the Kremilin. The exchange of money and information...THAT is what's important.

Though the pee thing is outright hilarious.

We're more or less on the same page here. The pee's relevance is pretty only in that it was used for blackmail, the hypothetically real scandal.

rjinaz

I hope not. The real issue isn't Donald's fetish (and who really cares what he's into. It's none of anyone's business if it's consensual.). The real concern should be that the report suggests that he has been, potentially, groomed to be a puppet for Russia since 2011.

Ultimately, Americans (for the most part) are a sexually repressed lot who obsess over people's sex lives and denigrate them for it (Bill Clinton for example). We like our bread and circus to distract us from being active members of our democracy. This in turn has led us into our current oligarchy. Sad really.

We also need to consider, and I believe this, that without the pee factor, this would be brushed away as boring like the other Russian allegations have been. This gives it a little flavor that people are tuning in for. It is what it is. I'm grateful for it if he did actually commit treasonous acts.

Ihyll

CNN is now talking to Acosta about early today. With him getting denied a question and with CNN being attacked.

Acosta just said the press secretary threatened to throw him out today. So freedom of press is gonna be fucked.

I am jumping back between CNN,MSNBC, and You've Got Mail.

Yep and soon after that he proceeded to take a softball question from Breitbart.

Allard

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/t...jects-dossier-alleged-russia-dealings-n705586

I'm not sure I can hop on the debunk train, nor the it's real train yet.

This was discussed earlier in the thread, I dont know what is going on at NBC but if they are still using the source they used earlier today that report can NOT be trusted.

https://mobile.twitter.com/EremenkoAlexey?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

https://themoscowtimes.com/articles/american-unintelligence-on-russia-op-ed-56746

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=228085641&postcount=6676

rjinaz

It's not kinkshaming when the "kink" is to disrespect Obama.

Well I mean it kind of is. It was done behind closed door. Whatever rocks his boat. Pretty and childish as all hell though.

But again, it's besides the point and I have no problem having a little laugh at Donald Trump's expense. He can afford it.

ZOONAMI

This was discussed earlier in the thread, I dont know what is going on at NBC but if they are still using the source they used earlier today that report can NOT be trusted.

https://mobile.twitter.com/EremenkoAlexey?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

https://themoscowtimes.com/articles/american-unintelligence-on-russia-op-ed-56746

Thank you!

Yeah the moscow times changed the author as well ???

Apparently the Moscow Times is some sort of NBC affiliate though as Alexey's twitter lists NBC, but it's very strange the NBC article pulled that MOSCOW was the origin of the story and put several authors including Alexey Eremenko, and that the Moscow Times removed Alexey Eremenko as the author.

Why???

Steel

Banned
are you guys trying to shame donald for having a pee fetish?

A pee on the bed that Obama slept in for petty revenge fetish. That and there's the fact that this would also be cheating on his wife after making a big deal about Bill Clinton's affairs.

riotous

Banned
Well I mean it kind of is. It was done behind closed door. Whatever rocks his boat. Pretty and childish as all hell though.

But again, it's besides the point and I have no problem having a little laugh at Donald Trump's expense. He can afford it.

Russian prostitutes are quite likely to be victims of human trafficking though; if the allegation turns out to be true that should be what stands out morally.

royalan

Guys, NBC is reporting the same thing they did this morning.

And since MSNBC anchors are taking the stance that this shouldn't have been published because it is unveted.

The source, again, is credible.

rjinaz

Russian prostitutes are quite likely to be victims of human trafficking though.

Right well I did say if it wasn't illegal and nobody was hurt in my original comment. Which obviously makes things less simple. Though not sure you can put that on Donald unless he knew. But I digress, I'm not defending that man any further. Gross.

Chumley

Banned
It's literally a matter of time beforehand Trump is exposed. It's so damn obvious, just look at his words about Putin and Russia.

The next 9 days are going to be interesting. Intelligence community despises Trump at this point, wouldn't be surprised if tapes and video are released before the inauguration just to make sure they never have to deal with him.

Guys, NBC is reporting the same thing they did this morning.

And since MSNBC anchors are taking the stance that this shouldn't have been published because it is unveted.

The source, again, is credible.

Have no idea what the fuck is happening at MSNBC right now. Never seen them so discombobulated.

Syncytia

NBC pissed that none of their sources can verify anything about this. So they're just shitting on buzzfeed...I mean buzzfeed didn't exactly practice the best journalism but that doesn't automatically make it fake news.

This CNN vs NBC stuff is why trying to settle the case one way or the other is not gonna happen overnight. It has to be properly looked into and then the agencies in charge will have to publicly state what turned up.

This whole "one anonymous source says this and the other says that" thing is not going to get people anywhere.

This is going to blow back on Murdoch hard, you can't just do this and jeopardize someone without it appearing that you were doing so with an agenda.

nah. Washington Post did the same with Valerie Plame for the Bush administration ten years ago and yet everyone thinks they are one of the most respected news outlets.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
NBC pissed that none of their sources can verify anything about this. So they're just shitting on buzzfeed...I mean buzzfeed didn't exactly practice the best journalism but that doesn't automatically make it fake news.

They mention they own a stock in Buzzfeed a bunch. Just shitty how they ignore the whole report from CNN. I get it must be confirmed though it just sucks.

HeelPower

Yeah dude wasn't jerking it to Russians pissing.
He was literally jerking it to a bed Obama slept in being pissed on.

Trump is complete garbo ,but honestly this story seems as ridiculously elaborate as the anime story.

Get-russian-hookers-to-piss on-obama's-bed-in particular.

If its a Tarantino trump movie then sure, but would Trump's hatred for Obama really run so deep as to involve sex kinks ?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
This is going to blow back on Murdoch hard, you can't just do this and jeopardize someone without it appearing that you were doing so with an agenda.
Nothing is going to happen to Murdoch, mark my words

I'll happily eat crow if wrong but c'mon, hardly anything is happening to Trump himself at this point...

Mully

I'm not trying to be a Russian troll here, but as a journalist, fact based sentences like these can only be written so many ways, and on many occasion a reporter who's working for multiple outlets will use the same sentence to report the same story.

THAT said,

It's fucking weird that NBC has a Moscow Times guy as their Russia correspondent.

Trump is complete garbo ,but honestly this story seems as ridiculously elaborate as the anime story.

If its a Tarantino trump movie then sure, but would Trump's hatred for Obama really run so deep as to involve sex kinks ?

I have no doubt it's a mix of truth and rumors. The question is would any of it be true.

royalan

This CNN vs NBC stuff is why trying to settle the case one way or the other is not gonna happen overnight. It has to be properly looked into and then the agencies in charge will have to publicly state what turned up.

This whole "one anonymous source says this and the other says that" thing is not going to get people anywhere.

The good thing about this report being leaked is that it pretty much has to be investigated publicly now.

With the time Obama has set, every word of that report could be true, and I bet the CIA would have sat on it "for the good of the country" or some shit.

Buzzfeed bodied everybody with this one point: why should they not publish a document that is making its round throughout the capitol and has been alluded to by prominent politicians in the manner that they did? They provided it, they described it and they made no claims about the veracity of the allegations and even questioned the legitimacy of some. With no direct national security concern, why exactly shouldn't they have reported on it?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Having prostitutes, even ones doing goldenshowers, even in a room chosen specific because of a connection to obama, doesnt seem like enough dirt for trump to be blackmailed to do putin's bidding.

So various news outlets are shitting on BuzzFeed for publishing an unverified dossier, but yet nothing in the dossier has been debunked yet.

And no one outside 4chan is saying that it was a massive troll job by 4chan?

Is this what's going on? I'm honestly confused now. What a shit show.
But? Hasn't been debunked? I don't think you understand how evidence works. Would hate to see you on a jury.

Raven117

Wouldn't any financial ties be enough for Russia? Putin wants to get Trump do something and his leverage is essentially "Would be a shame if our illegal activities together were leaked, eh Donny boy?"

Sure, but that is discussed in the Buzzfeed 35 pages.

The pages kept alluding to more blackmail...just wonder if there is more.

IMO, if the allegations about the exchange of money and information between the Trump Campaign turn out to be true...well...that is enough to impeach and imprison.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Having prostitutes, even ones doing goldenshowers, even in a room chosen specific because of a connection to obama, doesnt seem like enough dirt for trump to be blackmailed to do putin's bidding.
They mention financial blackmail too - I'm sure there's more than is being reported.

Audioboxer

I have no doubt it's a mix of truth and rumors. The question is would any of it be true.

It almost has to be. I still bust a gut laughing that there is an intelligence document stating that Trump has gotten prostitutes to piss on a bed the Obama's slept it. Even although it has nothing to do with 4chan that one part reads like fucking 4chan shitposting. It's mental.

Buzzfeed bodied everybody with this one point: why should they not publish a document that is making its round throughout the capitol and has been alluded to by prominent politicians in the manner that they did? They provided it, they described it and they made no claims about the veracity of the allegations and even questioned the legitimacy of some. With no direct national security concern, why exactly shouldn't they have reported on it?
journalistic integrity not to publish unverified rumors

Mully

Novak was an opinion columnist, not a reporter.

WaPo made the choice to publish it though. Having said that, the public at large should not label a news organization as trash just because of a mistake. Mistakes happen at every news outlet. Sure, give them shit for it when CNN, the Times, or WaPo fucks up, but also recognize how valuable their coverage is to discourse in this country before plugging your ears.

mo60

Is this the next eight years? Unverified reports of Trump and Russia, Trump crying on twitter, dodging allegations?

Nope.Some of these allegations will be eventually proven true while trump tries to hide from the allegations. Not even sure if trump will last past four years at this point if any of the allegations become true,

RDreamer

So various news outlets are shitting on BuzzFeed for publishing an unverified dossier, but yet nothing in the dossier has been debunked yet.

I like this sudden journalistic integrity they've all somehow found after shitting on Hillary for emails over and over and over again plus publishing shit hacked from the DNC by a hostile foreign power. But yeah, publishing the document everyone in government and media apparently knows about is a bridge too far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom