• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

I remember that segment on Stern. Trump hated Benza with a passion and would always bring it up/brag about humiliating Benza on nearly every subsequent appearance.

Stencil

Here's basically what went down:

CNN: Wow, this pool's pretty deep! Let me just dip a toe in. Maybe sit at the edge with my feet i-

Buzzfeed: LEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOOY JEEEEEEEEEEENKIIIIIIINS *cannonball*

lolol. Great analogy.

I wish I had something more to contribute to this discussion but I suppose I'm just anxious to see more as it unfolds. This is the top story on CNN right now. Only mention on Fox I'm seeing is a sentence in their story 'Fake News' as well as 'Trump Erupts over Salacious Report'.

How much traction is this getting in most legitimate media outlets? I just don't know who to trust or where to get my news anymore. Fuck.

Crazyorloco

So 4chan releases a fake piece pretending it's the original document.

My guess someone is trying to make it seems like the whole thing is fake so let's release a bunch of fake news to make everything question the doc.

The original doc may be real still? Wow.

We're going to have 4 years of crazy news.

Jeremy

lolol. Great analogy.

I wish I had something more to contribute to this discussion but I suppose I'm just anxious to see more as it unfolds. This is the top story on CNN right now. Only mention on Fox I'm seeing is a sentence in their story 'Fake News' as well as 'Trump Erupts over Salacious Report'.

How much traction is this getting in most legitimate media outlets? I just don't know who to trust or where to get my news anymore. Fuck.

Depending on which way it turns you may not have to choose between too many news outlets in the future.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
The whole situation is simple.
Trump is a tough man right?
He'd do whatever it takes right?

Why does he just not deny Russia's involvement, why is he so adamant on saying positive things about Russia, to the extent that it is clearly hurting his position? Someone such as Trump probably would, right? This was the man who would say anything to get elected, then say it was all merely to get elected and he'd do anything to win? Well, he's not. For whatever reason, he feels compelled to keep this stance.

The man definitely has links to Russia. To the extent that he can't even distance himself without fear of repercussions.

Ewo

What's your guy's take on the super PAC denying any involvement? It surprised me and I don't quite know what to make of it.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I haven't read all 80 pages of this but uh.... yeah isn't this what the Mother Jones article back in October was talking about? It made few waves back then but I guess it's resurfacing now?

Holy shit impeach this motherfucker already, America. :\

It's obvious they were. You don't say, we're going to make our NATO friends pay their fair share or make them back out of the treaty when Russia is knocking on their door. Trump has been a puppet all along. It's ridiculous no one, politics or press, has called him out on being a puppet. It's obvious.
Ahem. I do recall at least one lady in politics explicitly referring to Trump as Russia's puppet.

Of course, the accused simply answered that no, he wasn't the puppet, and that she was the puppet. And somehow the subject was dropped and millions still voted for him. :\

trembli0s

It's not a big joke. They are under crushing sanction that is destroying their economy. Getting Trump to remove the sanctions is the best thing that can happen to Russia. Having this all come out and getting Trump impeached is like getting the tip in but never cumming.

It's my understanding that the sanctions are pretty much dead next year anyway. Neither Fillon nor Le Pen want them to continue and without France, Italy, and maybe Spain, there isn't much left anymore. Germany could continue but I doubt they have the political stomach at that point.

Zereta

What's your guy's take on the super PAC denying any involvement? It surprised me and I don't quite know what to make of it.

Let me quote myself from earlier in the thread:
Everyone associated with this, its in their best interest to play the fool and be like "I don't know what's even happening haha."

If I were Jeb!, his SuperPac or anyone who even knew anything about this, I would never publicly verify this. It just gives ammunition to the accused to defend themselves and go "It's lies created by opponents to smear me!"

We've already seen this happening. Kellyann Conway and Trump and several others have latched onto the mention of the investigation being further funded by a Democrat to spin this as fake stuff created to smear.

If all this is verified and action is taken, eventually, we will know publicly how some of this went down. Then they get their moment in the sun.

Its unfortunate that WSJ doxed the MI6 Operative. But with that name, further investigation can be done. Granted, that name has probably been known for a while. But these things take some time.

If this is all true, it'll come out. Eventually. Maybe Trump will do something that will get someone to talk.
The Intelligence community knows what's at stake here, not just for the country but for themselves. Journalists know what's at stake here. If we're still talking about this, if they're still talking about this... Something's there.

I firmly stand by this. Harry Reid's aides were outspoken about this yesterday. I feel like Republicans tend to be more secretive about it. This time, it's probably for the best at this point. For now.

Telegraph reports about Christopher Steele and says a source close to him says he is "terrified" that his identity was revealed.

The Telegraph said:
CNN also reported that the dossier had been put together by a British former intelligence agent, and Mr Steele’s anonymity was fatally compromised.

A source close to Mr Steele said he was “horrified” when his nationality was published and is now "terrified for his and his family's safety".

Link to full Story

Dr.Acula

Banned

Mr. Thiel says: “On the one hand, the tape was clearly offensive and inappropriate. At the same time, I worry there’s a part of Silicon Valley that is hyper-politically correct about sex. One of my friends has a theory that the rest of the country tolerates Silicon Valley because people there just don’t have that much sex. They’re not having that much fun.”

Wow, what an asshole. Condemning someone for suggesting power means you can grab women by the pussy is "hyper-politically correct?" What's wrong with this guy? Yeah, they don't like sexually assaulting women, must not get laid enough.

NimbusD

So 4chan releases a fake piece pretending it's the original document.

My guess someone is trying to make it seems like the whole thing is fake so let's release a bunch of fake news to make everything question the doc.

The original doc may be real still? Wow.

We're going to have 4 years of crazy news.
Very much assume that much of 4chan pol at this pt is Russian or paid by Russians type of stuff. Or at least was, to get it to head that direction. Either way, of course they do everything they can to obfuscate truth and make their opponents look bad.

Oberon

Banned
Let's say it comes to Trump being impeached because of treason, would Pence be president?
(sorry if this has been asked already )

Fularu

Banned
Have to think Trump tax returns will be leaked eventually. In fact, I'm shocked it has not happened yet.
No one is going to lose his job to satisfy this demand.

This is a firable offense within every single tax agencies around the world and trust me, if they're half as competent as ours, they'll know who accessed his files within seconds

KHarvey16

No one is going to lose his job to satisfy this demand.

This is a firable offense within every single tax agencies around the world and trust me, if they're half as competent as ours, they'll know who accessed his files within seconds

Some of his returns were already leaked.

Let's say it comes to Trump being impeached because of treason, would Pence be president?
(sorry if this has been asked already )

If Trump is inaugurated, impeached, and convicted, then yes.
President Pence wouldn't be any better but damn if it wouldn't feel good to see Trump impeached.

Fularu

Banned
Some of his returns were already leaked.
And someone got fired over it

You're fired just for accessing your own file here.

Edit : yeah you have to pray for a thied party to do it (read a family member or a former accountant with nothing to lose... but those have everything to lose, even more sonthan the tax agency worker)

If Trump is inaugurated, impeached, and convicted, then yes.
President Pence wouldn't be any better but damn if it wouldn't feel good to see Trump impeached.
Pence would be kind of better though, if only because Trump is the worst. Trump getting impeached for treason rather than assassinated would be even better because he wouldn't be a martyr, Pence would be in an unfortunate position.

Eegah

Sorry if this has been asked before, but can't his tax returns be subpoenaed? I mean, if people are serious about investigating wouldn't that be a good place to start?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom