• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
My random thoughts:

Yeah posts like these are just as harmful as ones reposting fake parts of the story. At least bother to read the full report and all of the information before making stupid claims; this isn't the left making fake news, everything we have comes from reliable sources.

Especially since there are people who have seen it. I remember someone on a MSNBC panel saying they've seen it and he can see a couple of reasons why Trump isnt releasing it.

Weren't there tax returns leaked already? IIRC that's where the "he reported a loss just to avoid paying income tax" thing came from.

Zereta

Weren't there tax returns leaked already? IIRC that's where the "he reported a loss just to avoid paying income tax" thing came from.

That was from a couple of years ago, someone leaked it to NYT.

I think I recall that someone or a couple of someones has/have seen a very recent one/recent ones.

Fox News is also defending CNN because they're not stupid - if you allow Trump and his people to attack and undermine one media organization with charges of "fake news", how long will it be until they start pressuring you too? It's not like they care about CNN - they just don't want Trump to go after them too (especially since it would push Trump supporters over to Breitbart and the other shitty right-wing "news" organizations.

Kaelan

Fox News is also defending CNN because they're not stupid - if you allow Trump and his people to shut down one media organization with charges of "fake news", how long will it be until they start pressuring you too? It's not like they care about CNN - they just don't want Trump to go after them too (especially since it would push Trump supporters over to Breitbart and the other shitty right-wing "news" organizations.

The media has to stand together honestly at this point. Shit's only gonna get worse..

Boke1879

Fox News is also defending CNN because they're not stupid - if you allow Trump and his people to attack and undermine one media organization with charges of "fake news", how long will it be until they start pressuring you too? It's not like they care about CNN - they just don't want Trump to go after them too (especially since it would push Trump supporters over to Breitbart and the other shitty right-wing "news" organizations.

It was Shep that defended CNN he's one of the better anchors. Wait until Bill and Hannity talk about this. They'll handwave it as fake.

But to your other point. This has been on my mind about people supporting him/cheering for him in regards to everything he does.

How long before he goes after something you're sacred over? Like guns for instance. Just an example.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
This was posted. Its shep so wait until you start loving Fox News. Wait for their talking heads line up.

I caught The Five and that one creep literally went "Yeah, he might've been compromised by Russia, but that doesn't matter because the whole report wasn't true."

rjinaz

Uhhh

http://www.thewrap.com/fox-news-defends-rival-cnn-donald-trumps-fake-news-claim/

Well that's something, lmao. Never thought I'd see the day

Shep continues to be the only person with a soul on Fox News. That smirk on his face when he reads the Kremlin's response about them not gathering compromising material.
VDhBheq.jpg

Why doesn't Russia just release the tapes and completely destabilize our country?

Because it would also put them in the firing line. It would be a gold standard verification of the document, proving that Russia's foreign policy beyond a shadow of a doubt is hostile to Europe and the United States, and would force America to respond as strongly as they can. Having a pro-Russian Trump in power who himself is crippled internally with constant allegations is better for the Russians than actually having him thrown in prison or retiring before he even steps into office and the replacement administration taking a super hard line on Russia by necessity.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Had no idea haha. Shep is an excellent guy. Heard he stood up for the black lives matter movement as-well
He is the little glimpse of hope on that channel.

I caught The Five and that one creep literally went "Yeah, he might've been compromised by Russia, but that doesn't matter because the whole report wasn't true."

That is the worst part they will find one thing and just use that to decredit it all.

I was thinking about it before on the way home though. The same people that are crying hoax are the same people saying Clinton was dying, Bill raped 100s of women. People believe what they want shit sucks. It is life though sadly.

Putin might just leak the video, because a berserk Trump is not in his interest either. He's got blackmail material, but that doesn't stop nukes from being launched because Trump fucked up his way to a shooting war with China.

IrishNinja

Some of his behavior at the press conference felt like this. Like he was pretty sure it wasn't gonna come back and haunt him.

oh yeah, what i saw reeked of it. he's literally on about why he doesn't have to do much of anything since he's president & you're not, but boy look at these files right here

the downfall is going to be glorious, whenever it happens

oh yeah, what i saw reeked of it. he's literally on about why he doesn't have to do much of anything since he's president & you're not, but boy look at these files right here

the downfall is going to be glorious, whenever it happens

I hope so, bring on Millenials Strike Back 2018/2020.

jstripes

Banned
Why doesn't Russia just release the tapes and completely destabilize our country?

Think of a game of hide and seek at a birthday party. The kid searching finds one of the kids hiding. Rather than saying "You got me!" when found, the child quickly disappears, the other kids disavow any knowledge of him, and the parents say they never invited him to the party and there is no game of hide and seek.

If Russia released the tapes, that would be a rock solid confession of espionage. If you're a spy, you don't tell people you're spying.

kmax

There's no reason to when Trump is on their side. As long as he's dancing to their tune, he'll be safe, as Russia is in a much better position as they can get away with stuff more easily.

It's all about absolute power. That is what Putin wants.

Bolivar687

Banned
I like Shep but iirc most of Fox was down on Trump during the primaries and pushed the more establishment candidates. I wouldn't be surprised if they're first in line to pull the plug, as they must be salivating at the thought of getting Pence or Ryan in there instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom