• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah if something happens to this guy it will confirm that somebody, somewhere has some video and audio tapes with some bad stuff of a sexual nature on them. they need to come up w some evidence, an equivalent to Monica's dress (and that even didn't impeach Bill).

ZOONAMI

NBC News with Lester Holt just said the two page memo was put inside the, "Disinformation Annex," of the IC report to Trump and Obama last week. Their intelligence sources said that the third party memo would have been used as an example of disinformation if Trump or Obama asked about it.

That information seems to have originated from a Moscow newspaper article which an MSNBC article literally plagiarized and then changed the name of the author on their own site.

Why is no one other than NBC saying this?

Especially trumps camp?

And yeah even if NBC is correct on this how is unvetted information definitively disinformation???

The BBC reports on this already debunk that this is disinformation.

Mully

This has been discussed. NBC said it was unvetted info, not false.

Yeah they said the memo was unverified, but that the memo was specifically put in the IC report to the incoming and outgoing executives as an example of disinformation and was put under the Disinformation Annex of the report.

KHarvey16

Yeah they said the memo was unverified, but that the memo was specifically put in the IC report to the incoming and outgoing executives as an example of disinformation and was put under the Disinformation Annex of the report.

Unvetted means you can't know it's disinformation.

Zereta

I think it's abundantly clear at this point that the rise to prominence of both the alt-left *and* the alt-right has been enabled at least in some part by Russian disinformation campaigns.

Yea....

Yea.

Remember when 2017 was supposed to be a new beginning?

Welp.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
That information seems to have originated from a Moscow newspaper article which an MSNBC article literally plagiarized and then changed the name of the author on their own site.

Why is no one other than NBC saying this?

Especially trumps camp?

MSNBC is honestly tip toeing on that line of we don't want to say fake but we don't want to say real. I am watching MSNBC they are saying it is debunked.

Not sure what they are doing. Honestly MSNBC they seem lost right now.

Mully

Unvetted means you can't know it's disinformation.

No. You're not understanding me. NBC is saying the report is unverified, but NBC is also reporting that the memo was included in the IC report as an example of disinformation.

BTW do you have a link to the news story that you said NBC plagiarized from? I'm not trying to discredit what you're saying, I just want to see it for myself.

Twio

MSNBC is honestly tip toeing on that line of we don't want to say fake but we don't want to say real. I am watching MSNBC they are saying it is debunked.

Not sure what they are doing. Honestly MSNBC they seem lost right now.

I just heard that too what the fuck is wrong with them, nothing has been debunked thus far

Chumley

Banned
MSNBC was a mess today. Morning Joe was somehow under the impression that CNN ran the Buzzfeed story when they actually did no such thing and never even talked about it. It's fucking embarrassing.

Ac30

No. You're not understanding me. NBC is saying the report is unverified, but NBC is also reporting that the memo was included in the IC report as an example of disinformation.

BTW do you have a link to the news story that you said NBC plagiarized from? I'm not trying to discredit what you're saying, I just want to see it for myself.

Is there a post somewhere about what Holt is saying? I can't watch NBC

But yeah if that's the case then dayum there goes the report, pity

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

The issue is either they've got something no one else has or they're wrong and everyone else is right.

Holy fuck I'm even more confused now.

So, the memo that buzzfeed leaked was just an example the IC gave of disinformation?

Problem is only NBC is saying that right now, no one else has that.

KHarvey16

What I'm saying is it isn't logically consistent to claim something is unvetted and also that it is verified to be disinformation. It seems unlikely NBC is getting an accurate account from their source, especially given the multiple reports of the dossier being taken seriously by various people inside and outside the intelligence community.

Another poster mentioned the plagiarism. It was discussed pages ago and NBC eventually changed or removed the author and took away the reference to Moscow as the author's location. The same wording was found in another article written elsewhere.

C12dQ36UsAEMRxO.jpg:large

Arkeband

Banned
MSNBC was a mess today. Morning Joe was somehow under the impression that CNN ran the Buzzfeed story when they actually did no such thing and never even talked about it. It's fucking embarrassing.

That's probably where Trump got his impression of CNN, then.

ZOONAMI

It was a ways back in this thread. Hopefully the poster who had the original Moscow newspaper post, and original MSNBC (NBC?) article can repost.

The first paragraphs were exactly the same, and then NBC changed their article to not say MOSCOW - before the first paragraph and changed the author.

Raven117

Because MSNBC (like Fox) aren't real news...They are simply commentators. They comment on others reporting.

This is a news piece for the "real" journalists.
and while one of a few, CNN is actually real journalist news outlet...its when they try to compete in the editorial space is where they are terrible

are you guys trying to shame donald for having a pee fetish?

Under normal circumstances, his pee fetish would just make him the butt of jokes, earned or not.

These are not normal circumstances, however. How many times is a pee fetish the starting point of an international political/intelligence scandal that puts into question the legitimacy of the man to be put in charge of the most powerful nation on Earth?

"unvetted" fast becoming my most-hated word of 2017. like you are the real news, you guys need to vet this stuff before you print it to the public. "can't be proven to be false" is as useful as random sites on the internet.

Mully

Is there a post somewhere about what Holt is saying? I can't watch NBC

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/t...jects-dossier-alleged-russia-dealings-n705586

According to the senior official, the two-page summary about the unsubstantiated material made available to the briefers was to provide context, should they need it, to draw the distinction for Trump between analyzed intelligence and unvetted "disinformation."

I'm not sure I can hop on the debunk train, nor the it's real train yet.

Chumly

What I'm saying is it isn't logically consistent to claim something is unvetted and also that it is verified to be disinformation. It seems unlikely NBC is getting an accurate account from their source, especially given the multiple reports of the dossier being taken seriously by various people inside and outside the intelligence community.

Another poster mentioned the plagiarism. It was discussed pages ago and NBC eventually changed or removed the author and took away the reference to Moscow as the author's location. The same wording was found in another article written elsewhere.
I just watched the NBC news story with Lester holt and I will tell you that I got the impression that NBC was confirming it was pretty much fake. They kept talking that this memo was completely disregarded and basically thrown in the trash.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
So these tapes, we dont have them, correct? Russia does? Mi6 source (among others?) is just saying they exist?

Ac30

It was a ways back in this thread. Hopefully the poster who had the original Moscow newspaper post, and original MSNBC (NBC?) article can repost.

The first paragraphs were exactly the same, and then NBC changed their article to not say MOSCOW - before the first paragraph and changed the author.

The Moscow Times thing is utterly bizarre, there's way too much conflicting info floating around, Christ

And at this point everyone and their mother has "Government Sources" leaking info. Also, what the fuck is Trump saying in his tweets that he doesn't have Russian debt, isn't it well known that he has Russian loans on the books?

Raven117

Under normal circumstances, his pee fetish would just make him the butt of jokes, earned or not.

These are not normal circumstances, however. How many times is a pee fetish the starting point of an international political/intelligence scandal that puts into question the legitimacy of the man to be put in charge of the most powerful nation on Earth?

Who cares about the pee?

What matters is the compromise of the Trump Campaign by the Kremilin. The exchange of money and information...THAT is what's important.

Though the pee thing is outright hilarious.

NandoGip

It's literally a matter of time beforehand Trump is exposed. It's so damn obvious, just look at his words about Putin and Russia.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
I just watched the NBC news story with Lester holt and I will tell you that I got the impression that NBC was confirming it was pretty much fake. They kept talking that this memo was completely disregarded and basically thrown in the trash.

Chris Matthews is doing the same exact thing and Greta Van Susteren did the same. It sounds like they are debunking the Buzzfeed report. Since they don't mention MI-6 or McCain.

Ihyll

So various news outlets are shitting on BuzzFeed for publishing an unverified dossier, but yet nothing in the dossier has been debunked yet.

And no one outside 4chan is saying that it was a massive troll job by 4chan?

Is this what's going on? I'm honestly confused now. What a shit show.

rjinaz

I won't say that I'm not conflicted. I usually don't take kindly for mocking anybody, especially over something they do in privacy that doesn't hurt anyone or isn't illegal. If it were a random celebrity or even another politician like Jeb Bush, I would not join in. I admit there is a bias there because I hate Trump.

But it's not all that simple when the story is tied into allegations of treason. In my mind it makes the mockery more fair game. But I really do hate the man. The thought of how angry he is right now at seeing people create pee memes about him makes me quite happy. He's a bully at best, and deserves it.

I hope not. The real issue isn't Donald's fetish (and who really cares what he's into. It's none of anyone's business if it's consensual.). The real concern should be that the report suggests that he has been, potentially, groomed to be a puppet for Russia since 2011.

Ultimately, Americans (for the most part) are a sexually repressed lot who obsess over people's sex lives and denigrate them for it (Bill Clinton for example). We like our bread and circus to distract us from being active members of our democracy. This in turn has led us into our current oligarchy. Sad really.

They're only talking about BuzzFeed I believe. They don't seem to know what's going on.

So various news outlets are shitting on BuzzFeed for publishing an unverified dossier, but yet nothing in the dossier has been debunked yet.

And no one outside 4chan is saying that it was a massive troll job by 4chan?

Is this what's going on? I'm honestly confused now. What a shit show.
Yes, but only NBC is shitting on BuzzFeed and 4chan has nothing to do with anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom