• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boke1879

So has the dossier posted by BuzzFeed been proven false? If so please link me to the article or evidence that debunks it.

The original CNN report has info from credible sources that officials need to verify. They trust these sources and allegations but clearly still need to verify if they are real.

The Buzzfeed thing is a bunch of shit that was compiled since last year. Some of it's trust. Some is false.

Reason many journalists didn't publish it is because they couldn't verify it.

rjinaz

So has the dossier posted by BuzzFeed been proven false? If so please link me to the article or evidence that debunks it.

The same people that are saying innocent until proven guilty are the same people that shouted #lockherup. I know because they are Trump supporters oh sorry, Independents on GAF.

Allard

I'm not trying to be a Russian troll here, but as a journalist, fact based sentences like these can only be written so many ways, and on many occasion a reporter who's working for multiple outlets will use the same sentence to report the same story.

THAT said,

It's fucking weird that NBC has a Moscow Times guy as their Russia correspondent.

Trust me on this I agree, but given what has happened the past several years and elaborate disinformation campaigns I don't take coincidences for granted. I sincerely hope they had another source besides that guy as I flat out do not trust that source for anything remotely being impartial, to me its the equivalent of NBC quoting RT for their rebuttal if not quite as flagrant. The fact they removed it from both shows someone there realizes how that will come across and again I really do hope they have more than one source, but so far they are the odd one out. Every other news source has not talked about the nature of where it was in the memo and seem to be taking the opposite path with it.

Vixdean

It's hilarious that these same news agencies who gleefully broadcasted daily summaries of each Wikileaks release during the campaign are now super concerned about "journalistic integrity".

pestul

Nope.Some of these allegations will be eventually proven true while trump tries to hide from the allegations. Not even sure if trump will last past four years at this point if any of the allegations become true,
It won't matter by February after he guts the IC with the support of all branches. Who will investigate then?

ZOONAMI

WaPo made the choice to publish it though. Having said that, the public at large should not label a news organization as trash just because of a mistake. Mistakes happen at every news outlet. Sure, give them shit for it when CNN, the Times, or WaPo fucks up, but also recognize how valuable their coverage is to discourse in this country before plugging your ears.

They just doxed someone again though. And they are a Murdoch rag.

EDIT: I guess they aren't? My apologies, believed other posters bringing Murdoch in on this.

Still, they shouldn't have released Plame or Steele's names.

Totakeke

I'm going to laugh at everyone being concerned about journalistic integrity of Buzzfeed publishing the document after an election cycle where most media outlets happily sourced Wikileaks and talked about EMAILS as much as they could.

RDreamer

It's hilarious that these same news agencies who gleefully broadcasted daily summaries of each Wikileaks release during the campaign are now super concerned about "journalistic integrity".

And the guy this all this is about was the dude that talked about "credible sources" whispering in his ear about Obama's birth certificate. They gave him air time.

journalistic integrity not to publish unverified rumors

Does the document exist? Yes.

Is it being discussed and investigated by persons in the highest offices of our government and intelligence agencies respectively? Yes.

Is it of a public concern? Yes.
I think the balance is in favor of disclosure, clearly. Especially with the independent circumstantial evidence surrounding Trump's relationship with Russia, Putin and his lies concerning them.

Journos were just afraid of the outcomes personally to them for releasing.

are you guys trying to shame donald for having a pee fetish?

But it sounds like he doesnt have a pee fetish. The report suggests that Trump wanted the bed that the President and Michelle slept in to be pissed in. That kind of hatred and bigotry deserves to be shamed.

ZOONAMI

But it sounds like he doesnt have a pee fetish. The report suggests that Trump wanted the bed that the President and Michelle slept in to be pissed in. That kind of hatred and bigotry deserves to be shamed.

Yeah there is absolutely no pee fetish going on, and it's laughable trump even brought up being a germaphobe (when he has also said he isn't a germaphobe), as a defense for this not happening in the press conference today.

If alleged video exists, it isn't about a pee fetish, it's more of a sick revenge fantasy. (Trump even called it sick).

Unfortunately I don't think this will amount to anything.

The media have had this for months, so one has to assume they have been killing themselves trying to corroborate it and break the biggest story of the generation. The fact that they haven't been able to -- can't even place Cohen in Prague or even plausibly able to be there -- says there is nothing to be found, or at least nothing that WILL be found.

HeelPower

It almost has to be. I still bust a gut laughing that there is an intelligence document stating that Trump has gotten prostitutes to piss on a bed the Obama's slept it. Even although it has nothing to do with 4chan that one part reads like fucking 4chan shitposting. It's mental.

I have no doubt it's a mix of truth and rumors. The question is would any of it be true.

Trump's sex scandals lend credibility to the allegations ,but its seriously twisted if he hates Obama so much that it interferes with his sex kinks.

Its indicative of a poor state of mental health,not simply a matter of kink shaming.

Does the document exist? Yes.

Is it being discussed and investigated by persons in the highest offices of our government and intelligence agencies respectively? Yes.

Is it of a public concern? Yes.
I think the balance is in favor of disclosure, clearly. Especially with the independent circumstantial evidence surrounding Trump's relationship with Russia, Putin and his lies concerning them.

Journos were just afraid of the outcomes personally to them for releasing.

im not giving you my opinion on it, that's just what it is and the reason buzzfeed is getting shit for it

Syncytia

Unfortunately I don't think this will amount to anything.

The media have had this for months, so one has to assume they have been killing themselves trying to corroborate it and break the biggest story of the generation. The fact that they haven't been able to -- can't even place Cohen in Prague or even plausibly able to be there -- says there is nothing to be found, or at least nothing that WILL be found.

Cohen in Prague is already noted as not verified and sketchy in the report. Besides I'm not sure how Cohen not being in Prague says there is nothing to be found from the rest of the report.

They just doxed someone again though. And they are a Murdoch rag.

EDIT: I guess they aren't? My apologies, believed other posters bringing Murdoch in on this.

Still, they shouldn't have released Plame or Steele's names.

Two different outlets.

Plame from WaPo years ago, before it was owned by Bezos (don't remember who owned it then)
Steele from WSJ today, while owned by Murdoch

Zereta

When it makes it to a briefing to the President, I'd say its safe to pull the trigger on it.

As a journalist, its their duty to inform the public. The informed the public of something only a select few knew. And it was a, technically, unclassified, dossier.

Legal.

I get the rage towards Buzzfeed. And they'll continue to catch heat and be treated as the scapegoat if this goes south, but this week, they were the bravest journalists.

Audioboxer

Trump's sex scandals lend credibility to the allegations ,but its seriously twisted if he hates Obama so much that it interferes with his sex kinks.

Its indicative of a poor state of mental health,not simply a matter of kink shaming.

Right now I just care if it is true or not because in a document with a lot of other more damning stuff a passage about pissing on the Obama's bed is hilarious. You literally couldn't have written this was going to come about in advance.

kirblar

Why does that distinction matter???

They still doxed Plame.
Because its two entirely different editorial setups and hierarchies. Novak was a syndicated columnist hosted by the Post. Once he wrote the article and sent it out, the damage was done. They could stop it from being published in their paper if an editor realized what had happened, but all the othes would still get it.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Surely Trump was aware this stuff would be recorded, people seem to be aware of it when they stay in these hotels. Seems odd he would do something so crazy? Is he that stupid? Wait... don't answer that.

That Spectator article was interesting, because it claimed he told his own staff to be wary of recordings, etc. So it seems odd he'd then do something so outrageous.

It pisses me off to no end that this was in the hands of the government and never came out prior to the election while we were beaten to death with EMAILS. If this had come out, we might not have president elect cheeto.

Tall4Life

Surely Trump was aware this stuff would be recorded, people seem to be aware of it when they stay in these hotels. Seems odd he would do something so crazy? Is he that stupid? Wait... don't answer that.

That Spectator article was interesting, because it claimed he told his own staff to be wary of recordings, etc. So it seems odd he'd then do something so outrageous.

I mean, from one of the earlier articles, I think the Guardian, some high ranking official in the government got hit with the same thing once he became an enemy of Putin/the state...

Raven117

You know...I've given this some thought. If what we know is true (ie that many news outlets have had this document for awhile and didn't publish it because it could not be verified), then once the CIA briefed Obama and Trump on it, got leaked (Id be curious who leaded this out of the briefing with Obama and Trump), everyone was reporting ON the report, yet playing the game of not releasing it....

Then, I kinda agree with Buzzfeed. They simply said...whelp, we have no idea whether this is true or not, we aren't holding it out as true, but here it is...we have had it for awhile...read it if you want to.

I would argue that journalistic integrity was observed here for the most part.

I think there is more going on here. I mean, if this was complete bullshit, why would the IC brief the President and Trump on it? Some reports say "its an example of disinformation." K, I guess (if that is to be believed).

I also want to know (as stated earlier), why was this leaked out of an intelligence briefing? Is the IC getting some revenge on Trump? Was it just a leaky day? Did the IC not care much one way or another as the document was already in the hands of the media?

This is part of the story Id like explored...of course along with the verification of the authenticity and the claims of the report itself.

Ozorov

I'm not into how politics works in the US but I just saw the beginning of Trumps press conference that was earlier today and he jumped on the IC immediately. I mean isnt this the people he will be working with in a couple of weeks? This cant be good, right? Is it normal for a president to say sich stuff about their own IC?

Scrooged

Totally wronger about Nintendo's business decisions.
When it makes it to a briefing to the President, I'd say its safe to pull the trigger on it.

So any intel that the President is briefed on is fair game to publish? Do you even realize what you're saying?

Black_Sun

Having prostitutes, even ones doing goldenshowers, even in a room chosen specific because of a connection to obama, doesnt seem like enough dirt for trump to be blackmailed to do putin's bidding.

You need to read the report. That's just one thing. The report and several other sources say there's more than one sex tape.

Not only that but Putin can destroy Trump by proving that they colluded together to take the presidency which the report.

Not only does it make Trump a sexual deviant but also a traitor to the US.

Putin probably told him there were no cameras in his room and he was quick to believe his idol and hero.

Haruko

Ladbrokes (online betting) is now offering almost even odds on Trump impeachment/resignation

CMk2VVx.png

Raven117

As a journalist, its their duty to inform the public. The informed the public of something only a select few knew. And it was a, technically, unclassified, dossier.

Legal.

I get the rage towards Buzzfeed. And they'll continue to catch heat and be treated as the scapegoat if this goes south, but this week, they were the bravest journalists.

Perhaps you meant to say that if intel the President that has been fairly widely known to both the IC AND the media, is fair game to publish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom