• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin1025

Banned
How does this woman sleep at night?

She's getting a new house in Washington, her husband is likely to work for Trump in some capacity, and she gets to know she's the propaganda arm of the new President.

It's a dirt job, but no one can do it better than her.

digdug2k

Sorry sarcasm, it's totally real

That's why the intelligence heads are briefing the senate
I love that the GOP is getting a taste of its own medicine (i.e. "Why would the FBI be investigating Hillary if she wasn't guilty of something?", but I have no confidence in the Democrats to not bungle this up. They'll investigate this until they disprove it and then tell everyone they disproved it. Yay ethics.

Nafai1123

Banned
WaPo:
C17vQJQWQAQW4Ro.jpg

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...5a3a6c-d830-11e6-b8b2-cb5164beba6b_story.html

So going even a step further than CNN in reporting that Trump was clearly briefed on this information?

Yeah, this ain't going away.

Chumley

Banned
Cooper started tripping over himself to establish he actually respects her and blah blah blah at the end.

Go for the fucking throat. Call her a liar like she is.

DavidDesu

This countdown to "The Messy Truth" on CNN is freaking me out. I don't wanna see Trump naked enjoying water sports.

Seriously though it's good to see some seriously critical voices here finally getting torn into Trump and his cohorts.

Zereta

Considering this memo, true or false, has been circulating within IC and media circles since July last year, consider all of this:

Trump changed views on Ukraine after hiring Manafort

Secret Ledger in Ukraine Lists Cash for Donald Trump’s Campaign Chief

Was a Trump Server Communicating With Russia?

A Veteran Spy Has Given the FBI Information Alleging a Russian Operation to Cultivate Donald Trump

Reporting from different outlets, alleging stuff that we've seen mentioned in this memo, all largely swept aside for smaller Trump controversies/Hillary's e-mails.

And yet, with the memo in the wild, and with that context, we can shed new light on how news outlets might have been reporting, slowly on all of these bits of information and ultimately watched it swept under the rug.

Journalists have been giving Buzzfeed hell all day and they've largely ignored this story (except the British media, thank god for them) to focus on Trump's conflict of interest, Sessions' testimonies and Tillerson. Which is good. But decrying Buzzfeed for feeding the public with further evidence substantiating previous stories that allow the public to begin connecting the dots seems a little unfair.

Seems like everyone is treating Buzzfeed as the stupid little brother when in reality, they made a risky but ultimately, correct move.

On another note, going back to the links I posted above, the tiny clues are out there, they have been out there. We know this, we have known this. Just gotta connect all the dots and dig for that evidence.

Chumley

Banned
I'm really upset at Buzzfeed now that their story has become a fucking albatross around the neck of every news organization and is giving life to Trump's fuckwit surrogates.

Bolivar687

Banned
Anderson was kinda on the back foot, distancing themselves from Buzz Feed, downplaying what they reported and admitting it's unsubstantiated and unverified.

This thing might actually blow over

antonz

And directly contradicts NBC's thing.

I think whoever NBC talked to was either not speaking clear enough or NBCs person was a shill. Unverified Intel would never be considered disinformation. It would simply be unverified.

The fact sources around the world are coming out to suggest verification of material pretty much says it all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom