• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDes

Man you democrats do all kinds of dumb shit so you don't have to admit any wrongness huh? Weary DNC loyalists are like frenzied animals with their inability to operate in reality.

Y'all ever gonna come up with proof or evidence for any of this or just keep fucking making an embarrassing scene for the next four years to make Hil's loss less humiliating?
The FBI and CIA are traditionally Republican strongholds

kevin1025

Banned
Man you democrats do all kinds of dumb shit so you don't have to admit any wrongness huh? Weary DNC loyalists are like frenzied animals with their inability to operate in reality.

Y'all ever gonna come up with proof or evidence for any of this or just keep fucking making an embarrassing scene for the next four years to make Hil's loss less humiliating?

I didn't know that foreign influence over an election and a leader having issues with accepting such a statement was a Dem issue...?

epmode

/pol/ and r/the_donald is really insane right now. They went from "anyone can print a word document and highlight it, its FAKE NEWS" to "look at these random 4chan screenshots! Donald wins again!"

And the crazy part is people are actually buying it.

Why are you surprised when people that have been deifying Trump over the last year NO MATTER WHAT continue to deify him NO MATTER WHAT?

chadskin

The Guardian has a story on the provenance of this 35-page report.

The use of "Russian oligarchs living in the West" as sources doesn't fill me with confidence as to its ultimate veracity.

This story didn't get much attention but adds a few more details:

C17q613WIAApGaz.jpg

zethren

Banned

Okay yeah, lets (us posters here on GAF) get to work on uncovering the evidence to prove the currently unsubstantiated claims.

Oh wait.

That's what the intelligence community is doing right. Now. If there is evidence, enough to corroborate these claims, it will come out eventually.

This isn't about Hillary. This is about Trump possibly being an even more dangerous threat than we realized. Get your head out of your ass long enough to realize that.

RDreamer

Last I heard this report was unverified bullshit. Has that changed?

Unverified does not necessarily mean bullshit.

The report is apparently from a credible enough source that Obama and Trump were briefed on it. A few other news sources have said that the source MI6 agent that put this together is credible, too.

It is unverified, though, meaning the government agencies haven't yet combed everything over and verified what's true and what isn't.

I wish this thread were moderated in the same way all the GG threads were on gaming side. It's essentially the same style of concern trolling and faux ignorance.

ZOONAMI

This is big stuff, isn't it? Sounds like big stuff.

Yes.

McCain being in on this, and Comey finding it credible enough for the CIA and NSA to brief Obama, Trump, and senior congressional members on it, yes, it is very big stuff.

Intelligence is likely corroborating everything they can. If there was nothing of substance this would not have been presented to anyone.

Trump is fucking done.

Sou Da

/pol/ and r/the_donald is really insane right now. They went from "anyone can print a word document and highlight it, its FAKE NEWS" to "look at these random 4chan screenshots! Donald wins again!"

And the crazy part is people are actually buying it.

Trump could walk into their homes and shoot their mothers and their first response would be to log on to her facebook and make a bunch of false flag terrorist posts.

Jenov

This story didn't get much attention but adds a few more details:

C17q613WIAApGaz.jpg

Respect to McCain here. Actually putting country over party. I've always liked the guy, even though I have disagreed on particular issues with him (and god, Palin was a terrible choice). He's always come across as a straight shooter, and authentically patriotic. I would take a McCain presidency over Trump in a heart beat.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I'm in Australia, is there any way I can get a good a summary of today's events when I get home later?

Trump had a press conference (planned before this came out)
before it started the told everyone the story was fake news again
said he respected the journalists who didn't publish it
told CNN journalist to shut up and refused to take their question
called Buzzfeed "a failing pile of garbage"

then a lady came out and talked about some paperwork and we got this amazing gif

gifvflz4.gif

Zereta

Last I heard this report was unverified bullshit. Has that changed?

Unverified does not necessarily mean bullshit.

The report is apparently from a credible enough source that Obama and Trump were briefed on it. A few other news sources have said that the source MI6 agent that put this together is credible, too.

It is unverified, though, meaning the government agencies haven't yet combed everything over and verified what's true and what isn't.

Its also worth nothing the incredible work British media outlets have been doing, adding more weight to these stories, confirming multiple sources and the way information was passed around. The British media will undoubtedly be an important asset in getting to the bottom of this

I do like that McCain hesitated a bit since he was concerned it might look like revenge

And then did it anyway because IT FUCKIN WAS REVENGE, GET FUCKED

So trump's lawyer wasn't in Prague, and from what I read that's the only clear connection to him speaking to or working with Russia in the document.

I think it's probably some percent facts, some percent half facts, and some percent bullshit. What those are and what makes up each won't be known for a while.

I'm in Australia, is there any way I can get a good a summary of today's events when I get home later?

Jeb campaign hired a former British spy to get info on Trump but too late. Some rich Dem picked up the tab during the general. The British guy used connections in Russia to find out that Trump may have been involved in hacking the Dems and working with Russia in secret and also that he likes pee parties. British guy hands over research to FBI but they are distracted by Hillary emails. He gives it to journalists but they have trouble confirming his findings and few report about it. After Trump gets elected, McCain finds out, gets the intelligence community to start investigating, they find it credible enough to inform Obama and Trump. BuzzFeed gets the doc and drops it online, Internet goes nuts. Some info is wrong but many sources behind the scenes vouch for other parts and claim there is video evidence. WSJ doxes the British guy.

Unverified if it was party of the JEB! campaign / super-pac that originally hired the guy. He is believed to have been hired by a Republican primary opponent, but I haven't seen anything directly tying him to JEB! campaign.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So trump's lawyer wasn't in Prague, and from what I read that's the only clear connection to him speaking to or working with Russia in the document.

I think it's probably some percent facts, some percent half facts, and some percent bullshit. What those are and what makes up each won't be known for a while.

They think it was in Prague, also there was a man with the same name as Trump's lawyer, who is the same age, who was there at the time.

If any of this is fact then Trump's done.

I do like that McCain hesitated a bit since he was concerned it might look like revenge

And then did it anyway because IT FUCKIN WAS REVENGE, GET FUCKED
The cynic in me wonders if he also hesitated until after the election was fully complete to avoid having Hillary potentially be elected as a result. I hope I'm wrong there but I wouldn't be surprised.

Lol. Flat earth enthusiasts, anti-vaccine and climate-skeptic, racist, homopohobe pieces of shit like the majority of the republican party, and you shit on the democrats for "inability to operate on reality"?

Gtfo.

ZOONAMI

He may have. Harry Reid referenced this back in October. A former spokesperson for Reid even tweeted "Now you know" last night in reference to all this, basically hinting that this is what Reid was talking about.

True. But it seems to me the McCain story goes above and beyond what Reid had.

So perhaps Comey sat on something for a time, but at least he didn't keep sitting when McCain brought this to him.

Could be that he was just being a partisan shit and Reid had the exact same information that McCain brought him, but since the messenger was now McCain, he decided, alright, I guess I'm gonna check into this and bring it to the CIA who admittedly are better than me.

Vixdean

There's also allegations of money changing hands which is something that could be definitely proven.

DrSlek

I also doubt it will be, but I'm pretty much just following this news for schadenfreude at this point. Trump's twitter front page is meltdown central. After the dirtiest campaign on record fueled by the worst excesses of the internet, it's nice to watch him squirm.

Same. As the old saying goes "As you sow, so shall you reap."

This is all just delicious.

Ac30

They think it was in Prague, also there was a man with the same name as Trump's lawyer, who is the same age, who was there at the time.

If any of this is fact then Trump's done.

So was it or wasn't it him? That's super confusing. Did they rule that it wasn't him?

The cynic in me wonders if he also hesitated until after the election was fully complete to avoid having Hillary potentially be elected as a result. I hope I'm wrong there but I wouldn't be surprised.

Looks like everything kicked into high gear on Nov 18, after the elections

Valhelm

contribute something
Yes.

McCain being in on this, and Comey finding it credible enough for the CIA and NSA to brief Obama, Trump, and senior congressional members on it, yes, it is very big stuff.

Intelligence is likely corroborating everything they can. If there was nothing of substance this would not have been presented to anyone.

Trump is fucking done.

How? This evidence is damning, but what impact can it have on his presidency? He's been elected and he's about to be inaugurated. The past year and a half has shown that American conservatives will fall behind a ham sandwich as long as it speaks out against Democrats and minorities loud enough.

Chumley

Banned

Get the fuck out

Looks like everything kicked into high gear on Nov 18, after the elections
There was also the electoral college vote in December, though. It's very unlikely that they would have chosen Hillary regardless, but it would at least make it look worse for the electors to choose him if this came to light before the vote.

The CNN report specifically says the FBI is investigating these claims. Has a single person from Trump's camp denied this exact claim?

If not, who gives a damn about anything else. It is up to the authorities.

ZOONAMI

How? This evidence is damning, but what impact can it have on his presidency? He's been elected and he's about to be inaugurated. The past year and a half has shown that American conservatives will fall behind a ham sandwich as long as it speaks out against Democrats and minorities loud enough.

Uh, either he or senior members of his campaign staff will be arrested for high/crimes treason.

GOP will impeach him.

They aren't going to keep a compromised Russian agent sitting in the presidency, regardless of if he actually gets arrested.

His approval ratings are shit anyway and his press conference today, his twitter nonsense, his repeated scandals, make it pretty clear he isn't capable of being president in general vs Paul Ryan, or Pence if he isn not implicated in this by extension of the campaign.

It's not our job to come up with proof and evidence. We're video game nerds on a message board not intelligence agents or journalists. I'm hoping they do nail your dear leader to the wall because he is totally unfit for office.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
The CNN report specifically says the FBI is investigating these claims. Has a single person from Trump's camp denied this exact claim?

All Conway did was mention Buzzfeed and just jumps to other things.

There was also the electoral college vote in December, though. It's very unlikely that they would have chosen Hillary regardless, but it would at least make it look worse for the electors to choose him if this came to light before the vote.

Yeah, real being real, this feels like it was a precision strike

Shit got out on Tuesday
The day before his press conference

They just keep saying it is fake news

Permanently A

Trump could walk into their homes and shoot their mothers and their first response would be to log on to her facebook and make a bunch of false flag terrorist posts.

Why are you surprised when people that have been deifying Trump over the last year NO MATTER WHAT continue to deify him NO MATTER WHAT?

I dunno man. Throughout the election, they just slipped and juked around problems. The "grab em by the pussy" became the more palatable "locker room talk." Tax returns became "who cares?" And of course the good old "but what about the emails?"

This is the first time where the reality and facts of the situation are just blatantly being denied and replaced with a more preferable scenario. And its really quite frightening how quick people are to believe it. You just LOOK at the 4chan screenshots, they don't link to the report at all. You look at the mother jones report which breaches the topic a day before 4chan claims to have set up the hoax.

And yet here we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom