• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

MazeHaze

Banned
"Cohen denied he had ever been to Prague and produced his passport to prove it. "

Is tweeting a picture of the front of your passport how a quotable Denial works nowadays ?

Also you don't get your passport stamped when moving between territories in Europe, so the passport in its entirety would prove nothing.

Tristam

As someone who has been very much an outspoken defender of Ukraine over the last few years and have had to deal with the Russian Troll machine. Gaf thankfully has very few to no real Russian Propaganda machine in operation here.

The bad news is that means there are real people with these beliefs.

Agreed--it's actually scarier that these folks aren't getting paid for their posts.

Chumley

Banned
Again, it's the same alt right Neo Nazi Gamer Gate trash that have been trying to troll and spread misinformation here for a long time now.

God knows how many fucking burner accounts these lowlifes have on GAF.

I was talking to my girlfriend about this at the gym. It's a big question and one that's probably been gone over a lot here, but what has to happen in someones life to be like this? One of the "deplorables" online I guess would be a way to describe it. These people who lie, spread disinformation, laugh at the disabled, love gamergate, hate women, idolize Trump, the list goes on and on. They're all a part of the same community.

Like, I'm a 28 year old only child raised by a Mom who loved me and a Dad who just didn't care at all, but I grew up on the internet and message boards like a lot of these people probably did. But when I see how utterly evil they are I think they must have just been born this way, that no matter what may have happened to them in their life, it's not an excuse. There's just something missing there.

Gutek

The one thing that's really weird about it is the BBC and their claim of existing audio and video from Moscow and St. Petersburg.

I wonder what that is about.

You know I've thought about it a lot and the only things I can think of is that they are so deep in their own bubble that they view the opposing view point as absolutely insane and they either genuinely want to help save our minds or are just fascinated.

Or they're insecure about their viewpoint so they must constantly "win" internet battles.

Or they just like to troll people.

Mostly is because they know that even if they're banned, Gaf is all about second chances to shitheads so it will only be temporary and they'll be able to slith their away again soon until they fuckup or someone like TestOfTide takes the time to grab some receipts .

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Holy fucking shit i just saw kelly anne conway on Anderson Cooper.

This is the rise of facism. I cant believe it is already getting to this point. They are absolutely dumbfounded.

The media and intel communities need to join up and step in..

I'm watching it, and this is giving me cancer... like WTF... how can this level of stupid exist.

It's been a while since I've watched TV news... I... I need a drink...

/pol/ and r/the_donald is really insane right now. They went from "anyone can print a word document and highlight it, its FAKE NEWS" to "look at these random 4chan screenshots! Donald wins again!"

And the crazy part is people are actually buying it.

Both these places are just a bunch of sociopaths screaming at each other (albeit mostly about race and nationality on /pol/) so I am not surprised

Edit:

POW

rjinaz

God knows how many fucking burner accounts these lowlifes have on GAF.

I was talking to my girlfriend about this at the gym. It's a big question and one that's probably been gone over a lot here, but what has to happen in someones life to be like this? One of the "deplorables" online I guess would be a way to describe it. These people who lie, spread disinformation, laugh at the disabled, love gamergate, hate women, idolize Trump, the list goes on and on. They're all a part of the same community.

Like, I'm a 28 year old only child raised by a Mom who loved me and a Dad who just didn't care at all, but I grew up on the internet and message boards like a lot of these people probably did. But when I see how utterly evil they are I think they must have just been born this way, that no matter what may have happened to them in their life, it's not an excuse. There's just something missing there.

Loner types mostly. Social outcasts. They are lonely, bitter, and angry. They imagine if things were a certain way, specifically if other people were subjugated below them, their lives would be better. People would have to pay them respect, be with them, sleep with them, etc.

Mind you I am a loner type at times, but I'm not angry about it or blame others.

ZOONAMI

yep even though you can travel Europe without getting stamped. So his trip to Italy could have taken him all across Europe

Jake Trapper has a govt source saying it was a different Michael Cohen with same birth year in Prague in August.

Which does point to US intel vetting this report.

Doesn't mean Cohen meeting didn't happen in a different location or different date (as the dossier points out timing and location of meeting not a good confidence level).

Could mean there was no Cohen meeting at all, but a lack of a Cohen meeting doesn't debunk the allegations in the rest of the report (although it sort of is the ultimate smoking gun of collusion that Trump would have known about).

Especially with BBC saying there are other sources corroborating the ex mi6 intel, and multiple sources saying there are multiple video and audio tapes of Trump's blackmail compromise material.

However, there are still alleged financial ties (payments going back and forth), or if the tapes come out, or if they can uncover any electronic or telephone communication between Trump/Trump staff and Russian officials detailing Russians directing Trump to do the things alleged in the dossier.

Chumley

Banned
You have a pretty liberal definition of "pieces of shit" if hating Hillary is enough to get someone tagged with it.

It's not the hatred of Hillary. It's the lies, disinformation and contempt for anyone who doesn't share his hatred.

You can dislike Hillary and still remain in the realm of facts and reality, and have a civil conversation with someone else about the merits and drawbacks of your respective candidates.

mjp2417

Banned
I'll never understand how losing a primary to Clinton turns you into a pro-Trump, pro-Putin, mega-shill. How does that work?

If you're only invested in the cult of personality, not in Bernie's actual policy positions and his ability to leverage them through a Clinton presidency, then this is how you react.

Dryk

Also you don't get your passport stamped when moving between territories in Europe, so the passport in its entirety would prove nothing.
Well his passport in its entirety would establish periods of time that he was within Schengen Area, but that's about it.

Nobody will find a "crossed czechoslovakian border" stamp because it doesnt exist anymore.
There's two things in that phrase that don't exist anymore ;)

PnCIa

yep even though you can travel Europe without getting stamped. So his trip to Italy could have taken him all across Europe
This is something that cant be said enough.
It doesnt prove or disprove anything at this point, but once you get to a country thats part of the Schengen Agreement you can travel freely to any other country thats also part of it. Nobody will find a "crossed czechoslovakian border" stamp because it doesnt exist anymore.

This is the definition of clutching at straws and it's actually getting embarrassing.

Even if there are Trump sex tapes...So What???
What have these got to do with anything?

And the USA invaded countries to spread democracy.

Which reminds me! I couldn't do this before because I was at work.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=226694453&postcount=68
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=224400396&postcount=90
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=224401563&postcount=95
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=228089444&postcount=6765
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227935225&postcount=182
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227830489&postcount=201
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227413981&postcount=334
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227398429&postcount=614
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227398021&postcount=78
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227397883&postcount=32
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227179474&postcount=130
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227830489&postcount=201

A personal favorite of mine:

I swear, Americans have been so brainwashed by the media.

What is wrong with Trump receiving a beautiful letter from Putin?
Putin is a very smart man who will never dream of attacking the USA knowing the consequences. so I don't understand fear mongering.

Had Hilary won, many on here wouldn't have been appalled if she received a beautiful letter from the Saudis (co-funded her campaign even though she believed that they were also funding Islamic jihadis too).

An open channel between the leaders of the two biggest nuclear powers is a good thing as far as I am concerned.

Neogaf is fucking infested with paid Russian trolls who do almost nothing but drive-by post defending Russia and whataboutisming the U.S. in every single thread where Russia is a topic of conversation.

Violet_0

Banned
the media in my country (Germany) mostly ignored this today. This thread on the other hand has already ~8500 posts in it (almost as important as the Scalebound cancellation! /s). I just can't really tell if it will have any noticeable impact on Trump's presendency or if it's all just wishful thinking
Neogaf is fucking infested with paid Russian trolls who do almost nothing but drive-by post defending Russia and whataboutisming the U.S. in every single thread where Russia is a topic of conversation.
hey, I got bills to pay and mouths to feed
I really don't think there are any paid users here, I believe they just happen to align with Russia politically. You know what they say, there's a defense force for everything on GAF

Chumley

Banned
Loner types mostly. Social outcasts. They are lonely, bitter, and angry. They imagine if things were a certain way, specifically if other people were subjugated below them, their lives would be better. People would have to pay them respect, be with them, sleep with them, etc.

Mind you I am a loner type at times, but I'm not angry about it or blame others.

I'm a loner too. Very small circle of friends. Plenty of things that didn't go my way through life, and I was certainly bullied as a kid. But I grew out of that, became a grown up, and have empathy for human beings. Having empathy always seemed like a given to me, but the last year has shown me it flat out doesn't exist and is actively looked down on by people who may have had very similar upbringings to me. And that's what's so depressing.

It's not the hatred of Hillary. It's the lies, disinformation and contempt for anyone who doesn't share his hatred.

You can dislike Hillary and still remain in the realm of facts and reality, and have a civil conversation with someone else about the merits and drawbacks of your respective candidates.

He picks the most extreme reaction, but "Hillary and the DNC screwed Bernie out of the nomination and doomed us to a Trump presidency, fuck them" is hardly an uncommon notion at the moment. Shit like this requires time to get less raw.

Edit: Between assuming that everybody with a more conservative opinion is just someone from that Voat board with an alt account and the assumption that everybody who's not sold on the Trump/Russia shit is just a paid Russian troll, NeoGAF is getting very difficult and annoying to navigate in recent weeks.

Joke shitty idea:

Michael Cohen wasn't in Rome when he tweeted that.

When Rome Fell, the Byzantine Empire became the "New Romans", with emphasis on Constantinople as the "New Rome"

When the Ottomans sacked Constantinople, a number of Eastern Orthodox followers proposed Moscow as the Third Rome.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
the media in my country (Germany) mostly ignored this today. This thread on the other hand has already ~8500 posts in it (almost as important as the Scalebound cancellation! /s). I just can't really tell if it will have any noticeable impact on Trump's presendency or if it's all just wishful thinking

This would've blown over if Trump had ignored it. His response made this hilarious to follow.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
A personal favorite of mine:

Holy shit that quoted post, hah. "What's wrong with Trump and Putin's beautiful, beautiful bromance, I say. It's so beautiful I'm so happy for them *sniff*"

MazeHaze

Banned

It seems pretty huge, but I think it won't matter at all unless they can bring charges against him.

I mean, check out reddit and facebook, despite how bad this all looks, most trump supporters are still "who cares about russia? We need to deport all muslims and gas the n-words"

Ive srsly seen both of those things said multiple times today.

marrec

Banned
I hope you guys never go through my post history

I got fucking tapes and tapes and fucking BOXES of tapes and like a warehouse full of kompromat on BronsonLee but see

the thing is

nobody cares about BronsonLee so I got it all for no fucking reason. JUST BIDING MY TIME

I hope you guys never go through my post history

4ddb0c5118a6dd9739f9d1a039c4583f.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom