• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

leroidys

He picks the most extreme reaction, but "Hillary and the DNC screwed Bernie out of the nomination and doomed us to a Trump presidency, fuck them" is hardly an uncommon notion at the moment. Shit like this requires time to get less raw.

Edit: Between assuming that everybody with a more conservative opinion is just someone from that Voat board with an alt account and the assumption that everybody who's not sold on the Trump/Russia shit is just a paid Russian troll, NeoGAF is getting very difficult and annoying to navigate in recent weeks.

There's a very, very wide gulf between deranged, pro trump shitposts and thoughtful questioning of media.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I got fucking tapes and tapes and fucking BOXES of tapes and like a warehouse full of kompromat on BronsonLee but see

the thing is

nobody cares about BronsonLee so I got it all for no fucking reason. JUST BIDING MY TIME

I assume it's being handled by top men?

Spare a thought for Mr Steele
According to the daily telegraph he has had to go into hiding since he was outed by the WSJ(?) in my view that's pretty shitty to have put his name into the public domain assuming that he could have remained on the down low.
His life is definitely at risk now and of course his career/company is toast. I don't imagine he would feel to comfortable even visiting the USA after inauguration..

I got fucking tapes and tapes and fucking BOXES of tapes and like a warehouse full of kompromat on BronsonLee but see

the thing is

nobody cares about BronsonLee so I got it all for no fucking reason. JUST BIDING MY TIME

No that's Brandon Lee

I'm the nice guy

4ddb0c5118a6dd9739f9d1a039c4583f.jpg

I see you too mothafucka

ZOONAMI

According to the daily telegraph he has had to go into hiding since he was outed by the WSJ(?) in my view that's pretty shitty to have put his name into the public domain assuming that he could have remained on the down low.
His life is definitely at risk now and of course his career/company is toast. I don't imagine he would feel to comfortable even visiting the USA after inauguration..

This is terrible.

Not to make light of his situation, but it does speak to how credible he believes his information to be.

If it is just a farce, most likely the worst he has to worry about is deranged Trump fans calling his company.

Because he is a fucking real deal spy and knows his shit is legit, he is afraid of the fucking russians assassinating him.

Ac30

There's a very, very wide gulf between deranged, pro trump shitposts and thoughtful questioning of media.

I agree, but I do wish we'd stop with the insults - calling people pieces of shit helps nobody and we have mods to ban shitposters, if they are seen as such. Just don't respond and report, IMO.

ZOONAMI

That was proven false, wasn't it?

No.

Jake Trapper has a govt source saying it was a different Michael Cohen with same birth year in Prague in August.

Which does point to US intel vetting this report.

Doesn't mean Cohen meeting didn't happen in a different location or different date (as the dossier points out timing and location of meeting not a good confidence level).

Could mean there was no Cohen meeting at all, but a lack of a Cohen meeting doesn't debunk the allegations in the rest of the report (although it sort of is the ultimate smoking gun of collusion that Trump would have known about).

Especially with BBC saying there are other sources corroborating the ex mi6 intel, and multiple sources saying there are multiple video and audio tapes of Trump's blackmail compromise material.

However, there are still alleged financial ties (payments going back and forth), or if the tapes come out, or if they can uncover any electronic or telephone communication between Trump/Trump staff and Russian officials detailing Russians directing Trump to do the things alleged in the dossier.

Neogaf is fucking infested with paid Russian trolls who do almost nothing but drive-by post defending Russia and whataboutisming the U.S. in every single thread where Russia is a topic of conversation.

It's to be expected. They aren't just on Twitter, FB, and Reddit. NeoGAF is a large forum and drives a lot of traffic to (D) sites, I'd be more surprised if it weren't a target.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
That was proven false, wasn't it?

Last I checked it was not refuted that he was not in Europe.
Saying his passport doesn't have a Czech stamp on it, doesn't mean anything.
He did go to Italy earlier in the year. There is nothing to say he didn't go to Prague from there onward.

Zereta

One thing I'm learning from this AMAZING CNN Anderson Cooper interview with Conway is that CNN had multiple sources as well, not just BBC.

I mean that 2-page memo is all but confirmed. So we good at this point. Journalists seem confident that the briefing with the 2-page memo part is true, built based on the 35-page dossier.

Which was in turn built by apparently a fucking badass ex-MI6 spy man who helped take down FIFA.

The main sticking point it seems is that Buzzfeed released the file, especially now, during this crazy political insane week, instead of letting more verification happen. The reveals about the MI6 agent would have been made regardless of whether the dossier was released, seems to be the consensus. And an investigation by IC was already underway so why go to such lengths now, they seem to ask.

In-fighting within the journalism community is the very definition into playing to the hands of Trump (and potentially, it seems, Russia). This cannot happen.

ZOONAMI

One thing I'm learning from this AMAZING CNN Anderson Cooper interview with Conway is that CNN had multiple sources as well, not just BBC.

I mean that 2-page memo is all but confirmed. So we good at this point. Journalists seem confident that the briefing with the 2-page memo part is true, built based on the 35-page dossier.

Which was in turn built by apparently a fucking badass ex-MI6 spy man who helped take down FIFA.

The main sticking point it seems is that Buzzfeed released the file, especially now, during this crazy political insane week, instead of letting more verification happen. The reveals about the MI6 agent would have been made regardless of whether the dossier was released, seems to be the consensus. And an investigation by IC was already underway so why go to such lengths now, they seem to ask.

In-fighting within the journalism community is the very definition into playing to the hands of Trump (and potentially, it seems, Russia). This cannot happen.

Buzzfeed wanted to sink his press conference today, which was quite successful, so I applaud them for it.

PKrockin

Holy shit Mr. Birther himself wants to whine and cry about how unfair this is. Fucking rich. What happened to your private investigator in Kenya, Trump? You said he was digging up unbelievable info, you disgusting little cretin.

i hope its just a coincidence that he has gone underground at this time

rjinaz

Holy shit Mr. Birther himself wants to whine and cry about how unfair this is. Fucking rich. What happened to your private investigator in Kenya, Trump? You said he was digging up unbelievable info, you disgusting little cretin.

Literally Nazi Germany. Literally.

norm9

It was bound to happen at some point. Just not this early.

Impeachment can only come from Congress, which is loaded with the GOP and I really doubt they'll want to do it. Not only is Orange Asshole from their own party, he's the GOP's best Useful Idiot. They can do literally whatever they want, and after his term(s) is/are over they can cart in literally anyone else and they'll seem measured and respectable no matter who it is.

This is how I see it too.

Zereta

Buzzfeed wanted to sink his press conference today, which was quite successful, so I applaud them for it.

Arguably, the Trump team sunk their own conference by solving a business ethics problem by.... not solving it at all and maybe making it worse.

Derwind

Yep, the man is full of hypocrisy that it's a wonder they don't have his name cited in the dictionary under the definition of the word.

Jenov

I think that was my favorite part of the Conway vs Anderson interview. Conway was whining about how CNN coverage of Obama 8 years ago was all glowing and how unfair it all was. Anderson was all, uhhhh we covered the birther shit multiple times, in fact, we had Trump himself come on here to talk about THAT piece of fake news. Conway looked highly annoyed. LOLOL

Gutek

Best post in this whole thread. Puts everything in perspective.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

You have people in hawai searching?
Trump: Absolutely and they can't believe what they are finding
https://youtu.be/Blckpwk1voQ?t=96

Result: Nothing. \

An 'extremely credible source' has called my office and told me that @BarackObama's birth certificate is a fraud.
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/232572505238433794?lang=en

Result: Nothing

You know, Russia wanted damning, compromising information about Hillary and the DNC, what's the most they found? An obvious question, some risotto recipes, and praise for Tony Kushner's screenwriting skills.

It still had all too big an effect, but if that's what we find on an oft-probed political figure, what are the depths of information to be found on the PEOTUS and the RNC?

the media in my country (Germany) mostly ignored this today. This thread on the other hand has already ~8500 posts in it (almost as important as the Scalebound cancellation! /s). I just can't really tell if it will have any noticeable impact on Trump's presendency or if it's all just wishful thinking

hey, I got bills to pay and mouths to feed
I really don't think there are any paid users here, I believe they just happen to align with Russia politically. You know what they say, there's a defense force for everything on GAF

What makes me said paid is that isn't never a variety of posters in various threads. I'm a big Bernie supporter and critic of Hillary and how her campaign was run. But whenever there's a thread where the whole Bernie vs. Clinton fight flares up, it's from a variety of posters all posting sporadically.

Whenever Russia comes up in a thread. You see one single drive-by poster infest and bog down that thread for as long as possible. They usually shut up when people go through their post history. At which point a new user who shows up and suddenly starts bogging the thread down with semantics and whataboutisms to defend and muddy the waters regarding Russia.

We also know for a fact that the Russian government do have paid propaganda agents who go out and troll all over the internet. There's probably one or two guys with dozens or more accounts committed to defending Putin in this forum at all times and cheering about his Beautiful Letters.

MazeHaze

Banned
This is all so nuts. Like it's obvious from light years away that Trump is unfit to be president, but this is all way more damning than the birther nonsense that Trump led against Obama.

It's like a taste of his own (piss) medicine times a thousand.

Impeachment can only come from Congress, which is loaded with the GOP and I really doubt they'll want to do it. Not only is Orange Asshole from their own party, he's the GOP's best Useful Idiot. They can do literally whatever they want, and after his term(s) is/are over they can cart in literally anyone else and they'll seem measured and respectable no matter who it is.

This...

Trump got the racist, uneducated, rural voters to come out and vote for his BS, which gave the GOP full power, first time since the early 1900's GOP party controls all branches of Government, all thanks to the racist fuck, he's the hero, even if he sleeps with Putin..

ZOONAMI

Arguably, the Trump team sunk their own conference by solving a business ethics problem by.... not solving it at all and maybe making it worse.

No, Trump was pretty clearly shook and half of the conference focused on this report and Russia.

They brought up cameras everywhere in hotels, being a germaphobe (which he has also said he isn't a germaphobe), Cohen's passport (lol), etc.

They were pretty clearly shook.

You know, it occurs to me that it doesn't even matter if Russia actually has something on Donald Trump. From this point onward, Russia could threaten to claim that they've conspired with him and it would be as politically damaging as any actual compromising data they have on the man.

Donald Trump is permanently at the mercy of Putin, because the latter can end his career with either the truth or a lie at any moment at no cost to himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom