• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadskin

The man behind the sensational story concerning information the Russian government had supposedly collected about Donald Trump is a former British intelligence operative and was a longtime intelligence source for the U.S. government who had assisted the FBI during an investigation into corruption by FIFA, the world soccer association, according to sources familiar with the matter.

The operative — identified today by the Wall Street Journal as Christopher Steele, a former Russian operations officer for Britain's MI6 intelligence agency — had worked as a consultant for the FBI's Eurasian organized crime section, helping to develop information about ties between suspected Russian gangsters and FIFA, said one of the sources, who is directly familiar with Steele's work.

Steele had been hired originally to investigate Trump by his political opponents, and he decided to share his information with the FBI last year. The preexisting relationship between Steele and U.S. officials is one reason the FBI took the operative's allegations seriously when he first turned over a written dossier, filled with uncorroborated ”raw intelligence" about Trump, to one of the bureau's agents in Rome last summer, the sources said.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/the-man-behind-the-trump-dossier-was-former-british-spy-004221154.html

kevin1025

Banned
So Sean Spicer is now saying he never told Jim Acosta of CNN that he'd be ejected from future pressers if he acted the same way again, and attacking other journalists that call him a liar. He went on Fox News not even a couple of hours ago and confirmed he indeed did say it. There's video of it.

What.

MistySlowCentipede.gif

Nafai1123

Banned
How? This evidence is damning, but what impact can it have on his presidency? He's been elected and he's about to be inaugurated. The past year and a half has shown that American conservatives will fall behind a ham sandwich as long as it speaks out against Democrats and minorities loud enough.

Actual hard evidence would be grounds for treason. They cannot ignore that, but we also don't have it yet (and maybe never will).

BajiBoxer

Banned
Actually....

Putin is highly revered by the right for being manly. Trump and Putin sex tape would be decidedly un-manly.

Would it be unmanly... or too manly? That's two manly conservative men doing man things to each other.

Could be what's needed to cure conservatives' homophobia.

ZOONAMI

Damn.

Yeah I'm pretty sure most of this is gonna end up turning legit.

Cohen meeting in August in Prague is the only thing that won't (which is cited as being low confidence in the report). He will still be tracked down to meeting with Russian officials though, just not in Prague and a different timeline in the summer. Likely in July when Cohen tweeted he was in Rome.

rjinaz

Why do pieces of shit like this even come here.

I don't get it.

You know I've thought about it a lot and the only things I can think of is that they are so deep in their own bubble that they view the opposing view point as absolutely insane and they either genuinely want to help save our minds or are just fascinated.

Or they're insecure about their viewpoint so they must constantly "win" internet battles.

Or they just like to troll people.

Abelard

Don't even know how to respond to this situation. Just all around depraved for all parties involved, and depressing for us poor schmucks who have to deal with the consequences in living in a world where V. Putin is is the most powerful.

antonz

Why is Neogaf so thick with professional Russian trolls? If they're getting paid to post here, why can't I? I got bills to pay, too.

As someone who has been very much an outspoken defender of Ukraine over the last few years and have had to deal with the Russian Troll machine. Gaf thankfully has very few to no real Russian Propaganda machine in operation here.

The bad news is that means there are real people with these beliefs.

Zereta

Damn.

Yeah I'm pretty sure most of this is gonna end up turning legit.

Cohen meeting in August in Prague is the only thing that won't (which is cited as being low confidence in the report). He will still be tracked down to meeting with Russian officials though, just not in Prague and a different timeline in the summer. Likely in July when Cohen tweeted he was in Rome.

Basically.

However, the road to finding concrete evidence is gonna be insane. INSANE.

Durden77

More sources say, sources say, sources say...

Not trying to discourage, but wake me up when something really breaks through. Nothing too substantial has come out in a while, and we've seen Trump weasel out of too much shit that should have brought down the Air Force One for me to keep investing in this right now. While this has huge potential, I also am starting to feel like I've seen this dance before

I still have hope though.

Why do pieces of shit like this even come here.

I don't get it.

Oh usually what happens (such was the case with that dude) is they are on GAF for the gaming stuff, then peak over to the off-topic section and decide to spew their uninformed opinions in the off-topic section because gaming side tends to deal mostly with subjective things like taste rather than objective things like political facts (that isn't to say the gaming side is wrong).

sorry if im missing it but what does this show aside from that the guy is an asshat?

It shows a few things:

1) It shows their posting habits so that everyone else in the thread knows who they are trying to talk to.

2) It shows their lack of intellectual honesty so that users know not to waste time actually convincing them of anything

3) It shows that I REALLY want a tag that says "The North Remembers and so does your Post History"

antonz

"Cohen denied he had ever been to Prague and produced his passport to prove it. "

Is tweeting a picture of the front of your passport how a quotable Denial works nowadays ?

yep even though you can travel Europe without getting stamped. So his trip to Italy could have taken him all across Europe

commedieu

Banned
You know I've thought about it a lot and the only things I can think of is that they are so deep in their own bubble that they view the opposing view point as absolutely insane and they either genuinely want to help save our minds or are just fascinated.

Or they're insecure about their viewpoint so they must constantly "win" internet battles.

Or they just like to troll people.

It's system wars.

But for politics.

Or like,

People thinking star citizen will ever be released vs rational people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom