• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care if his statements were deplorable and ignorant, study upon study has shown that shaming these people does nothing but further solidify their uninformed world view.

Engage and talk with these people, rather do exactly what they do with Muslims, people of color, immigrants, etc., by dehumanizing them.

Na, anyone who says such statements can go fuck themselves.

mjp2417

Banned
I don't care if his statements were deplorable and ignorant, study upon study has shown that shaming these people does nothing but further solidify their uninformed world view.

Engage and talk with these people, rather do exactly what they do with Muslims, people of color, immigrants, etc., by dehumanizing them.

So engage and talk with him. No one here's gonna stop you.

MUnited83

For you.

He is never going to accept the facts. Look at his goddamn Twitter page. He is a delusional idiot and no one here will able to convince him of his stupidity.

I'm not the fucking teacher of this first grader.

zethren

Banned
If they impeach Trump over treason, it'll fracture the party and doom Pence to half a term of complete irrelevancy. If these accusations hold water, the entire GOP as a whole, is in for a rough couple of years.

If they don't impeach him, in the face of evidence and proof of treason, things could be worse. That's grounds for revolution, described in the 2nd amendment as the peoples' right to protect themselves from a tyrannical government. It sucks but that's basically what it's for.

I do agree though that it will be tricky to watch a republican congress react to this.

It was a drive-by post with a clear agenda, fuck that.

Zophar

Lol clapper coming out to "apologize" basically confirms trump was lying and is probably his way to say "fuck you"

To me it looks less like a confirmation or a denial of the situation but rather a public statement to rally the IC. They're all here to do the right thing for the country, basically.

Ithil

Travis ‏@KingBroly 2h2 hours ago
Tillerson showed he's smarter than 99% of all politicians today. If he's not confirmed, we're fucked.
No thanks.

Nah dude, fuck that guy.

I'm still just so embarrassed for him.

Tarydax

Banned

Do it yourself.

Sheesh, if there was ever a more relevant time for that film adaptation of The Honourable Schoolboy, this would kinda be it.

On a less silly note, this is stressful to watch unfold. WSJ releasing Christopher Steele's name is despicable, too.

Sorry, but there is a point of no return with deplorables.

It is better to call out their posting habits than to let the ignorant fall for their bullshit.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status

Perhaps you two should engage together.

Mully

Na, anyone who says such statements can go fuck themselves.

No. That's just wrong. You're continuing the cycle of hate that put us in this mess.

Actually talk and ask genuine questions with these people. You all have facts and the moral argument on your side, don't drop your morals to go on the same witch hunt that the ignorant people are on for liberals, facts, and anyone different. Be better than this.

How is it shaming when they're being told what they themselves said publically?

No. That's just wrong. You're continuing the cycle of hate that put us in this mess.

Actually talk and ask genuine questions with these people. You all have facts and the moral argument on your side, don't drop your morals to go on the same witch hunt that the ignorant people are on for liberals, facts, and anyone different. Be better than this.

Yo, why aren't you engaging him? Stop telling people what to do and do it yourself.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
He is never going to accept the facts. Look at his goddamn Twitter page. He is a delusional idiot and no one here will able to convince him of his stupidity.

I'm not the fucking teacher of this first grader.

Broly's the political equivalent of that scrub who keeps doing wake-up Shoryukens no matter how many times you crush counter his trash ass. Ain't ever gonna learn. Forever free.

Like if everything ends in a positive fashion, the movies about this are just going to be insane. You even have a built-in ticking clock for dramatic tension, with the inauguration drawing near

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status

You can be better with him.

guek

Banned

LOL. I've been trying to say the same thing for awhile now. gaf gonna gaf. Or to be fair, that's just the nature of the internet.

mid83

Anybody want to give me a summary of what is actually confirmed since yesterday (or a link with updates)? I know about yesterday's leak and how it apparently came from a former MI6 operative but the info wasn't confirmed. I also know that Trump denied it all today and called out CNN specifically.

I don't want to read 100+ pages here so I figured I'd ask for the latest.

feel free to private message him. i'm sure it will be riveting

Zubz

Banned

Maybe in casual conversation, sure, but you can't reason with Internet trolls.

Ac30

Anybody want to give me a summary of what is actually confirmed since yesterday (or a link with updates)? I know about yesterday's leak and how it apparently came from a former MI6 operative but the info wasn't confirmed. I also know that Trump denied it all today and called out CNN specifically.

I don't want to read 100+ pages here so I figured I'd ask for the latest.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/11/us/politics/donald-trump-russia-intelligence.html?_r=0

Hot off the press, basically where we are and how we got here

Ithil

LOL. I've been trying to say the same thing for awhile now. gaf gonna gaf. Or to be fair, that's just the nature of the internet.

Yes poor misunderstood guy, we should be understanding and try to engage

Travis ‏@KingBroly 5m5 minutes ago
I will not fall into a fucking hive mind like a lap dog.

Boylamite

Fuck those people. They do not deserve respect. They don't have any respect for anyone else.

zethren

Banned

In this thread, rife with information and various sources at all times, I'd rather point out that they're wrong and then not take a conversation any further than there. They're spreading disinformation. People are listening to that disinformation, and that's dangerous. Cut off the disinformation.

Yes poor misunderstood guy, we should be understanding and try to engage
Gorilla minds are better than hive minds

We were doing that, and then he kept saying dumb bullshit, and then someone showed us why we shouldn't waste our time engaging him.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Eh, there is some evidence that ridicule does work sometimes.

That said, it's totally OK to not want to convince people or change their mind, especially those who are already entrenched. Ain't nobody got time for this shit and all that. :)

Edit:
Do it yourself.
Or this, hah.

MUnited83

For you.

No, what put us in this mess was letting jackasses like these peddling their crazy-ass conspiracy theories and misinformation campaigns as simple "opinions".

Fuck them, there is nothing to engage. They are delusional idiots that won't ever listen to reason.

Boylamite

In this thread, rife with information and various sources at all time, I'd rather point out that they're wrong and then not take a conversation any further than there. They're spreading disinformation. People are listening to that disinformation, and that's dangerous. Cut off the disinformation.
100%. Highlight the bullshit and identify it as such. The time for lattes and nice exchanges is behind us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom