• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. That's just wrong. You're continuing the cycle of hate that put us in this mess.

Actually talk and ask genuine questions with these people. You all have facts and the moral argument on your side, don't drop your morals to go on the same witch hunt that the ignorant people are on for liberals, facts, and anyone different. Be better than this.

The whole point is that the people we call out are posters who are NOT showing intellectual honesty. there is no convincing these people

LOL. I've been trying to say the same thing for awhile now. gaf gonna gaf. Or to be fair, that's just the nature of the internet.

Maybe you two should take the time to do these fantastic chats with deplorables instead of smugly chiding people who don't want to deal with bs and comparing them to racists and xenophobes.

Kimawolf

Something will happen, something has to. Hell BBC even said the guy they were talking to said there are videos and audio files. So i expect it will leak, probably Friday or so.

I fully expect him to be impeached this year.

Aki-at

it was good work but not much work tbh

I think that just makes it so much funnier haha.

No. That's just wrong. You're continuing the cycle of hate that put us in this mess.

Actually talk and ask genuine questions with these people. You all have facts and the moral argument on your side, don't drop your morals to go on the same witch hunt that the ignorant people are on for liberals, facts, and anyone different. Be better than this.

I've tried engaging with numerous people about this and all that happens is they double down on their own rhetoric and how Islam will destroy the world, I've even had someone say "I'd wipe out every Muslim except you" I'm tired of it, so very tired, by all means engage in it if you want but I no longer have the time or positive energy to do so.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Wish CNN, or any major media outlet, scrutinized both Hillary and Trump during the general in this fashion instead of talking heads from either camp trying to sell their candidates to the public.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Something will happen, something has to. Hell BBC even said the guy they were talking to said there are videos and audio files. So i expect it will leak, probably Friday or so.

Friday seems to be the day.

Deirdre Walsh ‏@deirdrewalshcnn 7h7 hours ago
House Intel Committee voted to allow ALL House members access to classified hacking report, briefing by CIA, FBI, DNI, NSA chiefs on Friday

https://twitter.com/deirdrewalshcnn/status/819277477747036160

I do on daily basis. I work with 20 Trump supporters during the day. I came into this thread to read the news and didn't notice the post until I saw the reactions.

And how many of them have, through caring discussion, saw the error of their ways and opened their eyes to the truth, rather than wallow in their own ignorance? How many flies you lure with honey than vinegar, friend? Realistically, how many do you think you'll EVER get through to?

Agreed.

Don Lemon on CNN now reporting on the conflict of interest issues brought up by Trump's "plan" today. They are hitting every point tonight.

CNN isn't going to go quietly on this, nor should they, what Trump did at that 'press conference' was absurdly unprofessional. I was watching it live with a non-Clinton voter and she couldn't believe what she was watching. It was absurd, he just came across as so exceptionally unprofessional much less presidential. He isn't going to do press conferences.

ZOONAMI

They have no judgment on it, which means that Trump wasn't briefed about it, which was the original story. They're not going to brief him on material they haven't made a determination on.

Retweeting MAGA & insulting an American war hero John McCain in favor of a fascist racist traitor Trump, and insulting islam = you are a lap dog for a white power hive mind.

Why?

guek

Banned
Yes poor misunderstood guy, we should be understanding and try to engage

Mully aint wrong though. You wonder why the alt-right and Trump's brigade of buffoonery has so much traction on the internet, it's because they employ the exact same tactics as you're seeing here and react exactly as Mully is describing when it's used in kind against them. You wonder how people can swallow all the post-truth bullshit, well it's in large part because people love dogpiling on the internet. Don't agree with someone? Yell at them as a group until they're silenced, all the while reinforcing your own opinions and biases.

The problem is it doesn't matter if you're right. It's still toxic behavior that breeds stubbornness and helps people become indoctrinated in whatever ideology is accepted in that particular corner of the internet. None of this is new either, it's well established psychology playing out on a massive scale.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
You guys would make terrible FSB agents smh...You are supposed to sit on the kompromat and use it to blackmail, not immediately nuke the person.

lazxvpW.gif

Doesn't his fetish in this case involve peeing on a bed that Obama once slept in specifically because Obama slept in it?
Considering Donald's involvement in the birther movement, there's also a weird political edge in there.
I read that in the report and find it distasteful, but I really don't feel like it's my place to judge what gets a person off. As long as it was consensual, who gives a fuck? I don't want anyone imposing their morals on my bedroom. Why impose my judgement on theirs?

Ithil

What if Russia themselves drops some shit on inauguration day.

The fireworks on that would be insane.

That would be counterproductive for them. It would lead to Trump being removed from office and Pence installed, who is not their patsy and what's more the GOP would have to be staunchly anti-Russian automatically.

They want their stooge in charge in the US.

norm9

Wish CNN, or any major media outlet, scrutinized both Hillary and Trump during the general in this fashion instead of talking heads from either camp trying to sell their candidates to the public.

CNN used them both for ratings, especially Trump. Now, they find it will help their ratings even more by attacking Trump. I don't believe this is all some sort of moment of clarity from the threat of the end of the freedom of press. CNN knows this brings ratings so they'll attack.

Garlador

CNN used them both for ratings, especially Trump. Now, they find it will help their ratings even more by attacking Trump. I don't believe this is all some sort of moment of clarity from the threat of the end of the freedom of press. CNN knows this brings ratings so they'll attack.

When truth and ratings collide, magic can happen.

Mully

The whole point is that the people we call out are posters who are NOT showing intellectual honesty. there is no convincing these people

You cannot expect them to understand over night. It's taken me six months to convince some of my work buddies that the ACA was a law that helped tens of millions, which is likely the reason they also have cheaper healthcare than the previous option (albeit a less conspicuous one).

Six months, to wittle that stubbornness and ignorance based on propaganda that was used dehumanize people, but it's worth it because they also learn about other people and become to understand their supposed liberal enemy.

We cannot engage in the same dehumanizing tactic no matter how evil and ignorant they may be. There is a time to fight, but in our way; a way that does not include turning warped people into monsters.

That said, fuck Trump.

Shaneus

Neogaf is fucking infested with paid Russian trolls who do almost nothing but drive-by post defending Russia and whataboutisming the U.S. in every single thread where Russia is a topic of conversation.
If there's any doubt they're not actually Russian, here's your smoking gun:
Don't forget that these Russian athletes are also competing against the likes of Marion Jones and Tim Montgomery.

Everyone is probably at it.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick

Unfortunately, yeah, that seems to be the case. Maybe a mixture of that and true for talking down their reporting like that. Its absolutely elevating things though. This is amazing to witness.

Polari

Really? Even if it it's all true (which I doubt) I don't see how anything will be confirmed in the short-term. The FSB is hardly going to release anything if they have it.

Russia has more to gain from 4-8 years of a Trump presidency than they do from a brief period of total chaos. I can't see that happening.

Unless Putin feels like his gambit to get what he wanted from Trump will fail to materialize due to the climate, and the only remaining gain would be to dump their info and delegitimize the Presidency of the United States.

RDreamer

Russia has more to gain from 4-8 years of a Trump presidency than they do from a brief period of total chaos. I can't see that happening.

They probably do.

Then again, after all this shit comes out and everyone's analyzing his moves, do you really think Trump can do all that much to benefit Russia? Maybe it's better just to blow off the nukes and completely destabilize America like that. I mean if Trump goes down we don't just go back to normalcy after that.

Then again maybe letting him sit for like 4 years and then blowing off the proverbial nukes is the best approach.

ZOONAMI

Mully aint wrong though. You wonder why the alt-right and Trump's brigade of buffoonery has so much traction on the internet, it's because they employ the exact same tactics as you're seeing here and react exactly as Mully is describing when it's used in kind against them. You wonder how people can swallow all the post-truth bullshit, well it's in large part because people love dogpiling on the internet. Don't agree with someone? Yell at them as a group until they're silenced, all the while reinforcing your own opinions and biases.

The problem is it doesn't matter if you're right. It's still toxic behavior that breeds stubbornness and helps people become indoctrinated in whatever ideology is accepted in that particular corner of the internet. None of this is new either, it's well established psychology playing out on a massive scale.

I have learned this from some of my friends from HS. I grew up in a small town. Some of them have bought into some stupid shit.

You can't just get mad at them and shut them down and discount any of their ideas/information outright. then they do the same to you, even though their information is bad and they will continue being ignorant.

You have to sort of really dig in with them and work at where they are coming from and why they believe that, and how it doesn't make sense for them to believe that for their own self interests. You have to take some time to unravel the ignorance. If you just shout at them or make fun of them it just isolates them further into their shitty bubble.

You cannot expect them to understand over night. It's taken me six months to convince some of my work buddies that the ACA was a law that helped tens of millions, which is likely the reason they also have cheaper healthcare than the previous option (albeit a less conspicuous one).

Six months, to wittle that stubbornness and ignorance based on propaganda that was used dehumanize people, but it's worth it because they also learn about other people and become to understand their supposed liberal enemy.

We cannot engage in the same dehumanizing tactic no matter how evil and ignorant they may be. There is a time to fight, but in our way; a way that does not include turning warped people into monsters.

That said, fuck Trump.
Dude, I ain't got six months to talk to King Broly on neogaf about how nothing he says is based in reality. Hopefully he has friends that can explain this stuff to him but I doubt he has friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom