• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus christ you guys, I have never seen a news station calling Trump out like this.

CNN is making this the second watergate.

Directly saying Trump lied today.
If this ends up bringing down the entire Trump presidency, they will be the ones with the credit for breaking the story. They must be giddy as this develops, since it continues to develop in their favor.

The report specifically elaborates a quid pro quo where Trump would drop the official Republican platform against Russia's invasion of Ukraine and occupation of Crimea.

I specifically remember this being the case during the Republican national convention. In fact, the disappearance of the 'opposition' platform was the only change made by the Trump team.

I really hope the FBI investigates this and the 'providing information on Russian families' thing. These are the things that could get Trump impeached, especially if he starts trying to cover things up.

The hooker piss thing is gross, but Trump would just find a way to just laugh it off like he did at the press conference.

Great to CNN have some backbone finally. I guess you have to when a presidential administration calls your reporting fake news... Hopefully they go for the throat the next 4-8 years without compromise.

I hope the press pool as a whole bands together. Not to attack Trump, but to actually grow a spine and call a spade a spade. There has been an exceptional amount of pussyfooting when it comes to Trump. He is no longer Trump, he is about to be POTUS and it is their duty to be forceful and accurate.

Geez what's the trend in this thread with "Statement; Link saying opposite of previous statement" posts??

raw

The report specifically elaborates a quid pro quo where Trump would drop the official Republican platform against Russia's invasion of Ukraine and occupation of Crimea.

I specifically remember this being the case during the Republican national convention. In fact, the disappearance of the 'opposition' platform was the only change made by the Trump team.

I really hope the FBI investigates this and the 'providing information on Russian families' thing. These are the things that could get Trump impeached, especially if he starts trying to cover things up.

The hooker piss thing is gross, but Trump would just find a way to just laugh it off like he did at the press conference.
He already did the last bit.

"I'm a germaphobe anyway"

android

Theoretical Magician
Ya they'll impeach him in a heartbeat...The Republican's don't want him either. They just the job. And if they have Pence or someone else they can control and who isn't pulling shit like this daily... the Republicans will gladly go for it. This man attacked a lot of them throughout the campaign and now people expect them to support him?

Ac30

Won't let me watch without signing in to a cable provider, because Canada I guess :/

He really didn't even need to reference the piss thing, though. That was fucking dumb.

Zereta

Reposting my earlier post tracking the reporting done last year that was basically clues leading to this moment.

Considering this memo, true or false, has been circulating within IC and media circles since July last year, consider all of this:

Trump changed views on Ukraine after hiring Manafort

Secret Ledger in Ukraine Lists Cash for Donald Trump’s Campaign Chief

Was a Trump Server Communicating With Russia?

A Veteran Spy Has Given the FBI Information Alleging a Russian Operation to Cultivate Donald Trump

Reporting from different outlets, alleging stuff that we've seen mentioned in this memo, all largely swept aside for smaller Trump controversies/Hillary's e-mails.

And yet, with the memo in the wild, and with that context, we can shed new light on how news outlets might have been reporting, slowly on all of these bits of information and ultimately watched it swept under the rug.

Journalists have been giving Buzzfeed hell all day and they've largely ignored this story (except the British media, thank god for them) to focus on Trump's conflict of interest, Sessions' testimonies and Tillerson. Which is good. But decrying Buzzfeed for feeding the public with further evidence substantiating previous stories that allow the public to begin connecting the dots seems a little unfair.

Seems like everyone is treating Buzzfeed as the stupid little brother when in reality, they made a risky but ultimately, correct move.

On another note, going back to the links I posted above, the tiny clues are out there, they have been out there. We know this, we have known this. Just gotta connect all the dots and dig for that evidence.

Durden77

Finally. CNN talking about how much Trump is attacking the first amendment. Shit's probably the scariest part about his potential Presidency and the media has been dancing around it for months.

Took them long enough, but hopefully this means it will become more of a focus of mainstream media. People need to understand that he is attacking our rights as Americans.

mjp2417

Banned
We're really in uncharted territory here.

The nerve-wracking part is that... if this is all true, will it even do anything at this point? There are so many things that would have sunk anyone else that didn't affect Trump at all. I have to hope that treason of all things would actually stick.

If this is even partly true then this will absolutely force the GOP's hand. Obviously the true believers won't be happy, but this would enable them to install a more amenable, conventional Republican in the White House under the guise of putting country above party.

ZOONAMI

Won't let me watch without signing in to a cable provider, because Canada I guess :/

He really didn't even need to reference the piss thing, though. That was fucking dumb.

yeah I think they let you have a free preview for a while down here but eventually you have to sign in.

When I just went there it said preview but started playing. Have cnn running on the tv

zethren

Banned
I posted this on FB and now I'm dealing with friends boldly taking the "4Chan" stance... Is it even worse trying to argue?

Even if nothing gets done here on a political level, this thread's causing more than enough chaos among GAFers.

Same. There is a profound level of disinformation circulating the internet in terms of 4chan and this story.

There is also SO MUCH info that has popped up in the last 24 hours that I'm not surprised when someone isn't up to date, or is confused.

Ya they'll impeach him in a heartbeat...The Republican's don't want him either. They just the job. And if they have Pence or someone else they can control and who isn't pulling shit like this daily... the Republicans will gladly go for it. This man attacked a lot of them throughout the campaign and now people expect them to support him?
If they impeach Trump over treason, it'll fracture the party and doom Pence to half a term of complete irrelevancy. If these accusations hold water, the entire GOP as a whole, is in for a rough couple of years.

Permanently A

We're really in uncharted territory here.

The nerve-wracking part is that... if this is all true, will it even do anything at this point? There are so many things that would have sunk anyone else that didn't affect Trump at all. I have to hope that treason of all things would actually stick.

It is not illegal when the President does it.

Mully

Oh. My. God.

Fucking bravo, man. Lol

I don't care if his statements were deplorable and ignorant, study upon study has shown that shaming these people does nothing but further solidify their uninformed world view.

Engage and talk with these people, rather do exactly what they do with Muslims, people of color, immigrants, etc., by dehumanizing them.

ZOONAMI

Don't have cable, what is CNN doing to get you all so excited?

Got Fareed on now with Don Lemon, just straight up calling out Trump on outright attacking the media, being an opponent of the first amendment, lying about being briefed about this, tape of Conway lying about it in her interview with AC a little while ago.

Had Carl Bernstein on earlier saying Conway was an anonymous source when it suited her and is a propaganda minister.

They are basically validated in their story from yesterday from the DNI report and are shitting on Trump from calling them fake news and refusing to take a question from their reporter at the conference today, calling CNN a trash organization, etc.

They are straight up firing back.

Not taking Trump's shit no more. Just blowing up yo.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
I don't care if his statements were deplorable and ignorant, study upon study has shown that shaming these people does nothing but further solidify their uninformed world view.

Engage and talk with these people, rather do exactly what they do with Muslims, people of color, immigrants, etc., by dehumanizing them.

Meh. Not in this thread we won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom