• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDreamer

So then why would you do all this and try to compromise such an unlikely candidate. Wouldn't you try to go after somebody more in a position to reasonably win, other than a Donald Trump from 2011? Talk about winning the lottery...

I really don't think they TRIED to go after Trump. Personally Trump is a fucking idiot and they probably had shit on him and were close in ties. Then he ran for president and they started helping him because why the fuck not, obviously Trump would fuck things up. When he won the nomination is when they really put the foot on the gas pedal it seems.

The Lamp

On another thought, remember during election season when the pussy grabbing scandal happened and anonymous sources swore that that was just the tip of the iceberg on what would come out about Trump? And news agencies were sitting on the proper moment to reveal the rest?

They never revealed it during election season. Could this be what they meant? Better late than never, I suppose.

The key here is that none of that is treason.

I'm ignorant. Is that somehow tried differently? Do you not get a lawyer or jury or defense?

ZOONAMI

for new page:

Originally Posted by godofcookery

QUOTE He says they had a briefing, but the DNI wasn't specific about what they briefed him on, the statement is designed to be read in many ways. The fact that the statement and phone call was made is important, but the statement is not really saying that he was briefed on this document specifically. Lord knows what the actual conversation was like tonight. QUOTE

This is actually true.

Clapper letter does not confirm what exactly was covered at Friday's briefing.

But it does confirm that IC has at least briefed Trump on the dossier as of today, and seems to confirm that they are looking into the dossier and it's allegations.

It really doesn't completely vindicate CNN's original reporting that Trump was briefed on the 2 page synopsis last Friday. Doesn't debunk CNN's reporting either though.

So? There's a mountain of evidences against him for sexual assault, tax evasion/fraud, conflicts of interest, defamation/libel, nepotism, all kinds of shit. He's never served prison time for any of it and he has the best lawyers. And the government is even more corrupt from the inside with his cronies than ever before.

The best lawyers. Really?

Also the evidence is still piling up at this point. Eventually things will get to a breaking point.

I'll say what I always say whenever I see posts like yours.

No man is invincible.

On another thought, remember during election season when the pussy grabbing scandal happened and anonymous sources swore that that was just the tip of the iceberg on what would come out about Trump? And news agencies were sitting on the proper moment to reveal the rest?

They never revealed it during election season. Could this be what they meant? Better late than never, I suppose.

They didn't reveal it because they thought for sure that Hillary would win at that point and just thought it was extra baggage, or so I remember.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
So? There's a mountain of evidences against him for sexual assault, tax evasion/fraud, conflicts of interest, defamation/libel, nepotism, all kinds of shit. He's never served prison time for any of it and he has the best lawyers. And the government is even more corrupt from the inside with his cronies than ever before.
That list doesnt include secret meetings with russia or exchange of money.
Thats what gets someone treason charges.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Almost everyone has admitted to having this already, but that they couldn't verify any of it so they couldn't print it. Even now, outside of BuzzFeed all anyone is saying is that Trump got briefed on the memo they all have. Well, and the BBC talking about tapes.

This is actually true.

Clapper letter does not confirm what exactly was covered at Friday's briefing.

But it does confirm that IC has at least briefed Trump on the dossier as of today, and seems to confirm that they are looking into the dossier and it's allegations.

It really doesn't completely vindicate CNN's original reporting that Trump was briefed on the 2 page synopsis last Friday. Doesn't debunk CNN's reporting either though.

RIght. CNN seems very high on this statement, but they should pull it back a bit.

UberTag

I really hope their are more Trump jokes at the Oscars. Hopefully Chris Rock makes references to golden showers and being blackmailed by the Kremlin. It'll drive dipshit Donald nuts.
Jimmy Kimmel is hosting the Oscars this year.

That said, Hollywood will undoubtedly appreciate having a pedestal with lots of eyes to decry Trump and his administration.
It'll give us something to look forward to while La La Land sweeps all of the awards.

Dalek

It's amazing that people just see a hint that a story like this could be fake on AOL or whatever and just say "oh ok! No big deal then"

Scary shit.

I mean, as it is the BuzzFeed docs were saying he farmed out the DNC hack to the Russians. Essentially Watergate 2.0. How the hell does it get worse than the thing that took Nixon down, only worse?

This honestly has me kind of actually scared. Like fuck. None of this is good and I'm not sure we're going to be able to weather the storm all that well...

Got

Banned
Why do people keep coming up with out of the box ideas just so they can assume the best of Trump? What has that man done that you don't assume he is a living turd capable of these things? I mean yeah I am biased so I'm more quick to believe it but I also have eyes and ears and know all the things he has done and has been accused of. It's adding up. The smoke is smothering me at this point.

Probably because they don't want to feel like a fool for voting for such a shitbag.

zethren

Banned
I'm ignorant. Is that somehow tried differently? Do you not get a lawyer or jury or defense?

It's essentially the highest crime you could commit. If evidence is found that proves he committed treason, he is done. Like, no question.

You can't "locker room talk" treason.

M.Bluth

Shit, this story keeps getting bigger and it's only just started.

Say Paul Ryan's ambition motivates him to dump the turd, my question is, once the dust settles: What do we do about Russia?

I genuinely hope Trump doesn't escape this somehow, it must sink his orange ass...

Shit, this story keeps getting bigger and it's only just started.

Say Paul Ryan's ambition motivates him to dump the turd, my question is, once the dust settles: What do we do about Russia?

I genuinely hope Trump doesn't escape this somehow, it must sink his orange ass...

In a dream scenario, strengthen NATO, increase sanctions and let their economy suffer until at some point the Russian people realize that Putin fucked them.

All I know if all this is real, then Putin and Russia are like, the most ultimate badasses in existence.

If that is the case then, makes you wonder why Russia is in the state that it's in, in regards to several social/economical issues.

The KGB and its related intelligence services inside the USSR enjoyed an enormous degree of success during the cold war, with an alarming number of agents in important places, sometimes for decades. Many never got caught before the end of the cold war.

Although the USSR dissolved and most of their overseas assets were neutralized in one way or another throughout the 1990's (it's initial dissolution, the release of sensitive archive material, the Mitrokhin archive etc), the FSB, inheriting the resources and in many cases even personnel of the KGB, was certainly capable of rebuilding itself as a potent force. Having dirt on a POTUS would be a first, but I would not recommend underestimating Russian intelligence services. Even during times of major economic turmoil in the 20th century, the KGB significantly outperformed western intelligence services.

ZOONAMI

RIght. CNN seems very high on this statement, but they should pull it back a bit.

CNN says they have multiple sources that say this was part of the briefing to Obama and Trump last week though, so I guess I believe them as of now.

Clapper's statement does indirectly confirm in the sense that "Media reports covering last Friday's briefing," you can safely draw a conclusion that the media reports covering the briefing, the substance of those reports were the synopsis and the dossier, so you would assume that Clapper even bringing up last Friday's briefing would mean that this was part of that briefing, either written or oral.

XenodudeX

It's amazing that people just see a hint that a story like this could be fake on AOL or whatever and just say "oh ok! No big deal then"

Scary shit.

Admittedly, I'm pretty much like that right now. This just seems so crazy to me that I'm waiting for some report to come out and debunk this entire thing. I have literally never witnessed this kind of scandal before.

zethren

Banned
The KGB and its related intelligence services inside the USSR enjoyed an enormous degree of success during the cold war, with an alarming number of agents in important places, sometimes for decades. Many never got caught before the end of the cold war.

Although the USSR dissolved and most of their overseas assets were neutralized in one way or another throughout the 1990's (it's initial dissolution, the release of sensitive archive material, the Mitrokhin archive etc), the FSB, inheriting the resources and in many cases even personnel of the KGB, was certainly capable of rebuilding itself as a potent force. Having dirt on a POTUS would be a first, but I would not recommend underestimating Russian intelligence services. Even during times of major economic turmoil in the 20th century, the KGB significantly outperformed western intelligence services.

And Putin is former KGB, as well.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Holy shit, the law firm that did the dog and pony show at the press event won "Russia Law Firm Of The Year"!

https://www.morganlewis.com/news/chambers-partners-names-morgan-lewis-as-russia-law-firm-of-the-year

IS THIS REAL LIFE?!?

Trump and Russia is like a comedy skit where a horse wearing glasses clomps around town, goes to work, pubs, and rides the subway, all while wearing a sign around its neck that reads "I AM NOT A HORSE."

[And yes, I know it's a big law firm, etc. But it's like Trump can't escape Russia no matter where he goes, all while denying he knows what this "Russia" thing is.]

I would buy a "Locker Room Treason" hat.
light-treason.gif

"Light treason" is the way to go imo.

rokkerkory

Trump n conway basically confirmed lied thanks to clapper!

Imagine trump start to take questions from cnn? What will ppl say then? He is weak? Lol

Pure craziness.

zethren

Banned
Colbert is going in hard on this. Guess that's all this whole thing is going to be good for, jokes on late night television.

There's an investigation going, and intelligence agencies are taking this very seriously.

Lol it's not just amounting to jokes, like at all.

mdubs

Banned
Trump n conway basically confirmed lied thanks to clapper!

Imagine trump start to take questions from cnn? What will ppl say then? He is weak? Lol

Pure craziness.

This is going to go into overdrive when the hacking reports become unclassified for the House along with the briefing on Friday

rjinaz

Scary shit.

If you don't want to believe it, you won't until it gets to the point you can't really deny it. "Shrug, knew it was fake, and if it wasn't I'll hear about it eventually". Politics are boring to, I would argue, most of America and that's why we have PEEOTUS Trump.

That's why I'm glad the piss came a long with the story, it actually made people notice it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom