• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't want to believe it, you won't until it gets to the point you can't really deny it. "Shrug, knew it was fake, and if it wasn't I'll hear about it eventually". Politics are boring to, I would argue, most of America and that's why we have PEEOTUS Trump.

That's why I'm glad the piss came a long with the story, it actually made people notice it.

I mean, I wish we lived in an America where the collusion allegations alone would cause this news to blow up, but we don't.

Veitsev

It's amazing that people just see a hint that a story like this could be fake on AOL or whatever and just say "oh ok! No big deal then"

Scary shit.

You will find a clear pattern of people posting the 4chan BS and trying to downplay this and being Trump supporters/anti PC-culture/anti-BLM, etc. Been checking the post history of people here that have done it and they never surprise me with anything else.

So I just got a voicemail from my Trumper uncle cussing me out(said i'm a commie lol) and yelling about CNN. This shit is fucking crrrazy.

I don't want get my hopes up only to be let down (again) but dear god I hope Trump goes on a perp walk before the inauguration. He's fucking dangerous. I don't give a shit if Pence or Ryan get in there. They'll be stuck with his stink anyway and immediately delegitimized.

Colbert is going in hard on this. Guess that's all this whole thing is going to be good for, jokes on late night television.

No the Late Night stuff is just how the story spreads. Humor is a great way to make a story infectious.

Now we are waiting for the part where this becomes actual treason charges against Trump and his campaign.

To put it another way:

With Bill Clinton in 98, the getting oral sex was the....humorous (kinda) part.

The part where Bill claimed to never have had sexual relations with Monica was when he was basically caught lying under oath.

So I just got a voicemail from my Trumper uncle cussing me out(said i'm a commie lol) and yelling about CNN. This shit is fucking crrrazy.

I don't want get my hopes up only to be let down (again) but dear god I hope Trump goes on a perp walk before the inauguration. He's fucking dangerous. I don't give a shit if Pence or Ryan get in there. They'll be stuck with his stink anyway and immediately delegitimized.

Tell your uncle the following word for word:

"I tried to listen to your voicemail, but it was hard to hear it with Trump's dick in your mouth."

Let me know if he gets even angrier.

Polarbear

Banned

I would have preferred he just lost the election, but winning and being sent to prison for life right before the inauguration would take a close second place.

BowieZ

Banned
I think what needs to be remembered here is, regardless of the legitimacy of the allegations, the way Trump has risen to power and handled his transition including these allegations is the dawn of a new Fascist West.

Yea about that....how will trump supporters react if Trump gets removed from office? They see him as the next jesus christ

Cipherr

Damn this stuff has him in his feelings that much? I guess its really starting to get real. The smoke is thick as hell right now.

Even if Trump were to escape prison, his term is fucking cooked. This is a terrific springboard for the left.

rjinaz

A diehard Trump supporter calling another person a Commie. Hilarious.

No the Late Night stuff is just how the story spreads. Humor is a great way to make a story infectious.

Now we are waiting for the part where this becomes actual treason charges against Trump and his campaign.

To put it another way:

With Bill Clinton in 98, the getting oral sex was the....humorous (kinda) part.

The part where Bill claimed to never have had sexual relations with Monica was when he was basically caught lying under oath.

Tell your uncle the following word for word:

"I tried to listen to your voicemail, but it was hard to hear it with Trump's dick in your mouth."

Let me know if he gets even angrier.

Nah man. That dude has guns.

Yea about that....how will trump supporters react if Trump gets removed from office? They see him as the next jesus christ

I don't know. But they all have guns just like my fucking uncle so I pray they don't go out of their goddamn minds.

Zophar

Damn this stuff has him in his feelings that much? I guess its really starting to get real. The smoke is thick as hell right now.

Even if Trump were to escape prison, his term is fucking cooked. This is a terrific springboard for the left.

If this doesn't materialize into term-ending charges as soon as possible it all but guarantees Trump will go scorched Earth on the press and IC at the earliest chance. Might not be a springboard remaining for anybody if that's the case.

Trump supporters have their heads in the sand, it's quite sad. They believe everything single thing that is said to defend trump. Whatever Trump believes they believe.

Or Trump would know that so he'd crack down on the false news and unfair intelligence and we'd end up like fucking Turkey.

mid83

I have a hard time seeing how this issue blows over at this point even if none of these claims are proven. This paints such a dark cloud over the Trump administration before it even starts. On top of that, going to war with CNN isn't going to do him any favors. This is a signal to the mainstream media regarding how Trump plans to act if they step out of line. I have to think the media is going to do everything they can to put him in his place if they can't take him down.

I also find it interesting how effective the Republican attack on the mainstream media has been over the past 20 years. Plenty of my friends and family think this story is a bunch of BS made up by butthurt biased news organizations.

Pretty crazy times we live in.

Crosseyes

Banned
I think what needs to be remembered here is, regardless of the legitimacy of the allegations, the way Trump has risen to power and handled his transition including these allegations is the dawn of a new Fascist West.
Yep at this point the transition is going to be rough no matter how the allegations shake out.

Either Congress moves forward with impeachment on these allegations and America must suppress the blowback from the fascist right. These will be protests where American citizens will likely have to be killed to get on the rough road to recovery. I can't imagine that the diehard Trumpers along with Russian nudges toward violence will end peacefully.

Or Trump remains in power with a very real agenda to start enacting his fascist regime and starts going after his perceived enemies with the strength of the executive branch of government behind him.

UberTag

If your uncle calls you a Communist, then what's his opinion of Trump's good buddy, Vladimir Putin, and his 17 years (and counting) dominion over Russia?

mo60

This sounds like treason (and i don't throw that word around lightly) can we expect charges out of this?

No one knows yet. If this story keeps on exploding there may be charges against some of the people on his presidential team that were connected to this story and he may possibly be removed from office.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
If your uncle calls you a Communist, then what's his opinion of Trump's good buddy, Vladimir Putin, and his 17 years (and counting) dominion over Russia?

Trump supporters don't think that hard.

He thinks Putin is a strong leader. He's been a Vlad guy since Hannity and them started slobbering over him.

Basically he's a dumbshit.

nelchaar

Goodness, this article by BBC from 7 hours ago is quite something (http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38589427)

"And the former MI6 agent is not the only source for the claim about Russian kompromat on the president-elect. Back in August, a retired spy told me he had been informed of its existence by "the head of an East European intelligence agency".

There might be more than one source to corroborate this story, according to the BBC.

CNN says they have multiple sources that say this was part of the briefing to Obama and Trump last week though, so I guess I believe them as of now.

Clapper's statement does indirectly confirm in the sense that "Media reports covering last Friday's briefing," you can safely draw a conclusion that the media reports covering the briefing, the substance of those reports were the synopsis and the dossier, so you would assume that Clapper even bringing up last Friday's briefing would mean that this was part of that briefing, either written or oral.

Yup, I tend to believe them for now as well.

The part you quoted is definitely something you can read both ways, as it doesn't explicitly say that the coverage was correct, just that it was covered. Time to wait and see what comes of it all.

ezrarh

I think this is the beginning of the US' downfall. Trump will undo 60 years of the rise a true superpower.

When many of the European powers lost their colonial empires and had to deal with the destruction from WWII, they rebuilt and created better quality of life for their people than at the height of their power. Granted, this was with protection from the US but my optimistic side says maybe we lose international power but that doesn't mean people's lives have to be worse. Although things can easily go the wrong way...

Nah man. That dude has guns.

I don't know. But they all have guns just like my fucking uncle so I pray they don't go out of their goddamn minds.

If he's a gun nut, then that means he doesn't feel safe without a gun.

So just make sure not to start shit at his place, but definitely start shit elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom