• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

zethren

Banned
This thread moves awfully fast, lol

LINK REMOVED FROM QUOTED TEXT

4Chan and Reddit reporting it was all planted?

Both are hubs for alt right and Trump trolls, we know this. They aren't to be trusted.

Besides, their claims do not mesh with what is currently being discussed and corroborated by various agencies.

Auctopus

Looks like the adoption of the term "fake news" has been a blessing and a curse. If you're deemed fake news by Trump, that's it, his followers blindly slander the site too. I took a look at some pro-Trump social media pages tonight and it's all full of anti-CNN stuff.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
You cannot expect them to understand over night. It's taken me six months to convince some of my work buddies that the ACA was a law that helped tens of millions, which is likely the reason they also have cheaper healthcare than the previous option (albeit a less conspicuous one).

Six months, to wittle that stubbornness and ignorance based on propaganda that was used dehumanize people
lol, like I said, ain't nobody got time for this shit. I'm not gonna invest six months of back-and-forth with some random jerk who posts awful shit on NeoGAF/Twitter. Life is too short.

I chose the Platnium plan for the insurance that was offered through my work. I pay about $75/week for it, which stings some weeks, but I get free prescriptions and a $15 copay for most visits.

I know it's bound to go up again, but I've got the next best thing to single payer right now, and frankly it's keeping me sane (mental and knee issues).
???
What a bizarre post. He asked you what your co-workers thought of ACA (those you debated six months with), not what you paid for it... :S

Wallach

What does the WSJ naming him actually mean? Will this help verify the Buzzfeed story?

The BuzzFeed story was confirmed by the Director of National Intelligence today in his press statement. That document is in fact from a private security company doing contract investigation.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
CNN posted massive profits in 2016 and was one of the leading news organizations (along with Fox) that spent a disproportionate time on the email scandal and negativity wrt/Clinton in general. Their creed was build on false equivalence and keeping the horse-race a race in the interests of ratings and money.

CNN is terrible, but at least they're being consistantly terrible here.

I understand why other news organizations are calling for more restraint now that I know more, but where was that restraint when it came to covering the Comey letter, which was also nothing but unverified speculation.

Honestly, the WSJ naming him or not really isn't terribly material. He was undoubtedly known to many people who had been circulating the story in the background for the past few months, and certainly known to those who might intend him actual harm.

One of our national... what's the opposite of treasure? Shitheap?

Not even American shitheap. He's Australian. If a brown immigrant was engaged in what Murdoch does, he would be tarred and feathered and then kicked out of the country, but he is white old man so it's OK I guess.

So the dossier comes from Russian sources.

How to destabilize the American leadership.

Step 1: hack the DNC and leak all of their slightly uncomfortable secrets to the press to get Donald Trump elected.

Step 2: create a honeypot of real/fake opposition research against Donald Trump and feed it to organizations doing work for the DNC.

You smear both, possibly cause the impeachment of a president, and everybody fights, everybody blames each other, and the county divides further.

This is obviously my insane ramblings but it seems to me like if the goal was to sow discontent with the American government you would want both sides to look bad.

The idea of Trump as a Russian puppet sure sounds nice but it's impossible to orchestrate without being caught. My assumption has always been that he is a useful idiot for the Russians who saw electing him and then turning the country against him the best way to cause havok and weaken the USA.

All I know if all this is real, then Putin and Russia are like, the most ultimate badasses in existence.

If that is the case then, makes you wonder why Russia is in the state that it's in, in regards to several social/economical issues.

It's also strange why Donald cares enough for all this shit, a 70 year old man with probably at most 8 more years to live (if his physical appearance is anything to go by, i.e, not good). If I was rich, 70 years old and in poor health, I'd just enjoy life, do some high level drugs and call it a life.

EDIT: What's unfortunate though, is we're beginning to see how biased journalism (which invariably causes public distrust) is turning into a serious issue. Any news story with any kind of agenda - is now a Bush/911 tinfoil hat theory.

When they could just be true facts. But now nobody knows.

News turning into a for-profit, punditry / commercial / pandering to your target audience service was such a bad thing. I'm not saying news should turn into a non-profit entity, but the cash grab is causing public distrust.

Mawnster

So, I'm curious about the dropping of the name of the MI-6 agent and the consequences of said actions. I admit I know little about things like these, so this is a genuine question. What happens now that he's had to leave his residence and hide? Cause, I mean, people are talking about possible attempt of assassination now. Sounds like his life is pretty much over. Not to mention his career.

Is this even legal? I thought the identities of people like him were supposed to be protected at all costs.

zethren

Banned
So the dossier comes from Russian sources.

How to destabilize the American leadership.

Step 1: hack the DNC and leak all of their slightly uncomfortable secrets to the press to get Donald Trump elected.

Step 2: create a honeypot of real/fake opposition research against Donald Trump and feed it to organizations doing work for the DNC.

You smear both, possibly cause the impeachment of a president, and everybody fights, everybody blames each other, and the county divides further.

This is obviously my insane ramblings but it seems to me like if the goal was to sow discontent with the American government you would want both sides to look bad.

The idea of Trump as a Russian puppet sure sounds nice but it's impossible to orchestrate without being caught. My assumption has always been that he is a useful idiot for the Russians who saw electing him and then turning the country against him the best way to cause havok and weaken the USA.

I mean, it's very possible they're about to be caught very soon.

But yes, regardless they have certainly created a very chaotic climate.

So, I'm curious about the dropping of the name of the MI-6 agent and the consequences of said actions. I admit I know little about things like these, so this is a genuine question. What happens now that he's had to leave his residence and hide? Cause, I mean, people are talking about possible attempt of assasination now. Sounds like his life is pretty much over. Not to mention his career.

Is this even legal? I thought the identities of people like him were supposed to be protected at all costs.

Former agent. Runs a well known private consulting firm. Name undoubtedly already known to those would would want to harm him.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Cnn saying trump was at least briefed on the 35 page report buzzfeed posted

Trump surrogates said he was not

The director of national intelligence says he was briefed

CNN wants to take down a president and Carl wants another scalp.

Seriously though, it's amazing how quickly Trump's people have been getting caught lying on this. It hasn't even been 24 hours.

So, I'm curious about the dropping of the name of the MI-6 agent and the consequences of said actions. I admit I know little about things like these, so this is a genuine question. What happens now that he's had to leave his residence and hide? Cause, I mean, people are talking about possible attempt of assasination now. Sounds like his life is pretty much over. Not to mention his career.

Sadly no. Also, he's former MI-6. Legally the WSJ is in the clear, not so much ethically though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom