• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just shocked how at much blatant disregard and lack of respect Trump and his den of corrupt cronies have for the US political system.
Trump is both belligerent and an imbecile, and he has absolutely zero intention of showing the role of being POTUS any respect, at all. He is making a mockery or America.

If he ends up getting done in, this will ultimately be what screwed him over. Dude thought he was God and assumed he could get away with telegraphing so much hostility to the intelligence community without consequence.

Polarbear

Banned
There is seriously no way this ends in a nothingburger now. We have been hearing about the FSB kompromat for months now. Some twitter people even talked about a video of Trump with prostitutea, but it remained in the fringes. Motherjones picked up on the story in October but was rputinely criticized for posting "baseless accusations". Mi6 and Eastern European agents are saying there are tapes of Trump and they are sexual in nature. The dossier is pretty much saying this, without a smoking gun. Now something like this thats been bubbling for months now, and being talked by various international spy agents, including some twitter personalities, is too much smoke for a tiny to no fire. And its pussy grabber Trump we're talking about, not an honorable man like Obama.

People with authority need to come forward and verify this stuff. There's such a ridiculous amount of smoke, yet no fire yet. I'm guessing it's out of fear of having their identity known, or something deeper.

I read all that too... fucking crazy. I was screaming internally today while listening to that press conference hearing him and his lawyer unravel their slimy-ass scheme. The sheer audacity of it all. "Mr Trump can't be expected lose the company he built." Hey well, if you're not prepared to walk away or put it on a shelf then maybe don't run for President?

Yes, it's simple. The man is not fit for the role of president. He is a slimy, pig-ignorant, illiterate businessman.

The sooner the powers that be in the US accept this and strip his title, instead of accepting everything blindly for the sake of democracy, the better. The problem is, we're probably going to have years of Trump burning bridges and destroying constitutional rights before anything happens.

The fact that he's not relinquishing his business in any real sense proves that he only has self-interest in mind, he gives no fucks about America.

You'd think the FBI and/or CIA could begin looking into his emails, phone records, bank records, tax records, etc. as well as possible interrogations with him and his entire staff, cabinet picks and all. Maybe Obama told them to hold off either until after Obama has left office or until Trump actually starts doing the things he says he going to do.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
usually i'd agree but she seemed off her game in this interview and the one she did with seth myers.
Well, I guess she's the face of the campaign in front of horrifying allegations. Lol. I'd love to know what's going on in her head. A master spin artist.

RaidenZR

Well, I guess she's the face of the campaign in front of horrifying allegations. Lol. I'd love to know what's going on in her head. A master spin artist.

She sold her soul for a warm seat years ago. I wouldn't give her more credit than just being conniving and knowing how to wrap word circles around people.

People with authority need to come forward and verify this stuff. There's such a ridiculous amount of smoke, yet no fire yet. I'm guessing it's out of fear of having their identity known, or something deeper.
The Christopher Steele guy already fled home, fearing for his safety from Russian agents. Imagine how lower level folks must be feeling. Russian spies usually find (and kill) their targets. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Litvinenko

Sf8O78c.png

slowclap.gif

Ollie Pooch

She sold her soul for a warm seat years ago. I wouldn't give her more credit than just being conniving and knowing how to wrap word circles around people.
Oh, I don't admire her. She really is awful and seems she goes wherever the money is, not her morals.. she had Anderson flustered by the end though, he was basically kissing her ass.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I'm just shocked how at much blatant disregard and lack of respect Trump and his den of corrupt cronies have for the US political system.
Trump is both belligerent and an imbecile, and he has absolutely zero intention of showing the role of being POTUS any respect, at all. He is making a mockery or America.

He seems to think being on constant attack makes him strong, whereas it makes him look completely unhinged and like he doesn't know the first thing about anything.

He grew visibly angry at a reporter calling his big, beautiful wall a "fence", for god's sake, haha.

In addition to that, I'd wager Trump's only coherent thought is to continue putting forth the attitude he used to market himself to his base. A human wrecking ball with no regard for convention that will topple the establishment. For the moment, a lot of his base is still eating this up because they're either still intoxicated by winning, or they're too myopic to see that this isn't Trump doing what he promised, it's just a combination of Trump putting on a show and truly being incompetent, unfit for office.

Can't get over his tired, dejected walk away from today's press conference though. I wonder at what point may he really mentally collapse. Especially if he never gets the total adoration and deference he seems to feel he deserves for now being "the most important man in the world".

There is seriously no way this ends in a nothingburger now. We have been hearing about the FSB kompromat for months now. Some twitter people even talked about a video of Trump with prostitutea, but it remained in the fringes. Motherjones picked up on the story in October but was rputinely criticized for posting "baseless accusations". Mi6 and Eastern European agents are saying there are tapes of Trump and they are sexual in nature. The dossier is pretty much saying this, without a smoking gun. Now something like this thats been bubbling for months now, and being talked by various international spy agents, including some twitter personalities, is too much smoke for a tiny to no fire. And its pussy grabber Trump we're talking about, not an honorable man like Obama.

This is where i'm at. This must be the shit that Rick Wilson dude was teasing on Twitter. He was the campaign something or another for former CIA guy Evan McMuffin.

She knows the buzzfeed report is real.

The way she, Trump, his entire team are behaving is not how people behave when accused of a bogus lie. She kept saying "it's fake, fake, fake" like an unhinged person, same with Trump at his press conference. They're going defcon 5 on the media because bullying has worked for them so far, they think it'll get them through this shitstorm.

I also noticed it with the first tweet response when Buzzfeed's article came out. It didn't match the way Trump normally calls out negative press at all.

She knows the buzzfeed report is real.

The way she, Trump, his entire team are behaving is not how people behave when accused of a bogus lie. She kept saying "it's fake, fake, fake" like an unhinged person, same with Trump at his press conference. They're going defcon 5 on the media because bullying has worked for them so far, they think it'll get them through this shitstorm.

Trump's response to this whole situation with the typical large type caps is all the evidence I need to know that he's indeed a Putin stooge. If he didn't have anything to hide, he wouldn't have responded at all, but Trump's gonna be Trump. He'll probably blow his cover eventually. 

RaidenZR

Oh, I don't admire her. She really is awful and seems she goes wherever the money is, not her morals.. she had Anderson flustered by the end though, he was basically kissing her ass.

Yeah, because unlike her Anderson has a conscience and he doesn't take pleasure in raking people over the coals... as much as I want them to finally start calling these people out on their garbage on live TV, they seem to want to dismantle them by the book. Not sure that's going to work with the Trump administration. Hasn't made a dent thus far and they give FAR too much air time to their nonsense. At least tonight Don Lemon told one he straight up wasn't making any sense.

antonz

You'd think the FBI and/or CIA could begin looking into his emails, phone records, bank records, tax records, etc. as well as possible interrogations with him and his entire staff, cabinet picks and all. Maybe Obama told them to hold off either until after Obama has left office or until Trump actually starts doing the things he says he going to do.

Apparently the FBI spent months trying to get FISA warrants and got denied until October. By that point the kind of things they wanted to see would have likely been mostly completed on Trumps side.

Obama is in a tough spot. He really cannot be too aggressive or it will be spun as a Political Witchhunt and really start issues.

The safest way to deal with it also relies on hoping Republicans do the right thing. They need to deal with it so its not a "Democrat" Conspiracy or "coup" etc. Its going to cause backlash in the country no matter what but it would be better for the Nation for it to not be opposition party doing it.

ZOONAMI

Yeah, because unlike her Anderson has a conscience and he doesn't take pleasure in taking people over the coals... as much as I want them to finally start calling these people out on their garbage on live TV, they seem to want to dismantle them by the book. Not sure that's going to work with the Trump administration. Hasn't made a dent thus far and they give FAR too much air time to their nonsense. At least tonight Don Lemon told one he straight up wasn't making any sense.

Yeah, but shortly before that he said it isn't his job to like her personally.

So he was kind of backtracking off of that lol.

Ac30

Trump's response to this whole situation with the typical large type caps is all the evidence I need to know that he's indeed a Putin stooge. If he didn't have anything to hide, he wouldn't have responded at all, but Trump's gonna be Trump. He'll probably blow his cover eventually. 

Yes but he's also such a dummy he'd be baited into replying even if he weren't guilty, lol. Guy can't help but implicate himself

Mawnster

It looks like shes breaking at the seams.

She puts on a wide, fake smile every time that she says a blatant smile. Then an awkward pause happens, while Cooper is all like "dafuq?" and you can notice her internally panicking and thinking "fuck, fuck, fuck :)".

This is why I try not to watch these things. They make me uncomfortable and angry at the same time. It's a weird mix of feelings.

Ollie Pooch

Yeah, because unlike her Anderson has a conscience and he doesn't take pleasure in taking people over the coals... as much as I want them to finally start calling these people out on their garbage on live TV, they seem to want to dismantle them by the book. Not sure that's going to work with the Trump administration. Hasn't made a dent thus far and they give FAR too much air time to their nonsense. At least tonight Don Lemon told one he straight up wasn't making any sense.
Yeah, she was definitely on the defensive this time playing the victim card for Donald which seems to be their MO when attacking doesn't work. Funny, because it's exactly the MO of an abusive narcissist. Ha!

mjp2417

Banned
This is where i'm at. This must be the shit that Rick Wilson dude was teasing on Twitter. He was the campaign something or another for former CIA guy Evan McMuffin.

I haven't checked Wilson's twitter account recently, but it definitely is. When the original Mother Jones article broke this story the weekend before the election he basically confirmed as much. It's actually kinda weird seeing this same stuff re-emerge over two months later after everything that has happened in the interim.

Sf8O78c.png

Writer Ken Bensinger (Joseph Gordon Levitt) sits at his desk in a cubicle farm, the name "Buzzfeed" visible on the wall behind him. While looking through his e-mail, he sees a new attachment saying "You'll want to see this." He takes a sip of coffee as he scrolls before his eyes bulge and he spits out the coffee.

[Joker and the Thief by Wolfmother starts playing]
vJbeFpx.gif

Bensinger runs into an office where Miriam Elder (Maya Rudolph) is talking to Mark Schoofs (Stanley Tucci), he's panicking and holding a freshly printed document.

Bensinger: Guys, guys! I think-... I think I have a story. About Trump.
Elder: Pfft. [Taking paper] Like anybody gives a... What the-...?!
[Jump cut to Schoofs reading it]
Schoofs: No, actually I agree. I agree with the "What the-..." [Waves his hand to imply the final unspoken word].
Elder: How does this happen?

EARLIER...

Jeb Bush (Will Ferrel): [Facing camera] Hi! I'm Jeb Bush, and I'd sure like to be your president.

Cut to:
Jeb looking disappointed in a dark room, talking to an advisor (Ben Schwartz).

Jeb: How is he beating us? I just don't get it.
[Shot of Donald Trump (Alec Baldwin) at a campaign rally]
Advisor: I thought you had an exclamation point at the end of your name! It's time to get to action!
Jeb: ... Yeah.
Advisor: Step up!
Jeb: YEAH!

Cut to:
Jeb is on a phone.

Jeb: Hey... Who would I talk to about.... Hiring a spy?

Cut to:
Christopher Steele (Liam Neeson) meets with Jeb in a car in a parking garage. He's very intense.

FROM ADAM MCKAY
DIRECTOR OF "THE BIG SHORT" and "ANCHORMAN"

Steele: What is it you want?
Jeb: Well, if you could just... Find something. Like, maybe he cheated on some taxes, or maybe he said something offensive.
Steele: I'll start in Russia.
Jeb: Russia?
Steele: Russia.
Jeb: Why... why would you start in Russia?
Steele: Everything bad usually happens in Russia.
Jeb: ... Oh. [Smirks] Hey. We're kind of like James Bond and M, huh. Yeah, I'm M and you're George Lazenby.
[Steele stares, stone-faced.]

LATER

[Jeb sits in his pajamas reading the paper when the phone rings.]
Jeb: [Answers] Y'ello.
Steele: This is Steele. I have your information. It's big.
Jeb: Oh. Oh! No, that's okay. I'm actually out of the race. You don't have to-...
[Pause]
Jeb: ... Like.... Number 1?

John McCain (Bill Murray) stares at a document.

John McCain: .... Ha... Hahaha!

[In a hotel suite]
Trump: How bad are we talking?
Agent 1(Jordan Peele): ... Moscow, a few years ago.
Trump: ... Ah...
Agent 2(Keegan-Michael Key): Prostitution. Blackmail... Uh...
Agent 1: Illicit business ties.
Agent 2: And...
Agent 1: And...
Agent 2: Pee.
Agent 1: Yeah, pee.
Agent 2: [Nods]
Agent 1: People are probably gonna really latch onto... the pee.
Trump: ... Uhh...

[In an office]
Kellyanne Conway (Kate McKinnon): This might not be so bad, if it comes out. You know, maybe we could spin it. Like... You're improving Russian relations.
Trump: And, hey. Maybe there was a fire in the hotel.
Conway: [Winces]
Trump: ... And there wasn't any water. Someone had to put the fire out!

THE RIDICULOUS TRUE STORY
OF THE CRAZIEST SCANDAL IN AMERICAN POLITICAL HISTORY

Putin (Steve Carrell): [Chuckles nervously]

Big montage of quick cuts of shenanigans and character's reactions as the music gets to the last "Joker and the Thief" chorus repetition. Music stops.

GOLDENGATE

Trump is at press conference at Trump Tower.
Trump: No. No. Not you. No. Your organization is terrible.

COMING SOON

So have you submitted this to SNL yet?

UberTag

Did you guys watch the Anderson Cooper and Conway craziness earlier? I assume it was already linked earlier but this thread is very chaotic to sift through.

The entire segment got me pretty agitated and I'm usually a pretty calm person.
My takeaway from this is that while Buzzfeed dumped everything, the Trump camp is laying the blame at CNN's feet for getting the ball rolling by acknowledging the existence of the dossier in the first place and giving Buzzfeed the justification in their minds to dump it for public dissemination.

Trump isn't going to war with the media per se so much as they're going to war with CNN, expecting to win and destroy the credibility of that organization - or get them to kowtow to the party line being fronted by their vetted "not fake news" media representatives (i.e. Lifezette.com) - and MSNBC smells the blood in the water and is positioning themselves as the potential benefactors in the mainstream press arena by playing ball with the disinformation/debunk game while CNN goes into full rebellion mode.

Sf8O78c.png

Writer Ken Bensinger (Joseph Gordon Levitt) sits at his desk in a cubicle farm, the name "Buzzfeed" visible on the wall behind him. While looking through his e-mail, he sees a new attachment saying "You'll want to see this." He takes a sip of coffee as he scrolls before his eyes bulge and he spits out the coffee.

[Joker and the Thief by Wolfmother starts playing]
vJbeFpx.gif

Bensinger runs into an office where Miriam Elder (Maya Rudolph) is talking to Mark Schoofs (Stanley Tucci), he's panicking and holding a freshly printed document.

Bensinger: Guys, guys! I think-... I think I have a story. About Trump.
Elder: Pfft. [Taking paper] Like anybody gives a... What the-...?!
[Jump cut to Schoofs reading it]
Schoofs: No, actually I agree. I agree with the "What the-..." [Waves his hand to imply the final unspoken word].
Elder: How does this happen?

EARLIER...

Jeb Bush (Will Ferrel): [Facing camera] Hi! I'm Jeb Bush, and I'd sure like to be your president.

Cut to:
Jeb looking disappointed in a dark room, talking to an advisor (Ben Schwartz).

Jeb: How is he beating us? I just don't get it.
[Shot of Donald Trump (Alec Baldwin) at a campaign rally]
Advisor: I thought you had an exclamation point at the end of your name! It's time to get to action!
Jeb: ... Yeah.
Advisor: Step up!
Jeb: YEAH!

Cut to:
Jeb is on a phone.

Jeb: Hey... Who would I talk to about.... Hiring a spy?

Cut to:
Christopher Steele (Liam Neeson) meets with Jeb in a car in a parking garage. He's very intense.

FROM ADAM MCKAY
DIRECTOR OF "THE BIG SHORT" and "ANCHORMAN"

Steele: What is it you want?
Jeb: Well, if you could just... Find something. Like, maybe he cheated on some taxes, or maybe he said something offensive.
Steele: I'll start in Russia.
Jeb: Russia?
Steele: Russia.
Jeb: Why... why would you start in Russia?
Steele: Everything bad usually happens in Russia.
Jeb: ... Oh. [Smirks] Hey. We're kind of like James Bond and M, huh. Yeah, I'm M and you're George Lazenby.
[Steele stares, stone-faced.]

LATER

[Jeb sits in his pajamas reading the paper when the phone rings.]
Jeb: [Answers] Y'ello.
Steele: This is Steele. I have your information. It's big.
Jeb: Oh. Oh! No, that's okay. I'm actually out of the race. You don't have to-...
[Pause]
Jeb: ... Like.... Number 1?

John McCain (Bill Murray) stares at a document.

John McCain: .... Ha... Hahaha!

[In a hotel suite]
Trump: How bad are we talking?
Agent 1(Jordan Peele): ... Moscow, a few years ago.
Trump: ... Ah...
Agent 2(Keegan-Michael Key): Prostitution. Blackmail... Uh...
Agent 1: Illicit business ties.
Agent 2: And...
Agent 1: And...
Agent 2: Pee.
Agent 1: Yeah, pee.
Agent 2: [Nods]
Agent 1: People are probably gonna really latch onto... the pee.
Trump: ... Uhh...

[In an office]
Kellyanne Conway (Kate McKinnon): This might not be so bad, if it comes out. You know, maybe we could spin it. Like... You're improving Russian relations.
Trump: And, hey. Maybe there was a fire in the hotel.
Conway: [Winces]
Trump: ... And there wasn't any water. Someone had to put the fire out!

THE RIDICULOUS TRUE STORY
OF THE CRAZIEST SCANDAL IN AMERICAN POLITICAL HISTORY

Putin (Steve Carrell): [Chuckles nervously]

Big montage of quick cuts of shenanigans and character's reactions as the music gets to the last "Joker and the Thief" chorus repetition. Music stops.

GOLDENGATE

Trump is at press conference at Trump Tower.
Trump: No. No. Not you. No. Your organization is terrible.

COMING SOON

Damn man, this is incredible!!!

RaidenZR

Yeah, but shortly before that he said it isn't his job to like her personally.

So he was kind of backtracking off of that lol.

Yeah that's what I meant about him having a conscience. His internal tug of war was playing out on-screen for us. You could see him hitting his limits but at the same time he doesn't want to stoop to their level of just blasting words so it looks like endless noise.

Maybe they'll get vicious with the surrogates if some of this report starts getting validated.

Yes but he's also such a dummy he'd be baited into replying even if he weren't guilty, lol. Guy can't help but implicate himself

I'm really hoping he explodes during a conference, and flat out admits his ties to Russia because of pressure. I know it's not likely gonna happen, but it'd be so great to see.

EXACTLY. If a rumor is repeated by enough people, enough times, it HAS to be true. There is literally no counter-example anyone can possibly post to make that statement look ridiculous. You can't name even one time, ever, in the history of politics when a rumor has persisted unless it was absolutely based on fact.

So do we think it will JUST be impeachment, or will he get the death penalty for treason? Either way surely it will happen by next weekend. It's a done deal. No way all of you are going to be disappointed yet again.

superbeau

Neo Member
The cynic in me wonders if he also hesitated until after the election was fully complete to avoid having Hillary potentially be elected as a result. I hope I'm wrong there but I wouldn't be surprised.

considering what a partisan asshole he was this year, I'd believe it

Kadin

My takeaway from this is that while Buzzfeed dumped everything, the Trump camp is laying the blame at CNN's feet for getting the ball rolling by acknowledging the existence of the dossier in the first place and giving Buzzfeed the justification in their minds to dump it for public dissemination.

Trump isn't going to war with the media per se so much as they're going to war with CNN, expecting to win and destroy the credibility of that organization - or get them to kowtow to the party line being fronted by their vetted "not fake news" media representatives (i.e. Lifezette.com) - and MSNBC smells the blood in the water and is positioning themselves as the potential benefactors in the mainstream press arena by playing ball with the disinformation/debunk game while CNN goes into full rebellion mode.
I completely agree with your takeaway and I can see how that's definitely a possibility. But the fact that really irritates me in that interview is that Conway (and Trump obviously) is saying that what CNN was reporting was 'fake news' when in fact nothing they said was in fact fake. If they're pissed that their story created an opening for Buzzfeed and everyone else to unleash holy hell, that's an entirely different story.

Apparently the FBI spent months trying to get FISA warrants and got denied until October. By that point the kind of things they wanted to see would have likely been mostly completed on Trumps side.

Obama is in a tough spot. He really cannot be too aggressive or it will be spun as a Political Witchhunt and really start issues.

The safest way to deal with it also relies on hoping Republicans do the right thing. They need to deal with it so its not a "Democrat" Conspiracy or "coup" etc. Its going to cause backlash in the country no matter what but it would be better for the Nation for it to not be opposition party doing it.
Thanks for the response. You are correct; the only thing that can defeat Trump is Republicans. Trump has already started a war with Democrats, The Media, Hollywood, and the Intelligence Community. Any one of those that Trump is at war with tries to impeach him, it will cause major/horrible uproar amongst his fanbase. Our only hope is the republicans.

Polarbear

Banned

Absolutely fucking shameful on MSNBC's part. Disgusting.

Ollie Pooch

Look at her in this March 2016 video when she was working for Cruz: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUhK40_J90k

And then look at the Cooper video from today.

All of the life has been drained from her eyes and her soul is gone. When she was working for Cruz her smile at times actually seemed real, but ever since working for Trump it's like she became a demonic crypt keeper.
I wonder if she'd just come out of one of Trump's rages before that. He probably screamed at her. Either that or she's just worn out from the insanity.

Polarbear

Banned
At this point I have no clue what game MSNBC is trying to play here. Honestly I don't think they know either.

Joe Scarborough will do anything and everything to get another interview with Trump, nothing else in the world matters more to him and I'm guessing he has as much pull with the higher ups as anyone on the network.

At this point I have no clue what game MSNBC is trying to play here. Honestly I don't think they know either.

If the case turns out to be nothing, MSNBC gets a bump in the mainstream press world and among Trump's administration.

If the case ends up getting Trump impeached, MSNBC is still, well, MSNBC.

I'm guessing they have little to lose and are playing as such.

If the case turns out to be nothing, MSNBC gets a bump in the mainstream press world and among Trump's administration.

If the case ends up getting Trump impeached, MSNBC is still, well, MSNBC.

I'm guessing they have little to lose and are playing as such.

It's an incredibly cynical game to be playing with first amendment rights under active threat, but they can do them. I'm just glad CNN and others have found their will to fight.

Durden77

Thanks for the response. You are correct; the only thing that can defeat Trump is Republicans. Trump has already started a war with Democrats, The Media, Hollywood, and the Intelligence Community. Any one of those that Trump is at war with tries to impeach him, it will cause major/horrible uproar amongst his fanbase. Our only hope is the republicans.

Well see the thing is....he's actually started wars with Republicans too....

Republicans taking out Trump IS the safest way to go. But even then there still would be uproar. He's radicalized a group so much that many of them are willing to turn against their party at this point. He's kind of made his own party that just used Republicans as an in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom