• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an incredibly cynical game to be playing with first amendment rights under active threat, but they can do them. I'm just glad CNN and others have found their will to fight.

When you're camping in the woods and a bear comes for your food, there's always one shithead in your group who decides that now's a good time to swipe your snacks, even though the bear will kill them eventually, especially since they didn't bother to help fight the bear in the first place.

Now we just hope that there's still enough people to wrestle the bear.

guek

Banned
fanfic time: what if it turns out Obama's been playing chess while Trump played checkers? What if the IC has known something legitimately treasonous but have been sitting on it for some period of time, maneuvering Trump until it's the optimal time to spring everything on him right before the inauguration?

3o7qE1bQOcKqwBGUQ8.gif

wishful thinking

Syncytia

Did you guys watch the Anderson Cooper and Conway craziness earlier? I assume it was already linked earlier but this thread is very chaotic to sift through.

The entire segment got me pretty agitated and I'm usually a pretty calm person.

Damn. I'm not even 2 minutes in and... I'm about to rage. Is the stuff with Carl Bernstein part of the video? I want to watch him as well based on posts here about it.

Did you guys watch the Anderson Cooper and Conway craziness earlier? I assume it was already linked earlier but this thread is very chaotic to sift through.

This lady is a Russian agent and needs to be banned from the media. She's lying all the time. Seth fucking Myers? Get her off everything.

This 25 minute conversation(Russian Propaganda) goes on way too long. As I said before these Trump surrogates need to stop being regulars(paid). Pull in generic Republicans of the day to get the right's(Russian's) view.

This evening, I had the opportunity to speak with President-elect Donald Trump to discuss recent media reports about our briefing last Friday. I expressed my profound dismay at the leaks that have been appearing in the press, and we both agreed that they are extremely corrosive and damaging to our national security.

We also discussed the private security company document, which was widely circulated in recent months among the media, members of Congress and Congressional staff even before the IC became aware of it. I emphasized that this document is not a U.S. Intelligence Community product and that I do not believe the leaks came from within the IC. The IC has not made any judgment that the information in this document is reliable, and we did not rely upon it in any way for our conclusions. However, part of our obligation is to ensure that policymakers are provided with the fullest possible picture of any matters that might affect national security.

President-elect Trump again affirmed his appreciation for all the men and women serving in the Intelligence Community, and I assured him that the IC stands ready to serve his Administration and the American people.

People with authority need to come forward and verify this stuff. There's such a ridiculous amount of smoke, yet no fire yet. I'm guessing it's out of fear of having their identity known, or something deeper.
Individuals that Putin considers a threat have a tendency of being shot 50m away from the Kremlin without any traces or end up getting a suden case of lethal radiation poisoning in the middle of London.

If the Ex-MI6 agent makes himself public he will end up on top of the GRU and FSB kill lists.

Desperado

President-elect Trump again affirmed his appreciation for all the men and women serving in the Intelligence Community, and I assured him that the IC stands ready to serve his Administration and the American people.

Sorry, I don't think it's possible to do both.

Individuals that Putin considers a threat have a tendency of being shot 50m away from the Kremlin without any traces or end up getting a suden case of lethal radiation poisoning in the middle of London.

If the Ex-MI6 agent makes himself public he will end up on top of the GRU and FSB kill lists.

His name is public. WSJ published it this morning.

I really don't think they TRIED to go after Trump. Personally Trump is a fucking idiot and they probably had shit on him and were close in ties. Then he ran for president and they started helping him because why the fuck not, obviously Trump would fuck things up. When he won the nomination is when they really put the foot on the gas pedal it seems.

Interesting. Also, one last question - Trump's stance on energy independence (gas and oil) and military improvements and nuclear armament increase - wouldn't those things hurt the Russian economy / be antagonistic towards Russia?

devilhawk

fanfic time: what if it turns out Obama's been playing chess while Trump played checkers? What if the IC has known something legitimately treasonous but have been sitting on it for some period of time, maneuvering Trump until it's the optimal time to spring everything on him right before the inauguration?

http://i.giphy.com/3o7qE1bQOcKqwBGUQ8.gif[/IM

wishful thinking[/QUOTE]
Nah, I'm not actually sure Obama is going to come out of this looking all that well. As we learn more and more about what intelligence and Obama knew and for how long, his stance of not wanting to appear to politicize this or just hoping Hillary wins and it goes away starts to look pretty poor.

I cant believe the amount of times she told CNN that they better clean house for reporting this fake news but couldn't specify what was fake about it. She started to sound threatening about the 5th time she said it towards the end; where she said that while the Trump administration is in favor of freedom of the press that there is also some responsibility they should share.

Nah, I'm not actually sure Obama is going to come out of this looking all that well. As we learn more and more about what intelligence and Obama knew and for how long, his stance of not politicizing this or just hoping Hillary wins and it goes away starts to look pretty poor.

Really, what was he supposed to do? Republicans still go on about how he's a secret Muslim trying to replace the constitution with Sharia law. He's not wrong to think people would have blindly accused him of trying to sway the election. And as long as there's no "hard proof" to these claims, Republicans would have ignored them even harder than they are now.

brau

I cant believe the amount of times she told CNN that they better clean house for reporting this fake news but couldn't specify what was fake about it. She started to sound threatening about the 5th time she said it towards the end; where she said that while the Trump administration is in favor of freedom of the press that there is also some responsibility they should share.

TBH, any opinion of them or favor to freedom of the press is all good, but saying that they should probably clean office to have a better relationship is all bull. People will disagree with polls, but its no concern of theirs to see who they hire or fire. Just like in any other media or even business. Crazy how they are trying to deconstruct the media.

Also, they did say that she is really smart trying to link both Buzzfeed and CNN news together to make it stick. *sigh. its really alarming.

Stevey

So if this is all true, Trump has ties with Russia, because they wouldn't have presented him and Obama with this report unless it was true like people have been saying.
How come nothing is happening?
Wouldn't they just give it to Obama, arrest Trump for treason or whatever charge?

royalan

Really, what was he supposed to do? Republicans still go on about how he's a secret Muslim trying to replace the constitution with Sharia law. He's not wrong to think people would have blindly accused him of trying to sway the election. And as long as there's no "hard proof" to these claims, Republicans would have ignored them even harder than they are now.

If you're going to be fucked either way, do what's right.

So if this is all true, Trump has ties with Russia, because they wouldn't have presented him and Obama with this report unless it was true like people have been saying.
How come nothing is happening?
Wouldn't they just give it to Obama, arrest Trump for treason or whatever charge?

They're still investigating.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

15 minutes in and I had to stop.

I've seen tons of Conway interviews and they all go the same way, I don't think I've actually seen her answer a single question, all he does is try and move the conversation elsewhere.

Also, I like how she is still blaming Hillary for shit. 4 years from now, when she has to make up some bullshit for the dumb shit Trump did that day, she will still bring up Hillary.

mjp2417

Banned

3o7qE1bQOcKqwBGUQ8.gif

wishful thinking

Obama wasn't trying to get Mike Pence/Paul Ryan in the Oval Office. Obama didn't publicize this for the same reason sane folks justly criticized James Comey for publicizing his VERY IMPORTANT ongoing investigation into Huma Abedin's duplicate emails. There's no there there yet. It's still an ongoing investigation.

devilhawk

Sure, that's fine, but as to the poster I replied to, I wouldn't call that "playing chess."

Ozigizo

Never say never (or no way)

As much as I'm begging for everything to turn out exactly as we hope, I'm keeping my expectations at "expect the absolute worst, nothing will happen"

This is where I'm at right now. I don't want to get my hopes up because the crash is literally depressing.

Never say never (or no way)

As much as I'm begging for everything to turn out exactly as we hope, I'm keeping my expectations at "expect the absolute worst, nothing will happen"

My problem is that the absolute worst case isn't that nothing happens, it's that Trump destroys the intelligence agencies after being inaugurated and the fascist nightmare begins. I'd rather not dwell on that possibility too much...

UberTag

My problem is that the absolute worst case isn't that nothing happens, it's that Trump destroys the intelligence agencies after being inaugurated and the fascist nightmare begins. I'd rather not dwell on that possibility too much...
At least we'll all have front row seats as we watch this train wreck unfold in real-time.

BowieZ

Banned
The whole Trump conference (and appointment of Tillerson etc) seriously gives me 1984 vibes, particularly the theme of an adored leader implementing "Transferred Nationalism".

Per Wikipedia:

Transferred nationalism: In mid-sentence an orator changes the enemy of Oceania; the crowd instantly transfers their hatred to the new enemy.

Transferred nationalism swiftly redirects emotions from one power unit to another (e.g., Communism, Pacifism, Colour Feeling and Class Feeling).

This happened during a Party Rally against the original enemy Eurasia, when the orator suddenly switches enemy in midsentence, the crowd goes wild and destroys the posters that are now against their new friend (Eurasia) and many say that this must be the act of an agent of their new enemy (and former friend) Eastasia. Even though many of the crowd must have put up the posters before the rally, they now say that the enemy has always been Eastasia.

O'Brien concludes: "The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power."

Although it's taking slightly longer than one sentence, Trump is pulling off the transfer of nationalism from anti-Russia to pro-Russia.

There is mastery at work, here, and it's unsettling and dangerous.

Nah, I'm not actually sure Obama is going to come out of this looking all that well. As we learn more and more about what intelligence and Obama knew and for how long, his stance of not politicizing this or just hoping Hillary wins and it goes away starts to look pretty poor.

the timing is very important

if it was after the primary, i don't know what he could have actually done without it coming across as using the US intelligence apparatus to get an unfair advantage in an election

if it was during the primary, i guess that in theory they could have gotten away with releasing info. the question is how accurate it would be at the time.

and then there's that whole story of Democrats actually wanting Trump to win the primary because it would be easy to defeat someone who was 'unelectable', but i don't know the truth/fiction behind that angle. i would not be too surprised if they were playing a dangerous game and essentially gambling with the country's future in order to make Hillary's path smoother

mo60

That is not going to make it easier for him or his administration to hide from the truth.Doing that will force intelligence community outside the US to find the truth about trump's russia connections which will make it's way to the American people eventually.

IrishNinja

did that trump cheerleader KingBroly guy ever show up again? i'd stick to gaming side if i got exposed on half as much fuckery as that dude

Was listening to BBC radio 4 just now. Found out that Hustler and Penthouse magazines in the US have offered a $1,000,000 reward for any compromising video.

Will a disloyal FBS officer in Russia deliver?

royalan

That is not going to make it easier for him or his administration to hide from the truth.Doing that will force intelligence community outside the US to find the truth about trump's russia connections which will make it's way to the American people eventually.

By which point Trump and his administration will have stripped the American people of their ability to do anything about it.

It's time to start thinking worse case scenario, folks. I mean, our president-elect is a fascist. Why keep trying to look for a silver lining?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
did that trump cheerleader KingBroly guy ever show up again? i'd stick to gaming side if i got exposed on half as much fuckery as that dude

I skimmed the top 50 Tweets of his Twitter account and just felt all kinds of sadness and frustration. Sucks to know that some fellow GAF members are like that.

M.Bluth

God, I hate this asshole of a human being. She's consistently infuriating, just endless obvious bullshit.
May she drown with the rest of the ship.

So it seems that's not just Shep's stance, but the Fox News organization's? At least based on the phrasing. Too bad Fox is just as much to blame for this - the whole reason Trump can so effectively shut down media criticism is due to Fox themselves cultivating distrust for the media and delegitimizing it among their conservative followers all these years. It just took them until now to realize how at risk they are for it all to be turned against them as well (which has already started happening).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom