• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
By which point Trump and his administration will have stripped the American people of their ability to do anything about it.

It's time to start thinking worse case scenario, folks. I mean, our president-elect is a fascist. Why keep trying to look for a silver lining?

That kind of a worst case scenario happens and there will be blood in the streets. I'm gonna have a goddamn panic attack thinking about this shit. :-\

Crosseyes

Banned
That kind of a worst case scenario happens and there will be blood in the streets. I'm gonna have a goddamn panic attack thinking about this shit. :-
Even the best case scenario of Trump getting impeached could leave blood in the streets from having to stomp out fascist pro-Trump protestors and dealing with the Republican repealment of the ACA if it continues on course.

sphagnum

Banned
By which point Trump and his administration will have stripped the American people of their ability to do anything about it.

It's time to start thinking worse case scenario, folks. I mean, our president-elect is a fascist. Why keep trying to look for a silver lining?

Honestly I think a lot of people moderate what they want to say because they don't want to get banned.

Trouble

Banned
If Trump is impeached because of evidence that he actually colluded with Russian intelligence there won't be blood in the streets. The vast majority of his supporters will abandon him and the hardcore crazies will mostly stay on the internet like they have this whole election cycle.

M.Bluth

God, I hate this asshole of a human being. She's consistently infuriating, just endless obvious bullshit.
May she drown with the rest of the ship.

Holy fuck, I posted before I watched the entire thing. The last few minutes are insane. She's literally fucking threatening freedom of the press, no summary gives this shit its due!

Keasar

kR3gXE.gif

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow~

Finally a good start to the year.

If Trump is impeached because of evidence that he actually colluded with Russian intelligence there won't be blood in the streets. The vast majority of his supporters will abandon him and the hardcore crazies will mostly stay on the internet like they have this whole election cycle.

Most of his supporters dont give a shit if trump is a russian puppet

Lets not kid ourselves

mjp2417

Banned
So it seems that's not just Shep's stance, but the Fox News organization's? At least based on the phrasing. Too bad Fox is just as much to blame for this - the whole reason Trump can so effectively shut down media criticism is due to Fox themselves cultivating distrust for the media and delegitimizing it among their conservative followers all these years. It just took them until now to realize how at risk they are for it all to be turned against them as well (which has already started happening).

It's been lost in all the sturm und drang of this election, but Fox is in a weird, precarious position the likes of which they've never really been in before. They were never, save for Sean Hannity's openly fascist ass, all in on the Trump train, and they are being outflanked on their right by their own Frankenstein's monsters like Breitbart. They no longer are the undisputed, hegemonic right wing news outlet, and Ailes - who most likely has vindictive feelings towards them- was on team Trump. Trump's narrow electoral victory won't erase all of the fault lines and fissures on the right that emerged this election.

If there was an investigation into Trump and his team for treason with regards to Russia, would they tell him he was under investigation? Why would they brief him on this?

(I hope this is true as much as anyone else, just asking a question, I'd love to see his tiny hands in cuffs frankly)

Kaiterra

Banned
Most of his supporters dont give a shit if trump is a russian puppet

Lets not kid ourselves

They don't actually want anything for themselves or believe they have anything to lose, their priority #1 is basking in the tears and salt of everyone they hate. Absolute garbage people.

UberTag

Considering that we're talking about America, there's going to be blood in the streets no matter what the outcome.

Incidents like last summer's Orlando night club shooting are the tip of the iceberg for an enraged and armed electorate that is fuelled by hate because the only currency that matters to their government is votes, the only currency that matters to their media is clicks and tweets and wilful ignorance is actively championed by your leaders. The truth is only valued when it's convenient.

If there was an investigation into Trump and his team for treason with regards to Russia, would they tell him he was under investigation? Why would they brief him on this?

(I hope this is true as much as anyone else, just asking a question, I'd love to see his tiny hands in cuffs frankly)

I'm not sure if they would tell him he's under investigation because maybe they're gonna wire tap or some shit?

They told him that the Russians may possibly have some shit on him because he is the President Elect and should know that... if he didn't already.

I just finished watching that frustrating interview. Cooper eventually go to the point:

• Conyway feels CNN should not report on something without credible reason.
  • CNN says their reporting was on the fact that the FBI made Trump aware of the allegations, not whether or not they were true

• Cooper reiterates that they have multiple sources that Trump was notified of these.

• Conway refuses to accept this
  • Amazingly, she then admits she wasn't part of the briefing and doesn't know what was said or the content of any document.

• Cooper calls her out on the hypocrisy of her stance.

• Conway then cites an NBC report (with one source) that these rumours were never mentioned to Trump in the briefing
  • Never mentioned verbally," responds Cooper who misses the chance to ask her to weigh up the credibility of one source against "multiple" sources by CNN and "other outlets."

danthefan

I don't believe for minute the Trump will face any consequences here but the fact if he doesn't take office that Pence will... Doesn't give much comfort.

Ac30

I don't believe for minute the Trump will face any consequences here but the fact if he doesn't take office that Pence will... Doesn't give much comfort.

If Trump's team is in any way compromised his inner circle will all be under investigation. Ryan will probably get it. There is no way Pence wouldn't know.

btrboyev

If Trump's team is in any way compromised his inner circle will all be under investigation. Ryan will probably get it. There is no way Pence wouldn't know.

Pence may not know because I'm 100% convinced he and Trump don't communicate unless they need to.

At the very least Pence would mean more stability. From a domestic policy standpoint he'd be basically identical in most regards, which for most people would still be disastrous, but his foreign policy would be more reined in, and he'd also be generally far more predictable, less fascist, and less likely to plunge the world into war on a whim.

MUnited83

For you.
If the stuff in the report is true and there is evidence, his whole campaign is compromised. A Pence presidency wouldn't happen in such a case.

UberTag

This might actually be a big deal. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LFkN7QGp2c

Maybe Trump legit didn't know this was in the briefing.
My impression is that Trump was briefed in print but he couldn't be bothered to read it (because he's that disinterested in what the Intelligence community has to say to him in its present incarnation) and it was never recounted to him verbally.

So his defence here is willful ignorance. Which I suspect will be a tactic he'll employ to justify a number of his decisions and actions over the next 4 years. Whether he's being truthful or not. Most cases he probably will be so he can maintain plausible deniability with his constituents.

GTI Guy

I just finished watching that frustrating interview. Cooper eventually go to the point:

• Conyway feels CNN should not report on something without credible reason.
  • CNN says their reporting was on the fact that the FBI made Trump aware of the allegations, not whether or not they were true

• Cooper reiterates that they have multiple sources that Trump was notified of these.

• Conway refuses to accept this
  • Amazingly, she then admits she wasn't part of the briefing and doesn't know what was said or the content of any document.

• Cooper calls her out on the hypocrisy of her stance.

• Conway then cites an NBC report (with one source) that these rumours were never mentioned to Trump in the briefing
  • Never mentioned verbally," responds Cooper who misses the chance to ask her to weigh up the credibility of one source against "multiple" sources by CNN and "other outlets."

She is a horrible person.

danthefan

At the very least Pence would mean more stability. From a domestic policy standpoint he'd be basically identical in most regards, which for most people would still be disastrous, but his foreign policy would be more reined in, and he'd also be generally far more predictable, less fascist, and less likely to plunge the world into war on a whim.

Fair point on stability. He's not going to lash out at someone who doesn't like his hair. But policy is what I was thinking of.

If the stuff in the report is true and there is evidence, his whole campaign is compromised. A Pence presidency wouldn't happen in such a case.

As I said I can see zero consequences here, Trump will take office, but what happened to Nixon for example after he stepped down? Did his VP take over? It's hard to compare anything to this situation if it turns out to be true but that was a compromised presidency.

Did you guys watch the Anderson Cooper and Conway craziness earlier? I assume it was already linked earlier but this thread is very chaotic to sift through.

The entire segment got me pretty agitated and I'm usually a pretty calm person.

Yo, this woman is so fucking annoying. But I loved watching this. It shows this stuff is getting to them. They are clearly on the defensive and are in panic mode over what this will mean for Trump's Presidency, and how he will be perceived by Americans.

Wasn't Pence forced upon Trump by the GOP. Thought he wanted someone else as VP originally.

Yeah, but that adds to the man's incompetence (Trump, not Pence). He is so easily swayed by any political figure with enough tact to charm (or subtly) threaten him that he unwittingly dances to their tune (see: Putin).

Didn't you post this or something similar to this a few pages back?

Putin is standing right over him. You have to understand.

edit: Could this be one of the super trolls the intelligence community was talking about? :p

alright, BowieZ, I apologize. Not ganging up on the Russian spy. ;)

And I'm sorry. I think there's no way Obama expects his supporters to seriously get in the skin of some of these people and see where they're coming from, because where they're coming from has no merit, like at all. We've become accustomed to knowing which aspects of what President Obama says to listen to, and which ones secretly are things he says only because he is much too classy and dignified to tell us how he really feels because he believes the more positive message is the more responsible thing to do.. Some people are just beyond understanding. If we don't call them out and instead normalize them, people will begin drawing false equivalencies between the different sides. Hillary suffered from that during the campaign also. The "well, they're both bad, let's vote for other, or, better yet, not vote at all" mentality, which worked to Trump's favor.

BowieZ

Banned
Guys, please don't pile up on ThePrequelsSuck. Hopefully we can stop attacking each other.

Let's take Obama's suggestion of getting into the skin of people who lash out and try and understand where they're coming from.

I've been banned for drive-by posting before, because sometimes rage builds up and it's an easy thing to unleash it anonymously. It's not excusable, but sometimes it comes from a place of good intentions.

Irnbru

This was a 4chan prank and the media ran with it, lol.

How the weather in Russia this time of year?

I mean, I'm shocked but not shocked right now. It's kind of interesting thinking of his from an industrial perspective. You have a man willing to turn half of us global industry to shit just to prop up Russia.

BowieZ

Banned
Repeating for the new page.

Guys, please don't pile up on ThePrequelsSuck. Hopefully we can stop attacking each other.

Let's take Obama's suggestion of getting into the skin of people who lash out and try and understand where they're coming from.

I've been banned for drive-by posting before, because sometimes rage builds up and it's an easy thing to unleash it anonymously. It's not excusable, but sometimes it comes from a place of good intentions.

Sometimes it's better to just ignore people who are abjectly off base, but confronting someone over the Internet is likely to be unproductive.

mo60

The best case scenario for trump if a lot of the stuff revealed about trump's connection to russia in the last day or two actually ends up being true is for him to leave office before he gets impeached and maybe flee the country if he won't just be impeached.

UberTag

As I said I can see zero consequences here, Trump will take office, but what happened to Nixon for example after he stepped down? Did his VP take over? It's hard to compare anything to this situation if it turns out to be true but that was a compromised presidency.
Gerald Ford took over the presidency after Nixon stepped down. He is the only U.S. president to have never been elected into office directly by the people. He wasn't even on the ticket for Nixon's re-election campaign in '72. Spiro Agnew was still vice-president at the time. Ford was the House Minority Leader before being appointed as VP for the year before Nixon resigned.

Ac30

Repeating for the new page.

Sometimes it's better to just ignore people who are abjectly off base, but confronting someone over the Internet is likely to be unproductive.

Your sentiment is the right sentiment, which is why I hope he reads the linked article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom