• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garlador

Can we please impeach the Donald? This is so beyond acceptable that not even the alt-right should be defending the cheeto in chief.

Where are your morals and balls, congressional republicans?

Seriously. I'm a Republican, but I'm not insane.

It should be country above party, and this is beyond unacceptable.

Our president-elect is a national security nightmare, political liability, and a rotten human being on top of it all.

Future

We know they lied. Everyone knows they lied. But not enough care yet.

Trump supporters have proven time and time again that they just don't care about his lies

"Well at least Clinton didn't win! Whatever it takes"

It's just like voter Id laws. Republicans love shady tactics that they benefit from short term

chadskin

Former colleagues of Steele describe him as “very credible” – a sober, cautious and meticulous professional with a formidable track record.

One former foreign office official who has known Steele for 25 years and considers him a friend, said: “The idea his work is fake or a cowboy operation is false, completely untrue. Chris is an experienced and highly regarded professional. He’s not the sort of person who will simply pass on gossip.”

The official added: “If he puts something in a report he believes there’s sufficient credibility in it for it to be worth considering. Chris is a very straight guy. He could not have survived in the job he was in if he had been prone to flights of fancy or doing things in an ill-considered way.”
Over a career that spanned more than 20 years Steele did a series of different roles, but always appeared to be drawn back to Russia; he was, sources say, head of MI6’s Russia desk. When the agency was plunged into panic stations over the poisoning of its agent Alexander Litvinenko in 2006, the then chief, Sir John Scarlett, needed a trusted senior officer to plot a way through the minefield ahead – so he turned to Steele.

It was Steele, sources say, who correctly and quickly realised Litvinenko’s death was a Russian state “hit”.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...redibility-donald-trump-russia-dossier-author

TS-08

@PaulaChertok

BREAKING: Clapper confirms Trump was briefed on Russia intel dossier w/ controversial claims last Fri. So Conway, Trump lied. v @jimsciutto

C18HtpIVEAAVdeB.jpg

https://twitter.com/PaulaChertok/status/819382141511315456

Has this been posted?

This is saying they discussed it last night.

@PaulaChertok

BREAKING: Clapper confirms Trump was briefed on Russia intel dossier w/ controversial claims last Fri. So Conway, Trump lied. v @jimsciutto

C18HtpIVEAAVdeB.jpg

https://twitter.com/PaulaChertok/status/819382141511315456

Has this been posted?
Did anyone think that they'd suddenly stop lying after the election?

It will be interesting to see what happens once Trump takes office and there's no Obama/Clinton meanace around to distract his followers fromm his stream of lies.

Our president-elect is a national security nightmare, political liability, and a rotten human being on top of it all.

It's completely dangerous. I think a lot of politicians see this as an opportunity to get their agenda passed but Trump is too volatile and compromised to be playing political games. What is beyond belief is that they could still get their agenda passed with Pence in Trump's place but won't pull the trigger on impeaching Trump for... reason?

It's likely another case of someone telling him something and then making up stuff that they never said.

Trump's tweets almost perfectly coincide with Russia. People have monitored Russian media and the talking points are the same.

Putin's spokesperson calls it a "witch hunt against Trump" hours later Trump essentially Tweets the same thing.

MI6 Agent seems like the most badass man. If this is proven true and IC act on it, this guy's gonna be a hero.

it's pretty much true and I think the IC will act on it. I think they wanted to see how Donald Trump reacted after the meeting last Friday. Guess what, he acted guilty as fuck.

Donald Trump won't make it past 2 weeks after inauguration.

it's pretty much true and I think the IC will act on it. I think they wanted to see how Donald Trump reacted after the meeting last Friday. Guess what, he acted guilty as fuck.

It's funny how people consistently refer to him as an MI-5 agent. Yes he was, but in compiling this dossier, he was acting as a paid political operative. He was paid by GOP establishment figures, and later by the Clinton campaign to create this material, which he's provided with no sources or evidence. Why people here still find this document credible is beyond me. I wonder how many will eat crow when it is thoroughly discredited (I'll certainly eat crow if it is ever validated).

jelly

Yeah, I think they definitely wanted to see how Trump reacted to not necessarily this news but the other stuff previously in intelligence meetings, this was probably a bonus that does add to it. The heat will be turned up and someone might break which is what they might need in the end to prove it. 8 days.

It's funny how people consistently refer to him as an MI-5 agent. Yes he was, but in compiling this dossier, he was acting as a paid political operative. He was paid by GOP establishment figures, and later by the Clinton campaign to create this material, which he's provided with no sources or evidence. Why people here still find this document credible is beyond me. I wonder how many will eat crow when it is thoroughly discredited (I'll certainly eat crow if it is ever validated).
He was paid to find dirt - you don't pay an intelligence officer to make random crap up. You can do that on your own.

It's completely dangerous. I think a lot of politicians see this as an opportunity to get their agenda passed but Trump is too volatile and compromised to be playing political games. What is beyond belief is that they could still get their agenda passed with Pence in Trump's place but won't pull the trigger on impeaching Trump for... reason?
Because an impeachment would tarnish the entire party. They rode this man's coatails into congressional majorities and they're going to continue riding him until he sinks.

Caja 117

is MI-6

Durden77

I severely hope that CNN and any other news outlets that are with them continue pushing the fact that Trump is attacking freedom of the press, our 1st ammendment, nad our freedoms as Americans and that wasn't just something that they talked about late last night.

This is extremely important and has the potential to rile Americans up.

If it was trash, it would have been announced as trash by now. Having the entire House briefed on this tomorrow isn't exactly a small thing.

So I don't see how it's ridiculous to think some or all of it may be true given how it is being treated.

So other than an ad hominem counter arguments, you have no reason to think this is fake.

While people who believe it is real have the following evidence:

Manafort being Trump's campaign manager/advisor
Trump begging Russia to hack the DNC
Trump going to Russia multiple times
Trump changing the RNC platform to remove strong language against Russia and their attack on Ukraine
Trump never saying one negative thing about Putin while praising him ever chance he gets
Trump servers communicating secretly with Russian servers.

So yes, I do wonder why people think this is real and not fake. NOT

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
EDIT: it seems you have a history of doing this

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Aside from the fact that:
A - US Intelligence officials consider him credible.
B - He was the same person who gathered intel for the FIFA case.
C - Trump has yet to in plain words deny his team was in contact with Russia.
D- On this very page you can see Trump lied all of yesterday about having been briefed.
E- There is an ongoing investigation.

Me thinks will convince you.

groansey

You're right this dossier is unverified, but does the evidence we *do* have regarding Trump make it more or less likely to be true?

(Plus the source is credible enough for intelligence agencies to be investigating it).

rokkerkory

Why did McCain fwd it to the IC then?

To much conjecture for my taste. I'll check back in when there is a real smoking gun. Some of you are getting worked up for nothing, in my opinion.

mid83

I consider myself a moderate Republican and I'm completely disgusted with the state of the party. To see so many Republicans, both party leaders and the voting public, fall in line behind this disgusting lying sack of shit has really been sad to witness.

I'm still a registered Republican as I voted in the 2016 primary to do my part to prevent Trump winning my state primary, but I doubt that will remain true here on out. Falling in line with Trump and the GOP refusing to modernize on social issues makes it hard for me to support this party.

One person that has been great through all this is Evan McMullin, the former CIA guy who ran as an independent "conservative" candidate. He's been doing what he can before and especially since election day to point out how much of a threat Trump is to our country. He's been calling for people on both sides of the political spectrum to join together to fight this. It's too bad more Republicans aren't willing to join this fight.

So other than an ad hominem counter arguments, you have no reason to think this is fake.

While people who believe it is real have the following evidence:

Manafort being Trump's campaign manager/advisor
Trump begging Russia to hack the DNC
Trump going to Russia multiple times
Trump changing the RNC platform to remove strong language against Russia and their attack on Ukraine
Trump never saying one negative thing about Putin while praising him ever chance he gets
Trump servers communicating secretly with Russian servers.

So yes, I do wonder why people think this is real and not fake. NOT

Trump tweeting Russian talking points
This: https://twitter.com/shaunking/status/819177036056907780

Gutek

I consider myself a moderate Republican and I'm completely disgusted with the state of the party. To see so many Republicans, both party leaders and the voting public, fall in line behind this disgusting lying sack of shit has really been sad to witness.

I'm still a registered Republican as I voted in the 2016 primary to do my part to prevent Trump winning my state primary, but I doubt that will remain true here on out. Falling in line with Trump and the GOP refusing to modernize on social issues makes it hard for me to support this party.

One person that has been great through all this is Evan McMullin, the former CIA guy who ran as an independent "conservative" candidate. He's been doing what he can before and especially since election day to point out how much of a threat Trump is to our country. He's been calling for people on both sides of the political spectrum to join together to fight this. It's too bad more Republicans aren't willing to join this fight.

McMullin has been great, agreed. And I'm no fan of the republicans.

Nafai1123

Banned

No sources...except for his sources?

Makonero

McMullin has been great, agreed. And I'm no fan of the republicans.

McMullin, Lindsey Graham, McCain, and Ana Navarro have been the only conservative voices I've paid attention to because they're the only ones putting country before party at this point.

To much conjecture for my taste. I'll check back in when there is a real smoking gun. Some of you are getting worked up for nothing, in my opinion.
The very real possibility that the next United States President is in the pockets of the leader of Russia of all places is a good thing to get worked up about. These are countries that literally shape the major events of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom