• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Russian troll factories have accounts for the comment sections of podunk local newspapers, for sure they're gonna have accounts here.

More people need to realize this.

This' is one of the largest forums online and one of the top Clinton forums as well.

Obviously we have paid trolls to obscure this stuff.

pulsemyne

It's funny how people consistently refer to him as an MI-5 agent. Yes he was, but in compiling this dossier, he was acting as a paid political operative. He was paid by GOP establishment figures, and later by the Clinton campaign to create this material, which he's provided with no sources or evidence. Why people here still find this document credible is beyond me. I wonder how many will eat crow when it is thoroughly discredited (I'll certainly eat crow if it is ever validated).

MI6 and was in russia during the 1990's apparently. Would have probably been easy back then to make significant contacts within the russian power structure due to corruption etc. Remember Putin maybe liked by in the government structure but not all. It's a very fragile system he has built up around himself. It's why governments are so worried about what comes after Putin. There are lots of competing factions.
And if you don't think a man who publically said that he likes to "grab them by the pussy" wouldn't pay some hookers to do something dirty on a bed then...well lets just say people with power have a history of sexual kinks.

Yeah I mean it really sucks that his name got put out there, but having it out there and being able to look at who this information came from has done a lot to add to its credibility for the general public. I just hope he expected this and stays safe.
I just hope he doesn't die of mysterious radiation poisoning in the near future.

Ozorov

raw

There's some real discussion going on around the Web that this entire thing is one huge sham. It's completely unverified and the one detail that could be verified turned out to be false (the trip to Europe to meet Russian officials). Looks like CNN, Buzzfeed, McCain, and even some in the CIA might've got trolled HARD. We'll see. I know confirmation bias with Trump/Russia got most of you swallowing up any negative news about both subjects truth be damned, but be cautious with this one.

If it was trash, it would have been announced as trash by now. Having the entire House briefed on this tomorrow isn't exactly a small thing.

So I don't see how it's ridiculous to think some or all of it may be true given how it is being treated.

It was announced as trash by Buzzfeed when they released it.

MUnited83

For you.
There's some real discussion going on around the Web that this entire thing is one huge sham. It's completely unverified and the one detail that could be verified turned out to be false (the trip to Europe to meet Russian officials). Looks like CNN, Buzzfeed, McCain, and even some in the CIA might've got trolled HARD. We'll see. I know confirmation bias with Trump/Russia got most of you swallowing up any negative news about both subjects truth be damned, but be cautious with this one.
The detail that could be verified hasn't turned out false yet, no.

This thing started months and months ago. Nobody is getting "trolled". Actual people with experience in the intelligence business made this. But you need verification beyond a doubt for the actual agencies to come out with it.

I take that over "some discussion on the web" from random people on social media. This whole thing is a classic example of how an actual important situation gets hijacked through disinformation on social media. Once again...

It was announced as trash by Buzzfeed when they released it.
It was not. It was said to be unverified. Big difference.

There are some vile people from 4chan attempting to claim they made the document to troll the CIA, but the claim has been debunked.

That's it.

wait, the real life Web? that guy definitely knows more than the IC. why hasn't the Web briefed obama and trump on how super trolled 420 blazeit kick flip they got yet? if they know more than the IC im sure it wouldn't be hard to inform the president and president elect

edit oh you a red troll

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard

Thanks for your concern, comrade.

Got

Banned

NOT THE WEB! Oh NOES!

mdubs

Banned
Sorry, but I'm going to trust the collective reporting of New York Times and BBC among others over that of a random poster on 4chan. The Clapper memo also shows that the 4chan claim is nonsensical

Right on cue.

Nafai1123

Banned
which are? they're not even listed in this, the classified version of the report. are they too secret for Barack Obama to know?

You clearly don't know what the hell you're talking about. There was no classified version of this report. Steele compiled the report and provided it to multiple sources. It was never classified, and as such he never revealed the sources in the report for obvious reasons.

You should maybe try learning things before you blindly comment on them one way or another. Start with the NYT article. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/11/us/politics/donald-trump-russia-intelligence.html?_r=0

Oh For Fuck's sake, read the actual OP/Thread before coming in here and claiming that this is fake.

Unless fucking Christopher Steele is secretly a member of /pol/, it's not fake. All of the dumbasses who claim that this is fake have the false idea that the dossier just appeared out of nowhere, not that it was compiled by a fucking 20+ Year member of the intelligence community.

Stop coming in here and trying to start this shit, it's obviously false and an attempt to derail the thread.

which are? they're not even listed in this, the classified version of the report. are they too secret for Barack Obama to know?
You don't name sources, especially in the Intelligence community, if there is a single chance of said sources getting hit before it can be confirmed. Considering Steele's history, his sources are likely reliable. Since he cites people from inside Russia, using a direct citation of who they are is tantamount to aiding in murder.

digdug2k

I think my favorite thing about this whole thing, even just as a pretend theory in everyone's minds, is that it finally explains Trump's strange about-face in 2008. Like before that he was a borish, loudmouth, womanizing, asshole, but he wasn't a die hard FoxNews Stooge. He was a fucking New Yorker. He was friends with the Clintons. Supported Democrat stuff even. Then he changed overnight and dug into the birther shit. So weird to me.

But now it sorta makes sense. Russia black mailed him with something. Probably a video of his dick. He freaked out and agreed to support the birther shit, which just gave them more blackmail and leverage on him. And here he is now, President elect of the US. Crazy.

Or maybe he's just another racist asshole who couldn't stand a black man in the whitehouse. I doubt I'll ever find out the truth in my lifetime.

chrislowe

It's funny how people consistently refer to him as an MI-5 agent. Yes he was, but in compiling this dossier, he was acting as a paid political operative. He was paid by GOP establishment figures, and later by the Clinton campaign to create this material, which he's provided with no sources or evidence. Why people here still find this document credible is beyond me. I wonder how many will eat crow when it is thoroughly discredited (I'll certainly eat crow if it is ever validated).

You are not the only one.
Nothing really makes sense, yet people believe it.

buzzfeed said:
A dossier making explosive — but unverified — allegations that the Russian government has been “cultivating, supporting and assisting” President-elect Donald Trump for years and gained compromising information about him has been circulating among elected officials, intelligence agents, and journalists for weeks.

The dossier, which is a collection of memos written over a period of months, includes specific, unverified, and potentially unverifiable allegations of contact between Trump aides and Russian operatives, and graphic claims of sexual acts documented by the Russians. BuzzFeed News reporters in the US and Europe have been investigating various alleged facts in the dossier but have not verified or falsified them. CNN reported Tuesday that a two-page synopsis of the report was given to President Obama and Trump.

Now BuzzFeed News is publishing the full document so that Americans can make up their own minds about allegations about the president-elect that have circulated at the highest levels of the US government.

The document was prepared for political opponents of Trump by a person who is understood to be a former British intelligence agent. It is not just unconfirmed: It includes some clear errors. The report misspells the name of one company, “Alpha Group,” throughout. It is Alfa Group. The report says the settlement of Barvikha, outside Moscow, is “reserved for the residences of the top leadership and their close associates.” It is not reserved for anyone, and it is also populated by the very wealthy.

The Trump administration’s transition team did not immediately respond to BuzzFeed News’ request for comment. However, the president-elect’s attorney, Michael Cohen, told Mic that the allegations were absolutely false.

“It’s so ridiculous on so many levels,” he said. “Clearly, the person who created this did so from their imagination or did so hoping that the liberal media would run with this fake story for whatever rationale they might have.”

And Trump shot back against the reports a short time later on Twitter.

aka, it's garbage. The only good argument I've seen for releasing this document is that it lets the public know exactly what the CIA and other organizations have been making unsubstantiated innuendos about for the last several weeks. Not that it actually contains any truth value in itself.

BTW, independent reporting that is getting close to definitively proving Michael Cohen's point. Cohen says he's never been the Czech Republic, and Jake Tapper says CNN's own reporters have corroborated that claim, saying that it was likely a different person named Michael Cohen. (http://www.mediaite.com/tv/report-i...a-different-michael-cohen-who-visited-prague/)

So that's the level of credibility being applied to an MI-6 agent (sorry for the MI5 mistake earlier). Doesn't reflect well on the organization imo.

Bulk_Rate

I know this is super corny, but I summarized my thoughts of how this will play out in the form of a Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game "Crisis Card." Obviously my graphic design skills are zero.

AXjr5V4.jpg

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
HAS ANYONE MENTIONED 4CHAN YET????

Big news everyone.

4chan.

I think we should believe what those racist lunatics say.

I'm actually amazed at how often it gets mentioned. I had no idea people got their news from that site. I thought it was for like anime drawings and shit.

Zophar

aka, it's garbage. The only good argument I've seen for releasing this document is that it lets the public know exactly what the CIA and other organizations have been making unsubstantiated innuendos about for the last several weeks. Not that it actually contains any truth value in itself.

BTW, independent reporting that is getting close to definitively proving Michael Cohen's point. Cohen says he's never been the Czech Republic, and Jake Tapper says CNN's own reporters have corroborated that claim, saying that it was likely a different person named Michael Cohen. (http://www.mediaite.com/tv/report-i...a-different-michael-cohen-who-visited-prague/)

So that's the level of credibility being applied to an MI-6 agent (sorry for the MI5 mistake earlier). Doesn't reflect well on the organization imo.

back for more, eh?

I love seeing Russian trolls squirm and trying to weasel some type of "debunked" evidence out of the mounting evidence that the IC hasn't denied these allegations for a very obvious reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom