• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garlador

So the wife and I just moved to Cincinnati and got the Internet set up after being in the dark the past four days.

... What the hell is happening with our nation?! Geez, this is beyond surreal.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Undermining a military peacetime agreement formed to oppose the soviet union in a tit-for-tat deal with the successor nation representing the core of the former Soviet Union is treason. The only argument you could otherwise make would be that Russia isn't a remnant of the core of the former soviet union. Or that undermining the baltic nations in NATO doesn't fit the definition of treason, eventhough article 5 of the nato charter clearly spells out that attacking one nato member is attacking all nato members.

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/819536481794584576

There are 2 points Clapper makes here that deserve underlining. First, Intel Community has not made a judgment on info in "dossier." (1)

(2) IC has "not made any judgment that the information in this document is reliable." Also says document is not an IC product.

Clapper's meeting with Trump seems designed more to preemptively negate Trump's lies.

They clearly suspect Trump why would the IC be 100% honest with him knowing Putin will get the info.

That something like this was happening has been obvious for an entire year now.

• Trump's obsessive love and defense of Putin.
  • Trump's campaign being loaded with people like Manafort, who have worked on behalf of Russian interests in the past.
  • Trump's only input into the party platform removing language about retaliating against Russia over it's invasion and annexation of parts of Ukraine.
  • Trump's choice for Secretary of State's has no qualifications for the job and his only notable feature is a 500 billion dollar oil deal with Russia that was stopped because of sanctions.

The proof has always been in the pudding the whole time.

CHC

I really can't help but wonder if this will all just disappear like PussyGate did. No one was hiding for fear or their life after that, but then again there will probably just be some other lame ass story next week that gets everyone's attention then.

BowieZ

Banned
That something like this was happening has been obvious for an entire year now.

• Trump's obsessive love and defense of Putin.
  • Trump's campaign being loaded with people like Manafort, who have worked on behalf of Russian interests in the past.
  • Trump's only input into the party platform removing language about retaliating against Russia over it's invasion and annexation of parts of Ukraine.
  • Trump's choice for Secretary of State's has no qualifications for the job and his only notable feature is a 500 billion dollar oil deal with Russia that was stopped because of sanctions.

The proof has always been in the pudding the whole time.
Add to that the Mafia-world clientele regularly living in Trump Tower condos.

I really can't help but wonder if this will all just disappear like PussyGate did. No one was hiding for fear or their life after that, but then again there will probably just be some other lame ass story next week that gets everyone's attention then.

That scandal wasn't illegal (gross, but not illegal), this one is (if true). Big difference. The entire House didn't get classified briefings about the Access Hollywood video.

So what are the chances the republicans use this as a window to get some real dirty shit signed into law then give Trump the boot after its all done and use the "Trump did it" excuse afterwards?

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
So what are the chances the republicans use this as a window to get some real dirty shit signed into law then give Trump the boot after its all done and use the "Trump did it" excuse afterwards?
I mean, thats obviously what they want, they know everything, but they are using him. But it wont matter because the republican party will be tainted with every nomination they confirm. And the longer it takes, the more tarnished the republican party becomes.

Big Nikus

So the wife and I just moved to Cincinnati and got the Internet set up after being in the dark the past four days.

Well I've got an indoctrination theory. Trump Tower is a relay between America and deep space.
That's the only thing that makes sense.

If what is here is true and Republican's impeach Trump, it would be a surprise turn to actually protect the country over party because I don't see how it doesn't devastate the party. Ryan gets a shot to be President if Pence is swallowed by this and he gets 2 years before the country reacts to what they perceive either as the party getting behind a treasonous candidate selling the country to Russia, reversing course far too late or establishment Republicans unjustly taking down their hero. How do you turn that positive?

If what is here is true and Republican's impeach Trump, it would be a surprise turn to actual protect the country over party because I don't see how it doesn't devastate the party. Ryan gets a shot to be President if Pence is swallowed by this and he gets 2 years before the country reacts to what they perceive either as the party getting behind a treasonous candidate selling the country to Russia, reversing course far too late or establishment Republicans taking down their hero. How do you turn that positive?

They are cockroaches. I am convinced they can't be killed. Trump should have killed them. Unless he's a ticking time bomb, that explosion never went off.

If what is here is true and Republican's impeach Trump, it would be a surprise turn to actually protect the country over party because I don't see how it doesn't devastate the party. Ryan gets a shot to be President if Pence is swallowed by this and he gets 2 years before the country reacts to what they perceive either as the party getting behind a treasonous candidate selling the country to Russia, reversing course far too late or establishment Republicans unjustly taking down their hero. How do you turn that positive?

Blame Obama obviously.

Obama was in charge when Russia comprised the election. Its Obamas fault.

I assume that will be the logic.

Air

Banned
If those tapes are really out there, I wouldn't be surprised if they were leaked after his inauguration. That way they can have lying under oath to get a direct impeachment. I'm hoping that's not the case and this all gets figured out before, but releasing the tapes after would put trump in a very Bill Clinton situation.

Blame Obama obviously.

Obama was in charge when Russia comprised the election. Its Obamas fault.

I assume that will be the logic.

They can try and blame Obama, though he wouldn't be running and your not going to get a thousand sound bites of Obama in direct support of Trump. Also, the die-hard Trump army isn't going to be blaming Obama for a Republican led Congress impeaching their antiestablishment hero.

Fox Mulder

You turn it positive because the American public is fucking dumb.

The GOP are masters at playing their base. Even if they do take a hit, they'd be sitting as an opposition party waiting for the pendulum to inevitably swing back to them again.

Off topic, but Cincy is a pretty cool city. Lived there for a bit after college. PM me and I can recommend some good restaurants if you aren't familiar with the area.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
James Clapper called me yesterday to denounce the false and fictitious report that was illegally circulated. Made up, phony facts.Too bad!

Excuse me? It was not illegally circulated because it wasw a us report

It's likely another case of someone telling him something and then making up stuff that they never said.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/11/politics/james-clapper-donald-trump/index.html

The US director of national intelligence has denied that the intelligence community leaked claims that Russia holds compromising personal and financial information on President-elect Donald Trump.

In an unusual statement on Wednesday evening that highlighted tensions between spy chiefs and the incoming president, James Clapper, a key adviser to the US President on security and intelligence, rejected a suggestion by Trump that the agencies were responsible for the story going public.

Clapper said he told Trump that intelligence agencies made no judgement about the reliability of the allegations.

The claims were summarized in a two-page synopsis prepared for Trump and Barack Obama ahead of a national security briefing last week. Clapper's statement amounted to the first public confirmation from a US official of CNN's story that the synopsis existed and had been put together for the President, President-elect and eight Congressional leaders.

Clapper said in his statement that the synopsis was included in the briefing because "part of our obligation is to ensure that policymakers are provided with the fullest possible picture of any matters that might affect national security."

"The [intelligence community] has not made any judgment that the information in this document is reliable, and we did not rely upon it in any way for our conclusions," Clapper noted.

valkyre

So i just got a heads up about this and I am honestly stunned....

Being fake is one thing.

Having this shit as a news headline is just mind boggling by itself.

At first I couldnt believe it. I thought maybe Golden Showers refers to a company owned by Trump or something.

When I realized that it was actual golden showers talk... I simply did not know whether to laugh, or to build that fucking bunker I am thinking about.

Holy fucking shit.

Then, of course he will add the "I am very much a germaphobe" to simply convince me that this shit is for real now.

What the actual fuck

mid83

From summary in OP:

Errrr...if this were true, how in the world is Trump not in jail, let alone allowed to be elected as the next U.S. President? Didn't Obama just sanction Russia based off of similar information? The evidence is firm enough to punish Russia, but not Trump (when the allegation agaisnt him is the most damning of all)? And we just let the election move right along when our own government thought one of candidates was working with the enemy? Am I missing something here?

There isn't concrete evidence of this stuff so far. Apparently the media and most likely the intel community has been attempting to run this stuff down for months now. That said now that it's in the public eye, I imagine the amount of reporters/staff various media organizations will put on this researching this story will go up exponentially as it seemed to be a hot potato nobody wanted to touch before.

jelly

The germaphobe just makes me think he turns it around in sex to get aroused, such a little dirty germaphobe aren't you! Trump "Yeah, I'm so dirty!"

Beefy

@PaulaChertok

BREAKING: Clapper confirms Trump was briefed on Russia intel dossier w/ controversial claims last Fri. So Conway, Trump lied. v @jimsciutto

C18HtpIVEAAVdeB.jpg

https://twitter.com/PaulaChertok/status/819382141511315456

Has this been posted?

@PaulaChertok

BREAKING: Clapper confirms Trump was briefed on Russia intel dossier w/ controversial claims last Fri. So Conway, Trump lied. v @jimsciutto

C18HtpIVEAAVdeB.jpg

https://twitter.com/PaulaChertok/status/819382141511315456

Has this been posted?

Can we please impeach the Donald? This is so beyond acceptable that not even the alt-right should be defending the cheeto in chief.

Where are your morals and balls, congressional republicans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom