• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jelly

I'm actually amazed at how often it gets mentioned. I had no idea people got their news from that site. I thought it was for like anime drawings and shit.

Brain is wired to 4chan equals filth so any mention of it gets them high and clouds their judgement or the likely answer, the tidbits are flooded in social media and people believe anything.

I think my favorite thing about this whole thing, even just as a pretend theory in everyone's minds, is that it finally explains Trump's strange about-face in 2008. Like before that he was a borish, loudmouth, womanizing, asshole, but he wasn't a die hard FoxNews Stooge. He was a fucking New Yorker. He was friends with the Clintons. Supported Democrat stuff even. Then he changed overnight and dug into the birther shit. So weird to me.

But now it sorta makes sense. Russia black mailed him with something. Probably a video of his dick. He freaked out and agreed to support the birther shit, which just gave them more blackmail and leverage on him. And here he is now, President elect of the US. Crazy.

Or maybe he's just another racist asshole who couldn't stand a black man in the whitehouse. I doubt I'll ever find out the truth in my lifetime.
I think we could know if this all goes where it's heading.

You are not the only one.
Nothing really makes sense, yet people believe it.

aka, it's garbage. The only good argument I've seen for releasing this document is that it lets the public know exactly what the CIA and other organizations have been making unsubstantiated innuendos about for the last several weeks. Not that it actually contains any truth value in itself.

BTW, independent reporting that is getting close to definitively proving Michael Cohen's point. Cohen says he's never been the Czech Republic, and Jake Tapper says CNN's own reporters have corroborated that claim, saying that it was likely a different person named Michael Cohen. (http://www.mediaite.com/tv/report-i...a-different-michael-cohen-who-visited-prague/)

So that's the level of credibility being applied to an MI-6 agent (sorry for the MI5 mistake earlier). Doesn't reflect well on the organization imo.
When the IC takes it seriously enough to debrief the President, President-Elect, and the Senate on its contents, it's worthwhile for the rest of to take the claims seriously as well.

I'm getting flashbacks to lurking on GG threads and seeing a different account pop up with the same "but have you heard this?" post with some regularity.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
There's some real discussion going on around the Web that this entire thing is one huge sham. It's completely unverified and the one detail that could be verified turned out to be false (the trip to Europe to meet Russian officials). Looks like CNN, Buzzfeed, McCain, and even some in the CIA might've got trolled HARD. We'll see. I know confirmation bias with Trump/Russia got most of you swallowing up any negative news about both subjects truth be damned, but be cautious with this one.
It's more like people are getting trolled by 4chan right now.

You clearly don't know what the hell you're talking about. There was no classified version of this report. Steele compiled the report and provided it to multiple sources. It was never classified, and as such he never revealed the sources in the report for obvious reasons.

You should maybe try learning things before you blindly comment on them one way or another. Start with the NYT article. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/11/us/politics/donald-trump-russia-intelligence.html?_r=0

Via your NYT link:

GzBBM1w.png

Via the buzzfeed release:
aAEv9Va.png

Sorry I don't know what I'm talking about. Maybe you could explain what "confidential" and "top secret" mean, since I don't know.

mid83

There's some real discussion going on around the Web that this entire thing is one huge sham. It's completely unverified and the one detail that could be verified turned out to be false (the trip to Europe to meet Russian officials). Looks like CNN, Buzzfeed, McCain, and even some in the CIA might've got trolled HARD. We'll see. I know confirmation bias with Trump/Russia got most of you swallowing up any negative news about both subjects truth be damned, but be cautious with this one.

Now I'm definitely exercising caution regarding these allegations and would recommend others do the same, but most of the conversation you are referring to is likely the 4chan/reddit BS regarding how they made this document up and trolled the media.

You really need to keep to legitimate news sources on these issues, not twitter.

Raven117

It comes down to a few questions really...the rest is political theater.

(1) In what context did the IC brief the President on this 35 page document (with Clapper saying that he did brief the President on it, verbally, then we can put to bed the question of whether it was just shoved in the back of a binder).
- Was the context an example of "disinformation"
- Was the context an example of saying...hey...we dont know if this is true, but someone we have known to be credible in the past gave it to us?
- Was the context, simply...Hey Trump, this is out there and alot of the news organizations have it.. it may be a troll, it may not, but its out there. Just wanted to let ya know.

(2) What is the IC going to do to corroborate the 35 page memo? What will be Trump's instruction? This really is the most important question. What is the IC going to do to investigate the accuracy AND authenticity of this document.

Until then...we are discussing circumstantial support for either of those two questions.

Sub-question to be answered, though not as critical, but still important, is who told the press that this memo was given to Trump and Obama? That's what kicked this whole thing off..

rjinaz

It's funny how people consistently refer to him as an MI-5 agent. Yes he was, but in compiling this dossier, he was acting as a paid political operative. He was paid by GOP establishment figures, and later by the Clinton campaign to create this material, which he's provided with no sources or evidence. Why people here still find this document credible is beyond me. I wonder how many will eat crow when it is thoroughly discredited (I'll certainly eat crow if it is ever validated).

Just curious. You have said in the past that you hate Trump and find the entire Republican party repulsive. So shy are you so adamant in defending that this report is false? I'm just curious what your motivations are here? I mean it's not because you think people are out to get Trump because you shouldn't care. Is it because you are offended by what you perceive as bad journalism?

You spent a lot of time in this thread making sure we all know we are fools for believing this report. So why?

Nafai1123

Banned
Via your NYT link:

GzBBM1w.png

aAEv9Va.png

Sorry I don't know what I'm talking about. Maybe you could explain what "confidential" and "top secret" mean, since I don't know.

The top secret briefing provided to Obama and Trump contained information from Steele's report as well as reporting from other intelligence sources. It is not Steele's original, unclassified report which is what Buzzfeed published.

Durden77

Man, maybe they really were cultivating him for 5 years prior. This interview alludes to that, and it would make sense on how Trump was able to cause such an uprising. A lot of it's just shit latching on to shit, but he could have been getting plans and encouragement on how to orchestrate an uprising and put himself in power from Putin for years. Would explain how his campaign seemingly came put of nowhere and gained huge success.

aka, it's garbage. The only good argument I've seen for releasing this document is that it lets the public know exactly what the CIA and other organizations have been making unsubstantiated innuendos about for the last several weeks. Not that it actually contains any truth value in itself.

BTW, independent reporting that is getting close to definitively proving Michael Cohen's point. Cohen says he's never been the Czech Republic, and Jake Tapper says CNN's own reporters have corroborated that claim, saying that it was likely a different person named Michael Cohen. (http://www.mediaite.com/tv/report-i...a-different-michael-cohen-who-visited-prague/)

So that's the level of credibility being applied to an MI-6 agent (sorry for the MI5 mistake earlier). Doesn't reflect well on the organization imo.

Good disinfo, comrade! *passes vodka*

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Via your NYT link:

GzBBM1w.png

aAEv9Va.png

the report Trump saw in its entirety was classified. The thing buzzfeed published which was summarised in the classified report isn't. It came from a third-party not from the US or any intelligence agency.

Via your NYT link:

GzBBM1w.png

aAEv9Va.png

The Buzzfeed document and the actual intelligence report shown to Trump, Obama and other high level officials are not the same document.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Via your NYT link:

GzBBM1w.png

aAEv9Va.png

We arent even sure they are rhe same document, but:
Notice the report itself only says 'Confidential source', which means that the source of the report is confidential, not the report itself.

Gutek

Man, maybe they really were cultivating him for 5 years prior. This interview alludes to that, and it would make sense on how Trump was able to cause such an uprising. A lot of it's just shit latching on to shit, but he could have been getting plans and encouragement on how to orchestrate an uprising and put himself in power from Putin for years. Would explain how his campaign seemingly came put of nowhere and gained huge success.

I'm going to make a prediction: If there will be a smoking gun that leads to impeachment, it's going to be money going from Russia directly to his campaign.

ZOONAMI

The top secret briefing provided to Obama and Trump contained information from Steele's report as well as reporting from other intelligence sources. It is not Steele's original, unclassified report which is what Buzzfeed published.

Just stop talking to sugarhigh.

riotous

Banned
Hell, you can even do it on the same computer with an Incognito Browser.

(I'm assuming this works, it's worked on other forums where I had to switch accounts for moderation purposes)

Should work; also just using a different browser.

With chrome, i.e., edge and Firefox installed plus their respective incognito/inprivate modes you can log in to eight accounts at once!

Via your NYT link:

GzBBM1w.png

aAEv9Va.png

All that says is that the addendum/ summary of his 35 page report was part of a classified briefing. The actual 35 page report isn't classified as it done by a private citizen and has been disseminated to other private citizens prior to it's leak on buzzfeed.

Shadybiz

Lol..."people are saying..."

mid83

One thing to point out as well is that the whole #goldenshower thing is pretty much a non issue compared to the other allegations of Trump potentially working directly with or at least having contact with the Russians. I know it makes for a good joke but I feel like lots of people just read about golden showers, laugh historically, and think that's the whole issue.

This thing, if true, goes far deeper than that.

jstripes

Banned
Hell, you can even do it on the same computer with an Incognito Browser.

(I'm assuming this works, it's worked on other forums where I had to switch accounts for moderation purposes)

Nah, you'd need two browsers with different VPN settings in order to have different IP addresses.

flkraven

So how legit is all this. I've gotten most of my news lately from just browsing on here, since I deleted everything related to politics in my life after the election. Can someone impartial here let me know how legit any of this is? What are the consequences if it is all real?

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
So how legit is all this. I've gotten most of my news lately from just browsing on here, since I deleted everything related to politics in my life after the election. Can someone impartial here let me know how legit any of this is? What are the consequences if it is all real?
I dont know if anyone really is impartial, but here is one thing:
There will be senate meetings.

Got

Banned
One thing to point out as well is that the whole #goldenshower thing is pretty much a non issue compared to the other allegations of Trump potentially working directly with or at least having contact with the Russians. I know it makes for a good joke but I feel like lots of people just read about golden showers, laugh historically, and think that's the whole issue.

This thing, if true, goes far deeper than that.

i think being able to "revel" in both is reasonable as well.

The guy who brought down FIFA is the main source, major intelligence agencies and Washington officials have been passing around and investigating this stuff for months, Trump was briefed on it on Friday and adamantly lied that he never was.

If it's all real it's for sure treason, but you obviously need some good proof for that.

If all of it is real, Trump is being black mailed by Russia. And he and his team should be removed right away and tried for treason.

But we don't know at the moment if all of it is real, if parts are or if it is all bullshit. But multiple agencies are taking it seriously and at the very least Trump has some very suspicious ties to Russia. But talk about that has been going around for over a year already and nothing came of it.

Apharmd

Not gonna lie, man. It's not really possible to be impartial in this. Objectively speaking, this will be one of, if not THE worst political scandals to rock the nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom