• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Splinter

I wish I could find that quote of him saying he's NOT a germaphobe awhile back.

Edit: Hollywood Reporter interview:
Lol

To be fair, the fact that he's talking about touching people's hands does make him sound a bit of a germophobe.

Not that this has any bearing whatsoever on the golden shower thing.

Zereta

Lol

To be fair, the fact that he's talking about touching people's hands does make him sound a bit of a germaphobe.

It's also outrageous to use him being a germaphobe to debunk the idea that he acted out a personal vendetta against the Obamas. Surely, that isn't enough to serve as evidence.

Because if it was, Trump would have never been allowed to be president.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Isn't it technically illegal if it's a leaked intelligence document?
The letter from last night explicitly says it isnt an intelligence community document because it was not gathered by the intelligence community and so it is not classified. So it is not an illegally leaked intelligence document.

Audioboxer

The letter from last night explicitly says it isnt an intelligence community document because it was not gathered by the intelligence community and so it is not classified. So it is not an illegally leaked intelligence document.

Good point. I guess it's just private investigatory work then considering the ex-MI6 guy it came from? What is that classed as though? Citizen work? Citizen intelligence?

Not exactly reassuring that there is now a fracture in trust between allied intelligence communities and that the break starts with our own and the incoming administration. Jeez.

BowieZ

Banned
Oh shit. You do NOT want to piss off Israel lol.

The notion that someone close to Trump's administration (if not Trump himself) would be willing to pass on intelligence or even use it as a bartering chip with Russia who has a vested interest in Middle Eastern/Eastern European resource ownership (with an aim to exert a diplomatic grip over Israel)... if there is even a ring of truth to any of this, then Vladimir Putin is a genius mastermind far beyond the public's current acknowledgement.

If Netanyahu and his people get a whiff of this, it's over.

Lol

To be fair, the fact that he's talking about touching people's hands does make him sound a bit of a germophobe.

I mean, it's good to know he's only touching the hands of people who are near him at the time, though. At least we know he isn't terrorizing Morioh.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

The notion that someone close to Trump's administration (if not Trump himself) would be willing to pass on intelligence or even use it as a bartering chip with Russia who has a vested interest in Middle Eastern/Eastern European resource ownership... if there is even a ring of truth to any of this, then Vladimir Putin is a genius mastermind far beyond the public's current acknowledgement.
The genius is that it doesn't even require any change of policy or law or a military operation. Just the simple existence of doubt is enough to change the world for the better for Russia and for the worse for almost everyone else.

Breads

Banned

The notion that someone close to Trump's administration (if not Trump himself) would be willing to pass on intelligence or even use it as a bartering chip with Russia who has a vested interest in Middle Eastern/Eastern European resource ownership (with an aim to exert a diplomatic grip over Israel)... if there is even a ring of truth to any of this, then Vladimir Putin is a genius mastermind far beyond the public's current acknowledgement.

That or maybe there are explicit reasons why he wanted bloviating non politicians in office.

Boney

Banned
So, catching up on my news reading for today, came across this:

Politico: Ukrainian efforts to sabotage Trump backfire

This is a very long article. I'll be quoting parts of this story.

So all this eventually led to the eventual NYT article exposing Manafort's cash ties and the Pro-Russian connection and this led to Manafort's quick resignation, allegedly not working with the campaign anymore. Instead, Steve Bannon and Kellyanne Conway became the campaign heads.

Back to Politico's story:

True enough, Manafort and Corey Lewandowski were both seen in Trump Tower soon after Trump won the presidency.

Back to Politico:

We all remember this happening. It was a big thing that was quickly forgotten.

And a final bit from the Politico article:

As we search for evidence to verify that Trump, his campaign and the Kremlin were in contact during the campaign, stuff like this, with content impacted by material in the dossier are out here sitting in the open, as clear , potentially serious evidence that Trump has been working with Russia all along. Manafort is one big part of this puzzle it seems, to re-quote Politico:

Dig harder, IC and press. We gotta nail these guys.
Thank you for sharing this. If I were Chalupa i would've been scared out of my mind after the yahoo warnings.

RM8

Reddit seems to mostly believe this, which is weird to me since I perceive Reddit to be pretty... Trump friendly, it hosting /r/the_donald and all, lol.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Reddit seems to mostly believe this, which is weird to me since I perceive Reddit to be pretty... Trump friendly, it hosting /r/the_donald and all, lol.

Politics and The d are different entities.

They just happen to use the same site

Fox, MSNBC and all of theme compete and slam each other but there is a universal understanding that you do not try and take down the press. He's effectively trying to silence press and revoke their 1st amendment rights.

Even though that press event yesterday was a shitshow and typical Trump, if it did one good thing it likely united the press. They now see and understand what it means if he is not attacked and taken down.

Bannon will tell Russia everything about Israel.

Fox, MSNBC and all of theme compete and slam each other but there is a universal understanding that you do not try and take down the press. He's effectively trying to silence press and revoke their 1st amendment rights.

Even though that press event yesterday was a shitshow and typical Trump, if it did one good thing it likely united the press. They now see and understand what it means if he is not attacked and taken down.

It's just Shephard Smith. The rest of them over at Fox News will be falling in line.

Zereta

I think as the credentials of the MI6 agent have been revealed, his credibility has greatly skyrocketed.

There are allegations in here that are true. There is enough reporting from the last year to prove it, enough straight up actions by Trump to prove it.

Intelligence just needs to verify with evidence some of these claims, particularly the ones that actually matter (quid pro quo with Russia, sponsored hacking, Trump as Russian cultivated candidate). And it seems they are confident there's absolutely something there. Getting FISA permits are a big deal.

Pissed off the press, the intelligence community, the political establishment...

I mean, he did run as an outsider candidate, but usually that's supposed to be because of disruptive ideas and inflexible morals, not because you're just prone to shooting your mouth off in public and pissing everyone off.

My advice, Trump: go in hard on the military next. You had a good basis built up with how you know more than the generals of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and former POWs are losers, but you need to step your game up if you're going to completely lose the support of another one of the pillars of legitimate power.

Zereta

Listening to a NPR One story about James Mattis' confirmation hearing with an interview with Jim Inhofe.

He thinks the report is completely false, tells people touting it to accept that Trump has won and to move on.

More importantly, when told that McCain gave the report to FBI, meaning he probably thought it was important, Inhofe dismisses it with the old "Well, it's well known that McCain was never really with Trump soooooo...."

He also says that FBI probably shouldn't investigate these claims.

I guess we're beginning to see how the GOP will try to cover this all up if any of this proves to be true.

(The NPR One story is also further terrifying because Inhofe basically endorses Trump and Mattis' plan to enforce American power through strength and response and supports increasing build-up of the military. So, if Trump isn't a Russian candidate anyway, it's not gonna matter. We'll all just die in the upcoming war :/)

(The NPR One story is also further terrifying because Inhofe basically endorses Trump and Mattis' plan to enforce American power through strength and response and supports increasing build-up of the military. So, if Trump isn't a Russian candidate anyway, it's not gonna matter. We'll all just die in the upcoming war :/)

What better way to bury the whole thing than to start some shit against Russia?

It's just Shephard Smith. The rest of them over at Fox News will be falling in line.

Shep doesn't get to stand up there and say that without producer approval and such. You cannot dismiss him doing this as just "it's fox, they'll fall in line". Every single news organization worth a damn (and that includes fox) saw what went down. They're not going to just roll over and accept this.

MIMIC

Banned
From summary in OP:

Russia and Trump had a mutual agreement on the DNC hack. Russia released the emails to Wikileaks in return for Trump removing mention of Russian invasion of Crimea in favor of talking about NATO financial commitments in Eastern Europe and the Baltics. Putin wanted people to stop talking Ukraine while also undermining NATO.

Errrr...if this were true, how in the world is Trump not in jail, let alone allowed to be elected as the next U.S. President? Didn't Obama just sanction Russia based off of similar information? The evidence is firm enough to punish Russia, but not Trump (when the allegation agaisnt him is the most damning of all)? And we just let the election move right along when our own government thought one of candidates was working with the enemy? Am I missing something here?

Shep doesn't get to stand up there and say that without producer approval and such. You cannot dismiss him doing this as just "it's fox, they'll fall in line". Every single news organization worth a damn (and that includes fox) saw what went down. They're not going to just roll over and accept this.

Show me anyone else on the Fox News network defending CNN and taking a stand here. Shep breaking away from the pack is not a new thing.

Zereta

From summary in OP:

Errrr...if this were true, how in the world is Trump not in jail, let alone allowed to be elected as the next U.S. President? Didn't Obama just sanction Russia based off of similar information? The evidence is firm enough to punish Russia, but not Trump (when the allegation agaisnt him is the most damning of all)? And we just let the election move right along when our own government thought one of candidates was working with the enemy? Am I missing something here?

I'm guessing the missing evidence here is something linking Trump and Manafort's removal of the Crimea stuff to the DNC Wikileaks stuff. They both happened, yes. IC probably needs some form of concrete evidence connecting the two as influencing each other.

Jobbs

Banned
From summary in OP:

No one knows for sure if it's true.

From summary in OP:

If that intel was known before it was clear he was going to be the Republican candidate, sure, he should have been arrested. Any time after say April, you're looking at the FBI intervening to arrest a political candidate and potentially Obama approving it, which would throw the entire election into chaos and potentially spark mass protests. Best thing to hope for at that point is he just loses, which he didn't, which leads to today where the best thing we can hope for is his own party to impeach him.

turmoil

Banned
Sf8O78c.png

GOLDENGATE

Trump is at press conference at Trump Tower.
Trump: No. No. Not you. No. Your organization is terrible.

COMING SOON

I can't bear it anymore lol

Audioboxer

It's probably because I don't use a lot of social media, but how do you guys even find these random tweets from people that have hardly any followers?

Searching for key words and/or some twitter profiles might be linked in known communities which have eyes checking what they are up to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom