• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Acula

Banned
PS I don't really care about your ban bet because you barely exist as a concept to me anyways

MistySlowCentipede.gif

avaya

The military leans conservative and recruits from the same poor Rust Belt states that are Tea Party controlled. If you think there isn't a violent element within that group that will necessitate a calling of the National Guard if enough of them think his removal from office is illegitimate, then you haven't been paying attention.

This is their cheeto jesus, and they project themselves onto him. Removing him for treason would be, in their minds, calling them treasonous as well, and they will react as such.

Maybe we can accelerate their demographic demise this way. I've always said General Sherman should have finished the job.

/s

Mark L

Lazy reasoning. A bad thing happened, therefore the bad thing will always happen.

Here is what I propose:

If:

Trump is found to have had communication with Russia in which he compromised NATO and its allies in some material way.

then *I* will bet something to the effect that he will not be removed from power.

presumably you will take the other side, yes?

Does anyone know where we can escrow some funds to this effect? Are there any betting sites that would also act as arbiter regarding the terms?

What odds sound good to you?

MIMIC

Banned
If that intel was known before it was clear he was going to be the Republican candidate, sure, he should have been arrested. Any time after say April, you're looking at the FBI intervening to arrest a political candidate and potentially Obama approving it, which would throw the entire election into chaos and potentially spark mass protests. Best thing to hope for at that point is he just loses, which he didn't, which leads to today where the best thing we can hope for is his own party to impeach him.

Well this is even more confusing. Win or lose, each Presidential nominee receives classified briefings. Trump received his way back in August, and a second one in September.

And according to the 35-page intelligence report, they knew that Trump was secretly feeding the Russians all the way back in July! And that the back-and-forth exchange of intelligence had been happening for at least 8 years:

-Source close to Trump campaign however confirms that regular exchange with Kremlin has existed for at least 8 years, including intelligence fed back to Russia on oligarchs' activities in US

-Russians apparently have promised not to use 'kompromat' they hold on Trump as leverage, given high-levels of voluntary co-operation forthcoming from his time
....In return, the Trump team had agreed to sideline Russian intervention in Ukraine as a campaign issue and to raise US/NATO defense commitments in the Baltics and Eastern Europe to deflect attention away from Ukraine, a priority for Putin who needed to cauterise the subject

So the next logical step is to give him classified intelligence briefings? Ummmm....what? Might as well skip the middle man and hand it to Putin himself.

This makes absolutely no sense.

Listening to NPR this morning in the car. Some guy is on saying that we shouldn't be focused on Russia, but on actual policy.

I mean.... no policy is bigger than a hostile foreign country hacking you, or your elections for that matter.

If Trump is revealed as a traitor backed by Russia, the GoP impeaches him and says, "we did what the Dems couldn't -stop Russia! They laughed when Mitt said they were the no. 1 threat!" GoP popularity smashes through the roof.

I honestly think this could be the long game.

zethren

Banned
Here is what I propose:

If:

Trump is found to have had communication with Russia in which he compromised NATO and its allies in some material way.

then *I* will bet something to the effect that he will not be removed from power.

Does anyone know where we can escrow some funds to this effect? Are there any betting sites that would also act as arbiter regarding the terms?

What? Why bother betting?

If evidence is found that should have him impeached, and he isn't, then we have much larger issues to focus on.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Real Talk: How many times are we gonna do this to ourselves? How many times are we gonna hide from reality and pretend this presidency isn't gonna happen? Because it's real, it's happening, and it isn't going away. I'm not going to pretend I have any answers or any ways to make things better. I don't think there ARE any ways to make things better. But I'm tired of living in a dreamworld.

There's really no downside other than disappointment to getting excited about potential evidence of the Trump fuckery we all suspect with high confidence exists in abundance. There really is no harm in continuing to not view his presidency as legitimate and continuing to hold hope that it will either not begin or end as soon as possible.

It's becoming increasingly clear that this is not even remotely similar to a George Bush in 2000 situation and it's much, much more serious. We should care.

Well this is even more confusing. Win or lose, each Presidential nominee receives classified briefings. Trump received his way back in August, and a second one in September.

And according to the 35-page intelligence report, they knew that Trump was secretly feeding the Russians all the way back in July! And that the back-and-forth exchange of intelligence had been happening for at least 8 years:

So the next logical step is to give him classified intelligence briefings? Ummmm....what? Might as well skip the middle man and hand it to Putin himself.

Not to burst your bubble but Russia has agents in deep just about everywhere they need to. It's very likely Putin already has access to all the confidential secrets he needs.

Ac30

All of this was unverified oppo research, and the FBI had nothing concrete - they could hardly refuse Trump briefings based on unverified, if trusted, reports.

Why would you do a banbet about this?

I mean, the chances of Trump getting the presidency away at this point is very, very low but that doesnt mean that people shouldnt hope or stop fighting against him.

People shouldnt stop even after he fets into the WH, or a year later. This is what you do when you want something.

Nekofrog

Banned
Here is what I propose:

If:

We get it, you're spiritually and mentally broken and you have given up. The rest of us aren't as weak as you and will continue to discuss this and follow it without throwing our hands up and claiming "BUT IT DOESN'T REALLY MATTER ANYWAY"

rjinaz

Was it discussed that the US spy chief James Clapper said he never told Trump the report is fake despite what Trump said at the conference and in tweets?

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSKBN14W1R8

What? Trump lied? No!
Clapper said he emphasized to Trump that the report was not produced by U.S. intelligence agencies and that they had not judged whether the information was reliable. He did not say the document was false.

By contrast, Trump suggested in a tweet on Thursday that Clapper agreed that the report was untrue.
"Sadly, you cannot rely on the president-elect's tweets or statements about what he's receiving in intelligence briefings. And that's a real problem," said Schiff, the leading Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee.

"If people really want to know what Director Clapper had to say to Donald Trump, do not rely on Donald Trump's tweets, rely on Director Clapper's statement."

The problem is, people don't want to know, including congress.

Yahsper

I would not be the least bit surprised if Merkel was spearheading this shit, because if she can destroy Trump, she'll destroy her alt-right opposition because they've married themselves to him and Putin.

Dutch is the language spoken in the Netherlands. The Telegraaf is a newspaper from the Netherlands. Has nothing to do with Merkel at all.

ZOONAMI

All of this was unverified oppo research, and the FBI had nothing concrete - they could hardly refuse Trump briefings based on unverified, if trusted, reports.

Or they could present him with non classified information or even BS and he wouldn't know the difference.

If they are at all concerned about him being compromised I doubt they are briefing him on anything sensitive enough that they wouldn't want Putin to know about.

Or they could present him with non classified information or even BS and he wouldn't know the difference.

If they are at all concerned about him being compromised I doubt they are briefing him on anything sensitive enough that they wouldn't want Putin to know about.

They'll probably tell Trump something false only to him and see if Putin gets the intel. That's how I see this cheeto going down.

Putin and Russia can no longer rely on intel from Trump. He is compromised even to the Russians now.

Puppets are only effective if no one knows you are a puppet.

I know. I'm sorry I said anything. You guys are right, after all. Trump is done, this time.

I don't think anything is really going to happen, but come on.

Just because nobody cares enough about your account to bet their accounts doesn't mean that you're wrong. Being as cynical as you want to be is fine (I know I am), but you're annoying people with the bets because nobody is interested.

guek

Banned

Depends. If they fed Trump unique intel and then see it pop up among Russian spy networks, well...

flkraven

They'll probably tell Trump something false only to him and see if Putin gets the intel. That's how I see this cheeto going down.

Putin and Russia can no longer rely on intel from Trump. He is compromised even to the Russians now.

If they were planning on doing that, it probably happened months ago.

So like, if evidence , such as tapes come out and it is all corroborated that trump is a traitor, I vote that all trump voters have their voting privileges revoked forever.

Skatterd

Next, the power grid.

Funny you should say that

CIA Director nominee Mike Pompeo is on Capitol Hill Thursday for his hearing in front of the Senate Intelligence Committee -- but that hearing was put on hold when the lights unexpectedly went out.

Committee Chairman Richard Burr (R-N.C.) gave brief opening remarks and introduced Pompeo, saying that if confirmed he will lead “what I believe to be one of our nation’s most treasured assets.”

Next, Vice Chairman Mark Warner (D-Virginia) began speaking, saying he looked forward to hearing Pompeo’s thoughts on a number of the challenges facing the CIA in 2017.

“The agency you have been nominated to head is facing a number of challenges brought on by a changing world and which will require great leadership to drive organizational adaptation to meet,” Warner said.

As Warner began to address concerns over Russian election interference, at about 10:15 a.m., the lights went out -- and C-SPAN’s cameras cut out completely.

Warner initially continued with his remarks, but ultimately took a recess because of the power issue. The hearing was moved to another room.

rjinaz

I dont think Trump lied. I just think he is too fucking stupid to understand what is being said to him. So in his head it was true but its because he is a dumb fuck.

I disagree. I think Trump knows exactly what he is doing.
Whether I'm right or you're right. We're fucked.

Sf8O78c.png

Writer Ken Bensinger (Joseph Gordon Levitt) sits at his desk in a cubicle farm, the name "Buzzfeed" visible on the wall behind him. While looking through his e-mail, he sees a new attachment saying "You'll want to see this." He takes a sip of coffee as he scrolls before his eyes bulge and he spits out the coffee.

[Joker and the Thief by Wolfmother starts playing]
vJbeFpx.gif

Bensinger runs into an office where Miriam Elder (Maya Rudolph) is talking to Mark Schoofs (Stanley Tucci), he's panicking and holding a freshly printed document.

Bensinger: Guys, guys! I think-... I think I have a story. About Trump.
Elder: Pfft. [Taking paper] Like anybody gives a... What the-...?!
[Jump cut to Schoofs reading it]
Schoofs: No, actually I agree. I agree with the "What the-..." [Waves his hand to imply the final unspoken word].
Elder: How does this happen?

EARLIER...

Jeb Bush (Will Ferrel): [Facing camera] Hi! I'm Jeb Bush, and I'd sure like to be your president.

Cut to:
Jeb looking disappointed in a dark room, talking to an advisor (Ben Schwartz).

Jeb: How is he beating us? I just don't get it.
[Shot of Donald Trump (Alec Baldwin) at a campaign rally]
Advisor: I thought you had an exclamation point at the end of your name! It's time to get to action!
Jeb: ... Yeah.
Advisor: Step up!
Jeb: YEAH!

Cut to:
Jeb is on a phone.

Jeb: Hey... Who would I talk to about.... Hiring a spy?

Cut to:
Christopher Steele (Liam Neeson) meets with Jeb in a car in a parking garage. He's very intense.

FROM ADAM MCKAY
DIRECTOR OF "THE BIG SHORT" and "ANCHORMAN"

Steele: What is it you want?
Jeb: Well, if you could just... Find something. Like, maybe he cheated on some taxes, or maybe he said something offensive.
Steele: I'll start in Russia.
Jeb: Russia?
Steele: Russia.
Jeb: Why... why would you start in Russia?
Steele: Everything bad usually happens in Russia.
Jeb: ... Oh. [Smirks] Hey. We're kind of like James Bond and M, huh. Yeah, I'm M and you're George Lazenby.
[Steele stares, stone-faced.]

LATER

[Jeb sits in his pajamas reading the paper when the phone rings.]
Jeb: [Answers] Y'ello.
Steele: This is Steele. I have your information. It's big.
Jeb: Oh. Oh! No, that's okay. I'm actually out of the race. You don't have to-...
[Pause]
Jeb: ... Like.... Number 1?

John McCain (Bill Murray) stares at a document.

John McCain: .... Ha... Hahaha!

[In a hotel suite]
Trump: How bad are we talking?
Agent 1(Jordan Peele): ... Moscow, a few years ago.
Trump: ... Ah...
Agent 2(Keegan-Michael Key): Prostitution. Blackmail... Uh...
Agent 1: Illicit business ties.
Agent 2: And...
Agent 1: And...
Agent 2: Pee.
Agent 1: Yeah, pee.
Agent 2: [Nods]
Agent 1: People are probably gonna really latch onto... the pee.
Trump: ... Uhh...

[In an office]
Kellyanne Conway (Kate McKinnon): This might not be so bad, if it comes out. You know, maybe we could spin it. Like... You're improving Russian relations.
Trump: And, hey. Maybe there was a fire in the hotel.
Conway: [Winces]
Trump: ... And there wasn't any water. Someone had to put the fire out!

THE RIDICULOUS TRUE STORY
OF THE CRAZIEST SCANDAL IN AMERICAN POLITICAL HISTORY

Putin (Steve Carrell): [Chuckles nervously]

Big montage of quick cuts of shenanigans and character's reactions as the music gets to the last "Joker and the Thief" chorus repetition. Music stops.

GOLDENGATE

Trump is at press conference at Trump Tower.
Trump: No. No. Not you. No. Your organization is terrible.

COMING SOON

After waiting for my account to be approved for so long and lurking this place for years, I can finally say this...

Lionel Mandrake, you are a beautiful bastard.

This thread makes me wonder why I even bother with an ignore list. Lots of people responding to trolls. :3

Ignoring purposefully spread misinformation is bad. That's how the fake news shit like "Pizzagate" gets traction, well informed people ignore it because it's stupid leading to less informed people believing it's true because it's not confronted. It NEEDS to be confronted every time it's brought up and shown for the lies it is, so that the light of truth can show the way for those less informed.
I'm surprised that our admin crew, who are all very intelligent people from what I've seen, let posters like "FreedomFighter" and "sugarhigh4242", among others, come into these threads and shit them up without banning them. they literally bring nothing to the discussion being had.

Ac30

Heh, it would be hilarious and fitting if all of Trump's briefings are FAKE NEWS

Biden confirms Obama and he (as well as Pres. Elect) were briefed on unsubstantiated claims against Trump

CNN first reported that the nation's top intelligence chiefs provided both the President and President-elect a two-page written synopsis of the claims, which came from a 35-page report compiled by a former British intelligence operative based on Russian sources. Intelligence agencies appended a two-page summary of the unverified allegations to documents prepared for the briefing on Russian meddling in the 2016 US presidential election.

Biden's office confirmed that the vice president said he and Obama were briefed about the claims but said that neither Biden nor Obama asked for more information about them. Biden's office also said the vice president told reporters that intelligence leaders felt obligated to tell Obama because they were planning on informing Trump. Biden also said he read the entire 35-page report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom