• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaskade

Yeah, sometimes that stuff airs first then we'll get an article with the quote. Same thing happened with the guy on BBC about those russian tapes.

pompidu

This is exactly how you topple countries that you can't win wars against. If this doesn't get nipped In the bud now, America will end. Maybe not 10 or 20 years from now. But it will happen.

Trouble

Banned
The senate just came out of a closed door meeting on the hack. A senator from Illinois just said

"I thought it was terrible but its even worse"

GY4RU6a.gif

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Wish it was a Republican senator would make it so much better.

So tomorrow we will start to get leaks of what happened in the senate or tomorrow when everyone gets it?

I expect we'll start getting leaks in the next few days, if there isn't one by Monday I will be absolutely shocked.

jstripes

Banned
This "every four years, set in stone" thing with elections is a real problem for you guys. It's a shame there's no "no confidence" clause to trigger a new one.

But then again, your politicians are geriatric children that would push that button every chance they get.

I honestly don't think, even with clear evidence of treason or even an impeachable offense, a GOP held Congress will do anything about it. With the devolving of politics into seemingly a team sport that seeks to win over doing what's right, I suspect that if they feel like they individually can profit off of this, they won't move to do anything, and their voters will reward them for it, as they already have for 30+ years.

Yamauchi

Banned
This is exactly how you topple countries that you can't win wars against. If this doesn't get nipped In the bud now, America will end. Maybe not 10 or 20 years from now. But it will happen.
It's unlikely that the US political establishment, which is by nature reactive and has an incredible lack of foresight, will be able to respond effectively to a power that is able to put forward plans that operate on a 10 or 20 year time-span. Right now that is Russia. Soon it will be China.

Dr.Acula

Banned
If Trump is revealed as a traitor backed by Russia, the GoP impeaches him and says, "we did what the Dems couldn't -stop Russia! They laughed when Mitt said they were the no. 1 threat!" GoP popularity smashes through the roof.

Mully

I expect we'll start getting leaks in the next few days, if there isn't one by Monday I will be absolutely shocked.

Friday nights are usually the standard day for leaks or really big news as of late.

I expect the Senate report to leak tomorrow night.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
This "every four years, set in stone" thing with elections is a real problem for you guys. It's a shame there's no "no confidence" clause to trigger a new one.

But then again, your politicians are geriatric children that would push that button every chance they get.

It is kind of strange there is no provision for that. What would it take for that to be allowed for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom