• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyzer

Banned
US spy chief rejects Trump's attack over Russia dossier

Washington (CNN)The US director of national intelligence has denied that the intelligence community leaked claims that Russia holds compromising personal and financial information on President-elect Donald Trump.

In an unusual statement on Wednesday evening that highlighted tensions between spy chiefs and the incoming president, James Clapper, a key adviser to the US President on security and intelligence, rejected a suggestion by Trump that the agencies were responsible for the story going public.
Clapper said he told Trump that intelligence agencies made no judgment about the reliability of the allegations.

The claims were summarized in a two-page synopsis prepared for Trump and Barack Obama ahead of a national security briefing last week. Clapper's statement amounted to the first public confirmation from a US official of CNN's story that the synopsis existed and had been put together for the President, President-elect and eight Congressional leaders.
In his first news conference as President-elect on Wednesday, Trump railed on the US intelligence agencies, suggesting they were responsible for leaking the "nonsense" to the media. Any such move by the agencies would be a "tremendous blot on their record," he said.
Before speaking with reporters, Trump went further in his attack. He said in a tweet: "Intelligence agencies should never have allowed this fake news to 'leak' into the public. One last shot at me. Are we living in Nazi Germany?" ... [more at the link]

MIMIC

Banned
All of this was unverified oppo research, and the FBI had nothing concrete - they could hardly refuse Trump briefings based on unverified, if trusted, reports.

If I'm understanding correctly, just the information about being compromised is the unverified bit....

Not to burst your bubble but Russia has agents in deep just about everywhere they need to. It's very likely Putin already has access to all the confidential secrets he needs.

Well of course there are spies. But does the U.S. know of them and then feed them more info? Especially ones with major political influence? That's the part I'm not getting.

EDIT: And Trump's going to be the President. It's past the point of hoping he loses; they know he's the winner. How is the intelligence community going to give him the most classified of briefings, knowing that he feeds intelligence to the Russians?

And the transition is just moving right along, as if nothing is happening....

boiled goose

good with gravy
This is so confusing.

So it's basically confirmed Trump was briefed?

Biden said unsubstantiated, why wouldn't the Trump camp say yes, we were briefed on unsubstantiated fake claims.

Why deny the briefing??

It's so bizarre.

Polarbear

Banned
This is so confusing.

Biden said unsubstantiated, why wouldn't the Trump camp say yes, we were briefed on unsubstantiated fake claims.

Why deny the briefing??

It's so bizarre.

They're denying it because it's real and they're flipping out.

giphy.gif

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
This is so confusing.

Why deny the briefing??

It's so bizarre.
That's the part I don't understand either. It's the intelligence community, they back their shit up.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
I think anyone who expected a pathological liar to suddenly stop lying for an arbitrary reason is crazy.

But it isn't everyone is the issue. Some had that little doubt doesn't help some news outlets are just sitting there not wanting what happened to CNN yesterday.

You need the people that were some how on the fence that voted for Trump to see everything clear. Which is happening somewhat but we can hope it happens.

The people that see that 4chan shit and believe it or have doubt about CNN are the problem.

This is so confusing.

Why deny the briefing??

It's so bizarre.

They got caught in a lie. Conway being on Seth Myers at the right time helped a shit load. Just the timing on this was amazing.

avaya

This is so confusing.

Why deny the briefing??

It's so bizarre.

You already know the answer. Everyone knows the answer. Some are just in denial. Others don't care.

Kyzer

Banned
This is so confusing.

Why deny the briefing??

It's so bizarre.

theyre playing politics because they think the IC is playing politics

Jeremy

CNN must be feeling pretty fucking proud knowing they've been vindicated like this.

Unfortunately, they and Buzzfeed are now synonymous with the dossier because of memes so I have this bad feeling it's going to be a blow regardless. I'm glad that it quashes rumors of a lawsuit for libel and slander (that may have just been some dumb bullshit, it's been a long two days).

Ok let's just say after Trump is sworn in the CIA gets conclusive proof that Trump was working with Russia.

Can they arrest Trump or might things get swept under the rug?

Is CNN not an enemy of stature and someone you d'rather not have as a politician? I am not American and always had the impression that CNN is the king of kings regarding influencial news outlets.

ZOONAMI

Look on the bright side
The white sheets will have a nice golden color to them.

Would be pretty awesome if wh master bedroom someone puts golden sheets on the bed for trumps arrival.

Probably too dense to realize someone is punting him though because he likes gold so much.

avaya

Is CNN not an enemy of stature and someone you d'rather not have as a politician? I am not American and always had the impression that CNN is the king of kings regarding influencial news outlets.

The US media like most if the anglo-saxon media world has gone to absolute shit.

IrishNinja

This is so confusing.

Why deny the briefing??

It's so bizarre.

honestly: what consequences have they had, at all, for lying & denying just about everything up to this point? why stray from that tactic now, is what i imagine their logic (as it were) is

Would be pretty awesome if wh master bedroom someone puts golden sheets on the bed for trumps arrival.

Probably too dense to realize someone is punting him though because he likes gold so much.
Maybe they'll also fill the house water tanks with collected urine from all previous officials so he can add golden baths, sinks and the whole nine yards to his collection.

studyguy

You know, when they make a film about this, I need a "Trump breaks down" scene ala Axe Attorney. This is just begging for that.

You could probably make a film just out of the instances across the past year and change of the times Trump has broken down in the face of pressure alone.

I can't speak to their influence these days(doesn't seem too hot) but CNN was embarrassing during the election, and many times before it. That doesn't discredit everything they do of course, but they can be just as infuriating as the rest of them.

IrishNinja

I can't speak to their influence these days(doesn't seem too hot) but CNN was embarrassing during the election, and many times before it. That doesn't discredit everything they do of course, but they can be just as infuriating as the rest of them.

yeah it was around then i realized i couldn't just blame my disdain entirely on don lemon

Are the summaries in the OP still the most accurate bits of info we know? Its kinda getting hard to keep track of this shitshower.

Was the pee thing part of the actual report?

So we've only had 56 closed senate sessions since 1929. 7 in the last 20 years (three of which were concerning Bill Clinton's impeachment).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom