• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
So we've only had 56 closed senate sessions since 1929. 7 in the last 20 years (three of which were concerning Bill Clinton's impeachment).
Wow, didn't know they are this rare. There were only two under Obama, one about nuclear arms reduction and one about the impeachment of a federal judge.

Raven117

Is CNN not an enemy of stature and someone you d'rather not have as a politician? I am not American and always had the impression that CNN is the king of kings regarding influencial news outlets.

CNN is at its best when it is reporting hard news stories, and on foreign conflicts.

CNN is bad when it comes to the "editorial" game that other news outlets play nowadays.

ZOONAMI

Exactly. Ryan would face a huge backlash from his constituents if he let Trump get prosecuted, so he will let him off to placate his voters.

I don't see any real backlash for impeaching trump or allowing him to be prosecuted. I don't think a large % of the population will cling to trump if all of this goes through. Just the true nut jobs.

Most people who voted for him will just shrug and say, eh I never really liked him any way.

And Ryan's constituents in Wisconsin would rather have him as president more than trump. It would be a dream come true for much of the Republican Party.

Can't say I think Trump would get pardoned if they actually go through with the impeachment. If they're doing this, it needs to go all the way.

I don't see any real backlash for impeaching trump or allowing him to be prosecuted. I don't think a large % of the population will cling to trump if all of this goes through. Just the true nut jobs.

Most people who voted for him will just shrug and say, eh I never really liked him any way.

And Ryan's constituents in Wisconsin would rather have him as president more than trump. It would be a dream come true for much of the Republican Party.

A large percentage of the people who voted for him pretty much ignored everything else that would make Trump ineligible for president, so why would they ignore treason?

I don't know where your faith in these voters comes from, but it isn't from reality.

Pence/Ryan pardon Trump and there will be actual riots.

If they actually went through with impeaching him, there is no way they would pardon him. Hell Pence would probably go down with Trump anyway, even if he came in later he would still be massively tainted by this. Most people in his campaign would be ruined. Despite Ryan / GOP backing him, they would still be able to push this off themselves somewhat and would certainly do that by not pardoning.

Because no former president/politician has lied.

lol come on GAF.

txerKXu.gif

The context of this lie is key.

Caja 117

IMO He is not getting impeached, if something comes out of this is going to be the Reps forcing him to resign citing a different reason, that way Reps dont put against them the Trump base and Trump can gloat how he is above being President.

Apharmd

Pot meet kettle.

All i'm saying is of course the man is going to lie. Presidents lie.

Deal with it or go back under your rock where everyone is honest all the time and world is made from candy and rainbows.

There's lying about sexual affairs and lying about high treason.

Pot meet kettle.

Deal with it or go back under your rock where everyone is honest all the time and world is made from candy and rainbows.
"All President's and hookers pee, so what? People have to pee

Deal with it or go back under your rock where no one has a bladder"

Pot meet kettle.

Political shading of the truth is not the same as "I don't know the guy." (has interview saying he has a relationship with him and it's a good one)

"I don't know who david duke is." (has commented about David Duke by name in the past)

"Behind me are all the documents I've reviewed related to my conflicts of interest." (folders have piles of blank pieces of paper)

Why am I wasting time point this out to you? Stop shit posting.

joms5

It took others a couple of years to produce some decent lies. He's not even president yet.

Well then prepare yourself for some whoppers from him when he's sworn in then.

Maybe he could top Nixon. In fact I would put money on it. Save many of you the suspense.

Pot meet kettle.

Has Obama or did Hillary lie about having a relationship with a foreign leader? Especially one like freaking Putin? That's why people are gonna be more upset about this lie compared to other "lies"

This is so confusing.

So it's basically confirmed Trump was briefed?

Biden said unsubstantiated, why wouldn't the Trump camp say yes, we were briefed on unsubstantiated fake claims.

Why deny the briefing??

It's so bizarre.

Unsubstantiated doesn't mean fake. All allegations/accusations are unsubstantiated until investigated.

commedieu

Banned
Because no former president/politician has lied.

lol come on GAF.

Wait. Wait. Are you under the impression the statement was made " no president or political has ever lied!"

If so, you've made a error in judgement. Easy to do if you aren't really putting a lot of focus on the discussion.

The topic is about Trump having a relationship with russia, specifically. Which he is denying. Specifically.

So a video with him continuing to lie about it, illustrates that Trump is lying about Russia and putin, as based on his own words.. he's talked to him face to face, and they have a good relationship.

Hope this helps you out. Because the thread is about Russia and trump. Trump lies about his relationship with putin.

Hope that helps too.

rjinaz

Pot meet kettle.

We should just not hold presidents accountable when they openly lie or get caught. They shouldn't be called on it at all.

Are you serious right now. Especially when serious allegations of Trump working with Russia are floating around?

Well I guess at least you are admitting he is a liar. It's a step in the right direction.

Instro

Exactly. Ryan would face a huge backlash from his constituents if he let Trump get prosecuted, so he will let him off to placate his voters.

Depends I suppose. If it happens, there is going to be severe backlash on the party regardless. The only way to mitigate that might be to draw a hard line on Trump and others.

So I'm a bit behind, but there is going to be a closed door session on this?

Pot meet kettle.

This. Vladimir Putin is your president, fair and square. About time someone had the guts to deal with it.

joms5

Political shading of the truth is not the same as "I don't know the guy." (has interview saying he has a relationship with him and it's a good one)

"I don't know who david duke is." (has commented about David Duke by name in the past)

Why am I wasting time point this out to you. Stop shit posting.

I'm not shitposting. You blind liberal.

Chances are he has a relationship (whatever the fuck that means) with Putin. But you think he's going to say that in public when the election is near or even once elected. No.

He wants to win favor with Americans. So of course he's going deny knowing him or being friends with him.

FYI: My comment about his lie was simply in relation to that video that was posted about his "relationship" with Putin. So all you radical liberals can relax and put your torches down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom