• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjinaz

It's a common theme period. "Non-Americans" come into Trump thread, defend him, then say they're not actually supporting him by defending him.

I don't get it. I guess in their minds they have nothing to lose so might as well back the person going to give them the most entertainment>

Reeks

I'm not even an American. GAF is so blind to hating on Trump they can't see past anything else. Anyone who disagrees with a Trump hater is instantly a supporter, racist, shitposter, bigot, misogynist, etc.

I know it's hard to see past our faults but if you've ever asked other communities about GAF you'll realize that people see this place as a bunch closed minded, sheltered and rude individuals with a gang mentality. If you don't tow the popular line here you get attacked. Take a step outside this place and see what people say about it. You'd be shocked.

Fuck this. Sticking to Gaming only. Wish I could ban myself from off topic.

Enjoy your sheltered existence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

Dalek

712664513845431842.gif

I'm not even an American. GAF is so blind to hating on Trump they can't see past anything else. Anyone who disagrees with a Trump hater is instantly a supporter, racist, shitposter, bigot, misogynist, etc.

I know it's hard to see past our faults but if you've ever asked other communities about GAF you'll realize that people see this place as a bunch closed minded, sheltered and rude individuals with a gang mentality. If you don't tow the popular line here you get attacked. Take a step outside this place and see what people say about it. You'd be shocked.

If you have any reasonable facts, data or information to back up the unprecedented nonsense Donald Trump and/or his surrogates claim on a daily basis, then by all means, stick around and enlighten us.

Shaanyboi

Banned

*and then proceeds to shelter oneself...

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Unfortunately the Dutch thing is a hoax (or misinformed or what have you), there was a correction posted to the same guy's twitter account.

That being said, why am I not surprised that Comey is yet again involved with personally informing Trump.

mid83

Honestly let's stop this assumption that only "liberals" post here. I'm not a liberal (I'm also not insane...which may be important) yet I get along fine for the most part here. I may not agree with everything that is posted here, but most my discussions with other posters have been very courteous and engaging. It's you, not everybody else.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Honestly let's stop this assumption that only "liberals" post here. I'm not a liberal (I'm also not insane...which may be important) yet I get along fine for the most part here. I may not agree with everything that is posted here, but most my discussions with other posters have been very courteous and engaging. It's you, not everybody else.

You know what they say about people who think everyone around them is an asshole...

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
And Conway said EVERYWHERE Trump wasn't briefed on this.

I mean it's no shock, but they've been lying from the fucking start.

That woman is NEVER showing up on the CNN again. She straight up said CNN people should be fired if it is false. She doesn't want to show up to Cooper's Thunderdome.

Durden77

I'm starting to realize one of the craziest parts about all this shit is why the fuck was Trump not investigated more throughout the campaign.

As amazing as the MI-6 agent is, because he's not an offical US agent his information must remain unverified. If we actually had agents out there doing half the work he was doing, Trump would be gone by now.

There have been so many things throughout the past year that should have tipped our IC off to warrant an investigation on Trump. Yet somehow we didn't do shit, and now the fate of our country hangs in this single MI-6's (which luckily was hired, could just as easily not have been) hands, bless him.

It's horseshit.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Okay, so just to be sure I am following this...

People are suggesting there is a planet in an alternate universe where he'd be impeached or be forced to resign becuase he lied about the happening of a briefing? (No way)
Or are those people talking about "if proven true" type scenarios?
Or am I missing something?

I'm starting to realize one of the craziest parts about all this shit is why the fuck was Trump not investigated more throughout the campaign.

As amazing as the MI-6 agent is, because he's not an offical US agent his information must remain unverified. If we actually had agents out there doing half the work he was doing, Trump would be gone by now.

There have been so many things throughout the past year that should have tipped our IC off to warrant an investigation on Trump. Yet somehow we didn't do shit, and now the fate of our country hangs in this single MI-6's (which luckily was hired, could just as easily not have been) hands, bless him.

It's horseshit.

Everyone loves a parade.

It must be very strange to brief the President Elect on something like this and then see him and his surrogates blatantly lie to the American people. It's like they think they are still dealing with campaign insiders and not independent impartial Government agencies.

Skatterd

It's horseshit.

They didn't think he would win.

ZOONAMI

There have been so many things throughout the past year that should have tipped our IC off to warrant an investigation on Trump. Yet somehow we didn't do shit, and now the fate of our country hangs in this MI-6's (which luckily was hired, could just as easily not have been) hands, bless him.

It's horseshit.

Yeah if the fucking corporate man is gonna run a damn background check on every bloke for your average job why does the CIA not vet the fuck out any candidate for high crimes and just arrest their ass months out so there's time to nominate someone else?

How many accounts will you be liable for destroying because of this thread

Every time he does this, the "receipts" contain mostly valid arguments and uncontroversial statements. Meanwhile he's making every accusation under the sun and calling names. I believe I was "leftist swine" yesterday. It was definitely pork related.

norm9

People are suggesting there is a planet in an alternate universe where he'd be impeached or be forced to resign becuase he lied about the happening of a briefing? (No way)

You're missing something.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Yeah if the fucking corporate man is gonna run a damn background check on every bloke for your average job why does the CIA not vet the fuck out any candidate for high crimes and just arrest their ass months out so there's time to nominate someone else?

$$$$
Poor people get vetted for everything.
But if you're rich enough to run a campaign, and try to run for the most important office in the world, it's okay!

avaya

Despite Zucker playing best buddies with Trump there is wider angle on CNN wanting to be more aggressive against Trump.

It's ATT-Time Warner.

TWX owns CNN. Bannon want's the deal canned, Stephenson went to the golden shit heap today to have a 1-on-1 with proto-Hitler. Trump has made many comments that he is against the deal.

Jeff Bewkes (CEO TWX) may well have over ruled Zucker. Bewkes stands to make $400m from the deal alone.

Without Trump a Republican DoJ will definitely waive it through.

It's a stretch but not far fetched.

rjinaz

Nobody is thinking that at all. We're just calling Trump out for being caught lying, again.

The impeachment talk is only about the possible Russian implications.

Vestal

It's horseshit.

Apparently there were attempts back in July and August to get secret warrants into communications with the Russian government which the FISA court denied twice(fyi, over the years the fisa court has denied a grand total of .3% of requests)

A lot of the problems come from the need of our sitting government to not seem partial to one candidate and leveraging the weight of the government against a candidate during an election. They made a mistake in this regard.

GTI Guy

So let me make sure I get what we got so far.

People briefed Trump on this dossier last Friday in a summary. Likely saying hey there's this document floating out there and someone might leak it you should be aware of what it says. We cannot substantiate it at this time but just to make sure you know what may hit the fan here you go.

CNN reports that such information was stated to Trump. Then buzzfeed releases the document.

Trump says it's all BS and he was never briefed and incorrectly blames CNN for reporting 'fake news'

So we got Trump lying (this is nothing new or special) about receiving information in a classified meeting about some unsubstantiated information.

Ok so unless the document contents become proven, nothing is gonna happen.

That woman is NEVER showing up on the CNN again. She straight up said CNN people should be fired if it is false. She doesn't want to show up to Cooper's Thunderdome.

Yes she will. That's how narcissism works. Even if they play her lying, she will go off on some tangent and never actually address it, and then lie about lying if pressured.

ZOONAMI

It's just confusing they would lie about being briefed on it when it should be pretty clear it would come out pretty quickly that they were briefed on it (CNN reported on it so it already had come out lol).

It's not like anyone is lying under oath or anything. It just looks bad.

avaya

Maybe the IC didn't expect Trump to actually turn on them the way he has.

No, they expected it potentially for sure. The Israel story alone confirms this - they briefed Mossad that any intel shared with PEOTUS could make it's way to Russia then Iran/Syria.

I'm sure the 1000th time Trump has gotten caught lying is finally going to bring him down this time. The people he surrounds himself with and comments he made all makes it crystal clear he is in Putin's pocket.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
It's just confusing they would lie about being briefed on it when it should be pretty clear it would come out pretty quickly that they were briefed on it.

It's not like anyone is lying under oath or anything. It just looks bad.
Yeah it's more of the same from Trump though. Awful manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom