• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twio

That woman is NEVER showing up on the CNN again. She straight up said CNN people should be fired if it is false. She doesn't want to show up to Cooper's Thunderdome.

She's a propaganda minister, she doesn't care if she's called out for being a liar

She spins shit and dumb asses believe her even though you could poke a hole through any point she makes with a gentle breeze

Syncytia

That woman is NEVER showing up on the CNN again. She straight up said CNN people should be fired if it is false. She doesn't want to show up to Cooper's Thunderdome.

I was really hoping at some point that Anderson would say "So, if our reporting is accurate, who's heads in the Trump camp are going to roll?"

So let me make sure I get what we got so far.

People briefed Trump on this dossier last Friday in a summary. Likely saying hey there's this document floating out there and someone might leak it you should be aware of what it says. We cannot substantiate it at this time but just to make sure you know what may hit the fan here you go.

CNN reports that such information was stated to Trump. Then buzzfeed releases the document.

Trump says it's all BS and he was never briefed and incorrectly blames CNN for reporting 'fake news'

So we got Trump lying (this is nothing new or special) about receiving information in a classified meeting about some unsubstantiated information.

Ok so unless the document contents become proven, nothing is gonna happen.
Pretty much ...... Trump isn't going anywhere we are stuck with this turd

Every time he does this, the "receipts" contain mostly valid arguments and uncontroversial statements. Meanwhile he's making every accusation under the sun and calling names. I believe I was "leftist swine" yesterday. It was definitely pork related.

Oh look who returns.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=228113195&postcount=3036
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=228111695&postcount=7978
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=228107681&postcount=7849
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=228098737&postcount=2850
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=228084736&postcount=283
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=228056405&postcount=274
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=228033618&postcount=210
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=228026298&postcount=169
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=228023910&postcount=165
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=228022366&postcount=160
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=228009802&postcount=57
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=226709309
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=226653083&postcount=697
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=226655183&postcount=743
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=225202647&postcount=111

That Trudeau stairs video is meant to be dumb and funny, why is this being used to discredit him? lol
Because he was literally using that video to suggest that Trudeau is as bad as Harper.

ZOONAMI

People briefed Trump on this dossier last Friday in a summary. Likely saying hey there's this document floating out there and someone might leak it you should be aware of what it says. We cannot substantiate it at this time but just to make sure you know what may hit the fan here you go.

CNN reports that such information was stated to Trump. Then buzzfeed releases the document.

Trump says it's all BS and he was never briefed and incorrectly blames CNN for reporting 'fake news'

So we got Trump lying (this is nothing new or special) about receiving information in a classified meeting about some unsubstantiated information.

Yeah, but given the source of the intel, it seems fairly likely the information is good, it's just a matter of whether or not it can be corroborated.

IC telling Israel not to trust trump suggests to me that they have backed some things up.

Durden77

Apparently there were attempts back in July and August to get secret warrants into communications with the Russian government which the FISA court denied twice(fyi, over the years the fisa court has denied a grand total of .3% of requests)

A lot of the problems come from the need of our sitting government to not seem partial to one candidate and leveraging the weight of the government against a candidate during an election. They made a mistake in this regard.

And I can understand this, but when a canidate is willingly asking a foriegn country to attack our nation's cyber security for his own gain, among Manafort, among his multiple times saying he has a relationship with Putin, among his tax returns, among....fucking EVERYTHING....like COMON.

What's done is done now. It's just insanity. Thank god someone wised ip enougj to hire this agent, and thank god he's as good as he is.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status

Close. You don't know whether the CNN report is the same one buzzfeed released. CNN has been very careful to point this out.
Oh and there was a closed session today.

Mully

I'm starting to realize one of the craziest parts about all this shit is why the fuck was Trump not investigated more throughout the campaign.

As amazing as the MI-6 agent is, because he's not an offical US agent his information must remain unverified. If we actually had agents out there doing half the work he was doing, Trump would be gone by now.

There have been so many things throughout the past year that should have tipped our IC off to warrant an investigation on Trump. Yet somehow we didn't do shit, and now the fate of our country hangs in this single MI-6's (which luckily was hired, could just as easily not have been) hands, bless him.

It's horseshit.

No one believed Trump would win and the investigative media thought his comments and statements would sink his campaign in the primaries. By the time journalists took him seriously, it was August. There wasn't enough time to perform thorough investigations by November 8th.

I'm starting to realize one of the craziest parts about all this shit is why the fuck was Trump not investigated more throughout the campaign.

As amazing as the MI-6 agent is, because he's not an offical US agent his information must remain unverified. If we actually had agents out there doing half the work he was doing, Trump would be gone by now.

There have been so many things throughout the past year that should have tipped our IC off to warrant an investigation on Trump. Yet somehow we didn't do shit, and now the fate of our country hangs in this single MI-6's (which luckily was hired, could just as easily not have been) hands, bless him.

It's horseshit.

Courts wouldn't give FISA and FBI is led by Comey, an known ally to Trump.

Reeks

If this wasn't feasible, we would not be having this conversation.

Komo

Banned
I'm not even an American. GAF is so blind to hating on Trump they can't see past anything else. Anyone who disagrees with a Trump hater is instantly a supporter, racist, shitposter, bigot, misogynist, etc.

I know it's hard to see past our faults but if you've ever asked other communities about GAF you'll realize that people see this place as a bunch closed minded, sheltered and rude individuals with a gang mentality. If you don't tow the popular line here you get attacked. Take a step outside this place and see what people say about it. You'd be shocked.

Fuck this. Sticking to Gaming only. Wish I could ban myself from off topic.

Enjoy your sheltered existence.

I completely agree. GAF is the purest definition of a far-left echo chamber on the internet, right next to those small, sheltered Tumblr communities.

Trump sucks, yeah. He's unfit for president, and he's a terrible human being. But, you wouldn't dare speak out against Hilary during the '16 election here. IIRC, any threads even vaguely critical of Hillary were locked.

Inb4 I get banned and/or lynched for this post

Polarbear

Banned
I completely agree. GAF is the purest definition of a far-left echo chamber on the internet, right next to those small, sheltered Tumblr communities.

Trump sucks, yeah. He's unfit for president, and he's a terrible human being. But, you wouldn't dare speak out against Hilary during the '16 election here. IIRC, any threads even vaguely critical of Hillary were locked.

Remind me when Hillary colluded with Putin, insulted the disabled, or joked about sexual harassment and rape.

Don't get me wrong I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt, but I wouldn't quite call Hillary-GAF "far left". Especially when you have all of the actual far left trying to use this election to blame everything on "neoliberalism" and "clintonism".

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Why did they think it was wise to lie like this? Did they seriously think nobody was going to say anything or did they just not care?
They thought it was secret matter only known to them and Obama.

They didnt think the director of intelligence would come out with the truth, they didnt think Biden would come out woth the truth. They thought everyone was like Obama.

Hypron

You don't know what far left means.

rjinaz

That's all you needed to say really. It's understandable then why "GAF" thinks Trump sucks.

KingV

Yeah if the fucking corporate man is gonna run a damn background check on every bloke for your average job why does the CIA not vet the fuck out any candidate for high crimes and just arrest their ass months out so there's time to nominate someone else?

My guess it's because they don't want to be accused of meddling in an election.

In this case I think it's warranted, and I think there probably should be some kind of Potemkin candidate legislation that mandates some sort of background check as people enter the presidential race, but I'm not really comfortable with sitting Presidents being able to order deep diving into the history of people he views to be political opponents. Thats been abused in the past.

Vixdean

My thinking right now is that the IC has concluded that it's highly probable that Russia has something on Trump. They are trying to figure out what it is and the briefings were probably an attempt to get him to tell them what it might be. I don't think they are out to "get" him, yet, but more likely to try and protect him from blackmail. However, if he keeps publically attacking them and outright lying about briefings, then it's only going raise further suspicions within' their ranks.

Apparently there were attempts back in July and August to get secret warrants into communications with the Russian government which the FISA court denied twice(fyi, over the years the fisa court has denied a grand total of .3% of requests)

A lot of the problems come from the need of our sitting government to not seem partial to one candidate and leveraging the weight of the government against a candidate during an election. They made a mistake in this regard.

Ironic when the GOP spent the last few years and Comey as FBI director doing unprecedented things to completely come across as being against one candidate. I don't want to say it's the left trying to play by the rules and the right doesn't give a shit, but I mean how many shutdowns haave we had thanks to GOP. Shit, we were close to having the ethics committee shutdown by such an unethical party.

Alucrid

Banned

can i see some of these critical of hillary threads that were locked for no good reason?

My thinking right now is that the IC has concluded that it's highly probable that Russia has something on Trump. They are trying to figure out what it is and the briefings were probably an attempt to get him to tell them what it might be. I don't think they are out to "get" him, yet, but more likely to try and protect him from blackmail. However, if he keeps publically attacking them and outright lying about briefings, then it's only going raise further suspicions within' their ranks.
That's my understanding as well. It seems entirely possible that him and his inner circle are incompetent enough to not have measured the extent of their complacency towards Russia.

You're going to need a meeting with all the people complaining about that neoliberal hivemind.

KHarvey16

Do you mean vaguely critical or just vague criticisms? Substantive allegations or criticisms were and are allowed. Dumb bullshit isn't.

Remind me when Hillary colluded with Putin, insulted the disabled, or joked about sexual harassment and rape.
When she killed Ben Ghazi with her emails.

All kidding aside. I can see the criticism about GAF being an aggressive echochamber and I won't deny that. Myself and others get a little too aggressive with our posts and I'm not afraid to admit that, I'm trying to do it less though I wont deny that I've done it in this thread too.

That being said. That doesn't excuse you for posting stupid arguments and hurling insults. You crossed that line too so don't start crying when it comes back to you.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

This is some rewriting of history. People were hard on Hillary in every god damned thread she was mentioned in. What are you on about?

Say what you want but don't lie through your teeth about it.

ZOONAMI

My guess it's because they don't want to be accused of meddling in an election.

In this case I think it's warranted, and I think there probably should be some kind of Potemkin candidate legislation that mandates some sort of background check as people enter the presidential race, but I'm not really comfortable with sitting Presidents being able to order deep diving into the history of people he views to be political opponents. Thats been abused in the past.

Well obviously they shouldn't disclose anything that isn't high crime related, but I guess you run the risk of leaks.

Polarbear

Banned

If this document was bogus you don't think the Intel community would know by now?

The writing is on the wall. It's real, they're just doing their due diligence to make sure the evidence is rock solid. Might take them a year or they might be done before the Inauguration, no way to know, though once Trump is in office he will do everything he can to shut it down.

This is some rewriting of history. People were hard on Hillary in every god damned thread she was mentioned in. What are you on about?
A number of posters say things like "yaass queen" in hillary threads and vocally support her and suddenly "GAF" is nothing but Hillary shills. Confirmation bias?

I was never a fan of Hillary.

Ac30

Eh, while we're definitely left leaning we had email threads going for weeks/months... the post history dumps do leave a sour taste in my mouth though, as interesting as they are.

ZOONAMI

It's gonna be tough to wade through the dozens of email threads that got thousands of replies in order to find them.

If any were locked it's because they devolved into a scum fest of racism and misogyny. So yeah.

The vile type of trump supporters are the problem, not people who liked Hillary.

And go ahead and criticize Hillary. Lots of people do criticize her campaign strategy and platform and you may get some rational argument in return, but that's ok. Not everyone has to agree with you if they have sound logic and information for not agreeing. No everyone has to agree with everyone

The problem is when ignorant posters come into the thread and expects people to agree with them without any sound arguments or valid information.

That just isn't going to happen.

rjinaz

Do you mean vaguely critical or just vague criticisms? Substantive allegations or criticisms were and are allowed. Dumb bullshit isn't.

MIMIC had a personal vendetta against Clinton and I recall most of his threads, and there were many, stayed open for a while.

As a Bernie supporter, there definitely was a lot of hate of Bernie, but that's neither here or there. This is about Trump and Russia.

Lowmelody

If they would just post criticisms of Hillary instead of posting about not being able to post about criticizing Hillary they wouldn't be so mad. :(

lol, I stand behind my post history. It's extensive and solidly liberal.

4ddb0c5118a6dd9739f9d1a039c4583f.jpg

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

1.) How about you bring some receipts?

2.) Persecution complex much? lol

MIMIC had a personal vendetta against Clinton and I recall most of his threads, and there were many, stayed open for a while.

As a Bernie supporter, there definitely was a lot of hate of Bernie, but that's neither here or there. This is about Trump and Russia.
I don't think anyone actually hated Bernie, just the Bernie or Busters and I recall posting in the DNC thread teasing a girl for being one and some didn't take too kindly to my behavior (and were in the right considering how far it went)
I'm also now dating that same girl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom