• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who support a party that actively tries to take away people's rights except if you are white and the top 1% vs people that support a party that wants to help people and give them more rights should not be compared.

KingV

Well obviously they shouldn't disclose anything that isn't high crime related, but I guess you run the risk of leaks.

Without some sort of legislation though, you're really talking about something that's maybe unconstitutional. You're talking about targeting American citizens with intelligence services that are really intended for use on foreign governments and threats. Sure, Obama would probably do that somewhat responsibly, but Trump would likely turn it onto BLM, Planned Parenthood, DNC leaders, business leaders, etc. It's like the Patriot Act on steroids without any legislation curbing it.

It's a dangerous precedent without some sort of legislation governing it's scope and how it can be employed domestically.

But he might get lynched for his opinion

you know, dragged, hung, burned, genitals cut off for trophies

lynched, Gordon

Didn't wanna touch it, honestly..thought I'd go a little far with it..

Or any thread about the capital punishment. NeoGAF is not far left by any means.

People see what they want. This place has mood swings, which is why I hate the term "GAF" thrown around..I ain't whoever you're talking about..

Guy.brush

"What he meant when he said he has a relationship is that he doesn't really have a relationship but he does have a relationship. It was actually very clear, I'm surprised you didn't understand that. I think the american people do."

snl-conway.jpg

I think this is actually a good way to tackle someone like him, who is often lying, rambling or trying aggressively to get the journalist on the defensive.
Confront him with his own contradictory statements. Bring an ipad to an interview or press conference, prepped with his own words and play him clips from his own past statements when it fits.
As an added bonus this stuff can not be easily dismissed by his followers as it is the leader of the "movement" in his own words.

lazygecko

I think this is actually a good way to tackle someone like him, who is often lying, rambling or trying aggressively to get the journalist on the defensive.
Confront him with his own contradictory statements. Bring an ipad to an interview or press conference, prepped with his own words and play him clips from his own past statements when it fits.
As an added bonus this stuff can not be easily dismissed by his followers as it is the leader of the "movement" in his own words.

Fake! The video is edited! Don't trust computers!

Durden77

I mean, I did feel the need to make an entire thread about how Hillary bashing was usually a way to get your throat punched here.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1258653

It ended up reaching a good solid consensus, but it did get bad around here for a while. People were jumping on anyone that didn't agree with their views like a pack of wolves. In many ways IMO disregarding the ideals their party is supposed to stand for in the process, which made me the most angry. I especially remember that thread where a poster admitted he will no longer vote for Trump. That shit was it's peak, it was embarrassing.

Hard times call for hard measures, and they sure were some hard times. It pretty much came down to good vs. evil for a lot if people. I can understand that, but for a while I would not call GAF open minded at all. Which pissed me iff because that's what our entire Democracy is supposed to he based on. I always stood up for that in every thread.

Anyway. I don't know what this has to do with anything, or why I typed all this.

LMAO But you were 5..right? Right?! ��

Don't make fun of it, oldman. You're probably coming close to an age where that stuff might start again :p

Getting sick of these internet detective style posts in this thread.

Yeah man, i hate when i try to derail thread after thread with pretty much the same concern trolling and then someone goes and pulls a history of my posts showing that i'm a transparent dumbass. God damn it, GAF detectives!

Xtyle

So much of this thread is now just people fighting each other instead of the topic discussion or posting updates (I am aware there hasn't been much new development today
today).

Guy.brush

SRG01

Getting sick of these internet detective style posts in this thread.

I feel that it's completely justified in order to combat the rampant disinformation within this thread. Merely saying 'no, what you're saying are not the facts' doesn't go far enough.

I completely agree. GAF is the purest definition of a far-left echo chamber on the internet, right next to those small, sheltered Tumblr communities.

Trump sucks, yeah. He's unfit for president, and he's a terrible human being. But, you wouldn't dare speak out against Hilary during the '16 election here. IIRC, any threads even vaguely critical of Hillary were locked.

Inb4 I get banned and/or lynched for this post

As somebody who began the election cycle caucusing for Bernie Sanders, and spent most of the election cycle cruising news threads and PoliGAF OTs, this is just not true in any shape or form. If you made a thread about fucking emails or The Clinton Foundation being a slush fund, you were probably taken to task. If you complained that her messaging was weak, or that she didn't give enough press time, or that Democrats weren't managing their money in the right places, you were indulged and even agreed with on a regular basis.

People who say "wow, NeoLIB drank so much Hillary Kool Aid you couldn't say anything without getting banned!!" were probably saying stuff like "she killed those people in Benghazi" or "she's just as bad as Trump". There are a lot of passionate progressives here and a lot of well-educated conservatives. The reason HRC was so popular here was because, once she secured the nomination, she was the only reasonable and moral choice for the presidency.

You had a lot to prove if you thought DJT should be president, and you still do, and if you can't make that argument without falling apart, your argument sucks and so do you.

And, like, come on. There is nothing "far-left" about Hillary Clinton. She was a pragmatic centrist who was much too moderate for millions of liberals who took comfort in Bernie Sanders in the meantime.

She had my vote and I was happy to eventually vote for her. But calling her supporters "far-left" is only an indication of how far-right the republicans have gone.

So much of this thread is now just people fighting each other instead of the topic discussion or posting updates (I am aware there hasn't been much new development today
today).

Gotta do something to fill the time while we wait for the Switch presentation.

What far left people have been in office? I'm drawing a blank.

I think he is referring to the fact that unlike the right, the left didn't fall in line when it came to the presidential election where as republicans did. People actively campaigned against Hillary on the left.

Would I have preferred Sanders v Trump? Hell ya. I still gladly voted for Clinton because I understood what a trump presidency entailed...

The far left couldn't get past their moral ego and in the process has likely screwed millions.

Add that to clinton and her campaign dropping the ball in campaigning in important states.

We are where we are.

Pomerlaw

I think he is referring to the fact that unlike the right, the left didn't fall in line when it came to the presidential election where as republicans did. People actively campaigned against Hillary on the left.

Would I have preferred Sanders v Trump? Hell ya. I still gladly voted for Clinton because I understood what a trump presidency entailed...

The far left couldn't get past their moral ego and in the process has likely screwed millions.

Add that to clinton and her campaign dropping the ball in campaigning in important states.

We are where we are.

I'm Canadian, I don't consider Sanders to be far left.

Ferrio

Banned

We are where we are.

I wouldn't classify bernie or bust people as being far left.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
People who support a party that actively tries to take away people's rights except if you are white and the top 1% vs people that support a party that wants to help people and give them more rights should not be compared.

No offense, but that's a broad generalization that misses the point of why people pick either party.

Just because someone is Republican doesn't mean they support the whole platform... like myself as a Liberal who finds a lot of the Democrats platform misguided.

It also completely misses a lot of what won Trump this election.

I always kind of laugh when people make these kinds of claims, but I assume you're probably pretty young, so you might not understand where people from all walks of life differ on how things should be done.

I mean it's Twitter

You got beef, privatize it

Or delete errthing every week like I do, blam blam bop

That's why I save all of your tweets. Don't worry, though, I take good care of it; got it all in my 'Emergency Plan to Destroy the Justice League' folder on the desktop, but it's admin-only access.

I know way too much old people and some of them have no problems sharing info that i wouldn't really want to know :(

I still have some years until i start getting concerned about that :p
Fair enough lol
That's why I save all of your tweets. Don't worry, though, I take good care of it; got it all in my 'Emergency Plan to Destroy the Justice League' folder on the desktop, but it's admin-only access.
So I hear you have information that will lead to BronsonLee's arrest/banning? I'd like to conduct some friendly sharing between amigos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom