• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ac30

Maybe it was about reassuring the Russians that their administration will lift those sanctions come Jan 20th? I think at the time even Trump was hinting on that on tweeter?

If there's any benefit to that document leaking, it's that Trump announcing the dissolution of all sanctions on the 20th will be seen as immediately suspicious.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
One thing I noticed from the hearings is how much they each contradict Trump openly on issues Trump has been very vocal about. Either they were told to say whatever they need to say to pass without too much of a fuss, or they are stating their positions to stay around if Trump gets impeached.

Who is Flynn?

Trump's NatSec advisor.

this guy to the right of Putin

flynn.jpg

mid83

Hey man it's hard out here for moderates. The far right has galvanized politics in a way that is going to take a long time to fix. I want to be able to vote for a Republican in good conscience so that my vote doesn't just go to the Democrat by default, but it's getting harder and harder to do that.

It's sad. I've seen a number of people who used to be reasonable grounded Republicans fall into this garbage and it's a big reason why so many members of Congress are just falling in line. Eric Cantor getting primaried showed them what will happen if they don't fall in line.

It's only gotten worse with Trump. I saw a comment on GAF somewhere the other day regarding how the Ohio GOP has essentially done everything it can to ensure Kaisch has no power for the remainder of his term for not supporting Trump.

Xtyle

One thing I noticed from the hearings is how much they each contradict Trump openly on issues Trump has been very vocal about. Either they were told to say whatever they need to say to pass without too much of a fuss, or they are stating their positions to stay around if Trump gets impeached.

Yea I thought about that too...seems like they just want to get in and once they are in they can do whatever they want.

Ac30

It's sad. I've seen a number of people who used to be reasonable grounded Republicans fall into this garbage and it's a big reason why so many members of Congress are just falling in line. Eric Cantor getting primaried showed them what will happen if they don't fall in line.

It's only gotten worse with Trump. I saw a comment on GAF somewhere the other day regarding how the Ohio GOP has essentially done everything it can to ensure Kaisch has no power for the remainder of his term for not supporting Trump.

Do you think it's driven a wedge in the party at all? You moderates are still a sizable voting block for the party, it would be insane if half the party has lost its marbles and you can't vote the crazies out

Zereta

I saw NBC being mentioned a few times in the thread when I was browsing at work....

0_o

wat

Either way, I'm stunned that a major news organization's report differs this greatly from everyone else's reporting.

They continued being smug about it, despite Clapper's statement and now Biden confirming otherwise.

Even before that we found out that article was written by a Russian correspondent who also writes for Moscow Today and basically wrote the exact same thing.

So yea, not a good look.

I saw NBC being mentioned a few times in the thread when I was browsing at work....

0_o

wat

Either way, I'm stunned that a major news organization's report differs this greatly from everyone else's reporting.
NBC has gone out of it's way to defend/promote Trump this past year

Ironically, here's a photo of him and Putin (and also Jill Stein lol). He was there for a state-run event where he was PAID to give a speech. I'm not sure of the date but it was prior to September 2016.

e98XnpQ.jpg

Edit: beaten on the photo!

The Washington Post interviewed him about it afterwards:

PRIEST: Let me ask about sitting next to Putin … because that’s the symbol.

FLYNN: Yeah, I know, boring.

PRIEST: But did you think about what the optics would be …

FLYNN: Sure. I didn’t have any problem. What I’m looking for is to make sure, in my view, I see a country that has lost respect for another country and if I have any sort of fiber in my body where I can help out to make sure they understand that we have people in our country who aren’t going to apologize for who we are.

We’re not going to act in a soft way for what we believe needs to be done. I was very adamant about what I said. He knows exactly what I said.

PRIEST: Did you talk to him personally?

FLYNN: No, just introduction. That’s it.

PRIEST: The seating arrangements? You didn’t ask to sit by him?

FLYNN: Nope. I was one of the guests there. … Some interesting characters. I found it a great learning opportunity. One of the things I learned was that Putin has no respect for the United States leadership. Not for the United States, but the leadership.

PRIEST: How did you learn that?

FLYNN: I just learned it from the conversations and the way questions were asked and the discussions I was part of. I’m arguing for the United States and I found myself with people wondering what’s going on with the U.S. and I would tell them, you know, of course I’m standing up for the U.S. But it’s hard when they don’t have any respect for the current leadership.

PRIEST: To broaden the discussion on the Russia question a little bit, there’s [Trump adviser] Carter Page* having business interest and Paul Manafort have business interests there.​

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...oday-is-just-like-cnn/?utm_term=.c7a4a8f1e574

*the same Carter Page Trump said he didn't know in his press conference?

tuxfool

Banned
Do you think it's driven a wedge in the party at all? You moderates are still a sizable voting block for the party, it would be insane if half the party has lost its marbles and you can't vote the crazies out

No. Moderates practically don't exist, they have either become conservative democrats, independents, or fallen in line with the crazies, happy that their "team" is winning.

Doesn't he work for the observer run by Kushner? I would assume he would be pro trump unless something is coming undone as we speak (though I know he wrote a pretty fair report a few days ago on the dossier leak).

mid83

I don't think so. I feel pretty lonely as an anti-Trump person who also agrees with Democrats on certain issues.

Is he referring to something other than Flynn being paid to speak? Because that's been known forever.
He's referring to a bunch of things. The culmination of it all, on top of it being released today that Flynn called Moscow multiple times after Obama announced the retaliation against Russia.

I think this is more for future work. Possibly related to Trump stuff but this should have been the case forever. Glad Obama is making this happen though.
While for the future. I think Russia is a thought going through their minds. Russia has reportedly been meddling and successfully up heaving many Western European countries politics. They can now add America to their list and if they don't act together than western Europe will be in chaos.
I'm not sure what else there is to say. It's been increasingly obvious since Manafort joined his campaign of his Russian ties but nothing seems to be able to get done about it.

Been lurking for a while, that John Schindler, who is he? His twitter bio says a lot, but that's an awful big bombshell to drop just out of no where.

I mean, I want to to be real, and to be part of something, but I remember people getting onboard the hype train at that tweets about Obama's address speaking on the russian hacking in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom