• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you knew about every single source people said. You wouldn't have opened with "something from Twitter and buzz feed."

Now youre just doubling down on there being no solid evidence. Everyone discussing this is fully aware of that revelation. As, Even if this all were true, we have due process, and there would be an investigation into the seemingly mountain of information that intelligence is briefing our leaders with.

This is not benghazi. Trump has a track record of lying about Russia, and putin. People he surrounds himself have ties to russia. He's lied about the Unverified info even being vetted by him, Even as recent as this week. If you want to make asinine statements that have no logic behind them, feel free. But stop acting like someone is out to get you. You're posting bullshit, getting called out on it, then posting more bullshit.

There isn't a single parallel with benghazi. If you believe so, that just speaks to a failure in critical thinking.

So basically you can't disagree with the narrative? It's not my victim complex; it's the whole you can't disagree or you're either a Russia shill or a Troll angle. For the record: I do believe Trump and Putin have a bromance. I don't believe the whole he's going to jail angle.

Polarbear

Banned

evlhnk.gif

evlhnk.gif

S1lent

It is still not clear to me why the IC decided to include a summary of the allegations in the briefing document to Trump. Retired IC folks have described that move as highly unusual. I am perhaps being hopeful, but it makes me suspect that the ongoing investigation into the allegations has already made serious headway, and they wanted to make sure the story about the allegations got leaked to the public in a manner that lent them credibility so that Trump couldn't easily shut the investigation down after Jan 20.

KHarvey16

You guys are taking the word of someone who referred to Trump as 'buttboi'.

Come on, really?

I don't think anyone is taking his word. Details are coming out about phone calls between Flynn and Russian officials after the expulsion of diplomats. People are mostly waiting for more information.

Now where have I heard this before? Ah yes, every. single. freaking day when BoBs were convinced Hillary was going to jail.
Doesn't Trump keep saying that the President is exempt from business conflicts of interest. Not sure where he gets that from.

Literally the GOP was trying to prevent it from happening by taking control of the Ethics Office.

That same ethics office is saying that Trump is blatantly violating the constitution.

Come on, really?

No I'm taking the fact that these two things happened:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...d296534b31e_story.html?utm_term=.ef3156fecff5
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/12/...to-share-intercepted-communications.html?_r=0

You think it's a coincidence that the NSA gets to let everyone know about its global intercepts AND suddenly we find out that Flynn contacted Russian Ambassadors several times on a specific day?

Obama did this so that they can start getting a shitload of warrants.

mid83

It is still not clear to me why the IC decided to include a summary of the allegations in the briefing document to Trump. Retired IC folks have described that move as highly unusual. I am perhaps being hopeful, but it makes me suspect that the ongoing investigation into the allegations has already made serious headway, and they wanted to make sure the story about the allegations got leaked to the public so that Trump couldn't easily shut it down after Jan 20.

This is the big pushback I've gotten from Trump supporters other than "fake news...CNN!!" They say the IC would never include unsubstantiated info in an intel briefing so this is just the Obama administration's attempt to trash Trump on the way out. ie.....it's all a big lie by Biden and CNN

Tzeentch

Doesn't Trump keep saying that the President is exempt from business conflicts of interest. Not sure where he gets that from.
The President and VP are exempt from certain conflict of interest laws.

The constitutional angle comes from the emoluments clause, but well .... good luck actually trying to apply that in the modern era.
PBS said:
Arthur Hellman, an ethicist at the University of Pittsburgh, said he does not believe any U.S. court, much less the Supreme Court, has ever interpreted the emoluments clause. “There is nothing that sheds much light on questions raised by foreign officials giving something or engaging in activities that could be construed as emoluments to Trump or his businesses.”

However, a violation might be difficult to challenge in court, Hellman said. “It’s hard to imagine anyone would have standing,” he said. Other legal experts have said that perhaps a business competitor would have the right to litigate.
TLDR: Don't expect this angle of attack to amount to much right now.

So basically you can't disagree with the narrative? It's not my victim complex; it's the whole you can't disagree or you're either a Russia shill or a Troll angle. For the record: I do believe Trump and Putin have a bromance. I don't believe the whole he's going to jail angle.

Sounds like you may not have the best grasp on the narrative. IF, with a big if, the dossier contains accurate information, this is way bigger than a bromance. It's the definition of treason and COULD result in jail time, but more likely impeachment.

Literally the GOP was trying to prevent it from happening by taking control of the Ethics Office.

That same ethics office is saying that Trump is blatantly violating the constitution.

Ugh. Even if there is something here, party over country for the GOP. They aren't going to do anything are they.

commedieu

Banned

It's abundantly clear that you don't have a clear idea of the narrative. Just ask to get an update or something instead of claiming it's benghazi 2.0.

I fully disagree with your post stating this was some buzzfeed, twitter, thing. Just as the cia report fiasco. You haven't managed to illustrate that you know what is going on besides using some buzzwords about this developing story.

I do not think you're a shill. I think you just have low information and are coming into a middle of a thread where people are discussing the myriad of information happening right now, and coming to a conclusion based on what you know versus what has actually happened so far.

If your spirit is just to wait for the facts, I think that fine. But as this is a discussion forum, there are events that are happening during this that are worthy of a discussion.

But when you came out the gate making false declarations, it doesn't do much besides get people having to correct the information.

KHarvey16

I believe this, but also believe that John Schindler may be exaggerating a bit with his tweets.

And yet, the pieces of the puzzle keep falling into place every day...

Seems like he has additional info that isn't public yet. Could be something, could be nothing, but either way he makes it sound like we should know soon.

Ugh. Even if there is something here, party over country for the GOP. They aren't going to do anything are they.

Unless the GOP wants any excuse they can to put Pence and Ryan in place.

Here's my prediction:

This shit will lead to a snowball effect of search warrants against Trump and his "inner circle".

This is going to take down the inner circle: Roger Stone, Paul Manafort, Rudy Guillianni, Michael Flynn, and Donald Trump.

It's abundantly clear that you don't have a clear idea of the narrative. Just ask to get an update or something instead of claiming it's benghazi 2.0.

I fully disagree with your post stating this was some buzzfeed, twitter, thing. Just as the cia report fiasco. You haven't managed to illustrate that you know what is going on besides using some buzzwords about this developing story.

I do not think you're a shill. I think you just have low information and are coming into a middle of a thread where people are discussing the myriad of information happening right now, and coming to a conclusion based on what you know versus what has actually happened so far.

If your spirit is just to wait for the facts, I think that fine. But as this is a discussion forum, there are events that are happening during this that are worthy of a discussion.

But when you came out the gate making false declarations, it doesn't do much besides get people having to correct the information.

yes, I wait for the facts. Thank you for finally listening. I get tired of people telling me to shut up and accept their point of view. It frustrates me to no end I can't speak my mind. No, I'm not an expert but, this is a discussion forum and I don't see the harm in stating my opinion.

S1lent

This is the big pushback I've gotten from Trump supporters other than "fake news...CNN!!" They say the IC would never include unsubstantiated info in an intel briefing so this is just the Obama administration's attempt to trash Trump on the way out. ie.....it's all a big lie by Biden and CNN

Plausible. Don't think it is Obama admin per se, but given that Trump has basically declared war on the Intel community, the Intel Chiefs may not be above some revenge on behalf of their workforce. I hope my theory is the right one, but then again they aren't even mutually exclusive.

mid83

Based on my discussions with Trump voters, they won't believe anything regarding Russia unless Fox, Breitbart and co. start reporting it, or Trump just admits to it. Earlier in the thread I mentioned how I was called a liberal traitor because I'm not in favor of Trump and I read mainstream media sources.

These people are going to riot if the GOP turns against Trump, so I believe we will see much out of GOP leaders unless the evidence becomes overwhelming.

Allard

Plausible. Don't think it is Obama admin per se, but given that Trump has basically declared war on the Intel community, I don't know if they are above some revenge. I hope my theory is the right one, but they aren't mutually exclusive.

If that Israeli report is accurate earlier the Intelligence community might see Trump and his appointees and cabinet members as a direct assault on their ability to function. If Intelligence agencies refrain from talking with American intel because they fear it would get in Russian hands via trump its a great threat to our own capability in international relations. That alone would damage America for years to come.

Come on, really?

Read this if you're not a Russian drive-by troll.

Specifically this section(with links to further substantiating evidence for your follow up rebuttals.

Retired Lt. Gen. Michael T. Flynn, Trump’s choice for national security adviser, cultivates close Russian contacts. He has appeared on Russia Today and received a speaking fee from the cable network, which was described in last week’s unclassified intelligence briefing on Russian hacking as “the Kremlin’s principal international propaganda outlet.”

According to a senior U.S. government official, Flynn phoned Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak several times on Dec. 29, the day the Obama administration announced the expulsion of 35 Russian officials as well as other measures in retaliation for the hacking. What did Flynn say, and did it undercut the U.S. sanctions? The Logan Act (though never enforced) bars U.S. citizens from correspondence intending to influence a foreign government about “disputes” with the United States. Was its spirit violated? The Trump campaign didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.

Flynn is a(one of Trump's) Russian agent(s). And he's the USA National Security Advisor if Trump is inaugurated. Sleep well.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I always found it suspect how the NSA is supposedly amassing loads of data but seemingly never has that info used by other departments. I thought that the US was doing this to keep a technological edge, like they do with the military, and that they barred themselves from actually using the info to keep how much they know under wraps.

Seems like with Obama's administration decision, they've reached the point where they feel they can or must start making use of said info even if that might hint at what they are actually able to collect.

Sianos

Seems like he has additional info that isn't public yet. Could be something, could be nothing, but either way he makes it sound like we should know soon.
Taking a closer look at his feed he looks to have past national security experience that suggests reliability, yet he's also quite worked up and incendiary - though at the same time if what he says is true that is entirely understandable.

Regardless of if his additional information is true, the smoke just keeps on fuming more and more, which suggests to me more and more that there's some sort of fire somewhere.

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/314891/trump-russia-girls-howard-stern-2001-aj-benza/

In 2001, a gossip columnist talked about Trump going to Russia to bang girls:

"Trump: I assume A.J.’s clean. I hope he’s clean.

Benza: Meanwhile, he bangs Russian people…

Stern: Russian people?

Trump: Who are you talking about, Russian people, A.J.? I don’t know anything.

Benza: He used to call me when I was a columnist and say, “I was just in Russia, the girls have no morals, you gotta get out there.” [Trump’s] out of his mind."

S1lent

If that Israeli report is accurate earlier the Intelligence community might see Trump and his appointees and cabinet members as a direct assault on their ability to function. If Intelligence agencies refrain from talking with American intel because they fear it would get in Russian hands via trump its a great threat to our own capability in international relations. That alone would damage America for years to come.

Absolutely. Even just the act of attacking the IC publicly as Trump is doing has the potential to do damage if it continues after he takes office. We often need to convince other countries that we have solid Intel about something to get them to do something we want them to do or allow us to do something. How does Trump do that if he is constantly denigrating the Intel agencies?

Zereta

I read it: I wasn't convinced. People voted for Trump as unfortunate as that is.

Not American here. But I think you're missing the point.

You're seemingly dismissing this as straight "Man, Dems and Libs are blaming the loss on Russians blah"

Maybe some are. But ignoring the larger implications of what these allegations say, that's irresponsible.

I did watch the Anderson Cooper segment with Robert Reich and Jeffrey Lord regarding Trump's plan to avoid conflicts of interest. Lord's only defense was "Trump won...people don't care...get over it". Crazy.

All the Trump surrogates need to be banned from news. If you want a Republican opinion...talk to a Republican congress-person.

Lord, Conway, and the rest all need to be purged from TV.

Zereta

Come on, really?

Fair.

Same guy is a reputable intelligence analyst. Was even on MSNBC's The Last Word last night with a bunch of other intelligence analysts.

Ex-NSA. Has contacts.

Should we just believe him alone? No. But he is another piece in a chorus of pieces that have been coming together since Paul Manafort was hired by the Trump campaign.

m3k

Nothing more than Flynn and his son are on Kremlin payroll.

Oh, also Flynn was calling Russian counterpart the day Obama signed off on more Russian sanctions.

I just checked this guy out... what

he was/is going to be the nsa director with no checks or balances

according to wikipedia: he also just met with the freedom party of austria which had just agreed to cooperation with russian ruling party

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
A lot of the behavior in here is pretty similar to the behavior righties exhibited about emails, Benghazi, etc. This is not to say that the situations are the same, but the same aspects of human nature are present on both sides of the aisle.

A lot of the behavior in here is pretty similar to the behavior righties exhibited about emails, Benghazi, etc. This is not to say that the situations are the same, but the same aspects of human nature are present on both sides of the aisle.

Which is why I keep telling people to calm down and not get emotional over every little thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom