• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
If you knew about every single source people said. You wouldn't have opened with "something from Twitter and buzz feed."

Now youre just doubling down on there being no solid evidence. Its a report, Everyone discussing this is fully aware of that revelation. As, Even if this all were true, we have due process, and there would be an investigation into the seemingly mountain of information that intelligence is briefing our leaders with.

This is not benghazi. Trump has a track record of lying about Russia, and putin. People he surrounds himself have ties to russia. He's lied about the Unverified info even being vetted by him, Even as recent as this week. If you want to make asinine statements that have no logic behind them, feel free. But stop acting like someone is out to get you. You're posting bullshit, getting called out on it, then posting more bullshit.

There isn't a single parallel with benghazi. If you believe so, that just speaks to a failure in critical thinking.
Dude even said during the press conference, "if Putin like me, I see that as an asset, not a liability."

Who the fuck says that when the entire planet thinks the two of you are fucking? There's a report prepared by a highly credible source, that says you are Putin's bitch, and you're response is, "but if he likes me though..."

Here's David Ignatius' bit from WaPo that everyone on twitter is talking about

C2BZlJ0UoAArkKU.jpg

I think it's safe to say it was violated. Why else call? Just to say hi? This is nuts.

Matt Taibbi weighs in:

The Russia Story Reaches a Crisis Point

Rolling Stone said:

The secret services either know far more than they're letting on, or they're using all this fluff and nonsense to try to sell the public on a conspiracy story they themselves can't quite prove. Either possibility is crazy to contemplate.

Comey's demurrals notwithstanding, it's now known that the Justice Department before the election repeatedly sought secret FISA warrants to investigate two Russian banks and a series of Trump associates.

We now know they got the warrant to investigate the Russian banks in October. As a result, there's suddenly quite justifiable outrage that Comey decided to reveal details of his Clinton email investigation and not news of this other inquiry right before the election.

But the more immediate problem is, why is Comey still holding back now? What is he waiting for?

Meanwhile, Ynet in Israel is reporting that Israeli intelligence officials are deciding not to share intelligence with the incoming Trump administration. The report indicates they came to this conclusion after a recent meeting with American intelligence officials, who told them the Russians have "leverages of pressure" to use against Trump.

This is an extraordinary story. If our intelligence community really believes this, then playtime is over.

No more Clapper-style hedging or waffling. If Israel gets to hear why they think Trump is compromised, how is the American public not also so entitled?

But if all they have are unverifiable rumors, they can't do this, not even to Donald Trump.

The only solution is an immediate unveiling of all the facts and an urgent public investigation. A half-assed whispering campaign a week and a half from a Trump presidency, with BuzzFeed at the center of the action, isn't going to cut it. We need to know what the likes of Clapper and Comey know, and we need it all now, before it's too late.

you know i was watching samantha bee and she made a good point (well not really a good point per se but)

remember when trump was so grossed out about hillary using the toilet at one of the debates? its like he was overcompensating... 'oh its so gross that she went pee omg Who would possibly be INTO that kind of thing!!!'

guek

Banned
The house gets briefed tomorrow, right?

I can't tell if all of this is being released in deliberate fashion or if I just want there to be an end goal

Whether or not it's all true, the incoming administration's policy towards Russia is now undermined, and so by extension, is Putin's grip. Any decision Trump takes will be viewed as a directive from the Kremlin.

Syncytia

The last paragraph nails it. But I still think if all the information they have is revealed and it turns out there is no collusion or whatever between Trump and Russia... these questions will never go away. Russia has never been friends with the west and Trump's admiration of Putin has always been a bit odd. Whether people wanted to say it was due to his business ties or just simply him being a DC outsider it's odd. Now with these allegations, the hacking, the weird connections like Rex Tillerson for Sec of State... if Trump is president, every single thing he says or does in regard to Russia with be under a microscope and it will never go away unless there is hard evidence and he is impeached and/or sent to jail for treason. If they can't disprove all of this it will never go away.

Even if none of this is real, whoever put this out just destroyed Trump's ability to act in Putin's favor. Trump lifts one sanction - tons of questions will be asked. Exxon is suddenly allowed to drill with Sec of State Tillerson - there is no way that is not seen as corruption, there's a direct line between this. Again, if these connections can't be disproven, the suspicion will remain and make things very difficult for the Trump administration.

The next 4 years are going to be a crazy ride.

Whether or not it's all true, the incoming administration's policy towards Russia is now undermined, and so by extension, is Putin's grip. Any decision Trump takes will be viewed as a directive from the Kremlin.

and that might be the game here, the IC may just be waging a whisper campaign that is going to keep players on both sides on their toes not trusting anyone on any side with the end goal of stymieing any plans Putin had for the next 4 years and hopefully not more. Trump fucked up big going after the intelligence community.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
and that might be the game here, the IC may just be waging a whisper campaign that is going to keep players on both sides on their toes not trusting anyone on any side with the end goal of stymieing any plans Putin had for the next 4 years and hopefully not more. Trump fucked up big going after the intelligence community.
I don't know what the hell I'm talking about.

That said, Trump's mistake was going after the IC with a blunt instrument instead of a scalpel. Dumping on the entirety of American intelligence on Twitter while parroting pro-russia sentiment wasn't the smartest play, I think. Puts even his allies within the IC in a real predicament.

Allard

I am actually legit trying to think of who he hasn't made an enemy out of on capital hill beyond his inner circle. Most republicans in congress were in near open revolt against him in the primaries and are reluctantly with him because he is stuck as the head of the parties image. He insults almost every ally we have and continues to cozy up with Russia and Assad despite most of previous allies consider them hostile. The intelligence community just might be the tip that finally caused it to spill. To be honest the biggest insult might what he has thrown at the press recently. Aside from most of Fox News (and even they are tepid) almost every organization has called him a liar out right over his recent comments regarding briefings. We now know anything he says regarding national security cannot be trusted, that is dangerous for someone who is about to be head of state. Even the bush administration for how slimy some of the people were in those offices didn't come across as habitual liars, they at least thought the words they used would taking to task with a fine toothed comb.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
But guys, Trump knows all about the small cameras with modern technology planted everywhere. He tells it to people all the time. Not just Russia, but everywhere. And he's a germaphobe too. So, I mean, how are we still discussing this?

Syncytia

I am actually legit trying to think of who he hasn't made an enemy out of on capital hill beyond his inner circle. Most republicans in congress were in near open revolt against him in the primaries and are reluctantly with him because he is stuck as the head of the parties image. He insults almost every ally we have and continues to cozy up with Russia and Assad despite most of previous allies consider them hostile. The intelligence community just might be the tip that finally caused it to spill. To be honest the biggest insult might what he has thrown at the press recently. Aside from most of Fox News (and even they are tepid) almost every organization has called him a liar out right over his recent comments regarding briefings. We now know anything he says regarding national security cannot be trusted, that is dangerous for someone who is about to be head of state. Even the bush administration for how slimy some of the people were in those offices didn't come across as habitual liars, they at least thought the words they used would taking to task with a fine toothed comb.

I know CNN and MSNBC have both talked on air about Trump attacking the press and how dangerous that is. Don Lemon last night was even saying to Jim Acosta that if Trump pulls that shit again, the next journo picked for a question just needs to say "I have the same question as the previous reporter, please answer that." I think in general the media really does know they fucked up big time in regards to emails and Trump and they're trying to figure out where they go from here. Plus, it's not like it will be excruciatingly difficult for the press to go after Trump, he's stupid enough to put plenty of things on a platter for everyone to go after if they're willing.

Reeks

But guys, Trump knows all about the small cameras with modern technology planted everywhere. He tells it to people all the time. Not just Russia, but everywhere. And he's a germaphobe too. So, I mean, how are we still discussing this?

This really doesn't have to do with anything so I apologize in advance. But technically, urine is sterile and as the story goes, he paid them to piss on a bed, not him, right? Not germaphobe mutually exclusive. Gods help me.

rjinaz

He's a germaphobe, he's not a germaphobe. He knows Putin, he doesn't know Putin. Who the frak knows with this man. Is he even real? I don't know. He could just be a lie.

Gorger

Infamous. He'll be the next Benedict Arnold. It will give the word "trump" all new meaning.

Edit: beaten apparently heh.

Norway's most famous word is 'Quisling' - The name of a traitor who colluded with the Nazis during the invasion and established a nazi friendly puppet government. If there are truths in the claims presented so far I know exactly what the name 'Trump' will represent in the future.

Syncytia

This really doesn't have to do with anything so I apologize in advance. But technically, urine is sterile and as the story goes, he paid them to piss on a bed, not him, right? Not germaphobe mutually exclusive. Gods help me.

I wonder if it depends on the person? Like urine is intrinsically disgusting... so it might just trigger a germaphobe anyway. Plus unless it was their own urine.... I imagine a germaphobe wouldn't be to pleased since it's still coming from someone else who is potentially dirty.

What a world we live in. Considering if our next president would or would not be disgusted by another persons urine.

Norway's most famous word is 'Quisling' - The name of a traitor who colluded with the Nazis during the invasion and established a nazi friendly puppet government. If there are truths in the claims presented so far I know exactly what the name 'Trump' will represent in the future.

I never learned the word quisling until I read the Vampire Earth series be E.E. Knight. I don't know common it is in English but I really like the word and I think it should be more common, or well known at least.

rjinaz

That Paul Ryan, he's a Trump.

I think I like it.

Trump is a Russian agent IMO...they have the goods on him. The praise for Russia from him and his appointees is way over the top. Loose-lipped Donald Trump can get himself in trouble with Access Hollywood, the kineving Russians would obviously get more out of him than that.

As for the IC and what they're going to do in the next week.

It may be the Intelligence community is too focused on looking at private parts that they aren't looking at Trump/Russia and thus know very little and will do nothing...and we all die from Trump launched US nukes.

It could also be the IC wants more power and there'd be no better way to gain more power than swooping in at the last minute to deny Trump.

Which leads to fuck face...James Comey. How the heck does he fit into all of this? He handed the election to Trump with the Clinton shit while ignoring the explosive revelations on Trump? He had to know would be the result. Is he working for Russia? Or was Trump gaining power part of the plan...per the paragraph above...to show American greatness and embarrass the right for nominating a Russian operative?

This will be the most interesting week in all our lifetimes I think. I'd assume there are plenty of entities out there trying to stop Trump from taking office in some way or another.

If Trump takes power, America will not be a super power after the length of his stay is up. Lisa Simpson will be right.

faisal233

Trump is a Russian agent IMO...they have the goods on him. The praise for Russia from him and his appointees is way over the top. Loose-lipped Donald Trump can get himself in trouble with Access Hollywood, the kineving Russians would obviously get more out of him than that.

As for the IC and what they're going to do in the next week.

It may be the Intelligence community is too focused on looking at private parts that they aren't looking at Trump/Russia and thus know very little and will do nothing...and we all die from Trump launched US nukes.

It could also be the IC wants more power and there'd be no better way to gain more power than swooping in at the last minute to deny Trump.

Which leads to fuck face...James Comey. How the heck does he fit into all of this? He handed the election to Trump with the Clinton shit while ignoring the explosive revelations on Trump? He had to know would be the result. Is he working for Russia? Or was Trump gaining power part of the plan...per the paragraph above...to show American greatness and embarrass the right for nominating a Russian operative?

This will be the most interesting week in all our lifetimes I think. I'd assume there are plenty of entities out there trying to stop Trump from taking office in some way or another.

If Trump takes power, America will not be a super power after the length of his stay is up. Lisa Simpson will be right.

It doesn't have to be this week. I think if they can destroy Flynn for confirmation this week, their short term work will be done. Without the threat of Flynn looming over their head, I think the IC will be safe in the short term. They can have the scandal appear 6 months to a year from now to take down the presidency.

Davide

It doesn't have to be this week. I think if they can destroy Flynn for confirmation this week, their short term work will be done. Without the threat of Flynn looming over their head, I think the IC will be safe in the short term. They can have the scandal appear 6 months to a year from now to take down the presidency.
If Trump has been colluding with Russia and they have evidence of it he needs to be removed from office ASAP.

So let's say all of this is true and Trump and his comrades are arrested...then what happens? Pence is President? Hard to believe that the VP wouldn't know of these secrets, plus the public probably wouldn't trust him. Ryan as President then?

If Russia compromised our democratic process, should there be a re-election for President? I mean this shit is crazy and unprecedented.

National Security Advisor is not a confirmation job and thus no vote. Flynn is in as National Security Advisor.

Trump taking office legitimizes him. He is not legitimate. The IC has to know this...hence why the ball got rolling this week...on info many people have had for months.

MGrant

So let's say all of this is true and Trump and his comrades are arrested...then what happens? Pence is President? Hard to believe that the VP wouldn't know of these secrets, plus the public probably wouldn't trust him. Ryan as President then?

If Russia compromised our democratic process, should there be a re-election for President? I mean this shit is crazy and unprecedented.

We're likely stuck with what we got, but I'm aghast at fact of how nobody seems to know what the fuck is going on right now. So much shit hitting the fan. Power transition process is marching steadily along while the American people still haven't been given the foggiest clue as to what we're actually transitioning to.

We're likely stuck with what we got, but I'm aghast at fact of how nobody seems to know what the fuck is going on right now. So much shit hitting the fan. Power transition process is marching steadily along while the American people still haven't been given the foggiest clue as to what we're actually transitioning to.

Russia controls our power grid. And all those people are getting hyped for the Switch. ha.

Con_Smith

Banned
I still can't believe Republicans aren't more outraged they got duped, conned, played, and are being made the fool and some will still fight you for their right to be ignorant.

Like where the fuck did patriotism go? This guy literally does everything plus more you accuse Obama of and not a fucking peep of dissent. Trump could take their guns and they'd probably fall in line at this point.

The change to share intelligence from NSA to other agencies is news now, but was actually changed Jan 1st and clearly thought of before that... so I am not sure how closely to connect the news of it with any recent events. It could just be Obama clearing his desk of past promises.

Trump is sure not acting like someone in risk of immediate catastrophe, his press conference etc was yet more FUs to the press, to the intelligence communities and so on.

The report from Steele was the supposedly the worst kept secret in Washington for three months plus and isn't easily corroborated. Perhaps that's why we get to see it now - because it's worth has been squeezed dry.

Trump gets inaugurated and the options narrow considerably for action on anything. It doesn't mean much for anything to come out, even video, if no committee is going to actually act on it and nobody with teeth can run with it, this goes for his taxes his connections his money flows etc etc!

As long as his base believe in him, who has the guts to go for his throat, The last thing anyone wants is civil unrest on the top of everything else. If he keeps fooling his base then he probably feels pretty untouchable. He doesn't have to obey the law to the letter, he just has to keep them sweet. Hence his wall building and divest side show.

That's my Pessimistic view I am still waiting to hear things to strike points off this list.. in a week there will be another point to add to it: he is president and is placing his people in senior positions. People who may want to really F him up may feel it is no longer a good time, they may prefer to go back to wait and see how bad is he really going to be mode.

I was just thinking that Obama must be getting a little kick out of this considering the shit Trump was helping stir up with the whole birth certificate bullshit before his inauguration.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I still can't believe Republicans aren't more outraged they got duped, conned, played, and are being made the fool and some will still fight you for their right to be ignorant.

Like where the fuck did patriotism go? This guy literally does everything plus more you accuse Obama of and not a fucking peep of dissent. Trump could take their guns and they'd probably fall in line at this point.

Pretty soon you'll be considered unpatriotic if you don't have a Russian flag pin on your lapel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom