• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, General Flynn propagated #pizzagate??

From #FakeNews to the White House. Yup.

Politico says

But Flynn himself has used social media to promote a series of outrageous conspiracy theories about Hillary Clinton, President Barack Obama and their inner circles in recent months — pushing dubious factoids at least 16 times since Aug. 9, according to a POLITICO review of his Twitter posts. Flynn, who has 106,000 Twitter followers, has used the platform to retweet accusations that Clinton is involved with child sex trafficking and has "secretly waged war" on the Catholic Church, as well as charges that Obama is a ”jihadi" who ”laundered" money for Muslim terrorists.

BowieZ

Banned

I think that was his son. IIRC Flynn himself linked to Infowars at one point, though

From #FakeNews to the White House. Yup.

Politico says
Okay, to be clear: Flynn Sr. was involved in propagating a separate instance of #fakenews, about a Bill Clinton sexual massage scandal, and his son (who now has a .gov address and will likely serve in the Trump admin!), suggested plausibility of the #pizzagate #fakenews scandal.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www...-tweet-something-about-pizzagate-not-exactly/

The change to share intelligence from NSA to other agencies is news now, but was actually changed Jan 1st and clearly thought of before that... so I am not sure how closely to connect the news of it with any recent events. It could just be Obama clearing his desk of past promises.

Trump is sure not acting like someone in risk of immediate catastrophe, his press conference etc was yet more FUs to the press, to the intelligence communities and so on.

The report from Steele was the supposedly the worst kept secret in Washington for three months plus and isn't easily corroborated. Perhaps that's why we get to see it now - because it's worth has been squeezed dry.

Trump gets inaugurated and the options narrow considerably for action on anything. It doesn't mean much for anything to come out, even video, if no committee is going to actually act on it and nobody with teeth can run with it, this goes for his taxes his connections his money flows etc etc!

As long as his base believe in him, who has the guts to go for his throat, The last thing anyone wants is civil unrest on the top of everything else. If he keeps fooling his base then he probably feels pretty untouchable. He doesn't have to obey the law to the letter, he just has to keep them sweet. Hence his wall building and divest side show.

That's my Pessimistic view I am still waiting to hear things to strike points off this list.. in a week there will be another point to add to it: he is president and is placing his people in senior positions. People who may want to really F him up may feel it is no longer a good time, they may prefer to go back to wait and see how bad is he really going to be mode.

Are non-Trump supporters really that scared of civil unrest? Let Putin run the US (into the ground) for the sake of nobody getting angry or mad? A lot of you guys sound like a bunch of phlegmatics right now. I have never seen such a defeatist attitude coming from the USA as today. And its worrying. Worrying that people give up so easily.

You guys may have civil unrest either way. If not from the angry mob of Trump supporters for a possible impeachment, then from minorities, and basically anyone who might get screwed over by the leadership. You can't avoid getting people upset, you can't avoid civil unrest forever, the more extreme the government the bigger the chance unrest comes from one side or the other.

Don't be afraid of getting your hands dirty once in a while. The other side clearly isn't.

I feel like head is going to pop as I was discussing this with a few Trump supporters I know. All I got as a response was fake news and CNN/Clapper/Biden are lying. I'm also a traitor because despite considering myself a moderate Republican/conservative, my refusal to support Trump and my consuming of media like CNN/NYT makes me a far left traitor.

Jesus.....

lol..Geezuz, man. Sounds like a fucking bad night..

Okay, to be clear: Flynn Sr. was involved in propagating a separate instance of #fakenews, about a Bill Clinton sexual massage scandal, and his son who now has a .gov address and will likely serve in the Trump admin, suggested plausibility in the #pizzagate #fakenews scandal.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www...-tweet-something-about-pizzagate-not-exactly/

Flynn Sr(the advisor to Trump) retweeted his son's conspiracy about #pizzagate. In the article I linked to from this past December. They say, Flynn Sr, had 16 different occasions of promoting some fake news/conspiracy since August. Read the article. Apparently some shit about vampire blood or something too...lmao.

Politico again...

"We are not talking about policy toward China or Russia," Singer, now a national security strategist at the think tank New America, said in an interview Monday. "We are talking about some of the most bizarre conspiracy theories out there. We are down the rabbit hole. How can you take him seriously when he is discussing people in D.C. drinking human blood? It is exasperating."

mid83

I still can't believe Republicans aren't more outraged they got duped, conned, played, and are being made the fool and some will still fight you for their right to be ignorant.

Like where the fuck did patriotism go? This guy literally does everything plus more you accuse Obama of and not a fucking peep of dissent. Trump could take their guns and they'd probably fall in line at this point.

Regarding his supporters, most are 100% convinced all the Russia talk is nothing more than a collective effort by the left, segments of the IC, and the media to delegitimize Trump's presidency. They think it's all lies and they believe nothing that comes out of the media regarding this issue. I watched several segments of various Fox shows from earlier tonight and the overall theme being presented is the corrupt media is attempting to sell this Russia story (hacking, the dossier everything) with nothing to back it up. So you aren't going to easily change minds here. Trust me, I know many Trump supporters and I've raked over the coals this week over even considering this story is something to keep an eye on.

Regarding elected officials, they don't want to rock the boat and lose power. I imagine Senators like Graham and McCain would jump on this issue if there was actual evidence of the claims in the dossier (or other Russia related items being tossed around) but they aren't going to say a word until we reach that point.

mid83

Are non-Trump supporters really that scared of civil unrest? Let Putin run the US (into the ground) for the sake of nobody getting angry or mad? A lot of you guys sound like a bunch of phlegmatics right now. I have never seen such a defeatist attitude coming from the USA as today. And its worrying. Worrying that people give up so easily.

You guys may have civil unrest either way. If not from the angry mob of Trump supporters for a possible impeachment, then from minorities, and basically anyone who might get screwed over by the leadership. You can't avoid getting people upset, you can't avoid civil unrest forever, the more extreme the government the bigger the chance unrest comes from one side or the other.

Don't be afraid of getting your hands dirty once in a while. The other side clearly isn't.

On all this Russia stuff I think we need to wait until there is actual proof of the claims floating around before people start to toss around the idea that an elected President be unseated. People here may believe it (or want to believe it) but what is out there amounts to heresay at this point. Let's hope the media and IC do their jobs to investigate these claims thouroughly and present actual concrete evidence if it indeed exists. Otherwise, this stuff just comes off as crazy conspiracy stuff.

On all this Russia stuff I think we need to wait until there is actual proof of the claims floating around before people start to toss around the idea that an elected President be unseated. People here may believe it (or want to believe it) but what is out there amounts to heresay at this point. Let's hope the media and IC do their jobs to investigate these claims thouroughly and present actual concrete evidence if it indeed exists. Otherwise, this stuff just comes off as crazy conspiracy stuff.

Obviously. Nothing is confirmed that could get him impeached for now. I just grew tired of hanging a "if all of this is true then..." at the end of my posts. But I wouldn't say it's just hearsay. Too many things point to some sort of connection between Trump and Putin.

BowieZ

Banned
Flynn Sr(the advisor to Trump) retweeted his son's conspiracy about #pizzagate. In the article I linked to from this past December. They say, Flynn Sr, had 16 different occasions of promoting some fake news/conspiracy since August. Read the article. Apparently some shit about vampire blood or something too...lmao.

Politico again...
Wow.

Regarding his supporters, most are 100% convinced all the Russia talk is nothing more than a collective effort by the left, segments of the IC, and the media to delegitimize Trump's presidency. They think it's all lies and they believe nothing that comes out of the media regarding this issue. I watched several segments of various Fox shows from earlier tonight and the overall theme being presented is the corrupt media is attempting to sell this Russia story (hacking, the dossier everything) with nothing to back it up. So you aren't going to easily change minds here. Trust me, I know many Trump supporters and I've raked over the coals this week over even considering this story is something to keep an eye on.

Regarding elected officials, they don't want to rock the boat and lose power. I imagine Senators like Graham and McCain would jump on this issue if there was actual evidence of the claims in the dossier (or other Russia related items being tossed around) but they aren't going to say a word until we reach that point.

McCain has called Russian intrusions an "act of war."

McCain gave dossier containing sensitive information to FBI.

Says it has since been "released late last year"...which may mean October 31 when Mother Jones article ran by David Corn. (which is the 35 page #GoldenGate).

Did your buddies vote for McCain in 2008? How quickly they turn.

edit-fixed second link.

Zereta

McCain has been on this like a hawk.

If IC can deliver the goods, McCain, Graham and possibly Rubio will fight against the GOP almost definitely. Those are 3 strongest anti-Russians in there right now, at least the most outspoken ones.

Xtyle

Regarding the Trump supporters. We are fucked. I tell you, we are fucked.
Those people don't need facts and do not take in facts. They make up their own "facts". They see things how they want to see them.

I remember that one tweet recently where Trump tweeted out something telling his followers to make up their own mind to what is real. This is extremely dangerous...it kind of reminds me of Charles Mansion and his family and how they would just follow his orders, even to murder. Mansion claimed he never gave them orders...he just told them things, and they make up their own minds to murder...that aspect of him is so similar to Trump who is always dishonest and will always say things that is in his best interest at the time. He will flat out lie even if you confront him with truth, as we see here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCFgYzf4DV4

I mean look at all the idiotic comments on YouTube and other places, his followers are blind to the facts and their view are so distorted and not based on reality or based on information that's fact-checked.

I randomly saw this video, and I look at the comments...oh boy, do we really really have people living among us with this kind of world view? Totally idiotic, irresponsible people! And everywhere you go (on the internet, at least), you see them everywhere. Even here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnoukNWR840

This is what its like when trying to argue with people who have been radicalised.

This undercurrent has risen to the very top, half the population slowly gestating consuming right wing propaganda for years and now we're in a situation where Science and Truth are commodities to be thrown out if they don't agree with the zealous rhetoric of dear leader.

Science and Truth are now fake news. I sonetimes wonder perhaps this is the final destination of all democracies. Democracy itself is a good thing in a vacuum. But when combined with the negative aspects of the human condition it becomes corrupted to the point it only really serves the rich and powerful.

The terrorists won I guess.

BowieZ

Banned
The terrorist ultimately was Fox News and its extreme neoconservative ilk, which have sown absolute hatred in US government and media.

Russia has capitalised on this insurgency of cult-like mistrust, regardless of the veracity of the dossier info.

All of this was an unintended but positive outcome for the actual foreign militant terrorists.

mo60

The change to share intelligence from NSA to other agencies is news now, but was actually changed Jan 1st and clearly thought of before that... so I am not sure how closely to connect the news of it with any recent events. It could just be Obama clearing his desk of past promises.

Trump is sure not acting like someone in risk of immediate catastrophe, his press conference etc was yet more FUs to the press, to the intelligence communities and so on.

The report from Steele was the supposedly the worst kept secret in Washington for three months plus and isn't easily corroborated. Perhaps that's why we get to see it now - because it's worth has been squeezed dry.

Trump gets inaugurated and the options narrow considerably for action on anything. It doesn't mean much for anything to come out, even video, if no committee is going to actually act on it and nobody with teeth can run with it, this goes for his taxes his connections his money flows etc etc!

As long as his base believe in him, who has the guts to go for his throat, The last thing anyone wants is civil unrest on the top of everything else. If he keeps fooling his base then he probably feels pretty untouchable. He doesn't have to obey the law to the letter, he just has to keep them sweet. Hence his wall building and divest side show.

That's my Pessimistic view I am still waiting to hear things to strike points off this list.. in a week there will be another point to add to it: he is president and is placing his people in senior positions. People who may want to really F him up may feel it is no longer a good time, they may prefer to go back to wait and see how bad is he really going to be mode.
I don't think trump would be acting like someone in risk of immediate catastrophe in public if he knew he was in trouble. He surrounds himself with people that make it harder for him to be affected by something like this.

mo60

So let's say all of this is true and Trump and his comrades are arrested...then what happens? Pence is President? Hard to believe that the VP wouldn't know of these secrets, plus the public probably wouldn't trust him. Ryan as President then?

If Russia compromised our democratic process, should there be a re-election for President? I mean this shit is crazy and unprecedented.

It's Pence unless the republicans decide it's not a good idea to make him the next president and then if it's not Pence it's most likely Orrin Hatch.

Anyway if Flynn goes away then trump will just appoint someone else that the intellligence community may not like.

norinrad

These events have been interesting. Looking at all those he has so far appointed. The sanctions against Russia would be removed soon.

Europe would be against it, but as Trump as said, Europe has to pay for NATO and there won't be any free lunch.

kess

This is what its like when trying to argue with people who have been radicalised.

This undercurrent has risen to the very top, half the population slowly gestating consuming right wing propaganda for years and now we're in a situation where Science and Truth are commodities to be thrown out if they don't agree with the zealous rhetoric of dear leader.

Science and Truth are now fake news. I sonetimes wonder perhaps this is the final destination of all democracies. Democracy itself is a good thing in a vacuum. But when combined with the negative aspects of the human condition it becomes corrupted to the point it only really serves the rich and powerful.

Democracy and civil insitutions only work when there is accountability, civic responsibility, and a sense of liability present for all actors -- concepts which are spread thin by the gaping maw of wealth inequality and the amorphous nature of the internet.

RedShift

Probably already been posted but the BBC are reporting that the agent is thought to be reliable because he helped expose FIFA corruption to do with Russia after the English FA hired his company to help with their World Cup bid.

He reported his findings to the FBI which presumably helped with their crackdown on FIFA.

BowieZ

Banned
Probably already been posted but the BBC are reporting that the agent is thought to be reliable because he helped expose FIFA corruption to do with Russia after the English FA hired his company to help with their World Cup bid.

He reported his findings to the FBI which presumably helped with their crackdown on FIFA.
Yeah, already posted somewhere I think around the, say, 20-70 page block... but there's so much information (not to mention misinformation of course) in this thread that you're definitely forgiven.

Kettch

Whether or not it's all true, the incoming administration's policy towards Russia is now undermined, and so by extension, is Putin's grip. Any decision Trump takes will be viewed as a directive from the Kremlin.

I dunno, Trump has been openly giving Russia his full support this whole time. Do you really think he's going to change because of this? Usually he just doesn't give a shit and doubles down.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
People can try and muddle the issue all they want, therr is no denying that the man and his team have a relationship with Russia.

All they have to do is say they havent been in contact, all Trump has to do is say anything negative about Russia, but he wont because he can't.

Kinan

Hopefully, now you guys understand through what pressure Ukraine is fighting through last 3 years. Just imaging if there are so many Russian shills in USA, how many of them are in Ukraine? Reading through "Frolov leaks" makes it apparent that Ukraine's destabilisation was planned and carefully prepared way before people actually got on streets.

I mean, just read that Dugin plan that Putin seems to follow religiously:

United Kingdom should be cut off from Europe ...

Basically done.

Ukraine should be annexed by Russia because "”Ukraine as a state has no geopolitical meaning, no particular cultural import or universal significance, no geographic uniqueness, no ethnic exclusiveness, its certain territorial ambitions represents an enormous danger for all of Eurasia and, without resolving the Ukrainian problem, it is in general senseless to speak about continental politics". Ukraine should not be allowed to remain independent, unless it is cordon sanitaire, which would be inadmissible

Work in progress. Ukrainians are still dying every day, in case you forgot. And millions will die if full Russian offensive will start after Trump's inauguration, as many in Ukraine afraid.

Georgia should be dismembered. Abkhazia and "United Ossetia" (which includes Georgia's South Ossetia) will be incorporated into Russia. Georgia's independent policies are unacceptable

Work in progress. Not really important right now, but if US support will be not there, its a matter of 1-week offensive.

Russia needs to create "geopolitical shocks" within Turkey. These can be achieved by employing Kurds, Armenians and other minorities.

WIP, rather spectacularly, imo. Erdogan thinks he can play on the equal footing with Vladimir, but we'll see him regretting his recent agreements with Russia soon enough.

China, which represents a danger to Russia, "must, to the maximum degree possible, be dismantled".

Good luck with that one, comrade Putin. Though it is a long term goal, and China will have its crysis sooner or later. Again, with US support in the region vanishing, anything will be possible.

Russia should use its special forces within the borders of the United States to fuel instability and separatism. For instance, provoke "Afro-American racists". Russia should "introduce geopolitical disorder into internal American activity, encouraging all kinds of separatism and ethnic, social and racial conflicts, actively supporting all dissident movements – extremist, racist, and sectarian groups, thus destabilizing internal political processes in the U.S. It would also make sense simultaneously to support isolationist tendencies in American politics.

WIP.... The similar activities can be observed in EU.

And the best part is - Russia is using your money for all of it. C'mon, people, wake up! Stop Russia before its too late! Full isolation, no oil trade, gas for food program, European rocket shield and centralized defense system. Only then Russia will listen, only then Putin will respect the West.

norinrad

Just woke up, anything new?

Read the post above you. Its business as usual.

Hopefully, now you guys understand through what pressure Ukraine is fighting through last 3 years. Just imaging if there are so many Russian shills in USA, how many of them are in Ukraine? Reading through "Frolov leaks" makes it apparent that Ukraine's destabilisation was planned and carefully prepared way before people actually got on streets.

I mean, just read that Dugin plan that Putin seems to follow religiously:

United Kingdom should be cut off from Europe ...

Basically done.

Ukraine should be annexed by Russia because "”Ukraine as a state has no geopolitical meaning, no particular cultural import or universal significance, no geographic uniqueness, no ethnic exclusiveness, its certain territorial ambitions represents an enormous danger for all of Eurasia and, without resolving the Ukrainian problem, it is in general senseless to speak about continental politics". Ukraine should not be allowed to remain independent, unless it is cordon sanitaire, which would be inadmissible

Work in progress. Ukrainians are still dying every day, in case you forgot. And millions will die if full Russian offensive will start after Trump's inauguration, as many in Ukraine afraid.

Georgia should be dismembered. Abkhazia and "United Ossetia" (which includes Georgia's South Ossetia) will be incorporated into Russia. Georgia's independent policies are unacceptable

Work in progress. Not really important right now, but if US support will be not there, its a matter of 1-week offensive.

Russia needs to create "geopolitical shocks" within Turkey. These can be achieved by employing Kurds, Armenians and other minorities.

WIP, rather spectacularly, imo. Erdogan thinks he can play on the equal footing with Vladimir, but we'll see him regretting his recent agreements with Russia soon enough.

China, which represents a danger to Russia, "must, to the maximum degree possible, be dismantled".

Good luck with that one, comrade Putin. Though it is a long term goal, and China will have its crysis sooner or later. Again, with US support in the region vanishing, anything will be possible.

Russia should use its special forces within the borders of the United States to fuel instability and separatism. For instance, provoke "Afro-American racists". Russia should "introduce geopolitical disorder into internal American activity, encouraging all kinds of separatism and ethnic, social and racial conflicts, actively supporting all dissident movements – extremist, racist, and sectarian groups, thus destabilizing internal political processes in the U.S. It would also make sense simultaneously to support isolationist tendencies in American politics.

WIP.... The similar activities can be observed in EU.

And the best part is - Russia is using your money for all of it. C'mon, people, wake up! Stop Russia before its too late! Full isolation, no oil trade, gas for food program, European rocket shield and centralized defense system. Only then Russia will listen, only then Putin will respect the West.

The key to a successful Europe is the UK being part of it, but people are happy to use the let them go we've had enough of them blocking policies in the EU.

Anyway who cares, we get to watch the champions league sponsored by Gazprom, Germany loves Russian oil and gas.

I'm guess Poland is next on the list to be destabilized?

Zereta

Just woke up, anything new?

Michael Flynn, Trump's National Security Advisor is like... a pretty Russian man, man.

According to a senior U.S. government official, Flynn phoned Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak several times on Dec. 29, the day the Obama administration announced the expulsion of 35 Russian officials as well as other measures in retaliation for the hacking. What did Flynn say, and did it undercut the U.S. sanctions? The Logan Act (though never enforced) bars U.S. citizens from correspondence intending to influence a foreign government about ”disputes" with the United States. Was its spirit violated? The Trump campaign didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.

And then John Schindler, ex-NSA man and intelligence analyst guy went CRAZY on twitter and I encourage you check his tweets out from tonight. But to highlight a biggie in my opinion:

5N9CQrq.png

So, some stuff's happening.

Alx

Apparently the hacker Guccifer 2.0 who claimed responsibility for the DNC hack said the report from the intelligence agencies was bullshit (French source). But then, said report says the agencies were convinced that the Guccifer 2.0 account was used by several people tied with the FSB, so whatever...

Zereta

Apparently the hacker Guccifer 2.0 who claimed responsibility for the DNC hack said the report from the intelligence agencies was bullshit (French source). But then, said report says the agencies were convinced that the Guccifer 2.0 account was used by several people tied with the FSB, so whatever...

Guccifer coming back after a long silence to be like "lol that thing is fake" isn't really the most convincing thing.

Can't wait for Trump to tweet using that as evidence.

Donnie-boy is tweetin' again

Basically same as before, it's all fake news according to his good buddy Russia.

Also Hillary Clinton is guilty as hell of...something?

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Wow at that ex-nsa guy going crazy on this.
He was very collected on this before. Straight up calling people traitors and saying shit is going down soon.

Zereta

He was very collected on this before. Straight up calling people traitors and thst shit is going down soon.

Him going crazy and news that the ex-MI6 agent had worked with the FBI to get the FIFA intel is what's gotten me basically fully on board that this is all real and closer to a resolution than we might think.

John Schindler was on MSNBC's The Last Word the other day with a bunch of other intelligence analysts (including one who worked under the Bush Administration) who all seemed pretty clear that there is something here that's very real.

He also wrote this amazing piece that explains the severity of this dossier and why it should be taken seriously and why its more legit than it might seem.

Jackpot

Banned
A lot of the behavior in here is pretty similar to the behavior righties exhibited about emails, Benghazi, etc. This is not to say that the situations are the same, but the same aspects of human nature are present on both sides of the aisle.

Yeah, leaping on every single unsourced twitter comment as "megaton!" is not a good look. If new evidence, as in more documents that can be verified by a 3rd party come out, then the story will develop. Until then it's just commentary and it'll disappear after a few days.

All the business regarding fake news is horrible. Not only are people quoting the actual fake news, but are also doubting real news. It's frustrating hearing "are you sure that's not fake news?" every time anything involved with Trump is discussed.

norinrad

oh oh oh

Impeachment incoming.

This continued stalling is a grave mistake, and things will only get nastier as more of Trump’s secrets are leaked to the media. Having repeatedly warned the president-elect to avoid needless fights with our spies, since they know things, let me add that it only will get worse from here if Trump doesn’t come clean soon.

Trump needs this issue to go away, and he can easily make that happen by releasing his tax returns and financial records for the last couple decades, thereby demonstrating that he has no dark Kremlin secrets. However, in his presser today, the president-elect stated that nobody but journalists care about his tax returns, which he reiterated he has no intention of releasing to the public.

http://observer.com/2017/01/donald-trump-press-conference-prague-michael-cohen/

All the business regarding fake news is horrible. Not only are people quoting the actual fake news, but are also doubting real news. It's frustrating hearing "are you sure that's not fake news?" every time anything involved with Trump is discussed.

Sayeth the Trump supporter: I reject reality and subsitute my own

The more he talks about it, the more guilty he sounds. His point of defense continues to be that Russia is correct in denying the allegations, and the intelligence community is making shit up.

BoaWFMm.jpg

unF0QVD.jpg

QZx2O9k.jpg

RawNuts

He was very collected on this before. Straight up calling people traitors and saying shit is going down soon.
I really don't think I can take that guy seriously anymore.

How could he possibly know something so huge that others don't in his position, and it seems like he is tweeting in anger and frustration.

And why the hell does he feel the need to use terms like buttboi? It's like seeing someone say "Obummer" or "Killery" and its hard to take them seriously after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom