• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are Americans not in the streets yet ?

Because most people think they won't be affected, and the ones that definitely would are already seen as less than people by a plurality of the country. The ones most affected then, would also have to fight the tide of disinformation and confirmation biases.

So if people are afraid that it'll be difficult, AND they'll be alone, they won't show up. There will eventually be a fever pitch in discontent and we'll have riots.

BowieZ

Banned
I just feel like everyone is waiting for something instead of doing something.
The issue is that everything so far is simply circumstantial evidence (granted, an overwhelming fuckton of it), and a questionable lie to the press about not being informed of the dossier.

People are waiting for something concrete to drop and are afraid of jumping the gun before the smoking gun.

jelly

It's a waiting game now. I'm sure things are happening behind the scenes so we will just have to wait and see. If they find a smoking gun they'll have to be sure.

faisal233

This. Which is why people need to stop giving him credit for a plan. This could have been diffused at least a dozen times by a half-intelligent politician. Instead he has escalated it at every turn not of choice but by sheer stupidity.

No shit, atleast come into power and purge the IC first before revealing to the world that you are a puppet.

E92 M3

So odd that Flynn made those phone calls know that the IC is monitoring everything. Not very smart.

This whole thing is a mess.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
The mentality Trump supporters are displaying is frightening. It is no longer "party above country" like so many Republicans have adopted since the Reagan days, It's moved way beyond that to now be "Trump above everyone" and it may have been from the start. It's a cult.

Yup. I love Obama, but if he was even remotely this dirty, I'd be long done with him.

I'd say its pretty much certain he won't last a full term but, what this week has shown if you come at him it best be watertight. All the crumbs are there it just needs someone to piece it all together which unfortunately will take time

It'll be like Capone something out of left field will nail him

Flynn supports crazy conspiracy theories, shared classified info and Installed a private internet connection installed in his office all of which he got busted on.

Seems normal for him to do something like call Russia when such communications are monitored.

kess

I'd say its pretty much certain he won't last a full term but, what this week has shown if you come at him it best be watertight. All the crumbs are there it just needs someone to piece it all together which unfortunately will take time

Yet, it would have probably dissipated if he hadn't gone bugfuck insane at the "Intelligence Community."

Which streets? New Yorkers were in the streets for a while after the election, unfortunately we're also the ones subsidizing the goddamn rustbelt so we have to work.

Fuck outta here with that. Minnesota has more Fortune 500s than any other state.

Edit: Ignore this post I'm wrong. Got bitchy and misremembered some stats.

Because there's no evidence of anything yet. I am confident that things are being investigated and that if hard evidence of any of this stuff exists it will be made public. Then we don't need to take to the streets.

If this were being ignored instead of being on the front page of every paper and talked about 24/7 on TV, then I might be on the streets.

But there's a process for this stuff. We can't just protest and have him barred from the Presidency immediately. All that would do is rile up his base, which we definitely do not need.

This. Which is why people need to stop giving him credit for a plan. This could have been diffused at least a dozen times by a half-intelligent politician. Instead he has escalated it at every turn not of choice but by sheer stupidity.

Seriously. If he was smarter he would have diffused it. If he had a slightly thicker skin he could have just ignored it.

He is just the right amount of stupid and thin skinned. :D

kVnzLct.jpg

Wilsongt

Some do protest, but a lot of times they are dispersed quickly by the police and then the media latches on and tells the people to get over it and get back to work.

The fact that Trump keeps spewing "Russia says Russia says Russia says" nonsense just lends more fuel to him being in their pocket. Of course Russia is going to just happily come out and say they own you and your family. They'll deny it.

royalan

Yet, it would have probably dissipated if he hadn't gone bugfuck insane at the "Intelligence Community."

When you think about it though, the IC didn't really break this story.

If you follow any journalists on Twitter, you knew about this document for months. They've been subtweeting it for a while. It's the "Oppo" Poli-GAF was waiting to drop.

But nobody could verify any of the contents, and nobody wanted to be the first to release it.

All it took was a major news source (CNN) openly acknowledging its existence to open the floodgates. That's not the IC.

If only all this had happened before Nov 8.

ZOONAMI

People have to work and at this point protesting won't accomplish anything.

It kind of hinges on the IC saying yes trump is compromised.

Then people will be in the streets. But still not during working hours really.

Most people can't just tell their boss, hey boss I'm gonna go protest today. Cool? K thx bye.

And if it ends up that none of this is able to be corroborated then everyone protesting just look like a bunch of wackos.

Goodlife

Is there any point?
To be fair, this looks like it's being investigated pretty well and not swept under the carpet.

If there is truth / evidence behind it, Trump is fucked and taking to the streets isn't going to make him more fucked.

If there is no truth / evidence behind it, then people shouting / protesting it just seem like the same lot shouting about Obama's birth certificate or Hillary's email's, or pizzagate etc etc

Dr.Acula

Banned
Does anyone even get charged with treason anymore? Manning was charged with military stuff, Snowden and Assange aren't formally charged with anything afaik. A quick look at wikipedia and I can't find anyone charged with treason in the US in the last 70 years.

Arkeband

Banned
Does anyone even get charged with treason anymore? Manning was charged with military stuff, Snowden and Assange aren't formally charged with anything afaik. A quick look at wikipedia and I can't find anyone charged with treason in the US in the last 70 years.

Assange is not a US citizen, a very important prerequisite for treason.

Pomerlaw

China, which represents a danger to Russia, "must, to the maximum degree possible, be dismantled".

Good luck with that one, comrade Putin. Though it is a long term goal, and China will have its crysis sooner or later. Again, with US support in the region vanishing, anything will be possible.

China will kick Russian ass.

The only thing Russia has going are nukes and gas. Everyone switch to clean energy will make them ever poorer.

China won't go easy on Russia as Europe is doin. Good luck Vlad indeed.

I'm sorry for Russians, they will suffer from this sooner or later.

Gutek

Most people can't just tell their boss, hey boss I'm gonna go protest today. Cool? I thx bye.

And if it ends up that none of this is able to be corroborated then everyone protesting just look like a bunch of wackos.

Koreans made it happen. Americans can do it too.

I want to say there was a dude who was leaking stuff to Israel in the news in the early 2000s.

Most people can't just tell their boss, hey boss I'm gonna go protest today. Cool? I thx bye.

Just need a good old fashioned general strike to protest

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
After next Friday, this whole thing will disappear rather quickly I assume?

Why would you assume that? In all likelihood, the investigation will be on going for many months whether something comes of it or not. I dont see the IC holding back to wait to torpedo or save trump for a special date

A general strike cannot happen because American society has 100% tied a person's value as a human being to having a job and being a good worker.

Unless something has changed since 2015 I'm pretty sure NY, CA and TX are still at the top of that list.

...maybe any other state not named California, New York, Texas, Illinois, Ohio, Virginia, New Jersey, or Pennsylvania.

http://www.ceo.com/entrepreneurial_...g-states-with-the-most-fortune-500-companies/

To be fair I think in the context of this election MN (which went for Clinton) isn't really included in the rust belt shorthand.

My bad, it's the Twin Cities that have the most Fortune 500s of any metro area. Not that state. (Or it's some other qualifier, I dunno)

Edit: ignore this post I'm wrong.

My bad, it's the Twin Cities that have the most Fortune 500s of any metro area. Not that state. (Or it's some other qualifier, I dunno)

I get snippy when people drop shit on Minnesota.

It has the most Fortune 500's of any metro area per capita, not absolute. Not trying to bring down Minneapolis though, it's a cool city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom