• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jisgsaw

How bad is Pence?

As someone said in this thread, at the very least his international politics would be rational and sane; as a non american, that's enough for me.

Considering how they have behaved up until now? No... I don't think so. I think the vast majority of them just want power and money and really don't care about much beyond that.

So, we just have to wait for Trump to go against their interest? Shouldn't take too long.

Nafai1123

Banned
If the campaign is proven to have been in contact, then they'd also have to prove Pence wasnt in on it.

Yeah considering Pence was part of the campaign I don't see how he can just say "I wasn't involved!"

Hopefully he gets the boot too and we get Pres. Ryan, which still sucks, but not nearly as badly.

How bad is Pence?

A totally bible tumping republican asshole. So civil rights and the environment will probably still get fucked but thats happening anyway since Pence is essentially doing the heavy policy lifting.

BUT at least he seems predictable and wont try bail on the UN or something.

Very much the lesser of the two evils.

As someone said in this thread, at the very least his international politics would be rational and sane; as a non american, that's enough for me.
If by "rational and sane" you mean "business-as-usual terrible," okay. I guess when you're on fire it feels good to be pissed on.

RDreamer

I think he could be worst

Not anymore.

I understood having a feeling Trump may not be as bad as some hardcore republicans when the campaign was ongoing, but now? Yeah, he's proven to be much worse than almost anyone else that ran or could run. Just look at the people he's surrounding himself with.

Yeah considering Pence was part of the campaign I don't see how he can just say "I wasn't involved!"

Hopefully he gets the boot too and we get Pres. Ryan, which still sucks, but not nearly as badly.

Ryan is also much better than Mcconell & Cruz. Not the best, but not a flat out disaster. A dem should easily win against him in 2020

Homophobic and transphobic hardcore Christian but at least he isn't insane

I expect him to be better than Trump on internal policies (he wouldn't do as much to weaken public confidence in medias and governement agencies as Trump currently does, and might even kick out Bannon and company), and at least somewhat rational on foreign policy, not to mention a lot less inclined to lick Putin's shoes.

Apharmd

Pence or Ryan will throw us into another recession. Income inequality will further widen. Add further restriction to suffrage. Will approve pro-discrimination policies and turn a blind eye to violence against people of color and LBGTQ.

That's best case scenario.

And still undeniably better than Mr. Kompromat.

RDreamer

Where's this thought that we're not going to get "the bible stuff" with Trump coming from anyway? You think he's just going to veto Republican shit that comes to him?

Pence or Ryan will throw us into another recession. Income inequality will further widen. Add further restriction to suffrage. Will approve pro-discrimination policies and turn a blind eye to violence against people of color and LBGTQ.

Foreign policy would be the status quo, minus maybe some tweaks wrt Iran policy. That's a massive improvement.

Domestic policy your country's pretty messed up no matter which Republican is in charge.

Vixdean

Pence sucks but I don't see him trading favors with Russia or going after the 1st Amendment and political opponents the way Trump seems to prepared to do. He's closer to Bush than a Cruz/Santorum type, and can be opposed on familiar grounds. He'll also have basically zero political capital if he's taking the place of a traitor.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Is this a real debate? Pence actually has years of political experience and seems to be level-headed and not apt to fly off the handle. This isn't even close.

jstripes

Banned
Yes. Dems were shocked and horrified. GOP just shrugged their shoulders.

The GOP is in all likelihood appalled with the method, but satisfied with the outcome.

The inner monologue is probably along the lines of "Well sure, it's pretty awful that the Russians had their tentacles in our election, but it got us in power, so whatever."

RDreamer

Pence sucks but I don't see him trading favors with Russia or going after the 1st Amendment and political opponents the way Trump seems to prepared to do. He's closer to Bush than a Cruz/Santorum type, and can be opposed on familiar grounds. He'll also have basically zero political capital if he's taking the place of a traitor.

Plus Pence doesn't have the cult of personality behind him that Trump does. He wouldn't have the mandate, and yeah he'd be taking the place of a traitor. I'll definitely take Pence over Trump now.

ZOONAMI

The GOP is in all likelihood appalled with the method, but satisfied with the outcome.

The inner monologue is probably along the lines of "Well sure, it's pretty awful that the Russians had their tentacles in our election, but it got us in power, so whatever."

Comey is their boy. If course they ain't mad.

Nafai1123

Banned

Yeah that stuff is still going to happen under Trump but at least we won't be led by a dicktator.

ZOONAMI

Is this a real debate? Pence actually has years of political experience and seems to be level-headed and not apt to fly off the handle. This isn't even close.

Yeah people are just saying Pence blows too, but this is where we're at.

Most of us will take the professional bigot who is likely still loyal to US foreign policy interests over the Russian trump bigot.

You're just stupid then. Pence ain't gonna start nuclear war because of SNL.

You call me stupid and follow it up with that?

Trump has made a believer out of you guys, if SNL would trigger nukes.

I really don't mind seeing the dude go down in flames so I'll support your Pence takeover hopes

You call me stupid and follow it up with that?

Trump has made a believer out of you guys, if SNL would trigger nukes.

I really don't mind seeing the dude go down in flames so I'll support your Pence takeover hopes

i believe that bit is hyperbole re SNL, but the idea is the same, Trump is a petty, obsessive, narcissist and yes, i could easily see him condemning millions to die if he felt personally slighted

Pomerlaw

AP Source: Trump aide in frequent contact with Russia envoy

Don't think I've seen this posted, but it confirms David Ignatius's piece yesterday.

200_s.gif

rac

Banned
with trump you get all the bullshit from him and pence with no accountability at all

if trump is impeached and pence is president at least he won't be able to hide behind a cult figure

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
As bad as Pence is, at this point I would prefer him to Trump, if only because Trump is a messianic figure to some very fucked up and crazy people. He is the center of a movement that is genuinely dangerous to America even beyond the ways in which the GOP is very dangerous.

The GOP is a long-term threat but Trump is something that needs to be torn down and repudiated as fast as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom